HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Rangers - Fleuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2013, 04:15 AM
  #351
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates
 
Tender Rip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 13,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPenguins View Post
Great game by MAF. I loved the "is the puck under my butt" shimmy he did.

Anyone else forcing themselves to stay away from the main board Neal thread? I am sorry, I cannot think of a reason to throw your elbow back like that as part of a "hockey move" or bracing yourself for a hit.

Edit: Any word if Tourette's went crazy in his post game presser?
The only reason I can see to stay away from that thread would be to avoid seeing Pens fans being partisan hacks. MDZ didn't 'throw' his elbow at all. He simply turned, and Neal's face collided with his shoulder. Unlucky. The end.

Tender Rip is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:23 AM
  #352
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 38,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
The only reason I can see to stay away from that thread would be to avoid seeing Pens fans being partisan hacks. MDZ didn't 'throw' his elbow at all. He simply turned, and Neal's face collided with his shoulder. Unlucky. The end.


48 seconds in, that shoulder looks a lot like an elbow to me.

In any event, I agree it was not intentional. On the other hand it was reckless. I am sure MDZ knew he was there and had zero intent to concuss him. But no one ever does. It looked to me that he felt Neal coming, he actually glances back and sees him if you watch the video, and pushed both arms back elbow first to push him back, but he did it high. Aiming upward. Not intentional but certainly reckless. He was reckless enough that I could see, and actually expect, him to sit a game or two. You do not need to intend to injure someone, just like if you are reckless with your stick you can not expect the ref to let you slide if you cut someone. I really do not think that opinion is being a partisan hack.

Jaded-Fan is online now  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:27 AM
  #353
AZPenguins
Registered User
 
AZPenguins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Country: Zimbabwe
Posts: 1,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
The only reason I can see to stay away from that thread would be to avoid seeing Pens fans being partisan hacks. MDZ didn't 'throw' his elbow at all. He simply turned, and Neal's face collided with his shoulder. Unlucky. The end.
I am sorry but that was not a "turn". Del Zotto says he was "bracing himself". Who the hell braces them self by sticking their elbows back?

Quote:
I think they just dumped (the puck) in, and I knew I was going to get hit on the forecheck, Del Zotto said. I just tried to kind of reverse hit and brace myself. Im not sure exactly what happened.
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ring-neal-hit/

AZPenguins is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:34 AM
  #354
Iffyiffiffer
Moo
 
Iffyiffiffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPenguins View Post
I am sorry but that was not a "turn". Del Zotto says he was "bracing himself". Who the hell braces them self by sticking their elbows back?
Who braces themselves by leaping?

Iffyiffiffer is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 05:02 AM
  #355
arnold slick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Western Pa.
Country: United States
Posts: 387
vCash: 500
+ Fluery
+ Murray, Man I hope Shero signs this guy this summer, I loved it when Richards tried a spin move on him and he just road graded him into oblivion. Shero made a mistake letting Gill go I hope he tries to get this guy signed.
+ Morrow, he is just plain nasty in front of the net

- Geno, The good news is I heard his Mom and Dad are coming into town in a week, hopefully that gets him going

arnold slick is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 05:28 AM
  #356
Coach John McGuirk
ヽ(。_)ノ
 
Coach John McGuirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Shore, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 23,502
vCash: 500
Reminds me a lot of the hit that happened last season in the playoffs. I forget exactly who it was, but I think Hossa was involved.

Coach John McGuirk is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 06:02 AM
  #357
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson
 
Crafton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 9,633
vCash: 50
there isn't anybody in the league who couldn't wreck Nash and Boyle. even Rags fans acknowledge that those two are among the softest players in the league.



Last edited by ColePens: 04-06-2013 at 08:28 AM. Reason: This deserves to stay... lol
Crafton is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 06:14 AM
  #358
MeticulouslyDishevel
Registered User
 
MeticulouslyDishevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shureshot66 View Post
Best news is that they actually have three days between games now. Time for the injured guys to recover and the healthy to actually get some real practicing in and build an actual rapport on the ice.
I'm pretty sure that i read in either the post-gazette or the paper that employs R** R**** that the team is getting the entire weekend off.

MeticulouslyDishevel is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 06:18 AM
  #359
AZPenguins
Registered User
 
AZPenguins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Country: Zimbabwe
Posts: 1,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeticulouslyDishevel View Post
I'm pretty sure that i read in either the post-gazette or the paper that employs R** R**** that the team is getting the entire weekend off.
Yup, you did.

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...ylsma-practice

Quote:
The Penguins (28-10-0, 56 points) have lost two straight games after 15 consecutive wins. They play the New York Rangers at home Friday night.

After that game, Bylsma and his players will try not to see one another until Monday. A free weekend during this shortened NHL season is rare.

AZPenguins is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 06:48 AM
  #360
Terrapin
Registered User
 
Terrapin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,993
vCash: 500
- Really hated seeing the rags tie the game up late. If we would have scored again, or an empty netter, the gutless pansies Nash, Del Zotto, and Boyle would have been dealt with. Of course, they probably wouldn't have had to stones to step on the ice

Terrapin is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 06:51 AM
  #361
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 11,457
vCash: 500
One cup since 1940 and no league leaders, even though they've almost ruined the league with their spending, yet the Rangers and Rangers fans want to be treated like hockey royalty. At least the Isles can live off their 4 cups and the Devils have been a class team since 1990.


Last edited by #66: 04-06-2013 at 08:17 AM.
#66 is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 07:18 AM
  #362
jinx33
The Rust is real
 
jinx33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Paris, FR
Country: France
Posts: 361
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to jinx33 Send a message via Skype™ to jinx33
Sometimes I wonder if Tortorella is totally overreacting, to please the NY fanbase. I mean, the guy knows that stars like Crosby and Malkin will have a certain privilege, he had that kind of situation with Lecavalier and Richards, even if they were less mediatized.

To come back on last night game, there were cheapshots from both teams, and he gotta stop to say that Penguins have advantage anywhere, anytime. I agree few years ago power play was easy to get, now with all those new rules because of concussions, every team have his set of bad calls. It's actually pretty low that Torts keep calling those past facts as reason of his losses. Take your point, accept the loss, that's it.

jinx33 is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 07:23 AM
  #363
eXile59
Shirts on.
 
eXile59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 18,200
vCash: 500
It would be awesome if the Rangers didn't even make the playoffs. I'm rooting for them to either miss out or play a healthy Pens which would mean a sweep is a real possibility.

eXile59 is online now  
Old
04-06-2013, 08:28 AM
  #364
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 55,959
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Guys... please make it easy next time. Do not respond to trolls. Report it and ignore it. It won't stay around for too long. Next time I'll have to hand out infractions for responses, too, even though it was well-deserved.

Thank you.

ColePens is online now  
Old
04-06-2013, 08:29 AM
  #365
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 55,959
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post


48 seconds in, that shoulder looks a lot like an elbow to me.

In any event, I agree it was not intentional. On the other hand it was reckless. I am sure MDZ knew he was there and had zero intent to concuss him. But no one ever does. It looked to me that he felt Neal coming, he actually glances back and sees him if you watch the video, and pushed both arms back elbow first to push him back, but he did it high. Aiming upward. Not intentional but certainly reckless. He was reckless enough that I could see, and actually expect, him to sit a game or two. You do not need to intend to injure someone, just like if you are reckless with your stick you can not expect the ref to let you slide if you cut someone. I really do not think that opinion is being a partisan hack.
Spot on. It's not intentional by any means, but definitely reckless. I don't know what that means because the game is played that way for the most part.

ColePens is online now  
Old
04-06-2013, 08:43 AM
  #366
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 11,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx33 View Post
Sometimes I wonder if Tortorella is totally overreacting, to please the NY fanbase. I mean, the guy knows that stars like Crosby and Malkin will have a certain privilege, he had that kind of situation with Lecavalier and Richards, even if they were less mediatized.

To come back on last night game, there were cheapshots from both teams, and he gotta stop to say that Penguins have advantage anywhere, anytime. I agree few years ago power play was easy to get, now with all those new rules because of concussions, every team have his set of bad calls. It's actually pretty low that Torts keep calling those past facts as reason of his losses. Take your point, accept the loss, that's it.
Its his form of coaching and how he rallys the troops. Sooner or later his rants fall on deaf ears even if he has a legit point to make.

#66 is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 08:58 AM
  #367
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates
 
Tender Rip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 13,412
vCash: 500
Gotta admit it looks worse in slow. Didn't see him launching himself backwards like that or the follow through motion with both arms.

Tender Rip is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 09:13 AM
  #368
Lomez
Old School
 
Lomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PGH, PA
Posts: 6,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post

And another funny thing. I can't even call Glass a BAD player. Melichar was a BAD player. Glass is just useless. Worthless.

I know it may be semantics, but is there a difference between being a bad player and being a useless one?
A useless player contributes nothing of consequence, a bad player often puts the team at a disadvantage. Glass is a bad player.

Lomez is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 09:17 AM
  #369
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 19,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Gotta admit it looks worse in slow. Didn't see him launching himself backwards like that or the follow through motion with both arms.
He is playing stupid... "Golly gee whiz fellas, I don't know what happened there!"

I've been in that situation a number of times and you know exactly what you are doing.

I think he meant to hit Neal, but not elbow him in the head. Neal had his head down in an awkward position and it was just the perfect storm of bad luck. Zero doubt in my mind his intentions were to hit Neal and slow him down.

It was reckless, but not dirty. The fact he is playing coy is what is irritating.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 09:18 AM
  #370
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 89,188
vCash: 50
The main board is a stew full of crap after that hit. Some people genuinely think that Neal went into Del Zotto's elbow and it's his fault.

Shrimper is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 09:46 AM
  #371
nTsplnk*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Yea, he definitely wanted to hit Neal-this play happens a lot-you're going for the puck and someone's about to hit you, so you go backwards into them.

It just happened that in the process he threw his elbow up. It's certainly not malicious but might get looked at.

nTsplnk* is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 10:21 AM
  #372
AquaticBirdman
Registered User
 
AquaticBirdman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,704
vCash: 500
This is the best MAF has looked since the 09 playoffs. And it's not just about #'s either. If you actually watch the way he's been playing he looks ridiculously confident and steady out there.

Oh, and what a steal Jokinen was for us! Well done again, Ray!

Lastly, I don't see how Del Zotto got away with that elbow. If there's one time I don't mine Cooke going back to his old antics, it was last night. That hit was absolutely ********!

AquaticBirdman is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 10:28 AM
  #373
lastcupever75
Philip thenet Kessel
 
lastcupever75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,121
vCash: 500
Best line of the night was from ranger announcer joe micaletti.
Describing Murray... He says he's a big physical, mean defenseman... 6'2 240 lbs of MAN

Lol

lastcupever75 is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 10:31 AM
  #374
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 46,291
vCash: 500
If Neal was playing RW, that play never happens. Thanks, Dan.

Ogrezilla is online now  
Old
04-06-2013, 10:33 AM
  #375
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 55,959
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticBirdman View Post
This is the best MAF has looked since the 09 playoffs. And it's not just about #'s either. If you actually watch the way he's been playing he looks ridiculously confident and steady out there.

Oh, and what a steal Jokinen was for us! Well done again, Ray!

Lastly, I don't see how Del Zotto got away with that elbow. If there's one time I don't mine Cooke going back to his old antics, it was last night. That hit was absolutely ********!
Agreed about Flower and he wasn't even trying to make absurdly hard saves. He was still doing his simplistic style and just killed it with athleticism when needed.

Best game, by far, since the 09 playoffs.

ColePens is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.