HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Rangers at Pittsburgh Penguins 7:00 PM ET | Wrestlemania Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Malkin112*

vCash: 500
Pens needs this man to step up

Old
04-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Can someone please asplains this yinzer obsession with wrestling to me? I mean as a kid I enjoyed snappin' into a Slim Jim with Macho Man and the Lovely Elizabeth as much as the next person (well, maybe not as much as the next person but I did enjoy a good phony wrestling match from time to time)... but as an adult... I don't see it.

If you're not putting the Macho Man in there (Jim Duggan was all good, Hulskster became too commercial with his own dumbass reality show), I can't see the point.

SNAP INTO IT FREDERICO!

Old
04-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Frederick Stanley
MSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Can someone please asplains this yinzer obsession with wrestling to me? I mean as a kid I enjoyed snappin' into a Slim Jim with Macho Man and the Lovely Elizabeth as much as the next person (well, maybe not as much as the next person but I did enjoy a good phony wrestling match from time to time)... but as an adult... I don't see it.

If you're not putting the Macho Man in there (Jim Duggan was all good, Hulskster became too commercial with his own dumbass reality show), I can't see the point.

SNAP INTO IT FREDERICO!

I think I hate Wrestling as much as you do nowadays. I watched between 1997-2001 with Mick Foley, Stone Cold, Triple H and HBK and others in their prime years. God, I ****ing hate John Cena with all my heart, **** your Chaingang.

But it was cool to do some research for the GDT, what happend the last 5 Wrestlemania's, who is Champion right now, who retired and stuff like that.

Old
04-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:

SNAP INTO IT FREDERICO!

its completely idiotic. and if you understand that, it can be ridiculously entertaining to watch with friends. Occasionally I'll turn it on myself and I can't watch more than 5 minutes without turning it off. Put me in a room with some friends and some beers and it makes for some damn good entertainment imo.

Old
04-05-2013, 04:48 PM
BHD

4-1 Pens is my prediction.

"I think a big thing with hockey fans is that we all have a hard time admitting that winning a Stanley Cup does involve a significant amount of luck." - thepuckmonster
Old
04-05-2013, 04:51 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Hopefully we embarrass those ****ers.

Old
04-05-2013, 04:51 PM
KiuasWarrior

I went through a couple wrestling phases myself, back in grade school with Tatanka being my favorite wrestler. Yokozuna, Doink, The Hart Bros, Undertaker, Razor Ramon etc...

Got back into it a little when The Rock and Stone Cold started out, but since then I barely know what the name of the sport is anymore. WWE still? Haha

But turning 30 this year, i'd be a little embarrassed to be watching it. No offense dudes!

Old
04-05-2013, 04:52 PM
12IsGreaterThan47
BEN LOVEJOY

Quote:

SNAP INTO IT FREDERICO!

I watched it when I was like 18 - 22, and I guess... it's like Soap Operas for men? (Not that there's anything wrong with a dude sitting down for a good hour of Days of our Lives every now and then...) The late 90s were really, I think, the height of modern wrestling? When WCW was huge and it pushed WWF(at the time) to get bigger and better. Cross-promotional stuff, nWo, DX, etc... was all great. It's hard to explain, I guess.

Also, I want to have my own music play whenever I walk into a room.

Old
04-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Giskard
Spumoni!

vCash: 450
Finally some hockey! After 4 days hiatus the Pens must be really rested for they first game in April.

Old
04-05-2013, 04:53 PM
sf expat71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
Finally some hockey! After 4 days hiatus the Pens must be really rested for they first game in April.
Wake up boys! There's a game to play!

Old
04-05-2013, 04:55 PM
WPGNYRFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin112 View Post
Pens needs this man to step up

OMG that is hilarious!

Good luck tonight, it's got to be tough missing so many key players. I'm probably the farthest thing on earth from a fan of the Pens or Crosby but I'd really prefer to face you guys at full capacity. If you want to be the best, you've got to beat the best.

OT: I remember a few years back, getting to go to the HHoF in Toronto and watching a Pens vs Rangers playoff game in that theater they have set up. Of course you guys beat us, but man was that an awesome place to watch it! I want a rematch!

Old
04-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I watched it when I was like 18 - 22, and I guess... it's like Soap Operas for men? (Not that there's anything wrong with a dude sitting down for a good hour of Days of our Lives every now and then...) The late 90s were really, I think, the height of modern wrestling? When WCW was huge and it pushed WWF(at the time) to get bigger and better. Cross-promotional stuff, nWo, DX, etc... was all great. It's hard to explain, I guess.
absolutely the best time. I would probably buy a box set of WWF from the time DX was formed to around the time Stephanie McMahon married triple H. Same for WCW for the bulk of the NWO time period.

Quote:
Also, I want to have my own music play whenever I walk into a room.
that really is the dream. I might do it on the first day of school next year. Let the kids all take their seats, drop the lights and come in from the storage closet.

Old
04-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giskard View Post

Old
04-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

I think JJ could rebound here. He was great just a few years ago.

Old
04-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:

SNAP INTO IT FREDERICO!

What do you have against wrestling? In certain circumstances I like it a lot.

Old
04-05-2013, 05:09 PM
NeedleInTheHay

the only good thing to come out of wrestling...

Old
04-05-2013, 05:12 PM
12IsGreaterThan47
BEN LOVEJOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
absolutely the best time. I would probably buy a box set of WWF from the time DX was formed to around the time Stephanie McMahon married triple H. Same for WCW for the bulk of the NWO time period.
Yea, it was really captivating, and for me, it was the out-of-ring stuff. The promos/camera work during that time period was really good.

Quote:
that really is the dream. I might do it on the first day of school next year. Let the kids all take their seats, drop the lights and come in from the storage closet.
Let me know when I'll rent you JR for an hour

"BAH GAWD, THAT'S OGREZILLA'S MUSIC. NO, NO, NO. DAMMIT, THE HUMANITY. LOOK AT HIM HIT LITTLE BILLY OVER THE HEAD WITH A STEEL CHAIR."

Old
04-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Yea, it was really captivating, and for me, it was the out-of-ring stuff. The promos/camera work during that time period was really good.

Let me know when I'll rent you JR for an hour

"BAH GAWD, THAT'S OGREZILLA'S MUSIC. NO, NO, NO. DAMMIT, THE HUMANITY. LOOK AT HIM HIT LITTLE BILLY OVER THE HEAD WITH A STEEL CHAIR."
Choosing theme music would be one of the hardest decisions of my life. The guys that have their own are way better than guys that just use real world songs.

I don't think you can do better than the rock and stone cold. They just had the perfect start to immediately grab your attention. You hear that glass breaking and you know **** is about to go down.

and for anyone that wants to know why wrestling is (or at least was) great, just watch this video. Like IcedCapp said, the actual fights are pretty minor

JR in there is just perfect.

Last edited by Ogrezilla: 04-05-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old
04-05-2013, 05:23 PM
12IsGreaterThan47
BEN LOVEJOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Choosing theme music would be one of the hardest decisions of my life. The guys that have their own are way better than guys that just use real world songs.

I don't think you can do better than the rock and stone cold. They just had the perfect start to immediately grab your attention. You hear that glass breaking and you know **** is about to go down.

and for anyone that wants to know why wrestling is (or at least was) great, just watch this video. JR in there is just perfect.
Absolutely agree on music. Stone Cold's always had the most "impact" for me. Always had the most fun with Kurt Angle's .

Old
04-05-2013, 05:26 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
What do you have against wrestling? In certain circumstances I like it a lot.

I'd like to think most of us have done that move to a girl at .17 seconds.

Old
04-05-2013, 05:27 PM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

Let's go Pens! I bought a house today and need a big game to help welcome me in

Old
04-05-2013, 05:34 PM
BHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr robbie View Post
Congrats!

Old
04-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Coach John McGuirk
ヽ(。_°)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr robbie View Post
Here's to hoping we hang 10 on Henrik tonight.

Seriously though, any kind of win... Anything. Can't stand hearing it from my buddy who is a Rangers fan.

Old
04-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

I've never been into wrestling.

Closed Thread