Bruins 2013 Injury Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Johnnyduke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
jesus christ, there is nothing to indicate that this will force him to retire. He got a minor concussion and was out and about the very next day. Let's at least hear that he's having recurring symptoms before we proclaim his career over
Who said this would force him to retire? In case you haven't been paying attention, there is no such thing as a "minor" concussion. When you've now had four of them (the last coming on a nothing hit)...it's an OBVIOUS concern. I didn't proclaim that his career was over, either. Learn how to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston BROin View Post
Wow, retirement? He'll be fine. A bit of time on the shelf, and he'll be back for the playoffs. Relax.
This isn't about me or any of us. This is about a guy who has suffered four concussions, the last of which coming on a nothing play. Had I not known everything I now know about CTE, I wouldn't be so concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Not to down play this at all as it is very, very serious but I am not ready to go to Patrice Bergeron Day at the Garden yet.
I'm not ready for that either, but it's not about you and me. That's the thing. Sure, guys have been able to continue their playing careers after multiple concussions. It's the long-term impact that we should all know about by now that has me worried for him. All I asked is if it was something that he has talked about/been asked about.

Old
04-05-2013, 11:49 AM
RussellmaniaKW

yes it's not about you and me, so who the hell are you to suggest that he should retire when there has been nothing publicly said that suggests that's an option?

Old
04-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Fair Warning

Damn, give the guy a week before saying his career is over. Or that he'll be back tomorrow.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Johnnyduke

Quote:
yes it's not about you and me, so who the hell are you to suggest that he should retire when there has been nothing publicly said that suggests that's an option?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Warning View Post

Damn, give the guy a week before saying his career is over. Or that he'll be back tomorrow.
This is unbelievable. AGAIN, who suggested that he should retire? Who said his career was over? I simply asked if it was something he has been asked about in the past or if it was something he had talked about.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Stone Clode Stunner

Anything short of Bergeron sitting out the rest of the regular season should be considered an optimistic projection.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Stone Clode Stunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
He's a crabby, pessimistic misanthrope. In other words, a perfect reporter for this fanbase.
He tweeted Chris Kelly could possibly play Saturday. Are you just as likely to not believe his optimistic tweets?

Old
04-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
He tweeted Chris Kelly could possibly play Saturday. Are you just as likely to not believe his optimistic tweets?
I don't follow him. Not worth the aggravation.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyduke View Post
This is unbelievable. AGAIN, who suggested that he should retire? Who said his career was over? I simply asked if it was something he has been asked about in the past or if it was something he had talked about.
Read back a few pages and you'll see it suggested.

I am Boston Strong

Old
04-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Anyone know what time is the press conference to announce that Bergeron is retiring?

Old
04-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Johnnyduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Read back a few pages and you'll see it suggested.
No thanks. If someone did suggest it, that doesn't mean posters should be coming at me when I did no such thing.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:28 PM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
No thanks. If someone did suggest it, that doesn't mean posters should be coming at me when I did no such thing.
no it hasn't been discussed publicly, but surely you can see how even bringing up the possibility will do nothing but feed into the hysteria that this board often succumbs to. I mean, why even suggest that he might retire before there's some indication that that's where he's headed?

Old
04-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
no it hasn't been discussed publicly, but surely you can see how even bringing up the possibility will do nothing but feed into the hysteria that this board often succumbs to. I mean, why even suggest that he might retire before there's some indication that that's where he's headed?
I'm prolly gonna regret this...

In Johnnydukes defense, he did not suggest that Bergy might retire. He simply asked if it was a possibility or if Bergy has ever mentioned it.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:49 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
I agree about the hysteria, but he was just asking a question. He didn't say he heard it's a possibility, or that he thinks it is- just if Bergeron has ever mentioned it.

Seems innocent enough to me.

