HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

13-14' Prospects Thread Version XVI: All Prospect Talk Here

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2013, 10:36 PM
scooter87

vCash: 500
That's a pretty sweet looking D setup

Old
04-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinH2004 View Post
Percy's playoffs are done, should be coming to the Marlies sometime this week. With Percy, I bet Yeo sits, and we see:

Ranger - Blacker
Rielly - Holzer
Marshall - Percy
That line up basically gets rid of the rest of the defensive vets brought in the off season.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:15 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
That line up basically gets rid of the rest of the defensive vets brought in the off season.

that is a great d core, all legit nhl prospects

Old
04-02-2013, 12:03 AM
Duffman955

When we drafted Blacker, he had all the tools of a good defenseman.

Size, skating, shot, positioning, physicality, puck rushing ability.

Any chance he can still be a top 4D? Haven't been impressed with his play with the marlies much, although I haven't watched him play recently.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:41 AM
The Kessel Run

What's up with Owuya? Seems like he kind of regressed this year. Is he in the ECHL? Any chance he gets a crack at some minutes next year for the Marlies?

Old
04-02-2013, 06:24 AM
#Tank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kessel Run View Post
What's up with Owuya? Seems like he kind of regressed this year. Is he in the ECHL? Any chance he gets a crack at some minutes next year for the Marlies?
He's in the ECHL, playing for Reading (where he was last season) and is playing great. He'll probably be on the Marlies next season, but so will Sparks (may go to ECHL/Brampton's new CHL team if we become partners). I doubt we re-sign Jussi Rynnas, I think MacIntyre will get his spot on the Marlies. So Mac and Owuya in the A, and Sparks in the E/A, he shouldn't spend the whole season down there.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:10 AM
WeWantACup
HFB Partner

CHL Prospect Report

In recent weeks, as various CHL teams continue to play battle,and others fizzle out and fall in their respective playoff runs, a number of top tier CHL prospects have made their way into the pro ranks.

http://www.wewantacup.com/headlines/...rospect-report

Old
04-02-2013, 10:34 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
When we drafted Blacker, he had all the tools of a good defenseman.

Size, skating, shot, positioning, physicality, puck rushing ability.

Any chance he can still be a top 4D? Haven't been impressed with his play with the marlies much, although I haven't watched him play recently.
He has taken some great steps the last couple months.
I think he will be a top 4 dman
Dark Horse to make team next season on leafs.
Always a late bloomer

Old
04-02-2013, 10:39 AM
scottcwheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWantACup View Post
In recent weeks, as various CHL teams continue to play battle,and others fizzle out and fall in their respective playoff runs, a number of top tier CHL prospects have made their way into the pro ranks.

A breakdown of how Finn, Percy, Brown, Rupert, Leivo, Biggs and Broll are fairing and project. Give it a read and let me know what you think. Any standouts?

Old
04-02-2013, 12:19 PM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barilko14 View Post
So I guess he got threw out for hitting in this highlight?

Shoulder to shoulder, the kid even braced for it at the last second.

MacWilliam seems to be a pretty solid kid.
Yeah not really sure why he was thrown out but boy that was a huge hit. I like this dude.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWantACup View Post

Pretty good analysis actually. I agree with most of the assessments.

Kind of think they sold biggs short a little, but its not like he has been that impressive.

Old
04-02-2013, 04:04 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcwheeler View Post
A breakdown of how Finn, Percy, Brown, Rupert, Leivo, Biggs and Broll are fairing and project. Give it a read and let me know what you think. Any standouts?
I think you need to get some one to proof read your work before you post it.

04-03-2013, 08:33 PM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Biggs picked up an assist shorthanded. Caused the turnover at the defensive blue line and turned it up ice for the 2on1.He's been great so far tonight

Old
04-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgro View Post
Biggs picked up an assist shorthanded. Caused the turnover at the defensive blue line and turned it up ice for the 2on1.He's been great so far tonight
Good to here. Him and Finn are my favorite prospects.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:01 PM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Good to here. Him and Finn are my favorite prospects.
Probably the best game I've seen him play so far these playoffs. It been a crazy game 1 in Barrie. Lets hope Biggs wins it in OT

**** Barrie scored in the first couple minutes after a great chance by Biggs at the other end. Unreal. Should be a good series but that was a disappointing loss for the generals

Last edited by kilgro: 04-03-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old
04-04-2013, 11:42 AM
heatersthebest

Biggs did play pretty well last night, best i have seen him play, and Im pretty Dave Morrison was there, saw him get up and leave with 5 mins left, missed the Barrie comeback...

Old
04-04-2013, 12:22 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashgetzheat View Post
Biggs did play pretty well last night, best i have seen him play, and Im pretty Dave Morrison was there, saw him get up and leave with 5 mins left, missed the Barrie comeback...
Positive spin: Biggs gets his first point in a huge way: on the shorthanded goal to tie force overtime.

Negative spin: Biggs now at 7 games without an even strength point.

Old
04-05-2013, 11:29 AM
gmjohnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Positive spin: Biggs gets his first point in a huge way: on the shorthanded goal to tie force overtime.

Negative spin: Biggs now at 7 games without an even strength point.

The Biggs trade at the 2011 draft has quietly gone down as one of the worst trades in Leaf history. They held 3 picks in the top 40, and traded two of them to move from 28 to 22, where they picked Biggs. They also held the 25th pick. You may remember that the 2011 draft had prospects from the 10th rated right up to 40 who were roughly the same. The Leafs may have gotten Biggs at 25 or maybe not. They certainly would have picked up Percy in the second round as he was rated as a mid second round prospect, though Burke fell in love. But look who they missed on with that extra pick. Brandon Saad is now a 1st line NHL'r, rated 22 on HF top prospects, Brett Ritchie who is bigger, faster, just a gritty (fought Biggs in the playoffs and got the better of him) and is a great scorer. John Gibson, Team USA gold winning goalie and stud goalie of the future and also in HF top 50. If I had to do it again, I would have drafted Biggs at 25 (if you believe he is better than Ritchie), Gibson at 28 and Saad at 37 (or wherever that 2nd round pick was in the 30's)

Old
04-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Joey Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjohnny View Post
The Biggs trade at the 2011 draft has quietly gone down as one of the worst trades in Leaf history.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:33 PM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post
That's about as far as I got before I stopped reading.

Couple of good OHL playoff games tonight
Game 2 for the Generals at 730.
Kitchener and London also play game 1 tonight.

Old
04-05-2013, 02:47 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgro View Post
That's about as far as I got before I stopped reading.

Couple of good OHL playoff games tonight
Game 2 for the Generals at 730.
Kitchener and London also play game 1 tonight.
Yep, time to seperate the Men from the Boy's.

Old
04-05-2013, 05:02 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjohnny View Post
The Biggs trade at the 2011 draft has quietly gone down as one of the worst trades in Leaf history. They held 3 picks in the top 40, and traded two of them to move from 28 to 22, where they picked Biggs. They also held the 25th pick. You may remember that the 2011 draft had prospects from the 10th rated right up to 40 who were roughly the same. The Leafs may have gotten Biggs at 25 or maybe not. They certainly would have picked up Percy in the second round as he was rated as a mid second round prospect, though Burke fell in love. But look who they missed on with that extra pick. Brandon Saad is now a 1st line NHL'r, rated 22 on HF top prospects, Brett Ritchie who is bigger, faster, just a gritty (fought Biggs in the playoffs and got the better of him) and is a great scorer. John Gibson, Team USA gold winning goalie and stud goalie of the future and also in HF top 50. If I had to do it again, I would have drafted Biggs at 25 (if you believe he is better than Ritchie), Gibson at 28 and Saad at 37 (or wherever that 2nd round pick was in the 30's)

That really is funny!

So you can see into the future, huh? you know how all their careers are gonna be?

Old
04-05-2013, 06:06 PM
81snipe

For sure want either Fucale in the 1st round, or one of Jarry/Martin/Comrie in the 2nd/3rd round.

Old
04-06-2013, 03:56 AM
HockeyNightInBelfast
HockeyNightInBelfast

Re the Biggs trade: I wouldn't disagree in that it was an expensive price to pay, but as the Behind The Draft episodes over the years have shown, BB was always consulting w/ Dave Morrison on these moves. Yeah, they were high on Biggs & rumblings were the Red Wings were going to take him if they didn't nip out in front of them so they made the move.

As fer worst trade in history, that's way premature, ok, there are examples of some players that could have been selected but the full story will not play out until at least a few yeasr have passed & we begin to see more of what Biggs really is.

He'll be a great heart & soul player for the Leafs & is only going to get better. He is the player they targeted when the prospect pool was devoid of any power forward prospects too. Now we have Ashton, Leivo & Biggs.

Old
04-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Cool Hand Luke

That statement on the Biggs trade is absurd.

Take Boston. At the 2006 draft they have 3 picks in the top 50. Let's say they trade #50 plus #37 to move up into the 1st round and pick Lucic. They could have got him at 50. Does it matter? Was Lucic good enough to go in the first round? NO. Was he ranked that high? NO. Would anyone care about that now? The only thing that matters is that they would have picked him, and he was huge in them winning the cup.

Closed Thread