HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off Season - Or this is where we say goodbye!

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2013, 05:40 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard6411 View Post
Brodz stood out last year in comparison to what was around him.

Anyone remember when the Twolves entered the NBA? Remember how awesome Tony Campbell was as a Twolve? What happened to Campbell when he left the Twolves and went to a real NBA team?

The point is Brodz is not as good as he looked last year, he was only good because of the lack of talent on the team as a whole. Brodz is right now on pace to average basically what he has averaged his whole career. Hoping he gets "well" or picks up to last years level is going to result in long faces because Brodz is right now as good as Brodz gets.
I'm sorry, but I disagree that Brodziak is as good now as he normally is.

I'm not even just talking about points. I'm talking about his overall play. Frankly, I don't care all that much about his point totals. He's a third/fourth line center, that is generally in more of a checking role. I want him to play that checking role well, then if he gets a goal here or there, great.

He has not played his role well this year. His puck control is the worst I have ever seen from him, he's not battling the way he normally does, he seems slower on the ice, his decision making is very suspect at times whereas the Brodziak I remember could make some decent plays, and was at least defensively sound.

He was getting better in March, then the whole team started getting overworked and started sucking.

He is better than this.

Old
04-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Mumbler*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post

I'm not even just talking about points. I'm talking about his overall play. Frankly, I don't care all that much about his point totals. He's a third/fourth line center, that is generally in more of a checking role. I want him to play that checking role well, then if he gets a goal here or there, great.

He has not played his role well this year. His puck control is the worst I have ever seen from him, he's not battling the way he normally does, he seems slower on the ice, his decision making is very suspect at times whereas the Brodziak I remember could make some decent plays, and was at least defensively sound.

He was getting better in March, then the whole team started getting overworked and started sucking.

He is better than this.
Agreed. He looks like poop this year except for maybe 5 minutes.

Old
04-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Mumbler*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post

He is better than this.
Agreed. He looks like poop this year except for maybe 5 minutes.

Old
04-05-2013, 06:17 PM
MK9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
Cam Barker says hello
Doesn't really compare to me. Barker never got close to what his ceiling or draft status should have been. Was never anywhere near an elite player. So he never 'fell off' so to speak. He was always pretty crappy.

Heater was a hell of a sniper at one point.

Old
04-05-2013, 06:22 PM
grN1g

i was nerding out on capgeek earlier, trying to see what i could put together that would be possible.

in 13-14 & 14-15 off season, if we re-signed/signed the following players:

Pominville (4-4.5 mill caphit)
Vanek (6-6.5)
Cullen (2-2.5, 2years)
Zucker (3-3.5)
Backstrom (4, 2years)
Kruemper (1-1.5)
Rupp (.925)
Konopka (.925)
Gilbert (3-3.5)
Spurgy (1.5-1.8)
Setoguchi (3-?)

Trade/Buyout/Letwalk:
Heatley
Brodziak
Harding
Bouchard
Clutterbuck
Setoguchi (?)

The hope is granlund is fully ready to be a capable #2 center, and this line up could be possible.

Parise Koivu Coyle
Vanek Granlund Pominville
Zucker Cullen X
Rupp Konopka Mitchell

Suter Brodin
X Gilbert
X Spurgeron

Backstrom
Kruemper

Mark parrish's buyout will be over, we should still have space. Depending on if the cap ceiling raises atleast 2-3 million by year 2, and what contracts are signed, and who takes a bit of a discount, etc...

one thing i kept thinking about were bonus's like granny's contracts, do brodin, and coyle have bonus's that will raise their cap hit after this or next year?

quick edit: Bouwmeester & dan boyle are the top FA dmen of 2014 off season, if cap hit goes up by a decently significant amount, i think it could even be possbile to swing a deal for bouw for like a 5year 25mill deal or something of that nature.

Last edited by grN1g: 04-05-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old
04-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
i was nerding out on capgeek earlier, trying to see what i could put together that would be possible.

Vanek (6-6.5)
Cullen (2-2.5, 2years)
Zucker (3-3.5)
Backstrom (4, 2years)
Kruemper (1-1.5)
Rupp (.925)
Konopka (.925)
Gilbert (3-3.5)
Spurgy (1.5-1.8)
Setoguchi (3)

Trade/Buyout/Letwalk:
Heatley
Brodziak
Harding
Bouchard
Clutterbuck

The hope is granlund is fully ready to be a capable #2 center, and this line up could be possible.

Parise Koivu Coyle
Zucker Cullen Setoguchi
Rupp Konopka Mitchell

Suter Brodin
X Gilbert
X Spurgeron

Backstrom
Kruemper

Mark parrish's buyout will over, we should still have space. Depending on if the cap ceiling raises atleast 2-3 million by year 2, and what contracts are signed, and who takes a bit of a discount. We would basically be going all out in 2014-2015 season for the cup with cully, and backstrom on the last year of their deals.

one thing i kept thinking about were bonus's like granny's contracts, do brodin, and coyle have bonus's that will raise their cap hit after this or next year?

quick edit: Bouwmeester & dan boyle are the top FA dmen of 2014 off season, if cap hit goes up by a decently significant amount, i think it could even be possbile to swing a deal for bouw for like a 5year 25mill deal or something of that nature.
No way to getting Seto at only 3 mil

Old
04-05-2013, 06:41 PM
grN1g

Quote:
ok fixed, still a nice lineup.

Old
04-05-2013, 07:28 PM
J22

vCash: 814
Quote:
If the Wild were going after Vanek, Seto wouldnt be coming back anyway.

Old
04-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Mnsportsfan22

Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post

Vanek (6-6.5)
Cullen (2-2.5, 2years)
Zucker (3-3.5)
Backstrom (4, 2years)
Kruemper (1-1.5)
Rupp (.925)
Konopka (.925)
Gilbert (3-3.5)
Spurgy (1.5-1.8)
Setoguchi (3-?)

Trade/Buyout/Letwalk:
Heatley
Brodziak
Harding
Bouchard
Clutterbuck
Setoguchi (?)

Parise Koivu Coyle
Zucker Cullen X
Rupp Konopka Mitchell

Suter Brodin
X Gilbert
X Spurgeron

Backstrom
Kruemper

Mark parrish's buyout will be over, we should still have space. Depending on if the cap ceiling raises atleast 2-3 million by year 2, and what contracts are signed, and who takes a bit of a discount, etc...

I said it on the first page and we are pretty close to the same but I would roll like this
Parise-koivu-Pom
Vanek-Cullen-seto
Zucker-granlund-coyle
Rupp-konopka-Mitchell

Brodin-Suter
Gilbert-dumba
Stoner-spurge

Backs
Kuemper

Old
04-05-2013, 10:49 PM
GORGO

Crucify me fella's if you must but I have to be real honest.. Ryan Suter IMO may be one the most overated players in the game.. I realize he does some good things and he has had some points as of late but that effort again the other night in SJ against Boyle was as sad and pathetic an effort as I've seen in a long time..If you are a young player looking to pattern your game after someone this is Not the guy..Defensively he's been a real big disappointment IMO..Misses his checks on a regular basis.. Doesn't play the body whatsoever... if he was 1/2 as good as advertised this team wouldn't be fighting for their playoff lives.. This team is Aweful on the back end.. Why Fletcher didn't bolster the back end at the Deadline is beyond me..

Old
04-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Stopping Pucks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORGO View Post
Crucify me fella's if you must but I have to be real honest.. Ryan Suter IMO may be one the most overated players in the game.. I realize he does some good things and he has had some points as of late but that effort again the other night in SJ against Boyle was as sad and pathetic an effort as I've seen in a long time..If you are a young player looking to pattern your game after someone this is Not the guy..Defensively he's been a real big disappointment IMO..Misses his checks on a regular basis.. Doesn't play the body whatsoever... if he was 1/2 as good as advertised this team wouldn't be fighting for their playoff lives.. This team is Aweful on the back end.. Why Fletcher didn't bolster the back end at the Deadline is beyond me..
Wow... you are saying Suter is overrated? He's been worth every penny. Players get burned every once and awhile, it's hockey. Our whole team was tired and hadn't practiced in weeks.

If your saying Brodin hasn't learned anything from Suter, you are wrong. Brodin as said that Suter has given him major help. One D man does not count for our whole defensive core. If you
really thought that signing Suter would be the solution to our defense, your an idiot. Why he didn't bolster the back end? Because we have over payed players like Bouchard and can't afford it.

http://capgeek.com/

Old
04-05-2013, 11:29 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Wow...just...wow! You'd hate Nicklas Lidstrom in his prime if he was on this team then...

Suter has almost single handedly carried this extremely thin defense all season, and because he got beat on a play you think what he's done on a night in and night out basis is a joke? EVERYONE gets beat on a play at some point... EVERYONE.

Think maybe his legs may be a bit tired playing 29mins/game on the most grueling travel schedule in the NHL?

Old
04-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Wow...just...wow! You'd hate Nicklas Lidstrom in his prime if he was on this team then...

Suter has almost single handedly carried this extremely thin defense all season, and because he got beat on a play you think what he's done on a night in and night out basis is a joke? EVERYONE gets beat on a play at some point... EVERYONE.

Think maybe his legs may be a bit tired playing 29mins/game on the most grueling travel schedule in the NHL?
Not to mention he had skated untouched and had a full head of steam by the time he got to Suter at the Blue line.

Old
04-05-2013, 11:42 PM
GORGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDZx View Post
Wow... you are saying Suter is overrated? He's been worth every penny. Players get burned every once and awhile, it's hockey. Our whole team was tired and hadn't practiced in weeks.

If your saying Brodin hasn't learned anything from Suter, you are wrong. Brodin as said that Suter has given him major help. One D man does not count for our whole defensive core. If you
really thought that signing Suter would be the solution to our defense, your an idiot. Why he didn't bolster the back end? Because we have over payed players like Bouchard and can't afford it.

http://capgeek.com/
Wow!!!.....Yes for the money they paid this guy absolutely IMO he's Overated and overpaid that's what i'm saying..J. Brodin would be just fine with or without Ryan Suter, don't kid yourself. Brodin was a star in the making well before Ryan Suter ever came along. . I'm not saying every young player couldn't use some advise, but don't put too much stock in what you read my friend..Just because that's what the Star Trib says. ..He plays with zero passion and doesnt get involved pysically unless someone runs into him...I heard a story not long ago that Marco Scandella had once said how nice it was to get some great advise from "The great" Cam Barker.. That worked out well ey?.. The long and short is that it took Suter what 37 games to finally get to where he wasn't a minus player. It wasnt long ago he was a-15.. Had he played with a little Jam and sandpaper in his jock a month earlier maybe this team would've be fighting for their playoff lives..(amongst other's BTW)

Old
04-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Criticizing Suter on a team with no defense beyond him and Brodin? Yeah, whatever bud. Criticize the d-men that deserve to be criticized right now, which is Stoner and Gilbert because they've looked far worse that last couple weeks than Suter has.

Old
04-05-2013, 11:52 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Criticizing Suter on a team with no defense beyond him and Brodin? Yeah, whatever bud. Criticize the d-men that deserve to be criticized right now, which is Stoner and Gilbert because they've looked far worse that last couple weeks than Suter has.
But...but... Stoner plays physical, so it's ok. Suter sucks because he doesn't take the body... cause that's the only way to be a top defender you know...

I MUCH prefer the calm smooth defenders like Suter, or even the better example of Lidstrom... any day of the week. Brodin is of the same ilk.

Yes, there is a value to physical defensemen, but IMO they have more of a penchant to take themselves out of position more often.

Old
04-05-2013, 11:54 PM
GORGO

Already have Bud..

Old
04-06-2013, 12:02 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Already have Bud..

Old
04-06-2013, 12:16 AM
GORGO

This is a forum last time I checked. Sounds like some of you fella's think he's great.. Good for you..That's awesome... I happen to think at least to this point defensively anyways he's been disappointing to say the least.. Soft as Scottie Tissue that's what I see..IMO this franchise could have spent the money far better than what they did.. If that opinion hurts your feelings.. Well too bad

Old
04-06-2013, 12:22 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Yeah, and nationally he's considered a top candidate for the Norris Trophy this year too...

IMO spending that kind of cash for arguablly the best defenseman in the league this year? Yeah, he's earning his cash just fine.

Old
04-06-2013, 02:47 AM
10dynasty38*

I love Suter. He is worth his price. The only problem I have with him is what I seen in San Jose when Heatley took the slash, Suter was on the ice and all he did was play break up man trying to keep the peace. He should of been the first one in to punch Vlasic in the face.

Old
04-06-2013, 02:50 AM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dynasty38 View Post
I love Suter. He is worth his price. The only problem I have with him is what I seen in San Jose when Heatley took the slash, Suter was on the ice and all he did was play break up man trying to keep the peace. He should of been the first one in to punch Vlasic in the face.
Do you know what happens to players who aren't fighters when they play tough guy? They end up like Heatley.

No thanks to losing Suter as well.

Old
04-06-2013, 02:59 AM
Stopping Pucks

vCash: 50
What I love about Suter is how calm he is. Always poised, controlling everything.

Old
04-06-2013, 03:29 AM
10dynasty38*

Quote:
Do you know what happens to players who aren't fighters when they play tough guy? They end up like Heatley.

No thanks to losing Suter as well.
We have 2 totally different opinions on how hockey should be played. If I were a coach, I would not want anyone on my team not willing to go to battle for a team mate. Peacemakers can go F themselves. If they do not have the meddle I dont want them on my team. If one of my guys gets slashed I want them all on the imposer like a piranah. F all this keeping the peace crap. I'm talking good team chemistry.

Old
04-06-2013, 03:35 AM
10dynasty38*

Actually I lied. There are gifted players without meddle that these guys need to protect. I would not have a line out that was vulnerable to being bullied. I would always have one guy out that can kick the snot out of anyone that F's with my scorers.

Closed Thread