Old
04-05-2013, 02:20 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

I got my 5th concussion this past Tuesday. Had a tire in the back seat of my car, had to slam on the breaks when a women burned a red light, and took the tire (and steel rim) to the back of the head. My reaction was:

"Ok I know this feeling,that's #5. It's not a bad one, but it's another one"

This last one right when I got it, I knew it. The next day I was even more sure. Really tired, I could feel my brain had been shaken around, you feel like you want to barf a little, and things are awfully foggy at times. But you can also tell when it's a big one and when it isn't. The way he left the ice reminds me so much of my last one. You know you took a shot, you know you're going to need a break. But in a few weeks you can be fine. I'm going to be fine in a few weeks, I know that. But until then, I'm tired all the time.

I know with absolute certainty that I can't big shots. A punch that one guy may take, for me will give me #6 in the worst way. My brain just can't take being shaken around that much anymore. So although I'm purely speculating, I'd say Patrice has to be careful of the big ones. He can take the little ones, but the big ones, with how much he's earned and accomplished...well I just don't know how he goes out there. Brave dude. I couldn't.

Old
04-05-2013, 02:38 PM
MaritimeHockeyNut
BRUINSrCHAMPS nextyr

Hf bruins is sounding like the laffs board everyday... Lol:

Has bergeron even made a statement yet? Cant be bothered to scroll through all the nonsence to check. Thanks

Old
04-05-2013, 02:53 PM
774EVER
DR. SILLYPANTS...

Not really sure if I was the one causing the stir here.

I guess my point was that if Bergy held a press conference tomorrow, stating that he is retiring from the game, I wouldn't be all that surprised and I definitely wouldn't fault him. Sure I'd be sad, even devastated, but I definitely wouldn't call him a quitter and would fully understand his decision.

I still believe he will fully recover and the early prognosis is encouraging. This 4th concussion however has me freaked, especially since the play looked fairly harmless.

I'm also a little confused because I know that I have seen Bergy withstand the impact of hits that looked much more catastrophic. I'm no doctor of course, but as a layman those types of hits seem to happen a dozen times every game.

I can't imagine how it would be coming into the workplace fearful everyday - my fingers crossed that I won't sustain an injury that could leave me with a disability that plagues me for the rest of my life.

Is Savvy regretting his decision?

Old
04-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Fair Warning

Quote:
Not directed at you. Just chirping.

Old
04-05-2013, 03:38 PM
pierre gagnon*

so no real news just a lot of guessing...... I guess

Old
04-05-2013, 05:07 PM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

McQuaid returning to practice after Montreal

Everyone getting healthy just need bergy

Old
04-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Johnnyduke

Maybe the simplest way for me to put this is, I'm not concerned about how he's gonna feel in a couple weeks. With this being his fourth concussion on a nothing hit, I'm concerned with how he's gonna be in 20-30 years. That's what scares me and that's why I'm wondering if he's ever talked about it/been asked about it.

Old
04-05-2013, 05:36 PM
GoBs

Anyone hear Marchand is playing through a shoulder injury?

Not sure I trust my source just yet, but his physical play has definitely tapered off.

Old
04-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Sevren

Quote:
Maybe the simplest way for me to put this is, I'm not concerned about how he's gonna feel in a couple weeks. With this being his fourth concussion on a nothing hit, I'm concerned with how he's gonna be in 20-30 years. That's what scares me and that's why I'm wondering if he's ever talked about it/been asked about it.
Makes perfect sense, I brought up the point myself yesterday. Take the oversensitive posts with a grain of salt

Old
04-05-2013, 05:43 PM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
Anyone hear Marchand is playing through a shoulder injury?

Not sure I trust my source just yet, but his physical play has definitely tapered off.
He has looked pretty average to below average for weeks so its not surprising

Old
04-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoSturm16 View Post
McQuaid returning to practice after Montreal

Everyone getting healthy just need bergy
Thanks for the good news on Quaider . I was sarting to wonder about him.

04-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

I read today that Kelly said he was "days" from returning.

Closed Thread