HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR/PIT 3/4 aint bad...

View Poll Results: POTG
Clowe me maybe 4 4.55%
Byron Boyler 1 1.14%
Ryan 1 move Callahan 0 0%
Split Save Henrik 18 20.45%
CalidubDelZotto 7 7.95%
McDonut 0 0%
Rick Nashty 17 19.32%
Bucky Beaver Richards 0 0%
Derek Stepen on Stepan 4 4.55%
Derek Gretzky Brassard 6 6.82%
Anton Stral.... I give up 1 1.14%
Dan Wide Girardi 0 0%
John ****ing Moore 2 2.27%
Steve Eminger? 0 0%
I am running out of options. 4 4.55%
Marc Staals Ghost 4 4.55%
Should we have won this game? 20 22.73%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I'm sorry, at the end of the day, I'm still ****ing disgusted with Boyle because none of his 2 goals were shots where he beat the goalie. Both of them coming off of deflections.

If it were Stepan, Nash, Cally, Clowe, McD, - hell, even Kreider - I'm ending up giving props to Fleury. Boyle has shown nothing this season with his shooting prowess. I'd throw him a bone if it was some kind of crazy save that hit the knob of the stick or he had Fleury dead to rights and Fleury managed to get the stick or legs to block the shot, or there were Penguin players in the crease.

I feel the same way with DZ whenever he goes to shoot the puck. Chances are high that the shot will indeed end up high and wide, but he still banked 3 on his own.
Boyle scored on a slap shot versus Washington. Honestly, Boyle sucked really bad for the majority of this season.

However, credit where it's due, he's looked like a different player these last 2 games. Like the Boyle who potted 20 goals a few years ago. If he can continue to play how he's played these 2 games he is a valuable player as his defensive ability and faceoff skills are already very good, having him not being a bumbling fool on offense is all we need. He will score goals if he continues to play like this. He got robbed by Fleury on that chance he had...it sucks he didn't pot it and go top cheese but he tried 5-hole and Fleury robbed him Credit Fleury on that.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
If they can win 3 in a row 5th or 6th Is doable, that would be awesome
Not to mention the Leafs havent been all that great lately. If we can get a little iwning streak that puts up right back up to that middle 5/6 area. I believe we have a game in hand as well. Would be nice to see. 2 points tomorrow would be huge. Were only 4 back of 5th right now.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I hate the loss, but the game was a ****ing fun game to watch.
feel like we would have won if this was a playoff game and overtime kept going. i like how we can play all 4 lines now. id honestly rather see kreider or miller back up and put boyle 4C, bench pyatt, and roll 4 lines. this team looks so much better for the playoffs now with each line being solid and our D with staal back being 6 deep with players that can play more than 12 minutes.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:36 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Haha it was Dizzy who threw Malkin on his ass? Michael Del Goddo. Amazing game from him tonight. Not sure if him or McD had a better game. They were treats to watch in both zones. Probably MDZ since McD was the one with the weak pass to the boards that lead to the goal.
I think Stralman was our best D tonight, DZ then McDonagh after him. Girardi was awesome, too.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:37 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I wasn't pissed at all. When we lose and play like **** like they have for 90% of the year, that's why we've been moaning and whining for most of the year.
I remember when we dominated the Leafs, scored 4 goals in the 3rd, and won 5-2 coming back from a 2 goal deficit and a 3rd period deficit and a few people were saying how unimpressed they were. The team didn't have to play like **** for fans to complain. Before when we played well and lost people would complain that we couldn't finish and the like.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:41 PM
ecemleafs

sometimes ya just have to accept that u played well and a goalie was even better. its what most fans feel when henke shuts their team down.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Pugs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
feel like we would have won if this was a playoff game and overtime kept going. i like how we can play all 4 lines now. id honestly rather see kreider or miller back up and put boyle 4C, bench pyatt, and roll 4 lines. this team looks so much better for the playoffs now with each line being solid and our D with staal back being 6 deep with players that can play more than 12 minutes.
I thought the 4th line was pretty good tonight. They kept the puck in the Pens zone most of their shifts and had a few solid chances. Wish they would have played a bit more, to be honest.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:45 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post
I thought the 4th line was pretty good tonight. They kept the puck in the Pens zone most of their shifts and had a few solid chances. Wish they would have played a bit more, to be honest.
they played a good amount until we went down 1-0 and we went to 3 lines. i feel like if we could get a better player in over pyatt and put boyle on the 4th line C we'd have a really good 4 lines.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:49 PM
ThisYearsModel

Honestly cannot complain about the effort. We dominated them in the 3rd period and lost to an all-world performance by the goalie. They are cheap and dirty as ever and mostly get away with it. The "rehabilitated" Cooke was his old self. 3 points out of 4 is a good result, and now we need to cement it with 2 points tomorrow night.

It is amazing hw, all of a sudden, the breakouts are clean, the passing is tape to tape, the tougness is there, the forecheck is there. I wonder if the players were unsure if Torts was going to survive until Gabby was traded. These things all cannot improve just because he was traded. Whatever it is......this is looking like a team that can go a couple playoff rounds now, especially if Staal gets back.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:51 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

vCash: 873
Honestly, we should have won this game easily. Fleury stole it, plain & simple. At least we got 3/4 points from the Pens. Can't be upset with that. The team has a spark. Need to carry it over tomorrow night....

Bad news? Hopefully not too serious.

