HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR/PIT 3/4 aint bad...

View Poll Results: POTG
Clowe me maybe 4 4.55%
Byron Boyler 1 1.14%
Ryan 1 move Callahan 0 0%
Split Save Henrik 18 20.45%
CalidubDelZotto 7 7.95%
McDonut 0 0%
Rick Nashty 17 19.32%
Bucky Beaver Richards 0 0%
Derek Stepen on Stepan 4 4.55%
Derek Gretzky Brassard 6 6.82%
Anton Stral.... I give up 1 1.14%
Dan Wide Girardi 0 0%
John ****ing Moore 2 2.27%
Steve Eminger? 0 0%
I am running out of options. 4 4.55%
Marc Staals Ghost 4 4.55%
Should we have won this game? 20 22.73%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-06-2013, 01:22 AM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
I feel like Kreider should be on this team right now over Pyatt. Either on line 2 with Zucc and Rich or line 3 with Brass and Hags.

But I think the plan is to roll out with these lines right now and then when Dorsett comes back to put him on the 4th line over Pyatt.

There's gonna be even more fire in the line up when Dorsett and Staal come back.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 01:47 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Never saw this last night as i was night shift but if i had been offered 3pts out of 4 before the home and home i'd have bitten your hand off.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 02:06 AM
arunnair87

vCash: 500
I came to this thread expecting to see people cursing the trade, etc etc (I didn't watch the game.)

Who would've thought we had rational Rangers fans ?

arunnair87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 02:45 AM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Man those Pitt announcers are pretty bad. I've watched games on ROOT before but luckily tonight I was at home and could watch it on MSG. However, I just watched the replay of Nasher's goal on Nhl.com and noticed their color guy was going on and on after they scored about how Sutter "tried to play the puck with his hand and a penalty should've been called and whistled before the goal" UMMMMM.....this guy is paid to be a color analyst in hockey and didn't understand that:

1. Sutter's glove was closed around his stick, he tried to push the puck forward with his closed glove which is legal.
2. For a penalty to be called his hand would have to be off his stick, glove opened and to put his opened glove over the puck
3. For a play to be whistled down on a delayed penalty the team who committed the infraction would have to gain full control of the puck
4. Nobody on Pitt ever gained control of the puck
5. After Sutter "touched" the puck with his glove, Stepan gained control and passed it to Nash who scored.
6. Even if the refs were dumb enough to confuse the new rule with what Sutter did (which was totally legal) the play wouldn't have been blown down before the goal because Pitt never gained control of the puck.

And this guy is paid to "analyze" hockey for a television audience? Awful.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 02:48 AM
alexb

3/4 is good even tho we where close to 4

alexb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 02:53 AM
TigerJack

I feel the whole team played really well. MAF was the difference.

Zucc with a nother solid performance. But his teammates need to bury his passes. Good plays yesterday also, especially two passes that gave point blank chances. They need to bury those!!!!

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:56 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Still sort of shaking my head as to why zuke sat out the entire OT...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:55 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
Visited the Pens GDT and straightened them out over there. Talkin some bs how Bortuzzo would wreck Boyle and how Nash is scared of Cooke. lol. They see everything We do, but when their career ender Cooke slashes someone, they don't see it. Pathetic. Can't wait to annihilate them if we meet in the playoffs.

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:17 AM
PrincetonRanger

what was the richie line? Zuccarello-Richards-Clowe?

PrincetonRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:24 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Actually there is very good reasoning behind it. Lets see if you folks can hazard a guess.
I don't have the answer. But if he's gonna play Zucc in the shootout,play him in overtime to. That's my 2 cents.

I believe Zucc need to feel trusted and confident to perform his best in a shootout, not coming cold after sitting 5 minutes.
But again,it's just a guess.
And I guess this would go for many other players too.

Last edited by fredrikstad: 04-06-2013 at 05:39 AM.
fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:31 AM
Placid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincetonRanger View Post
what was the richie line? Zuccarello-Richards-Clowe?
Yes

Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:36 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR135 View Post
Man those Pitt announcers are pretty bad. I've watched games on ROOT before but luckily tonight I was at home and could watch it on MSG. However, I just watched the replay of Nasher's goal on Nhl.com and noticed their color guy was going on and on after they scored about how Sutter "tried to play the puck with his hand and a penalty should've been called and whistled before the goal" UMMMMM.....this guy is paid to be a color analyst in hockey and didn't understand that:

1. Sutter's glove was closed around his stick, he tried to push the puck forward with his closed glove which is legal.
2. For a penalty to be called his hand would have to be off his stick, glove opened and to put his opened glove over the puck
3. For a play to be whistled down on a delayed penalty the team who committed the infraction would have to gain full control of the puck
5. After Sutter "touched" the puck with his glove, Stepan gained control and passed it to Nash who scored.
6. Even if the refs were dumb enough to confuse the new rule with what Sutter did (which was totally legal) the play wouldn't have been blown down before the goal because Pitt never gained control of the puck.

Lucky you. I had to listen to those boneheads the entire game (that pathetic NESN cast). Not only did they have bad knowledge, you could suspect they were relatives to Crosby. I was absolutely sure it was some Pittsburgh duo, which I'm used to being absolutely horrible, but then someone told me it was the NESN commentators(!).

According to them, Lundqvist was diving all night, Del Zotto was obviously intentionally elbowing Neal in the head, "Nash slashed Cooke, Nash slashed Cooke!", they talked about that NYR goal that never should've been a goal according to them for at least 5 minutes... do I need to continue? Probably not. Screamed their lungs out when Jokinen scored, while it sounded like their dog died when Nash scored. This is probably one of the worst casts I've had to endure.

No wonder Pittsburgh fans become so intolerable if they listen to - and follow the lead from - those two idiots.

Last edited by Chimp: 04-06-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:59 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

I know he's fallen out of favor, but for what it's worth..

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 06:15 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I'm ****ing disgusted with Boyle. You can't get these kind of sick chances on a silver platter on not bank one in.
I wanna hate boyle as well, but if he consistently gets those chances he will bury a good amount of them.

Its the fact that he got the chance that I'm happy with. He wasn't even doing that this year.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 06:18 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:

You do know that in the face off circle you CANNOT play the puck with your hand. Closed or not.

New rule this year.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 06:28 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Lucky you. I had to listen to those boneheads the entire game (that pathetic NESN cast). Not only did they have bad knowledge, you could suspect they were relatives to Crosby. I was absolutely sure it was some Pittsburgh duo, which I'm used to being absolutely horrible, but then someone told me it was the NESN commentators(!).

According to them, Lundqvist was diving all night, Del Zotto was obviously intentionally elbowing Neal in the head, "Nash slashed Cooke, Nash slashed Cooke!", they talked about that NYR goal that never should've been a goal according to them for at least 5 minutes... do I need to continue? Probably not. Screamed their lungs out when Jokinen scored, while it sounded like their dog died when Nash scored. This is probably one of the worst casts I've had to endure.

No wonder Pittsburgh fans become so intolerable if they listen to - and follow the lead from - those two idiots.
Not to nitpick, but NESN is the Bruins' station. They're terrible too, but Pittsburgh's station is called ROOT.

Zil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 06:52 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:

They will literally say ANYTHING to defend the Pens. ANYTHING. And they don't even think twice

Riche16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:26 AM
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post

It was the usual performance from the ROOT sports crew. And it was the feed that NHL Network delivers to North America.

The sad part is, as bad as those two mental midgets are, it's almost par for the course around the league with the blatant homerism from broadcasters. I know Sam and Joe are far from the best, and they are obviously pro-Ranger, but they are NOT so blatant about it. All the MSG broadcasts, with the exception of the Sabres and Chico Resch's commentary, are so much more professional than almost every American (Fox Sports, CSN) broadcast. It's no wonder why fans of most teams on the main board are so intolerable.

Speaking of unprofessional broadcasts with blatant homerism, me living in Charlotte, I'll be subjected to the details of Tripp Tracy's personal life tonight, play by play accounts of some injured Hurricane players texts to Tripp as well as his Twitter posts, Chantal McCabe's probing questions, and John Forslund's first-grade level analysis of why the Rangers aren't living up to expectations, with gratuitous shots taken at MSG, fans, and management. All that and 5000 camera shots of the stupid-*** "Storm Squad" in the kindergarten classroom known as the PNC Arena.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:50 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
Michael DelZotto is evolving into a world class NHL D-Man right before our eyes. Expecting BIG things from this kid. He is going to start finding the twine soon too. Look out!
Think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves with world class...he still can't hit the net and he needs to improve his skating...he very rarely gets to the puck first in the D zone, it's like there is sand in the D zone.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:51 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
Clowe has 2 goals for the entire year.

But it's the things off the puck that he does well. His line played fantastic tonight.

My God, people. Stop looking at this game black/white.

We were CREATIVE with the puck tonight. Our passing, movement, and onslaught in their zone was awesome. At times I was wondering if we were on a powerplay with the amount of zone and offensive time in their zone.

They're tied for being the BEST team in the league. And we dominated them and took 3/4.

Stop. Nit-picking.
Great series of posts!

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:56 AM
madinsomniac

The root Announcers... Paul Steigerwald and Bob Errey, are terrible. Every pittsburgh fan will tell you that... the sad part was that about a year after the lockout foxsports (pre root) forced Mike Lange out and put these two bozos in there. Mike Lange is a Foster Hewitt winner... the closest any announcer is ever going to get to getting in the HOF just for announcing. He is banished to the radio, while the corporate homers are on the TV broadcast. best bet is to get a radio feed off the internet of any radio broadcast, sync it to the tv brodcast, and turn the Root guys off.

madinsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:59 AM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
The refusal to call the Penguins on those blatant hacks was a conscious decision to allow them.

That is what I find indefensible. The NHL does zilch, nada, nothing to discipline their officials.
Disgusting. They should be disciplined at a review.
Skating to a goaltender and slashing him on the hands, in isolation, with no call??
i didn't get to see the game. but it seems the pens just pulled their usual cynical cheap-shot garbage and the refs did their usual nothing to stop them and the rangers did their usual nothing to fight back. not good. i guess it's early to expect massive changes, but i was really hoping clowe might help stop this stuff. oh well...gotta give it time, i suppose.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Steve Durbano

Quote:
Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
The root Announcers... Paul Steigerwald and Bob Errey, are terrible. Every pittsburgh fan will tell you that... the sad part was that about a year after the lockout foxsports (pre root) forced Mike Lange out and put these two bozos in there. Mike Lange is a Foster Hewitt winner... the closest any announcer is ever going to get to getting in the HOF just for announcing. He is banished to the radio, while the corporate homers are on the TV broadcast. best bet is to get a radio feed off the internet of any radio broadcast, sync it to the tv brodcast, and turn the Root guys off.
You are correct, we can't stand them either. If I ever wanted to go to the trouble of synching Lange and the satellite broadcast, I'd be better off.

Steve Durbano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:07 AM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaexAQD2Nvk

Boy, I was hoping Clowe would just jump in and start punching. Wise move though, we were down by 1 and had just earned a powerplay. Different circumstances I think he comes in and starts wailing away.

I love this guy already.
Is this the New York Rangers ?!?!?

Players sticking up for each other, Pittsburg gettig the **** treatment, loooove it!

I love this team! Can't wait for tonight!

Oh and of course any bias is ****ing gay, Pens bias is like terminal cancer ...

NYRFANMANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
You do know that in the face off circle you CANNOT play the puck with your hand. Closed or not.

New rule this year.
Problem is the announcers were watching it in zoomed in slow motion and saying "oh it should have been a penalty!!" when in regular motion it's pretty hard to tell if he touched it and the puck didn't really move in a way that would look like Sutter gained an advantage from using his hand

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote