HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR/PIT 3/4 aint bad...

View Poll Results: POTG
Clowe me maybe 4 4.55%
Byron Boyler 1 1.14%
Ryan 1 move Callahan 0 0%
Split Save Henrik 18 20.45%
CalidubDelZotto 7 7.95%
McDonut 0 0%
Rick Nashty 17 19.32%
Bucky Beaver Richards 0 0%
Derek Stepen on Stepan 4 4.55%
Derek Gretzky Brassard 6 6.82%
Anton Stral.... I give up 1 1.14%
Dan Wide Girardi 0 0%
John ****ing Moore 2 2.27%
Steve Eminger? 0 0%
I am running out of options. 4 4.55%
Marc Staals Ghost 4 4.55%
Should we have won this game? 20 22.73%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-05-2013, 10:06 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
It's Pens fans vs themselves, really. Sitting in 1st place and still feeling like they need to make excuses for their team. Pathetic really.
If anything Rangers fans were making the excuses, the amount of posts saying how much the Pens suck with their injuries was amazing. Like Rangers fans don't want to give the Rangers credit for anything.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Rangers Fail
Free Jesper Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
Pens fan? Where were they when their team stunk like @#*(@) ?
They literally did not exist.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:09 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Ok, I'm NEVER this guy, but I'm so furious - first my TW DVR didn't record the game as it was supposed to and then MSG+HD showed the ****ING score at 11pm just as they were supposed to be firing up the Rangers in 60. Can someone be so kind as to give me a 2-3 sentence synopsis of the game?

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Machinehead
HFB Partner

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
If anything Rangers fans were making the excuses, the amount of posts saying how much the Pens suck with their injuries was amazing. Like Rangers fans don't want to give the Rangers credit for anything.
Yeah you're absolutely right, but like I said, logic fails many people on this site no matter who they root for.

Read My Blog Here
Follow on Twitter @6goaliedefense

"The fans were yelling 'shoot the puck' so I shot it and it went in." -Derick Brassard
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Rangers Fail
Free Jesper Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Ok, I'm NEVER this guy, but I'm so furious - first my TW DVR didn't record the game as it was supposed to and then MSG+HD showed the ****ING score at 11pm just as they were supposed to be firing up the Rangers in 60. Can someone be so kind as to give me a 2-3 sentence synopsis of the game?
Rangers pretty much dominated the game. Fleury was really good. Rangers generated chances all night. jokinen scored in the first minute if the third, Nash tied it with less than 5 minutes remaining off the face off. Great chances in OT too. Couldn't score in the shoot out.

Matt Cooke was his usual disgusting POS. slashed Hank. Dupuis went hunting for Del Zotto, and Kunitz dove in order to draw a penalty. Refs were dumb as usual.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:13 PM
JD123

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
No doubt. Imagine if McIlrath pans out.
And if Sauer never got smashed by Dion Phaneuf

JD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Graves94

I thought the whole team looked great!
My 3 stars are, in no particular order: Nash, DZ & Zucc

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Rangers pretty much dominated the game. Fleury was really good. Rangers generated chances all night. jokinen scored in the first minute if the third, Nash tied it with less than 5 minutes remaining off the face off. Great chances in OT too. Couldn't score in the shoot out.

Matt Cooke was his usual disgusting POS. slashed Hank. Dupuis went hunting for Del Zotto, and Kunitz dove in order to draw a penalty. Refs were dumb as usual.
Thanks!

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
3rd Guy High

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Rangers dominated, lots of missed calls, lots of ******** from Matt Cooke (surprise!), DZ with a elbow to Neals head, Dupuis goes after DZ after the whistle and Fleury stood on his head.

EDIT: Beat me to it.

Anyone watching NHL Network? Apparently the Penguins had an "impressive" win against the Rangers tonight. Was I watching the same game?

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:16 PM
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD123 View Post
And if Sauer never got smashed by Dion Phaneuf
If those two guys were on this team, Geez I would hate to be the opposition.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:16 PM
eco's bones

Pens fans ballistic on the main boards--that hit was nothing compared to Cooke's elbow on McDonagh a couple years ago or his run at Anisimov. He's ended players careers. Got away with cutting Erik Karlsson's achilles tendon this year. ******** that he's ****ing reformed.

Personally I hate that ****ing team more than any other and it's not even close though the Devils come in second. I don't know if we have another game against them but if we do I'd have ****ing Haley up. He's already got some real history with those ****ers. Maybe McIlrath too.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:19 PM
M0rbid

Mcilrath is the key player........... I hope E. J. McGuire was right about Scott Stevens comparison.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Brian Boyle
Some Might Say

vCash: 50
Let's not talk about getting banned on the main board, or talk about the main board at all. Just stay away from it.

04-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Graves94

Dorsett will take care of that POS Cooke. Or should I say that "reformed" POS Cooke

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:21 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Let's not talk about getting banned on the main board, or talk about the main board at all. Just stay away from it.
God dammit Zen you ruin all the fun!!!!!

Anyways liked what I saw from the boys over the past two games. I might end up eating crow on the Clowe trade as hes been better than I thought. Im still nervous about giving up what we did and what his contract details could end up being though.

Really really happy with what Brass has brought to the team, and Moore has been solid. Anxious to see what Dorsett brings.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:24 PM
M Gaz
Goalie Killer

vCash: 2946
I need to learn to stay away from that snakepit after a game like this. Anyway....

Good game overall. Definitely made it difficult for them. Fleury was just unbelievable. tonight. Can't complain about 3/4 points, however, when you consider who we played.

DZ gets my POTG for getting the Pens all worked up and telling Malkin to sit the **** down.

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:24 PM
SnowblindNYR

I can't believe this is the same board that would ***** about great WINS like the one against the Leafs and you guys are so happy with a loss. I'm not upset, in fact I'm encouraged, I'm just shocked how positive this board has been, what happened?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
God dammit Zen you ruin all the fun!!!!!

Anyways liked what I saw from the boys over the past two games. I might end up eating crow on the Clowe trade as hes been better than I thought. Im still nervous about giving up what we did and what his contract details could end up being though.

Really really happy with what Brass has brought to the team, and Moore has been solid. Anxious to see what Dorsett brings.
If they can win 3 in a row 5th or 6th Is doable, that would be awesome

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:27 PM
JD123

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashtyAttack View Post
I need to learn to stay away from that snakepit after a game like this. Anyway....

Good game overall. Definitely made it difficult for them. Fleury was just unbelievable. tonight. Can't complain about 3/4 points, however, when you consider who we played.

DZ gets my POTG for getting the Pens all worked up and telling Malkin to sit the **** down.
Love that throw down by DZ. We do that like what once a year when the opposition crashes on Lundqvist???

JD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Rangers Fail
Free Jesper Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by li97 View Post
Rangers dominated, lots of missed calls, lots of ******** from Matt Cooke (surprise!), DZ with a elbow to Neals head, Dupuis goes after DZ after the whistle and Fleury stood on his head.

EDIT: Beat me to it.

Anyone watching NHL Network? Apparently the Penguins had an "impressive" win against the Rangers tonight. Was I watching the same game?
Yeah it was so impressive how they had to have their goalie bail them out every minute because of their inept defense. It was especially amazing how they needed the refs and the shoot out to win. Yeah, definitely impressive. Woo! Go Pens!

Old
04-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .

Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
I hate the loss, but the game was a ****ing fun game to watch.

Hunter Gathers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:30 PM
JohnC

Quote:
I can't believe this is the same board that would ***** about great WINS like the one against the Leafs and you guys are so happy with a loss. I'm not upset, in fact I'm encouraged, I'm just shocked how positive this board has been, what happened?
I blame Gaborik

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
I wasn't pissed at all. When we lose and play like **** like they have for 90% of the year, that's why we've been moaning and whining for most of the year.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Holocene

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashtyAttack View Post

Haha it was Dizzy who threw Malkin on his ass? Michael Del Goddo. Amazing game from him tonight. Not sure if him or McD had a better game. They were treats to watch in both zones. Probably MDZ since McD was the one with the weak pass to the boards that lead to the goal.

Holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:33 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

This was like watching last years team.

A week ago we would have lost 2-0.

Whether it is a temporary shot in the arm or a long term chemistry change remains to be seen. But it's encouraging.