HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR/PIT 3/4 aint bad...

View Poll Results: POTG
Clowe me maybe 4 4.55%
Byron Boyler 1 1.14%
Ryan 1 move Callahan 0 0%
Split Save Henrik 18 20.45%
CalidubDelZotto 7 7.95%
McDonut 0 0%
Rick Nashty 17 19.32%
Bucky Beaver Richards 0 0%
Derek Stepen on Stepan 4 4.55%
Derek Gretzky Brassard 6 6.82%
Anton Stral.... I give up 1 1.14%
Dan Wide Girardi 0 0%
John ****ing Moore 2 2.27%
Steve Eminger? 0 0%
I am running out of options. 4 4.55%
Marc Staals Ghost 4 4.55%
Should we have won this game? 20 22.73%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-05-2013, 11:33 PM
JD123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
I could certainly go with any of those scenarios - my main point is to sit Pyatt, he never added much, and with the cavalry we've brought in, he's worse than useless.
I can't believe how useless he has become. The puck never seems to stay on his blade. He can't control the puck worth a damn and it always kills any kind of puck possession in the oppositions zone.
I guess we don't have any replacements for him (don't wanna see Kreider playing 2 minutes a game on the fourth line). well no replacement until Prust 2.0 comes along (Dorsett).

JD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
we dominated this game. it was so one sided it's not even funny. how we didn't win is beyond me.
Fleury played the game of his life. The refs were horrible (in general, they missed calls both ways but more were missed on the Rangers in my opinion).

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Rick the III stepping up again. Very nice! Fleury was great, but there are chances that simply needs to be roofed properly. Too bad Clowe didn't lose his **** when he confronted Cookie. And I'd liek to see Brassard or Clowe in the shootout before Callahan.

Anyway, 3 of 4 points against PIT ain't bad. Just beat the Canes.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:39 PM
JD123

Quote:
Originally Posted by li97 View Post
Disagree with the last part. Think Brassard should stay as our 3C and maybe call up Kreider/Fast/Hrivik to play as a winger on that third line and add some more scoring. Let Miller stay in Hartford and develop as a Center with a lot of minutes.
I agree can we just leave Brassard at 3rd line center. The guy has been great so far and I have a feeling he will continue and lock down our third line center spot giving the team some stability. I know many will argue but I will take him over Richards right now as our second line center. He has injected some life into Boyle.
Looks like Torts will not make Boyle a 4th liner so lets keep that line together. They looked pretty decent.

JD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:49 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
we dominated this game. it was so one sided it's not even funny. how we didn't win is beyond me.
Half of our shots came from 3 Forwards. The rest averaged 1 shot each. MCD led the defense with 3 of our 6 shots from the backend, half by one guy. Still have to spread it out.

Nash continues to be our best forward, Stepan close behind. The only two guys producing before the trades get our only points tonight.

Jussi Jokinen, jus figures it would play out like it did

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:50 PM
aemoreira1981

A week ago, I dreaded this home-and-home. Take the point and go home happy.

aemoreira1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:01 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Half of our shots came from 3 Forwards. The rest averaged 1 shot each. MCD led the defense with 3 of our 6 shots from the backend, half by one guy. Still have to spread it out.

Nash continues to be our best forward, Stepan close behind. The only two guys producing before the trades get our only points tonight.

Jussi Jokinen, jus figures it would play out like it did
Brassard set up several glorious chances, as did Richards. Really, it was the sheer quality of chances we had. This could have EASILY been another 6-1 game. Tip your hat to Fleury...incredible game by him.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:02 AM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

I don't know whether MZA rejuvenated him or if Gaby was holding him back but Richards has looked substantially better these past few games

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:12 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
Now that we actually have a center who can push for that 2c spot, Richards has gotten his act together very quickly. No more complacency from the $12 Million man or he will be the next to go.

Stepan
Richards
Brassard
Boyle/Powe
Miller/ R.I.P Halpern

That's some strong center depth, that's what wins cups. We already have the D, and the G. Now we have the forward depth to experiment before the playoffs, and come in as a well-oiled machine.

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Brassard set up several glorious chances, as did Richards. Really, it was the sheer quality of chances we had. This could have EASILY been another 6-1 game. Tip your hat to Fleury...incredible game by him.
The key to me on offense is still the defense. I think we got 4 out of the 35 shots from the point. Del Z, no shots and two games in a row where I thought I was looking at Mark Hardy.

Old
04-06-2013, 12:15 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
The key to me on offense is still the defense. I think we got 4 out of the 35 shots from the point. Del Z, no shots and two games in a row where I thought I was looking at Mark Hardy.
eh, it depends on the team we play, Pittsburgh does collapse low, so you gotta work the play up high. McDonagh does a good job of taking one step to the left or the right before shooting, changing the angle and finding a lane. Nobody else on our team really does that, which is annoying.

Old
04-06-2013, 12:18 AM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Staalsy come back, any kind of fool could see, there was something in everything about you

Old
04-06-2013, 12:21 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
I don't know whether MZA rejuvenated him or if Gaby was holding him back but Richards has looked substantially better these past few games
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Now that we actually have a center who can push for that 2c spot, Richards has gotten his act together very quickly. No more complacency from the $12 Million man or he will be the next to go.

Stepan
Richards
Brassard
Boyle/Powe
Miller/ R.I.P Halpern

That's some strong center depth, that's what wins cups. We already have the D, and the G. Now we have the forward depth to experiment before the playoffs, and come in as a well-oiled machine.
i thought both Gabby and Richards had their games starting to roll before the trade deadline to be honest.

Old
04-06-2013, 12:22 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
This I agree with. Would have liked to have gotten more second chances on Fleury.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:24 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

Quote:
i thought both Gabby and Richards had their games starting to roll before the trade deadline to be honest.
Agreed. The game Richards REALLY picked it up, for me, was the game in Montreal. Both him and Gabby looked great. I think that's made a huge difference. He's now played 4 very, very good games in a row. I don't want to jinx it, but I think Richards might be "back".

Old
04-06-2013, 12:27 AM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Yeah if I had to choose the catalyst I'd go with MZA. Richie and Gabs both looked good with him

Old
04-06-2013, 12:32 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
This I agree with. Would have liked to have gotten more second chances on Fleury.
I don't even remember any deflections besides one by Boyle in the first that I thought went wide. Clowe played 18 minutes, did you notice him much?

Meanwhile, on the Pens side, Malkin played over 20 minutes and had none of their 27 shots. He's not back from that injury yet.

Old
04-06-2013, 12:34 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

Quote:
I don't even remember any deflections besides one by Boyle in the first that I thought went wide. Clowe played 18 minutes, did you notice him much?

Meanwhile, on the Pens side, Malkin played over 20 minutes and had none of their 27 shots. He's not back from that injury yet.
I noticed him pounding Engelland's face in.

He needs to get to the net like he was on Wednesday, though. He's great along the wall, but so are pretty much all of our other players. He provides a great screen when he goes to that area.

Old
04-06-2013, 12:35 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Good to see we're basically in agreement boardwide. Team played a great game, deserved two, got one, **** happens.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:37 AM
Block More Shots

FINALLY. We are seeing the Rangers play with some desperation in ALL aspects of the game. I'll take the 3/4 against PIT any day.

Although 2 points would have been nice, this felt like a moral victory for us. We played PIT very tough on the road. These last two games are something to build on for sure...hopefully they still got something left in the tank and are ready to go for tomorrow night.

Block More Shots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:38 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I noticed him pounding Engelland's face in.
The fight was cool since it was his first as a Ranger and it was Engelland, but really don't care for that trade off.

Old
04-06-2013, 12:40 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

Quote:
The fight was cool since it was his first as a Ranger and it was Engelland, but really don't care for that trade off.
Eh, it was early on in the game, it set the tone. The Rangers started to play a lot better after that fight, IMO.

Old
04-06-2013, 12:50 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Biggest plus of the game to me: That actually looked like Brad Richards playing. Yeah, that Brad Richards.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:55 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
This was like watching last years team.

A week ago we would have lost 2-0.

Whether it is a temporary shot in the arm or a long term chemistry change remains to be seen. But it's encouraging.
3-0. You forgot the empty netter

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 01:18 AM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaexAQD2Nvk

Boy, I was hoping Clowe would just jump in and start punching. Wise move though, we were down by 1 and had just earned a powerplay. Different circumstances I think he comes in and starts wailing away.

I love this guy already.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote