HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR/PIT 3/4 aint bad...

View Poll Results: POTG
Clowe me maybe 4 4.55%
Byron Boyler 1 1.14%
Ryan 1 move Callahan 0 0%
Split Save Henrik 18 20.45%
CalidubDelZotto 7 7.95%
McDonut 0 0%
Rick Nashty 17 19.32%
Bucky Beaver Richards 0 0%
Derek Stepen on Stepan 4 4.55%
Derek Gretzky Brassard 6 6.82%
Anton Stral.... I give up 1 1.14%
Dan Wide Girardi 0 0%
John ****ing Moore 2 2.27%
Steve Eminger? 0 0%
I am running out of options. 4 4.55%
Marc Staals Ghost 4 4.55%
Should we have won this game? 20 22.73%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2013, 10:06 PM
  #201
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 22,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
It's Pens fans vs themselves, really. Sitting in 1st place and still feeling like they need to make excuses for their team. Pathetic really.
If anything Rangers fans were making the excuses, the amount of posts saying how much the Pens suck with their injuries was amazing. Like Rangers fans don't want to give the Rangers credit for anything.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:09 PM
  #202
Rangers Fail
Free Jesper Fast
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 28,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
Pens fan? Where were they when their team stunk like @#*(@) ?
They literally did not exist.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:09 PM
  #203
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 11,288
vCash: 500
Ok, I'm NEVER this guy, but I'm so furious - first my TW DVR didn't record the game as it was supposed to and then MSG+HD showed the ****ING score at 11pm just as they were supposed to be firing up the Rangers in 60. Can someone be so kind as to give me a 2-3 sentence synopsis of the game?

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:10 PM
  #204
Machinehead
HFB Partner
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bad Corsi
Country: United States
Posts: 56,550
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
If anything Rangers fans were making the excuses, the amount of posts saying how much the Pens suck with their injuries was amazing. Like Rangers fans don't want to give the Rangers credit for anything.
Yeah you're absolutely right, but like I said, logic fails many people on this site no matter who they root for.

__________________

Read My Blog Here
Follow on Twitter @6goaliedefense

"The fans were yelling 'shoot the puck' so I shot it and it went in." -Derick Brassard
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:12 PM
  #205
Rangers Fail
Free Jesper Fast
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 28,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Ok, I'm NEVER this guy, but I'm so furious - first my TW DVR didn't record the game as it was supposed to and then MSG+HD showed the ****ING score at 11pm just as they were supposed to be firing up the Rangers in 60. Can someone be so kind as to give me a 2-3 sentence synopsis of the game?
Rangers pretty much dominated the game. Fleury was really good. Rangers generated chances all night. jokinen scored in the first minute if the third, Nash tied it with less than 5 minutes remaining off the face off. Great chances in OT too. Couldn't score in the shoot out.

Matt Cooke was his usual disgusting POS. slashed Hank. Dupuis went hunting for Del Zotto, and Kunitz dove in order to draw a penalty. Refs were dumb as usual.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:13 PM
  #206
JD123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
No doubt. Imagine if McIlrath pans out.
And if Sauer never got smashed by Dion Phaneuf

JD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:15 PM
  #207
Graves94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 633
vCash: 500
I thought the whole team looked great!
My 3 stars are, in no particular order: Nash, DZ & Zucc

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:15 PM
  #208
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 11,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Rangers pretty much dominated the game. Fleury was really good. Rangers generated chances all night. jokinen scored in the first minute if the third, Nash tied it with less than 5 minutes remaining off the face off. Great chances in OT too. Couldn't score in the shoot out.

Matt Cooke was his usual disgusting POS. slashed Hank. Dupuis went hunting for Del Zotto, and Kunitz dove in order to draw a penalty. Refs were dumb as usual.
Thanks!

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:15 PM
  #209
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Ok, I'm NEVER this guy, but I'm so furious - first my TW DVR didn't record the game as it was supposed to and then MSG+HD showed the ****ING score at 11pm just as they were supposed to be firing up the Rangers in 60. Can someone be so kind as to give me a 2-3 sentence synopsis of the game?
Rangers dominated, lots of missed calls, lots of ******** from Matt Cooke (surprise!), DZ with a elbow to Neals head, Dupuis goes after DZ after the whistle and Fleury stood on his head.

EDIT: Beat me to it.

Anyone watching NHL Network? Apparently the Penguins had an "impressive" win against the Rangers tonight. Was I watching the same game?

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:16 PM
  #210
M0rbid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 11,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD123 View Post
And if Sauer never got smashed by Dion Phaneuf
If those two guys were on this team, Geez I would hate to be the opposition.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:16 PM
  #211
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,516
vCash: 500
Pens fans ballistic on the main boards--that hit was nothing compared to Cooke's elbow on McDonagh a couple years ago or his run at Anisimov. He's ended players careers. Got away with cutting Erik Karlsson's achilles tendon this year. ******** that he's ****ing reformed.

Personally I hate that ****ing team more than any other and it's not even close though the Devils come in second. I don't know if we have another game against them but if we do I'd have ****ing Haley up. He's already got some real history with those ****ers. Maybe McIlrath too.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:19 PM
  #212
M0rbid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 11,485
vCash: 500
Mcilrath is the key player........... I hope E. J. McGuire was right about Scott Stevens comparison.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:19 PM
  #213
Brian Boyle
Some Might Say
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Playing video games
Country: United States
Posts: 61,468
vCash: 50
Let's not talk about getting banned on the main board, or talk about the main board at all. Just stay away from it.

__________________
Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:20 PM
  #214
Graves94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 633
vCash: 500
Dorsett will take care of that POS Cooke. Or should I say that "reformed" POS Cooke

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:21 PM
  #215
MrEctions
Willy Nilly
 
MrEctions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clinton, Ny
Country: United States
Posts: 4,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Let's not talk about getting banned on the main board, or talk about the main board at all. Just stay away from it.
God dammit Zen you ruin all the fun!!!!!

Anyways liked what I saw from the boys over the past two games. I might end up eating crow on the Clowe trade as hes been better than I thought. Im still nervous about giving up what we did and what his contract details could end up being though.

Really really happy with what Brass has brought to the team, and Moore has been solid. Anxious to see what Dorsett brings.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:24 PM
  #216
M Gaz
Goalie Killer
 
M Gaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,302
vCash: 2946
I need to learn to stay away from that snakepit after a game like this. Anyway....

Good game overall. Definitely made it difficult for them. Fleury was just unbelievable. tonight. Can't complain about 3/4 points, however, when you consider who we played.

DZ gets my POTG for getting the Pens all worked up and telling Malkin to sit the **** down.

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:24 PM
  #217
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 22,043
vCash: 500
I can't believe this is the same board that would ***** about great WINS like the one against the Leafs and you guys are so happy with a loss. I'm not upset, in fact I'm encouraged, I'm just shocked how positive this board has been, what happened?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:26 PM
  #218
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
God dammit Zen you ruin all the fun!!!!!

Anyways liked what I saw from the boys over the past two games. I might end up eating crow on the Clowe trade as hes been better than I thought. Im still nervous about giving up what we did and what his contract details could end up being though.

Really really happy with what Brass has brought to the team, and Moore has been solid. Anxious to see what Dorsett brings.
If they can win 3 in a row 5th or 6th Is doable, that would be awesome

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:27 PM
  #219
JD123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashtyAttack View Post
I need to learn to stay away from that snakepit after a game like this. Anyway....

Good game overall. Definitely made it difficult for them. Fleury was just unbelievable. tonight. Can't complain about 3/4 points, however, when you consider who we played.

DZ gets my POTG for getting the Pens all worked up and telling Malkin to sit the **** down.
Love that throw down by DZ. We do that like what once a year when the opposition crashes on Lundqvist???

JD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:29 PM
  #220
Rangers Fail
Free Jesper Fast
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 28,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by li97 View Post
Rangers dominated, lots of missed calls, lots of ******** from Matt Cooke (surprise!), DZ with a elbow to Neals head, Dupuis goes after DZ after the whistle and Fleury stood on his head.

EDIT: Beat me to it.

Anyone watching NHL Network? Apparently the Penguins had an "impressive" win against the Rangers tonight. Was I watching the same game?
Yeah it was so impressive how they had to have their goalie bail them out every minute because of their inept defense. It was especially amazing how they needed the refs and the shoot out to win. Yeah, definitely impressive. Woo! Go Pens!

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:29 PM
  #221
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: . . . happiness.
Country: United States
Posts: 93,007
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
I hate the loss, but the game was a ****ing fun game to watch.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
I still think there should be a section of people at MSG behind the visiting bench, in curly wigs, and dark rimmed glasses, calling themselves the Pidtophiles. - Zamboner
Hunter Gathers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:30 PM
  #222
JohnC
Registered User
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 6,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I can't believe this is the same board that would ***** about great WINS like the one against the Leafs and you guys are so happy with a loss. I'm not upset, in fact I'm encouraged, I'm just shocked how positive this board has been, what happened?
I blame Gaborik

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:31 PM
  #223
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I can't believe this is the same board that would ***** about great WINS like the one against the Leafs and you guys are so happy with a loss. I'm not upset, in fact I'm encouraged, I'm just shocked how positive this board has been, what happened?
I wasn't pissed at all. When we lose and play like **** like they have for 90% of the year, that's why we've been moaning and whining for most of the year.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:33 PM
  #224
Holocene
Registered User
 
Holocene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashtyAttack View Post
I need to learn to stay away from that snakepit after a game like this. Anyway....

Good game overall. Definitely made it difficult for them. Fleury was just unbelievable. tonight. Can't complain about 3/4 points, however, when you consider who we played.

DZ gets my POTG for getting the Pens all worked up and telling Malkin to sit the **** down.
Haha it was Dizzy who threw Malkin on his ass? Michael Del Goddo. Amazing game from him tonight. Not sure if him or McD had a better game. They were treats to watch in both zones. Probably MDZ since McD was the one with the weak pass to the boards that lead to the goal.

Holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:33 PM
  #225
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 10,962
vCash: 500
This was like watching last years team.

A week ago we would have lost 2-0.

Whether it is a temporary shot in the arm or a long term chemistry change remains to be seen. But it's encouraging.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.