HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Dear Vancouver drivers

Old
04-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Primrose Everdeen
My Next Mistake

vCash: 564
Send a message via Skype™ to Primrose Everdeen
I don't accelerate to merge because most drivers in Phoenix take attempts for you to merge in front of them as a challenge. I'll just slow down a little and slip in behind them.

I also regularly let people in front of me if they bother to use their indicator light.

Primrose Everdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:16 AM
Aerolanche

vCash: 500
Never seen as much road rage as in this city. And I used to live in SoCal. Just the other day, some guy was so mad that I merged just in front of him getting off of a bridge (the way I see it, if you merge and the guy behind you doesn't have to slow down to keep a safe distance, you merged properly) that he pulled up next to me at the light and threw a fit so much that his car was rocking. It was quite the spectacle. I've noticed lots of people tend to speed up just before you try to switch lanes or merge as if it being passed is a personal insult.

04-06-2013, 03:50 AM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundblad View Post
I don't accelerate to merge because most drivers in Phoenix take attempts for you to merge in front of them as a challenge. I'll just slow down a little and slip in behind them.

I also regularly let people in front of me if they bother to use their indicator light.
They certainly love speeding up whenever I try to pass them to get off the freeway. Especially down by ASU.

CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:02 AM
Hank4Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerWhale View Post
The worst is in Vancouver city proper and stopping at a light. Sure enough someone will pull up beside you on the right, not with the intention to turn right, but to accelerate past you before they reach the parked car merely 100 feet ahead.
This, absolutely this.

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote