HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Settle a bet: Kane to BUF

Old
04-05-2013, 02:19 PM
adorno
%!&

vCash: 500
Toews will probably leave when he becomes a UFA but I predict he'll have significant declined by then and he's never been a fan favorite so, meh. Kaner is the opposite though - I can see him staying in Chicago in some capacity even after he retires

adorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Cullksinikers

Toews will retire a Hawk.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 02:21 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by adorno View Post
Toews will probably leave when he becomes a UFA but I predict he'll have significant declined by then and he's never been a fan favorite so, meh. Kaner is the opposite though - I can see him staying in Chicago in some capacity even after he retires
You'll think he'll significantly decline less than 3 years from now

This board sometimes.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Toews won't go to WPG just because he is from there... if that would be the case the Nucks would be more than stacked as would be the Habs year in year out.

Toews is Chicago...

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Marina
#freemorin

Has Kane ever even expressed an interest in playing for Buffalo to the media? From what I've read, both him and Toews seem very happy in Chicago. I wouldn't be surprised if they both retire as Hawks.

Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Hawks82

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
People overrate how much guys want to play in their home towns.
This.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Hawks82

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfVerona View Post
Has Kane ever even expressed an interest in playing for Buffalo to the media? From what I've read, both him and Toews seem very happy in Chicago. I wouldn't be surprised if they both retire as Hawks.
Expressing any desire to return to Buffalo at this point in his career would be incredibly stupid on Kane's part. I read it a lot more on hockeybuzz, I think it's mostly just people assuming that he'll have a desire to go back to Buffalo because he's from there.

I'd be personally happy if Kane and Toews spent the prime years of their career with the Hawks. Id love for both of them to spend their entire career with the Hawks, but players spending all of their career with one team is so rare these days.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 03:06 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
Is there anything in this post that isn't wrong?

1. Toews may leave as a UFA, nobody really knows what will happen here. I'd bet on the Hawks locking him up long-term.
2. Toews probably isn't going to significantly decline in the next 3 years. The guy is a workhorse.
3. Toews most definitely is a fan favorite.
4. If one of Kane or Toews stick around after they retire, Toews strikes me as the type who would.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfVerona View Post
Never. Nor has Toews ever said a thing about Winnipeg.

Chicago has more or less adopted the two of them. I don't think they'll be going anywhere for quite a long time.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Penosity

Quote:
Uh, what?

Toews is the biggest fan favorite on the team. In fact I believe he has the best selling jersey in the NHL.

At my local ice rink Toews jerseys on the kids outnumber all others combined probably 2:1.

Penosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:03 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Brb, gotta check NHL13.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:09 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
You mean after the 2014/15 season?...2 years from now?

the people saying that Toews will probably go and play for the Jets or Kane will go play in Buffalo sound like the delusional Leafs fans who think that it's the dream of every player from Toronto to play for the Leafs at some point.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Kane At Mifflin

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
You mean after the 2014/15 season?...2 years from now?

the people saying that Toews will probably go and play for the Jets or Kane will go play in Buffalo sound like the delusional Leafs fans who think that it's the dream of every player from Toronto to play for the Leafs at some point.
Athletes want to experience life like anybody else. You grow up in a place for 16-18 years, sometimes you just want to move on and experience other cities along the way. He can always go live in Winnipeg after he retires if he loves it that much.

Kane At Mifflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:23 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 50
I won't mind if either do it post 37, that's it though, a Modano type thing.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 01:12 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

The only thing to come out of Toews mouth about Winnipeg since coming into the league was him expressing his happiness that there will be a team there again because the fans of Winnipeg deserve it. Never has he once said he wants to play in Winnipeg or plans to sign there one day.

Why would the Hawks let their Captain and franchise corner stone leave? As much fun as Kane is to watch and everything Toews is the heart, soul and backbone of this franchise. The Hawks let Kane walk before they ever let Toews walk. But seeing as by the time they are FA the cap should be coming back up anyway the Hawks lock them up long term similar to the Pens with Crosby and Malkin and continue to build around these 2 for the next decade or so.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 01:15 AM
LandofLincoln

proposal

I think the proposal is decent. I don't think Kane is untradeable and if negotiations stalled and this was his contract year. I think Bowman would consider it.

One thing I like about Bowman is that he will probably always go with a solid to good goalie. I hope he never goes for a first tier goalie and I hope we never have a goalie on our books for 5m.

I wouldn't want Miller.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 01:17 AM
WarriorofTime

Toews being in a significant decline in the next two years is the most egregious part of that post. His PPG thus far has increased every season of his career. I don't see him falling off a cliff any time soon.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 01:18 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
I think the proposal is decent. I don't think Kane is untradeable and if negotiations stalled and this was his contract year. I think Bowman would consider it.

One thing I like about Bowman is that he will probably always go with a solid to good goalie. I hope he never goes for a first tier goalie and I hope we never have a goalie on our books for 5m.

I wouldn't want Miller.
good call.

i don't know how closely ppl here follow buffalo - but miller is a real ***** of a guy. elite goalie, not really a guy you'd want showing up on your team.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:12 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Toews is under contract until the end of the 2014-2015 season. He will probably be re-signed another 8 yrs at some point during that season, making him a Hawk until the end of the 2022-2023 season. At some point either during that season or at the end of that season, when he is 34 yrs old, he might be traded during the season for a decent return or he will go UFA...so he might end up in Winnipeg someday, but he will be far beyond his prime if he does.

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:13 AM
McDooRoo

There are two things I'm sure of.... Me dying eventually and Toews and Kane remaining Hawks for a very long time.

Bowman might not do things are some people think he should, but he isn't head in the ass stupid. He knows as does everybody with half a brain that Toews and Kane are Chicago and letting them walk or trading them would result in fans being irate and the team sucking. He's not going to let them walk I assure you.

McDooRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:47 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by puterwiz53 View Post
I highly doubt that Toews will retire a Hawk. He will more than likely play for the Jets in the back end of his career. I could easily see him leave as a free agent to go back to his home town to play for the Jets.
Easy to say that about anyone...

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:50 PM
FakeKidPoker*

kane and toews are pretty much a brand in Chicago too.

But it is of course up to them how they want to spend their lives.

Old
04-06-2013, 04:54 PM
FakeKidPoker*

I also get a real kick out of any player saying they want to play closer to home.

Unless the actual city they live in has a franchise..

I mean what is the max flight time? 6 hours across the States? and they do that flight..what twice a year maybe?

Old
04-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Spectra
Registered boozer

IF the pick is MacKinnon and BUF takes the difference in salary, Bowman would be crazy not to do it. He would have a decision to make after next season but he should be able to retain both players if they are worth it.

Spectra is offline   Reply With Quote