HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

NYR/PIT 3/4 aint bad...

View Poll Results: POTG
Clowe me maybe 4 4.55%
Byron Boyler 1 1.14%
Ryan 1 move Callahan 0 0%
Split Save Henrik 18 20.45%
CalidubDelZotto 7 7.95%
McDonut 0 0%
Rick Nashty 17 19.32%
Bucky Beaver Richards 0 0%
Derek Stepen on Stepan 4 4.55%
Derek Gretzky Brassard 6 6.82%
Anton Stral.... I give up 1 1.14%
Dan Wide Girardi 0 0%
John ****ing Moore 2 2.27%
Steve Eminger? 0 0%
I am running out of options. 4 4.55%
Marc Staals Ghost 4 4.55%
Should we have won this game? 20 22.73%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2013, 08:19 AM
  #301
Mondello
Makin' the scene...
 
Mondello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PGH, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR135 View Post
Man those Pitt announcers are pretty bad. I've watched games on ROOT before but luckily tonight I was at home and could watch it on MSG. However, I just watched the replay of Nasher's goal on Nhl.com and noticed their color guy was going on and on after they scored about how Sutter "tried to play the puck with his hand and a penalty should've been called and whistled before the goal" UMMMMM.....this guy is paid to be a color analyst in hockey and didn't understand that:

1. Sutter's glove was closed around his stick, he tried to push the puck forward with his closed glove which is legal.
2. For a penalty to be called his hand would have to be off his stick, glove opened and to put his opened glove over the puck
3. For a play to be whistled down on a delayed penalty the team who committed the infraction would have to gain full control of the puck
4. Nobody on Pitt ever gained control of the puck
5. After Sutter "touched" the puck with his glove, Stepan gained control and passed it to Nash who scored.
6. Even if the refs were dumb enough to confuse the new rule with what Sutter did (which was totally legal) the play wouldn't have been blown down before the goal because Pitt never gained control of the puck.

And this guy is paid to "analyze" hockey for a television audience? Awful.
This reads authoritatively, but, sorry champ, you're wrong. Read the rulebook again.

Mondello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:32 AM
  #302
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
Clowe has 2 goals for the entire year.

But it's the things off the puck that he does well. His line played fantastic tonight.

My God, people. Stop looking at this game black/white.


We were CREATIVE with the puck tonight. Our passing, movement, and onslaught in their zone was awesome. At times I was wondering if we were on a powerplay with the amount of zone and offensive time in their zone.

They're tied for being the BEST team in the league. And we dominated them and took 3/4.


Stop. Nit-picking.
Yes! So happy with this. The fact that it lasted two games in row tells me it wasn't a total fluke. Actual real offensive pressure. I kept saying last night if they play like this goals will come.

The old Gaborik led offense would have had 3 shots in the third period precisely placed in the geographic center of fleury's chest and we get 0 points.

Last week I was debating 'why even make the playoffs?' because they would maybe win 1 game in the first round. If they play like this they can beat anyone. I am not saying they are faves for the SC but now there's a chance - last week there was none.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:41 AM
  #303
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,474
vCash: 500
Didn't get a chance to post last night, but Rangers dominated the game and deserved to win. Fleury decided to have one of those nights where almost nothing gets past him and that was the difference. Plus having Jussi Jokinen in shootouts is like having game genie or something.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:44 AM
  #304
egelband
Registered User
 
egelband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: north finchley
Country: United States
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Personally I hate that ****ing team more than any other and it's not even close though the Devils come in second.
the pens are in a category all by themselves. they play dirty and then, on the other hand, whine whenever they get touched. i can't think of another team even close to them in terms of how dangerous they play. the devils don't compare. they're rivals, too, but, since scott stevens left, they don't employ anyone who plays to cause injury. they are professionals. i don't understand how the penguins can continue to get away with it...

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:50 AM
  #305
egelband
Registered User
 
egelband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: north finchley
Country: United States
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN88 View Post
Is this the New York Rangers ?!?!?

Players sticking up for each other, Pittsburg gettig the **** treatment, loooove it!

I love this team! Can't wait for tonight!

Oh and of course any bias is ****ing gay, Pens bias is like terminal cancer ...
no one on the pens got punished. i'm not satisfied at all. until the rangers make opponents play with respect, i don't see anything new. i have hope that things will change, but as of now, the jury's still out.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:57 AM
  #306
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
no one on the pens got punished. i'm not satisfied at all. until the rangers make opponents play with respect, i don't see anything new. i have hope that things will change, but as of now, the jury's still out.
Tough to "punish" guys when you're down a goal in the third and taking a retaliatory penalty can mean losing the game.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:01 AM
  #307
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,853
vCash: 500
Very happy with the Rangers game and with the one point. This is the type of road point the Rangers have been lacking. If not for Fluery this is two points in the bank. It was important they built on their last effort and had a creative 60 minute effort. The way the new players decide to move the puck really helps the flow of their game, more of it towards the middle of the ice, yet still controlling it well against the boards.

Should refs be allowed to pick up a glove and assist the other team like that?? Was a little bewildered by that.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:05 AM
  #308
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Abingdon, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,557
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
no one on the pens got punished. i'm not satisfied at all. until the rangers make opponents play with respect, i don't see anything new. i have hope that things will change, but as of now, the jury's still out.
If we "punish the pens", there is significant possibility we don't tie it up. That point can be the difference between playoffs and no playoffs. I understand the desire to want to see the ArmPitts get their ***** kicked, but you have to be smart about it.

Edit* also did you not see when DZ just threw Malkin to the ice like a Ragdoll? I am not really sure what more you want!

__________________
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction."
Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:08 AM
  #309
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
no one on the pens got punished. i'm not satisfied at all. until the rangers make opponents play with respect, i don't see anything new. i have hope that things will change, but as of now, the jury's still out.
I disagree. I thought MDZ's elbow to the face was the perfect kind of punishment because it was preemptive. Clearly Neal was going to hit from behind. I think MDZ has developed eyes in the back of his head. It was really sweet the way he slipped dupuis and let him ram himself into the boards and STILL get the penalty. lol That's the way to counter a dirty forecheck!

__________________
WIN NOW
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:10 AM
  #310
Graves94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
Bylsma is suggesting that DZ hit Neal intentionally in the face/head. I don't understand how that could be intentional, when he wasn't even facing him. I would use the word careless, but def not intentional, and that's why there was no penalty on the play. Also, def not suspension worthy, but you never know the influence of Mario and the Pitts org on the NHL...

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:13 AM
  #311
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
I disagree. I thought MDZ's elbow to the face was the perfect kind of punishment because it was preemptive. Clearly Neal was going to hit from behind. I think MDZ has developed eyes in the back of his head. It was really sweet the way he slipped dupuis and let him ram himself into the boards and STILL get the penalty. lol That's the way to counter a dirty forecheck!
Took me a second, haha. Sad part is this isn't that far off from some of the junk on the main boards.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:14 AM
  #312
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
I disagree. I thought MDZ's elbow to the face was the perfect kind of punishment because it was preemptive. Clearly Neal was going to hit from behind. I think MDZ has developed eyes in the back of his head. It was really sweet the way he slipped dupuis and let him ram himself into the boards and STILL get the penalty. lol That's the way to counter a dirty forecheck!
DuPuis made a stupid play.

But honestly, Del Zotto deserved some retribution. That was an awfully dirty elbow he threw and I fully expect him to be getting a call from the league today.


Last edited by Bleed Ranger Blue: 04-06-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:21 AM
  #313
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
Bylsma is suggesting that DZ hit Neal intentionally in the face/head. I don't understand how that could be intentional, when he wasn't even facing him. I would use the word careless, but def not intentional, and that's why there was no penalty on the play. Also, def not suspension worthy, but you never know the influence of Mario and the Pitts org on the NHL...
I dont think it was intentional, I think it was wreckless. Its also definitely suspension worthy - I wouldnt be surprised if he got a game.

And no, it doesnt matter if it was against the Pens, or the Panthers.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:28 AM
  #314
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,210
vCash: 500
I've seen Del Zotto make that play (high fast spin to angle his back/butt into an oncoming forechecker to protect himself heading into the boards) 500 times. If it's a reckless play every single collision near the boards is a reckless play.

If there were no injury we wouldn't even be discussing it. But there was, and that should play a part so I get that. But as a play it is being way overblown.

HatTrick Swayze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:29 AM
  #315
Graves94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I dont think it was intentional, I think it was wreckless. Its also definitely suspension worthy - I wouldnt be surprised if he got a game.

And no, it doesnt matter if it was against the Pens, or the Panthers.
I disagree. Its a hockey play and these types of hits happen from time to time. DZ is bracing for someone to hit him from behind and his instinct is to protect himseld by uaing his arms to absorb the hit. The fact that he hits him straight in the face is accidental, and hence why there was no penalty call on the play.
I do agree that he will get a call from the league today, and will be told to not be so wreckless or else...
BTW, It does make a difference (it shouldn't) if its the Pens or Panthers, because against the Pens, that call from the league is made much sooner.

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:31 AM
  #316
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I've seen Del Zotto make that play (high fast spin to angle his back/butt into an oncoming forechecker to protect himself heading into the boards) 500 times. If it's a reckless play every single collision near the boards is a reckless play.

If there were no injury we wouldn't even be discussing it. But there was, and that should play a part so I get that. But as a play it is being way overblown.
I mean, the end result is he elbowed Neal directly in the face - I wouldnt be surprised if hes concussed.

There was no intention, but the end result is the end result. I say he gets a game.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:32 AM
  #317
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
I disagree. Its a hockey play and these types of hits happen from time to time. DZ is bracing for someone to hit him from behind and his instinct is to protect himseld by uaing his arms to absorb the hit. The fact that he hits him straight in the face is accidental, and hence why there was no penalty call on the play.
I do agree that he will get a call from the league today, and will be told to not be so wreckless or else...
BTW, It does make a difference (it shouldn't) if its the Pens or Panthers, because against the Pens, that call from the league is made much sooner.
All I ask is that people stop being complete and utter homers over this.

People would be having a coronary if Brooks Orpik did the exact same thing to Nash.

The leagues pro-Penguin bias has also taken on a life of its own, making it awfully difficult to have a legitimate conversation regarding anything involving that team.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:36 AM
  #318
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,198
vCash: 50
Really impressed with Brassard. Man, this guy will turn out to be the best asset in a trade since McDonagh, mark my words. Stepan-lite going to be our 2nd line center soon. Great vision, good passing and his skating abilities are refreshing compared to what we usually have on our 3rd line. You can see Hagelin having the advantages of it. He made 2 mistakes but nobody's perfect.


The Good: Zuccarello, Brassard, Stepan, Lundqvist, McDonagh
HM: Nash for his goal, Clowe for fighting that POS and Del Zotto for arching his back when Neal came in
The Bad: Referees. Ai, I don't want to blame them since it's just childish, but the slash on Lundqvist was a disgrace. The ref (no. 19) looked at it, and then looked away.

The Redden: Nobody on our team. 60 minute effort, even by Richards. The guy is out of his slump.

__________________
There are two types of people in this world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data;
Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:38 AM
  #319
Graves94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
All I ask is that people stop being complete and utter homers over this.

People would be having a coronary if Brooks Orpik did the exact same thing to Nash.

The pro-Penguin bias has also taken on a life of its own, making it awfully difficult to have a legitimate conversation regarding anything involving that team.
I'm not being a homer. I'm just saying that It was an accidental hit and a suspension is not warranted.
Your suggesting that when someone gets a concussion, there should be a suspension all the time, because its a concussion/injury. I disagree totally.
Being a homer would be going crazy and asking for a suspension on Cooke, for slashing a defensless goalie in his crease

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:38 AM
  #320
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
All I ask is that people stop being complete and utter homers over this.

People would be having a coronary if Brooks Orpik did the exact same thing to Nash.
I mean while we're on Brooks Orpik...to me his knee on Stepan last year was much, much worse if we're talking about the actual play.

Orpik got nothing. And I personally think lack of injury played too large of a role in determining that.

HatTrick Swayze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:40 AM
  #321
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I mean while we're on Brooks Orpik...to me his knee on Stepan last year was much, much worse if we're talking about the actual play.

Orpik got nothing. And I personally think lack of injury played too large of a role in determining that.
Well thats one thing we can agree on. I think the NHL puts way too much emphasis on the extend of an injury when determining punishment, and sometimes it lets dumb players continue to do dumb things.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:42 AM
  #322
Graves94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I mean while we're on Brooks Orpik...to me his knee on Stepan last year was much, much worse if we're talking about the actual play.

Orpik got nothing. And I personally think lack of injury played too large of a role in determining that.
Stop with this crazy talk. You're being a homer

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:43 AM
  #323
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
I'm not being a homer. I'm just saying that It was an accidental hit and a suspension is not warranted.
Your suggesting that when someone gets a concussion, there should be a suspension all the time, because its a concussion/injury. I disagree totally.
Being a homer would be going crazy and asking for a suspension on Cooke, for slashing a defensless goalie in his crease
Im not suggesting that, at all.

Its not like Neal launched his face into Del Zotto's elbow. Are you suggesting Del Zotto's elbow is on the same plain of severity as Cooke's slash?

Because, if so, being a homer is a better excuse than having no idea whats going on.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:51 AM
  #324
Graves94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Im not suggesting that, at all.

Its not like Neal launched his face into Del Zotto's elbow. Are you suggesting Del Zotto's elbow is on the same plain of severity as Cooke's slash?
Look, I respect your view on this, and don't want to go on forever here, but are we looking at the same play here??
Is Neal standing still or is he coming towards DZ? It was a careless play but a hockey play. If he doesn't get hurt, we're not talking about this. I brought it up because Bylsma thinks it suspension worthy and I understand where he's coming from, in that one of his better players got hurt and might be concussed. The fact that there was not call on then play should tell you that it was not intentional.
I was playing with you on the Cooke slash on Hank, however that is more of a cheap shot and intentional than the DZ hit, especially since the league is trying to protect goalies at all costs.

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:51 AM
  #325
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I've seen Del Zotto make that play (high fast spin to angle his back/butt into an oncoming forechecker to protect himself heading into the boards) 500 times. If it's a reckless play every single collision near the boards is a reckless play.

If there were no injury we wouldn't even be discussing it. But there was, and that should play a part so I get that. But as a play it is being way overblown.
That's true enough--he has a way of spinning backwards and usually he seems to do it to get his body between the puck and the forechecker. I assume he does this because he's a little smaller and maybe not quite as strong as some of the players who are forechecking him. He did get the elbow up--considering the numerous cheap shots that Pens players have doled out over the years--the frequency of slewfoots by both Crosby and Malkin and Cooke's very often dirty play it's hard for me to get worked up about this. Maybe it's suspendable--it's at the very least a more innocent looking play than Cooke's slicing up Erik Karlsson's achilles earlier this season. Anyway I don't feel sorry for that team--I don't like them and they perpetrated the greater number of cheap shots last night. Sucks to be them if Neal is hurt.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.