HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ben Bishop to Tampa for Cory Conacher and a 4th Round Pick

Old
04-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
Is there anyone worrying that we chose the wrong two goalies of the three?

What's this "small habs style forward" nonsense too?

He doesn't play like a small player.

Do you watch hockey?
Mind your manners. It was a compliment

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:45 PM
Caje

vCash: 500
Don't know if it has been posted yet, but here's Lehner's take on the trade/becoming a full-time NHL player:

"Now [becoming an NHL player is] because of something I’ve worked on and the organization felt that I deserved. I really appreciate that. This organization took me in a few years ago when no one really knew about me. I’ve had some ups and downs and they really moulded me into a good prospect. Then they kept going and turned me into a professional. A lot of credit goes to them. I’m young, I’m 21 years old and it has always been my age against me. I really pushed the envelope and probably haven’t made it easy for the management up here. That’s fine, that’s who I am. They’ve taught me how to step back and relax a little bit."

http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/an...y-to-take-over

Caje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 05:30 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjim View Post
Spectacular vision and IQ cannot be taught. You are either born with it or you aren't. Gretzky was born with it but couldn't explain exactly what it was, and he was unsuccessful in teaching it to others as a coach.
I know what you mean but I do believe one can harness their intellectual understanding of the game a bit more. Obviously there is a limit but yea, look at Zibby for instance or players that peak at different stages.

Vision can not be taught, IQ can be improved a bit. Hoffman has great vision but just needs to improve on knowing where to be etc...

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote