HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYI at Caps. 7PM. 4.4.2013: Playoffs?!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2013, 09:27 PM
  #576
IafrateOvie34
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBuddy View Post
It's up in a Vancouver suburb. He and Cliff Ronning are also "shot consultants", which I think means you pay a bunch of money to watch a video of your sad-ass slapshot and hang out with one of them for an hour. I kind of want to go up and do it at some point, actually, since those were two of my favorite players.
Ah cool, if I move back into the Seattle area again, I'll be sure to check thought that out. Ronning was a great player also.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:30 PM
  #577
calicapsfan
Moderator
NFA
 
calicapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berserkly
Country: United States
Posts: 10,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
What I remember most about the Montreal series was the goaltender interference call in the 3rd period of game 7 in which no one touched the goaltender and no one was in the crease.
For all these many years of disappointment, that's easily a top-10 worst Caps moment. After the way they dominated that series and how hard they fought through Halak's performance. ****ing refs.

calicapsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:37 PM
  #578
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Overtime
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
It's not a coincidence that Jim Johnson has San Jose top 5 in GA/G and #3 in PK. Calle comes across as an incompetent coach in interviews because he is incompetent, and this was known before he was hired. I wouldn't trust him to run a NHL 13 team.

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:40 PM
  #579
IafrateOvie34
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
For all these many years of disappointment, that's easily a top-10 worst Caps moment. After the way they dominated that series and how hard they fought through Halak's performance. ****ing refs.
That and the 6.6 seconds left. I had a graduation dinner to go to for my youngest sister that game 7 and I remember sneaking and listening to the game. I blurted out "Damn you Green" when he took the penalty. Then the car battery died and I made it home just in time for the final five minutes. Such pain all these years. We're do some good luck sometime, I hope. The first round loss to the Rangers in 1986 and Lafontaine's Easter goal hurts.

1. Game 7 goal washed out in 2010
2. 6.6 seconds penalty by Ward in 2012
3. Jaromir Jagr game 7 goal in 1992
4. Joffrey Lupul's game 7 goal in 2008
5. Caps/Rangers 1st Round 1986
6. Take your pick of Game 7s with Pittsburgh.
7. Gonchar coughing up the puck to Straka
8. Lafontaine's Game 7 Easter goal.
9. Ray Ferraro killing us in 1993.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:40 PM
  #580
txpd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 48,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
For all these many years of disappointment, that's easily a top-10 worst Caps moment. After the way they dominated that series and how hard they fought through Halak's performance. ****ing refs.
even worse because they had gotten knuble for that exact play. some to go to the net at crunch time and the playoffs and create a goal. either off his own stick or by creating a screen and a distraction.

he was there for that. it worked. they scored. that one play in effect derailed the ovechkin era. all because knuble did what he was hired to do.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:47 PM
  #581
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,871
vCash: 500
The thing that got me was Game 7 vs the Flyers, the obvious interference, but the fact he shoved him right into the Caps goalie and it all stands, then Ovechkin hits Gill and they some how turn that goal over even though they can't and they gave the Caps the run around as far as explaining why they waived it off.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:54 PM
  #582
calicapsfan
Moderator
NFA
 
calicapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berserkly
Country: United States
Posts: 10,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
That and the 6.6 seconds left. I had a graduation dinner to go to for my youngest sister that game 7 and I remember sneaking and listening to the game. I blurted out "Damn you Green" when he took the penalty. Then the car battery died and I made it home just in time for the final five minutes. Such pain all these years. We're do some good luck sometime, I hope. The first round loss to the Rangers in 1986 and Lafontaine's Easter goal hurts.

1. Game 7 goal washed out in 2010
2. 6.6 seconds penalty by Ward in 2012
3. Jaromir Jagr game 7 goal in 1992
4. Joffrey Lupul's game 7 goal in 2008
5. Caps/Rangers 1st Round 1986
6. Take your pick of Game 7s with Pittsburgh.
7. Gonchar coughing up the puck to Straka
8. Lafontaine's Game 7 Easter goal.
9. Ray Ferraro killing us in 1993.

I'll just be sobbing in my whiskey...

calicapsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:54 PM
  #583
calicapsfan
Moderator
NFA
 
calicapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berserkly
Country: United States
Posts: 10,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
even worse because they had gotten knuble for that exact play. some to go to the net at crunch time and the playoffs and create a goal. either off his own stick or by creating a screen and a distraction.

he was there for that. it worked. they scored. that one play in effect derailed the ovechkin era. all because knuble did what he was hired to do.
indeed.

calicapsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:39 AM
  #584
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
That and the 6.6 seconds left. I had a graduation dinner to go to for my youngest sister that game 7 and I remember sneaking and listening to the game. I blurted out "Damn you Green" when he took the penalty. Then the car battery died and I made it home just in time for the final five minutes. Such pain all these years. We're do some good luck sometime, I hope. The first round loss to the Rangers in 1986 and Lafontaine's Easter goal hurts.

1. Game 7 goal washed out in 2010
2. 6.6 seconds penalty by Ward in 2012
3. Jaromir Jagr game 7 goal in 1992
4. Joffrey Lupul's game 7 goal in 2008
5. Caps/Rangers 1st Round 1986
6. Take your pick of Game 7s with Pittsburgh.
7. Gonchar coughing up the puck to Straka
8. Lafontaine's Game 7 Easter goal.
9. Ray Ferraro killing us in 1993.
John MacLean's tip goal due to weird offsides play that wasn't offsides in 88.

Tampa series in 03 where we were about to go up 3-0 before the Refs took over. Jagr mugged in corner and somehow they were awarded a 5-3 in OT.

Tampa series a couple years ago where pretty much all there goals were prayers chucked at the net that found a skate and went in.

Joe Juneau's weak penatly shot OT attempt (puck bouncing) vs Pens in 96.

Rick Tocchets goal from behind the net in 89 in game 6 when Peeters was doing all he can to choke the Caps hopes away.


There is much more FAIL to go around

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:45 AM
  #585
msrulo
Registered User
 
msrulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 류경6
Country: North Korea
Posts: 2,857
vCash: 500
I hate the bad memories, more recently it's game 5 and 7 against NYR.

Isles are coming strong again just like their time in the 70s and 80s.

History says the Caps are a complete fail.

msrulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:47 AM
  #586
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by msrulo View Post
I hate the bad memories, more recently it's game 5 and 7 against NYR.

Isles are coming strong again just like their time in the 70s and 80s.
Isles have a good competitive and fast team. But there is a problem with them..

Their 2 top D - Streit and Vishnovsky are older as is Nabakov. They need replacements for those guys soon as they rely heavily on them.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:52 AM
  #587
msrulo
Registered User
 
msrulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 류경6
Country: North Korea
Posts: 2,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Isles have a good competitive and fast team. But there is a problem with them..

Their 2 top D - Streit and Vishnovsky are older as is Nabakov. They need replacements for those guys soon as they rely heavily on them.
I agree. I think at least 2 of their prospects might come as replacements for these. They maybe a dangerous team in 1-2 years... Hopefully their prospects bust. If not, they will be Capital-killers for years to come.

msrulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:22 AM
  #588
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by msrulo View Post
I agree. I think at least 2 of their prospects might come as replacements for these. They maybe a dangerous team in 1-2 years... Hopefully their prospects bust. If not, they will be Capital-killers for years to come.
I don't know much about their prospects tbh. I do know some of their young guys like Hamonic have greatly improved

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:27 AM
  #589
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,978
vCash: 500
How about Caps down a man in OT against the Penguins,and Boyd Gordon just get's level behind the play, well away from the puck allowing Malkin to break up the ice and lead to the GWG in OT in essentially 5 on 3.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:30 AM
  #590
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
How about Caps down a man in OT against the Penguins,and Boyd Gordon just get's level behind the play, well away from the puck allowing Malkin to break up the ice and lead to the GWG in OT in essentially 5 on 3.
It actually led to a 5-on-3. Fedorov got called for tripping a few seconds after Malkin tripped Gordon (and Jurcina was the one who had taken the Caps penalty even though Feds got called for it).

Pens scored 5-on-3, deflected in by Poti that time, IINM.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:32 AM
  #591
Ovechkins Wodka
Registered User
 
Ovechkins Wodka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: DC
Posts: 5,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
That and the 6.6 seconds left. I had a graduation dinner to go to for my youngest sister that game 7 and I remember sneaking and listening to the game. I blurted out "Damn you Green" when he took the penalty. Then the car battery died and I made it home just in time for the final five minutes. Such pain all these years. We're do some good luck sometime, I hope. The first round loss to the Rangers in 1986 and Lafontaine's Easter goal hurts.

1. Game 7 goal washed out in 2010
2. 6.6 seconds penalty by Ward in 2012
3. Jaromir Jagr game 7 goal in 1992
4. Joffrey Lupul's game 7 goal in 2008
5. Caps/Rangers 1st Round 1986
6. Take your pick of Game 7s with Pittsburgh.
7. Gonchar coughing up the puck to Straka
8. Lafontaine's Game 7 Easter goal.
9. Ray Ferraro killing us in 1993.
St.Louis triple OT wrap around goal game 6 to knock us out after 2-0 series lead vs kiwi and doig lead D still ranks high for me

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:35 AM
  #592
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
How about Caps down a man in OT against the Penguins,and Boyd Gordon just get's level behind the play, well away from the puck allowing Malkin to break up the ice and lead to the GWG in OT in essentially 5 on 3.
That was brutal. The officiating that whole series was. 35-19 pp. game 3 was blatant.

Game 6 phantom slash call on Schultz when pens players stick broke w no one touching it. Awful

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:35 AM
  #593
g00n
Global Moderator
๑۩۞۩๑♩♪♫♬๑۩۞۩๑
 
g00n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,455
vCash: 500
Please. Stop. This is too painful.

g00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:24 AM
  #594
Dream Big
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by g00n View Post
Please. Stop. This is too painful.
Strange how the injustices against are etched deeper in the memory than those that go for you.

For some reason I thought in the Boston Series last year the final goal vs Tim Thomas may have been goalie interference if the same ref that called the Montreal against Knuble was officiating. Memory is a bit vague since we won.

Thoughts about D coach, Calle. Didn't Oates pick him? I'm guessing for a reason. Good I hope.

Wouldn't it be crazy if Oates wins a Stanley Cup his first year coaching? Now that would make a good story. Something to go along with his getting inducted to the HHOF and named coach on the same day.

Wishful thinking.

Dream Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:26 AM
  #595
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
That was brutal. The officiating that whole series was. 35-19 pp. game 3 was blatant.

Game 6 phantom slash call on Schultz when pens players stick broke w no one touching it. Awful
contrast the phantom goalie interference call the following year with the Crosscheck to the throat of Varly with no call in game 2. The crosscheck that was so bad there was marks on Varly's throat over a week later in the end of season interviews. Because HEAVEN FORBID Ovechkin got a hat trick and Crosby doesn't.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:28 AM
  #596
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 6,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
How about Caps down a man in OT against the Penguins,and Boyd Gordon just get's level behind the play, well away from the puck allowing Malkin to break up the ice and lead to the GWG in OT in essentially 5 on 3.
Was that the series where Kunitz cross checked Varlamov in the mask and no call and then Crosby subsequently scores. The next day the league fines Kunitz for the blatant cross check.

Now I see while I was posting this you were posting the same incident.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:28 AM
  #597
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Big View Post
Strange how the injustices against are etched deeper in the memory than those that go for you.

For some reason I thought in the Boston Series last year the final goal vs Tim Thomas may have been goalie interference if the same ref that called the Montreal against Knuble was officiating. Memory is a bit vague since we won.

Thoughts about D coach, Calle. Didn't Oates pick him? I'm guessing for a reason. Good I hope.

Wouldn't it be crazy if Oates wins a Stanley Cup his first year coaching? Now that would make a good story. Something to go along with his getting inducted to the HHOF and named coach on the same day.

Wishful thinking.
I can come up with a very game that went for us.

Spring 2008, Bill McCreary did what he does, and calls every penalty for the home team. I think the Caps got 5 or 6 straight PPs against the Flames, some of them very marginal. The Caps come from behind, win the game, Olie gets his 300th win, and it might have been his last with the Caps.

And we all remember Tim the toe lace Taylor.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:42 AM
  #598
txpd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 48,488
vCash: 500
after watching kunitz acting as if head injured after a check from boyle last night, i was reminded of how big a rat that guy is. he forgets that on his team, he shouldnt be playing with head injuries. then.....neal gets an elbow in the head and doesnt know where he is anymore. justice.

knuble didnt get goalie interference because he stopped and was playing the puck..or at least it looked that way. not a single nhl analyst suggested goalie interference.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:51 AM
  #599
g00n
Global Moderator
๑۩۞۩๑♩♪♫♬๑۩۞۩๑
 
g00n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Big View Post
Strange how the injustices against are etched deeper in the memory than those that go for you.

For some reason I thought in the Boston Series last year the final goal vs Tim Thomas may have been goalie interference if the same ref that called the Montreal against Knuble was officiating. Memory is a bit vague since we won.

Thoughts about D coach, Calle. Didn't Oates pick him? I'm guessing for a reason. Good I hope.

Wouldn't it be crazy if Oates wins a Stanley Cup his first year coaching? Now that would make a good story. Something to go along with his getting inducted to the HHOF and named coach on the same day.

Wishful thinking.

I thought the goal vs Boston was very questionable. I did not fully celebrate for quite a while because I was expecting it to be overturned. That doesn't make those old memories any less painful.

g00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:58 AM
  #600
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 28,359
vCash: 50
I didn't celebrate either. The goal was clearly not reviewed I believe in part because the Caps stormed the ice in a mass celebration. But I think it may have stood, Knuble almost appeared to try to play the puck only the puck never went the way he did.

It was fitting that it was ole man Knuble after Montreal. Gill throwing his arms up in the air, Halak falling over after the puck went through his legs; great sales jobs. The review only zoomed onto the back of knuble's blade which bows out; ignoring Gill had fronted Knuble and had a hand in where knuble was.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.