HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR/PIT 3/4 aint bad...

View Poll Results: POTG
Clowe me maybe 4 4.55%
Byron Boyler 1 1.14%
Ryan 1 move Callahan 0 0%
Split Save Henrik 18 20.45%
CalidubDelZotto 7 7.95%
McDonut 0 0%
Rick Nashty 17 19.32%
Bucky Beaver Richards 0 0%
Derek Stepen on Stepan 4 4.55%
Derek Gretzky Brassard 6 6.82%
Anton Stral.... I give up 1 1.14%
Dan Wide Girardi 0 0%
John ****ing Moore 2 2.27%
Steve Eminger? 0 0%
I am running out of options. 4 4.55%
Marc Staals Ghost 4 4.55%
Should we have won this game? 20 22.73%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2013, 09:42 PM
  #176
Machinehead
Moderator
Mochonohod
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 44,002
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Tortorella on why he didn't play Zuccarello in overtime: “I decided to go with the other guys.

Pretty good reasoning.
He is such an ass

__________________

die fabelhafte linken Flügel (:
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:43 PM
  #177
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,368
vCash: 500
Fast with his first NA goal tonight. Kreider w/ two helpers. The kids are alright.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:44 PM
  #178
M0rbid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 9,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Hank was upset about POS Cooke's slash. Will anything happen of it? I guess Hank could get a fine.
Reminds me of last year. This joke of a league let them get away with murder. It'll continue until Crosby retires or gets traded away......

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:44 PM
  #179
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
He is such an ass
Or maybe he actually decided to go with the other guys, considering he had only 5 minutes to make 4 player combos.

Get out of here with that, man. Literally nothing about that statement makes him seem like an ass .

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:45 PM
  #180
Rangerfans
Registered User
 
Rangerfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post

What does that have anything to do with it? What the **** have you seen this season from Boyle that has made you say he's a good shooter?

You have to play the game to understand that?
When you play the game. You see the game differently. Yes. Your objectivity is a lot different if you play the sport.

Right now, I feel that Boyle -- and the entire Ranger team -- this season, is cut into two halves.

The first half: before the trade deadline.

The second half: after the trade deadline.

The "moment" we made that trade, I felt pretty good about it. What we did these two games (yes, only two games) is night/day different than how this team has played in-general for the first half of the season.

For the first time, I feel we have grit. We are starting to have an identity.

Last season the entire league considered us a gritty, blue-collar team.

If I asked you to describe this team before the trade-deadline, could you even categorize them?


But I am digressing...

I want you to "try" to look at Boyle objectively these past two games. He has played very well. He is meshing with his new linemates, and the team - finally - is starting to have an identity.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:47 PM
  #181
Machinehead
Moderator
Mochonohod
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 44,002
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Or maybe he actually decided to go with the other guys, considering he had only 5 minutes to make 4 player combos.

Get out of here with that, man. Literally nothing about that statement makes him seem like an ass .
Next time we get shutout and they ask him why he should just respond with "because we didn't score"

He totally would too.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:47 PM
  #182
Rangerfans
Registered User
 
Rangerfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I'm sorry. Boyle is a deadly sniper.

Happy?
Yup. Very happy. Ignoring your cute remark. Very happy with the way he played.

Very happy with this Ranger team.

Tomorrow is a huge test. I'm confident they're going to play well.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:47 PM
  #183
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 23,544
vCash: 500
Have to win tomorrow in Carolina.

Then try for at least 3/4 points against the Laughs.

Zucc's English sounds good. I haven't heard him speaking forever.

Damn, McD with 28 minutes.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:48 PM
  #184
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 18,137
vCash: 500
I probably would have left Clowe on the bench during OT in favor of Zucc's, but I suppose Torts wanted more veteran guys out there.

Stepan - Nash
Brassard - Callahan
Richards - Zuccarello

Love Zucc's game since coming back to NA. He'll start collecting points soon the way he's going.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:49 PM
  #185
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,686
vCash: 500
I missed most of the game.

Anybody have a youtube clip of this cooke slash everyone is talking about?

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:50 PM
  #186
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
Dude, I can't...there is a reason why I don't post a lot anymore...or why my posts get deleted lol.

I don't know how you can deal with it too, brother.
I'll tell you why:

Mainly I'm a lifer. I just can't let this team out of my system. It's the cheapest entertainment I can find. I make my living on the phone so it's an easy fit. I love being a burr in the shoe to many of these nellies. There is a part of me that is mischievous and this scratches the itch.

Also I'm convinced we will win it all soon. A part of me wants to see how long these whiners could hold out before they start throwing out the negatives. I wish we could take odds on it at some point. My guess is it won't be more than a few minutes after the clock hits .00.

Then I will laughing my arse off. Again, great post. Have a lovely evening.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:52 PM
  #187
Rangerfans
Registered User
 
Rangerfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I'll tell you why:

Mainly I'm a lifer. I just can't let this team out of my system. It's the cheapest entertainment I can find. I make my living on the phone so it's an easy fit. I love being a burr in the shoe to many of these nellies. There is a part of me that is mischievous and this scratches the itch.

Also I'm convinced we will win it all soon. A part of me wants to see how long these whiners could hold out before they start throwing out the negatives. I wish we could take odds on it at some point. My guess is it won't be more than a few minutes after the clock hits .00.

Then I will laughing my arse off. Again, great post. Have a lovely evening.
You as well. I agree with everything you said.



I have a really good feeling these next few weeks! Exciting stuff!

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:53 PM
  #188
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
He is such an ass
Actually there is very good reasoning behind it. Lets see if you folks can hazard a guess.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:54 PM
  #189
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
When you play the game. You see the game differently. Yes. Your objectivity is a lot different if you play the sport.

Right now, I feel that Boyle -- and the entire Ranger team -- this season, is cut into two halves.

The first half: before the trade deadline.

The second half: after the trade deadline.

The "moment" we made that trade, I felt pretty good about it. What we did these two games (yes, only two games) is night/day different than how this team has played in-general for the first half of the season.

For the first time, I feel we have grit. We are starting to have an identity.

Last season the entire league considered us a gritty, blue-collar team.

If I asked you to describe this team before the trade-deadline, could you even categorize them?


But I am digressing...

I want you to "try" to look at Boyle objectively these past two games. He has played very well. He is meshing with his new linemates, and the team - finally - is starting to have an identity.
I'm sorry, at the end of the day, I'm still ****ing disgusted with Boyle because none of his 2 goals were shots where he beat the goalie. Both of them coming off of deflections.

If it were Stepan, Nash, Cally, Clowe, McD, - hell, even Kreider - I'm ending up giving props to Fleury. Boyle has shown nothing this season with his shooting prowess. I'd throw him a bone if it was some kind of crazy save that hit the knob of the stick or he had Fleury dead to rights and Fleury managed to get the stick or legs to block the shot, or there were Penguin players in the crease.

I feel the same way with DZ whenever he goes to shoot the puck. Chances are high that the shot will indeed end up high and wide, but he still banked 3 on his own.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:55 PM
  #190
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater
 
Panfork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
The people bagging on Boyle are a joke. I'm more furious than anybody right now, but I'm also able to actually look at this game tonight and realize the positives in our team. Everybody played well. That includes Boyle. Hell, even Pyatt had a decent forechecking game tonight. Made some nice plays.

Boyle's a 3rd/4th line checking forward who can score sometimes. He's a big body that's strong along the boards and can deliver hits and shut down the opposing forwards.

He isn't a sniper. He's not going to top-shelf every chance he gets. There are players of his caliber that score a similar amount, while providing the same defensive play he brings that are getting paid quite a bit more than he is.

He was good tonight. I do wish he netted one of the chances he had, but Fleury had an amazing game, and was stopping even our guys that can be counted on to score consistently. Boyle should not be one of them. Those of you who are upset that we lost tonight as I am, please direct your anger where it belongs. Be pissed that the officiating sucked. Be pissed that Fleury put together an incredible performance. Be pissed about Cooke's garbage. Be pissed that a great game we had momentum in went down to a shootout that was lost.

Just for christs sake, don't be pissed at a 3rd line checking forward for not sniping goals like he's Steven Stamkos.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:56 PM
  #191
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 23,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Actually there is very good reasoning behind it. Lets see if you folks can hazard a guess.
Beaver and Zucc are both playmakers.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:57 PM
  #192
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,030
vCash: 500
I would've liked seeing Zucc working with more open ice in OT but it is what it is

I love the main boards sometimes btw. I swear it's like Pens fans vs. the world

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:00 PM
  #193
Machinehead
Moderator
Mochonohod
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 44,002
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
I would've liked seeing Zucc working with more open ice in OT but it is what it is

I love the main boards sometimes btw. I swear it's like Pens fans vs. the world
It's Pens fans vs themselves, really. Sitting in 1st place and still feeling like they need to make excuses for their team. Pathetic really.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:01 PM
  #194
JeffMangum
Man Girardi
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 59,309
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Have to win tomorrow in Carolina.

Then try for at least 3/4 points against the Laughs.

Zucc's English sounds good. I haven't heard him speaking forever.

Damn, McD with 28 minutes.
Nah.

Blow those ****ers OUT. We should dominate them with our new (well, old) physical game - we dominated them with the ****** roster.

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:01 PM
  #195
MrEctions
Willy Nilly
 
MrEctions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clinton, Ny
Country: United States
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 500
Epic battle going on on the main board about Cooke/Nash/Hank/Dupuis. Quite funny to say the least.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:02 PM
  #196
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
It's Pens fans vs themselves, really. Sitting in 1st place and still feeling like they need to make excuses for their team. Pathetic really.
A fanbase that has arguably two of the world's best players on their team, recently won a cup and still feels the need to whine and moan constantly.

If that doesn't say it all...

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:03 PM
  #197
Machinehead
Moderator
Mochonohod
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 44,002
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
A fanbase that has arguably two of the world's best players on their team, recently won a cup and still feels the need to whine and moan constantly.

If that doesn't say it all...
Yeah that's another thing. You just get handed another ****ing Lemieux and Jagr pretty much for sucking, and then you wanna cry about injuries. Sorry, no sympathy here.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:03 PM
  #198
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 23,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Nah.

Blow those ****ers OUT. We should dominate them with our new (well, old) physical game - we dominated them with the ****** roster.
If Lupul is out, then yes, blow those *****es out the window. I think we'll do well against them. I do like the new roster though. More depth and versatility.

And I stay away from the mainboard threads about the Rangers. Way too much stupidity in one place.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:05 PM
  #199
M0rbid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 9,218
vCash: 500
Pens fan? Where were they when their team stunk like @#*(@) ?

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:06 PM
  #200
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User
 
LittleKev6D9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Middletown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,255
vCash: 500
The worst fanbase in the world. I can't stand them. 3 out of 4 is great, but I just HATE losing to that team.

I've always said this: When it comes to the other 4 teams in the Atlantic, I hate them all. Difference is I respect the Flyers, the Devils and the Islanders. I have no respect for the Penguins. They are such wieners.

LittleKev6D9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.