Quote:
Steve Zipay [Verified account] ‏@stevezipay

Note: NYR's Henrik Lundqvist felt tug in hamstring during Malkin shootout try, thinks he'll be fine by morning with treatment
Source: https://twitter.com/stevezipay/statu...71577768259587

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
Good points. Hey, I'm the biggest critic of the team and I'll be the first one to admit that change sometimes is good and works out for everybody.
The trade of Gaborik while unexpected(at least for me right now anyway) and a big loss team wise looks like it will work out for us and for the Blue Jackets as well. Brassard gives us a solid 3rd line center with a guy who is young, highly skilled, good on faceoffs and tough to take off the puck. The lines look a lot better to me right now albeit it's still early. I can't wait until Dorsett gets healthy; fans are gonna love him!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:52 PM
theJUMPER

Missed the Wed. game vs. Pitt so this was my 1st glance at the new team.

Gotta say the grittiness from last year seems like it's back. Seeing Del Zotto toss Malkin on his ass wouldn't have happened a week ago. Like how physical the D was and was impressed with Brassard's play & Clowe's physical play.

Boyle looks like a completely different player out there.

Satisfied with the effort, Fleury just played out of his mind. And I don't think it was a case of the Rangers throwing garbage shots making a goalie look good as is usual the case. MAF stole this one.

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Affinity

We look like an actual team now. Not just a bunch of guys flubbing passes in the NZ. We had a bunch of players stand up for their teammates tonight it was great to watch. I want a gif of MDZ knocking Malkin on his ass.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:58 PM
ltsthinaz

I imagine Biron will play tomorrow night, just hope the team doesn't let down and blow a winnable game after two massive efforts.

Team looked great tonight, for once, the other team's goalie stole the game. Third period was magnificent.

I would, however, like them to dress Miller when he's healthy have him play 3C, move Boyle to 4C and sit Pyatt, who can't fo anything more than kill a few seconds in the corners. He can't skate or shoot. He was OK as a space eater when the team sucked, now that we have some better hockey players, we have no need of what little he brings.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Meh, the only reason to go to the main boards is to try to draw penalties (infractions) from opposing teams' fans

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:01 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Good points. Hey, I'm the biggest critic of the team and I'll be the first one to admit that change sometimes is good and works out for everybody.
The trade of Gaborik while unexpected(at least for me right now anyway) and a big loss team wise looks like it will work out for us and for the Blue Jackets as well. Brassard gives us a solid 3rd line center with a guy who is young, highly skilled, good on faceoffs and tough to take off the puck. The lines look a lot better to me right now albeit it's still early. I can't wait until Dorsett gets healthy; fans are gonna love him!
Love the look of the team much more now, don't think we'll miss Gaborik and his floating around at all. Not to mention, having gotten rid of his contract will be a big help in the off-season.

Old
04-05-2013, 11:07 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Brassard is actually terrible on faceoffs, historically - for whatever reason, he's been dominating in the dot since being traded here. 73.3% last game and 75% tonight. Damn.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Richter Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
This is playoff hockey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter Scale View Post
Yea. It is. Back and forth. Even game. Neither team wants to give an inch. Only a few quality scoring chances on either side. Solid defense. Fairly physical. That is playoff hockey. And that's the type of hockey you're seeing. Not quite at the same level of intensity; but its close.
Still laughing? Great game. Sucks to not get the 2 pts, but man that was a fun game to watch. On the other hand - with being down 1-0 over half way through the third, gotta be happy getting the 1 pt at all. Definitely one of the better games I've seen in a while. Both teams competed hard and were evenly matched; the result is evidence of that (even if the better team didn't win in the SO ).

Richter Scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:12 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Just watched the replay. It was G that put Malkin on his ass

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:12 PM
3rd Guy High

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
I imagine Biron will play tomorrow night, just hope the team doesn't let down and blow a winnable game after two massive efforts.

Team looked great tonight, for once, the other team's goalie stole the game. Third period was magnificent.

I would, however, like them to dress Miller when he's healthy have him play 3C, move Boyle to 4C and sit Pyatt, who can't fo anything more than kill a few seconds in the corners. He can't skate or shoot. He was OK as a space eater when the team sucked, now that we have some better hockey players, we have no need of what little he brings.
Disagree with the last part. Think Brassard should stay as our 3C and maybe call up Kreider/Fast/Hrivik to play as a winger on that third line and add some more scoring. Let Miller stay in Hartford and develop as a Center with a lot of minutes.

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:15 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I'm ****ing disgusted with Boyle. You can't get these kind of sick chances on a silver platter on not bank one in.
relax there chief... a lot of fwds missed opportunities tn.. fleury had a highlight reel of a game.. boyles playing great as is the entire team.. no worries brotha..

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:15 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by li97 View Post
Disagree with the last part. Think Brassard should stay as our 3C and maybe call up Kreider/Fast/Hrivik to play as a winger on that third line and add some more scoring. Let Miller stay in Hartford and develop as a Center with a lot of minutes.
I could certainly go with any of those scenarios - my main point is to sit Pyatt, he never added much, and with the cavalry we've brought in, he's worse than useless.

Old
04-05-2013, 11:31 PM
JD123

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
This was like watching last years team.

A week ago we would have lost 2-0.

Whether it is a temporary shot in the arm or a long term chemistry change remains to be seen. But it's encouraging.
Was thinking that same thing after game. A week ago we definitely would have lost 2-0 or 3-0. Just a different team with Clowe and Brassard in lineup. More depth. I am not a Gabby hater but he would tend to disappear in game like this and we were just too soft to play against.

JD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:32 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Boyle has looked better, but he needs to be on the 4th line. Guy has some of the stoniest pair of mitts in the league. I'd love to see Kreider or Fasth given a go on that line.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:33 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

we dominated this game. it was so one sided it's not even funny. how we didn't win is beyond me.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote