HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL TV news and discussion

Old
02-19-2013, 10:01 AM
russianhockey

vCash: 500
here in germany, a lot of the 3 mio. russian speakers, which lives here, have kartina.tv

i dont know exactly how it works, but the only thing which is needed for, is a internet success. it costs about 15 € a month.

there are all russian sport channels (incl. khl tv) and all broadcastings, movies and tv shows/series can also be watched also on demand. maybe something like that (i think its called IPTV) is also possible in slovakia?

http://kartina.tv/epg/

there are some interessting tv channels:

Спорт
Спорт 1
Спорт 3
Спорт HD
Супер спорт-HD
Футбол-HD
Телеканал КХЛ

when there is a question, i can ask some people i know, who have kartina.tv.

EDIT: i get through them page, and i think it must 100% work also in slovakia and there is also a possibility that the price is lower then here in germany.

russianhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:34 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I wish we could subscribe to KHL TV here in Slovakia! But it's not possible, except for some people in Košice who have Antik cable TV. I sent a request to my cable TV provider (Orange) to make KHL TV available here in Bratislava, but I have zero hope they will give a damn about trying to oblige me.

support you!

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:51 AM
ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
kajoo

You wrote that you did not hear about news for upcoming play-offs. Read. I have no time to translate, maybe later.
They say that almost every game will be available in HD, with intensive coverage and live studios during the whole day, so I got myself a nice new tv package with both KHL HD and Sport 1 HD today. Hope it's worth it.

ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:18 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
They say that almost every game will be available in HD, with intensive coverage and live studios during the whole day, so I got myself a nice new tv package with both KHL HD and Sport 1 HD today. Hope it's worth it.
and HI-MOTION camera Have no idea what it is

Old
02-19-2013, 12:44 PM
ult

Quote:
and HI-MOTION camera Have no idea what it is
Cameras with a speed of 1000 frames per second.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:20 PM
Faterson

russianhockeyDOTde, thanks for the tip. Kartina TV also costs €15 per month in Slovakia, and I'm sure for TV fans, it's a great deal. I'm no TV fan, though -- if I watch, say, 60 minutes of regular TV in an entire month, that's already a lot. Like I wrote to ult recently, I find TV old-fashioned -- something for our grandpas and grandmas.

On the other hand, I use my TV set (46-inch screen) every single day, to watch Internet content on it, usually via Apple TV. I watch NHL GameCenter Live every day, and the picture quality is fantastic: 10000% better than what regular cable TV gave us for the Riga vs. Slovan game!

So, if I could watch KHL TV via Apple TV, that would be great. And I know it's possible to do that via Kartina TV, but I'm not going to pay €15 per month just for KHL TV... Right now, I pay €19.99 per month both for high-speed FTTH internet and dozens of TV channels...

I'd be happy to pay, say, €2.50 per month for a sports package where KHL TV would be included. My provider Orange is, in fact, selling such a package of sports channels, but KHL TV isn't among them. So I wrote to Orange, asking them to make KHL TV available. I'm pessimistic, however, that this will have any success , although if they were smart, it could be attractive for subscribers. The KHL is a hit in Bratislava/Slovakia, and the tickets for Slovan's first-ever KHL play-off game were auctioned off at €60 per ticket... Wouldn't customers be (more) likely to pay €2.50 per month for a sports channels package if KHL TV was also included? Of course they would.

Faterson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:43 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
for 2.50 for month u get a big fat nada, lol

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:21 PM
Faterson

You're wrong. For €2.50 per month, anyone here can currently get:
  • Eurosport HD
  • Eurosport 2 HD
  • Nova Sport HD
  • Sport 1
  • Sport 2
You get all of that for €2.50 per month from Orange Fiber TV here in Slovakia. I simply asked Orange to add KHL TV to that package. Sport 1 and Sport 2 are the two crappy Czech-Hungarian TV channels to which the KHL sold Slovan rights this season.

In fact, as a loyal Orange customer, I'm getting that sports package for free this year, paying €0.00 per month for it. When the time comes to pay for the package, I will cancel it. Sport 1 and Sport 2 are crap with horrible picture quality, and I can't stand amateurish Czech announcers who spoil the enjoyment on the other 3 channels, although the picture quality there is great.

If, however, Orange adds KHL TV to the sports package, I would happily keep it for €2.50 per month, just for the sake of KHL TV. That's how simple it is.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:33 AM
kajoo

that´s misleading, Faterson. If you wanna get this package for €2,5 you gotta take Orange Fiber TV package (phone line, 60 TV channels + hi-speed internet) for €19.99 first. Thats 22,50/month. I´d give up my kidney for such a deal, sadly Fiber TV isnt avalaible in my place, so if you say "anyone here can get yadada" you are wrong, unfortuantely.

f.e. combo of Telekom´s phone line + dsl net costs me €39,90/month, + another €9,99 for the lousy Digi TV that doesnt even offer Sport 2. Then from time to time you fall into trap like me subscribing huste.tv "monthly pass" for 5,80 that basically offered one watchable stream (vs Severstal) during that month.

I think about Magio TV replacing Digi TV but knowing the situation at our market, and knowing my luck in that dpt, as soon as I remove DigiTV with Magio, KHL signs new TV deal with a Co. that will be not offered by my new provider. Most of cable TV operators pushing you into agreeing free installation in exchange for signing 2years contract, so you might easily end up with no KHL hockey with 2 years contract left with a new cable operator.

Edit: maybe I should also mention that I wrote to DigiTV and asked whether they plan to offer Sport2 and DajtoTV and got vague reply that they are in negotiations and they will be able to offer thsoe channels soon blah blah. Already lost any hope they really negotiate about anything, imo they dont give a puck about it and are just time wasting. Which would be fair had they told me right at the beginning, so I would have enough time to adapt myself, eventually change operator but these peeps made it sound like it´s gonna happen soon.

Last edited by kajoo: 02-20-2013 at 02:55 AM.
kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:56 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

IMO Sport TV will have KHL rights for Slovan, Lev in future 2-3 seasons at least. I can not imagine another broadcaster which would deal with KHL TV about Slovan/Lev.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:44 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

bloopers

Old
02-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
that´s misleading, Faterson.
It's not misleading -- I said clearly I'm paying my basic package of €19.99 per month, and in addition to this, you can purchase the sports channels package for €2.50.

Tonight, the picture from Dynamo Moscow's arena was decent, although the sound was out-of-sync for about the first 6 minutes of the game (announcers behind the action for 5 seconds or so).

Old
02-21-2013, 02:14 AM
kajoo

Quote:
It's not misleading -- I said clearly I'm paying my basic package of €19.99 per month, and in addition to this, you can purchase the sports channels package for €2.50.
ok, maybe it was only misleading for me and for cska78, never mind

Quote:
Tonight, the picture from Dynamo Moscow's arena was decent, although the sound was out-of-sync for about the first 6 minutes of the game (announcers behind the action for 5 seconds or so).
feel for you mate. I was watching live ticker on evysledky.sk, no technical difficulties, change of score was perfectly in time

Old
02-21-2013, 02:38 AM
kajoo

purchased Magio TV today, and cancelled DigiTV. Hope it will work for me.

Last edited by kajoo: 02-21-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Old
03-07-2013, 03:46 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

News from KHL, games Severstal v SKA from Cherepovets will be in HD for first time.

Old
03-07-2013, 04:23 AM
Spektanto

Quote:
News from KHL, games Severstal v SKA from Cherepovets will be in HD for first time.
Just 'cause the KHL lent Cherepovets league's cameras. Don't know about money, but the same was the previous year in the series Traktor vs Avangard.

Spektanto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:26 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektanto View Post
Just 'cause the KHL lent Cherepovets league's cameras. Don't know about money, but the same was the previous year in the series Traktor vs Avangard.
Of course, I know about it. It is not like Cherepovets bought new cameras. This is a proof that not every club/arena/city can afford it now, maybe in future.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:53 AM
ult

http://izvestia.ru/news/547235

Starting next season KHL will distribute the earnings among the teams, as well as compensate their spendings on improving of infrastructure.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:29 PM
airbus1094

vCash: 490
Quote:
http://izvestia.ru/news/547235

Starting next season KHL will distribute the earnings among the teams, as well as compensate their spendings on improving of infrastructure.
Nice to hear, can't wait for all of the highlights and games to be in HD, will be a lot better to watch!!!

airbus1094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:08 AM
BalticWarrior

Any news of which teams next season will get HD cameras?

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:45 AM
ult

A lot, if not everyone. We'll see.

Old
04-06-2013, 09:54 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
A lot, if not everyone. We'll see.
that is great. I know about Traktor, seems Slovan or Lev as well (because of Sport 2 HD)

Old
04-06-2013, 10:50 AM
ult

Well, they deemed KHL HD a huge success, and starting prices for the equipment are dropping down, so in the light of the new season changes it shouldn't be such a big problem.

Old
04-16-2013, 10:21 AM
ult

http://www.metallurg.ru/site/news/read/79595/

Metallurg Mg are upgrading to Full HD.

Old
04-16-2013, 10:22 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
http://www.metallurg.ru/site/news/read/79595/

Metallurg Mg are upgrading to Full HD.
I thoguht i would never live to see the day Very good,very good indeed,keep up the good work Magnitka!

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote