HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lets talk about Dave Bolland

Old
04-06-2013, 10:38 AM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
because kruger has gotten time as 2c this season and hasn't shown anything offensively to warrant doing it again. frolik-kruger-kane is also a small line with only one offensive threat.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Why should Frolik AND Krüger play on the 2nd line?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:43 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
They shouldn't. That's everyone's point.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:11 AM
rick hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
It's such a joke that Pirri doesn't get called up.
It might be that Q would find a line that had both Pirri and Kane scary defensively.

rick hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Neither should but

Frolik has been playing well as replacement top 6 for now and Kruger is upgrade over Bolland

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick hawk View Post
It might be that Q would find a line that had both Pirri and Kane scary defensively.
Simple solution

Hossa to Pirri's wing
Kane to Toews wing

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:48 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Simple solution

Hossa to Pirri's wing
Kane to Toews wing
should have done that a while ago. kane/toews have great chemistry and hossa's game is less likely to be negatively effected by a guy struggling like bolland.

Old
04-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Pepe Silvia

I don't know if Pirri is the answer at 2C, but before the season started I wanted the top 6 to be:

Saad Toews Kane
Sharp Pirri Hossa

It's a nice balance and puts Pirri with wingers that are good defensively. I'd say his offensive game is NHL ready.

Pepe Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
I don't know if Pirri is the answer at 2C, but before the season started I wanted the top 6 to be:

Saad Toews Kane
Sharp Pirri Hossa

It's a nice balance and puts Pirri with wingers that are good defensively. I'd say his offensive game is NHL ready.
That's the problem; no one knows what he can or can't do. Hasn't been given much of a shot. It would be nice to see what they have, if anything, in him as an NHL player. My viewing of Rockford is extremely limited so not sure what kind of year he's having there but it'd be nice to see him get a call and see what he can do.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 01:40 PM
rick hawk

Quote:
Simple solution

Hossa to Pirri's wing
Kane to Toews wing
That could work but lately Q seems to slot injury replacements into spots that cause the least disruption to existing lines.

rick hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:53 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

As has been said before, Sharp and Hossa can not cover up for Pirri's defensive play in the defensive zone. They can backcheck, but once the other team is established in the Hawks zone, the centre (Pirri) needs to be competent defensively. At this point, he's not.

That's the reason he's not gotten a chance, and until he shows meaningful improvement in that regard, he likely won't get a serious look under Q. It's all on Pirri at this point.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
As has been said before, Sharp and Hossa can not cover up for Pirri's defensive play in the defensive zone. They can backcheck, but once the other team is established in the Hawks zone, the centre (Pirri) needs to be competent defensively. At this point, he's not.

That's the reason he's not gotten a chance, and until he shows meaningful improvement in that regard, he likely won't get a serious look under Q. It's all on Pirri at this point.
Pirri is tied for 4th in AHL scoring while the Hawks are in an extremely comfortable playoff position. I'd be happy to take the chance on him for a game or two and see just how well he can adjust. Honestly it kind of sounded like Stan was interested in that too based on his interviews after the deadline.

That said, I still think the biggest reason Pirri hasn't been given a shot in the past month is that they're trying to make sure the Hogs get into the playoffs and Pirri is definitely one of the players leading the way. The Hogs are this year what the Hawks were last year, a team trying to outscore their problems. If you take the best scorer off that team, you sink them.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Pirri is tied for 4th in AHL scoring while the Hawks are in an extremely comfortable playoff position. I'd be happy to take the chance on him for a game or two and see just how well he can adjust. Honestly it kind of sounded like Stan was interested in that too based on his interviews after the deadline.

That said, I still think the biggest reason Pirri hasn't been given a shot in the past month is that they're trying to make sure the Hogs get into the playoffs and Pirri is definitely one of the players leading the way. The Hogs are this year what the Hawks were last year, a team trying to outscore their problems. If you take the best scorer off that team, you sink them.
That's just it, what's a couple of games at this point? The Hawks regulars that were in Rockford to start the season looked less than stellar down there too but we know and see how they are at the NHL level. Not sayin Pirri would turn into a Selke candidate but sometimes guys play up to their competition. Would just be nice to see what he can do. That's not excusing him if he's choosing not to work on that side of the game down there and it's really that bad then some of that's on him, but I don't know. He can't be THAT bad defensively, can he??

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:34 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Not to mention the fact that the coaching in Rockford is god awful. Pirri's defensive game would definitely go on the upswing if he's practicing with guys like Toews and Hossa.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

yes it would, but why change what is working? Pirri will get his chance next season, this season it's about the guys that have the NHL experience

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:00 PM
madgoat33

one thing you have to say about our coaching staff is that they turn forwards into good defensive players. frolik is an absolute beast defensively and as overpaid as he is from a lack of offense standpoint, he hounds the puck like crazy and consistently makes good defensive plays. then you got kruger; not to mention bickell and stalberg are also much better in their own zone then when they first got here.

Old
04-06-2013, 08:17 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Rockfords dmen are marginal AHLers at best. Maybe an emergency 7th NHL dman. Very poor talent level outside of maybe Clendening who has offense but is defensively challenged. Goaltending isnt going to challenge for any NHL backup spot either.

Hawks/Rockford need some serious infusion of higher grade blueline talent.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:24 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Most AHL players aren't going to be NHL players, so I don't get how their "talent level" is lower than any other club.

Montador's an NHL Dman. Clendening has top-4 potential. Olsen, Stanton, Dahlbeck and Lavin could all be bottom-pairing guys, and Lalonde's a career AHLer.

The biggest problem with Rockford's blueline is inexperience. Stanton's the most seasoned player on the blueline (outside of Montador) and it's only his 3rd Pro season. Olsen's in his 2nd full season, Lavin's in his 2nd season and Clendening and Dahlbeck are both in their rookie AHL seasons.

Old
04-06-2013, 08:41 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Most teams, at least the ones drafting dmen higher than what the Hawks have done have at least one if not several bluechip prospects in the pipeline. The Hawks imo have none.

Olsen was drafted as a #1. Pylon. I'm prepared to eat crow if this turns out differently. Doubt it. Barker v2.

Clendening. Great offense. I'm surprised at the numbers hes putting up and its impressive considering its his first year. Defensively, its quite another story.

Stanton. Hes about the most ready. Tops out at a 7th dman. I have no problem if the Hawks make him an emergency call up.

Lavin? Really. Had some pedigree playing with the USPDT but as a 5th round pick, Im not holding my breath.

Montador, not even in consideration b/c hes not a prospect and as soon as the Hawks are able to release him, hes out of here.

The blueline is inexperienced. So are many other AHL teams not named the Wolves. They are also on the lower spectrum of servicable talent.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:42 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post

Interesting ... haven't looked at it from that perspective, but you have a point.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:46 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Dylan Olsen and Cam Barker aren't comparable players. Barker's a big PMD, without much of an edge. Olsen's a defensive D, that's at times too aggressive trying to be physical.

Olsen's acceleration will likely always be a problem, but it shouldn't stop him from being an NHL Dman. He just needs to learn how to compensate for it.

If Clendening isn't a bluechip defensive prospect, than I'd love to hear who you hold in that regard in other systems, playing in the AHL.

Stanton tops out as a #5 Dman. He'd likely be in the NHL if he played on a lesser team.

Old
04-06-2013, 08:59 PM
digdug41982

I don't give rats ****ing ******* about the Hogs making the playoffs and to spite the Hawks' needs? No, I know Bowman cares but I think the big club takes priority and we could use a 2C like Pirri. He needs to be tried out before the POs, especially with the injuries.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:05 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Simple solution

Hossa to Pirri's wing
Kane to Toews wing
Absolutely!

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:09 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post

Saad Toews Kane
Sharp Pirri Hossa

There is no reason not to test this as soon as Sharp gets back. It is wrong not to test it this season with a crazy lead.

Old
04-06-2013, 11:12 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Most AHL players aren't going to be NHL players, so I don't get how their "talent level" is lower than any other club.

Montador's an NHL Dman. Clendening has top-4 potential. Olsen, Stanton, Dahlbeck and Lavin could all be bottom-pairing guys, and Lalonde's a career AHLer.

The biggest problem with Rockford's blueline is inexperience. Stanton's the most seasoned player on the blueline (outside of Montador) and it's only his 3rd Pro season. Olsen's in his 2nd full season, Lavin's in his 2nd season and Clendening and Dahlbeck are both in their rookie AHL seasons.

A lot of posters think Montador gets released. What do you think?