HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

(v4) Next Game: vs Boston | Apr 6 | 1pm ET/10am PT | J. Lackey vs J.A. Happ

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2013, 10:55 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

vCash: 500
derosa everyday at 3rd is risky

Old
04-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Scion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
It's not an ideal solution, but until one presents itself, Davis is surprisingly effective against lefties.
That is the platoon I would employ in the interim as well.

Old
04-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Just got back from the game, how loud was the booing on TV?

Old
04-05-2013, 11:22 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman19 View Post
Just got back from the game, how loud was the booing on TV?
noticable loud - only when farrell popped out of the dugout

any exciting things happen?

Old
04-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
noticable loud - only when farrell popped out of the dugout

any exciting things happen?
One fight, tons of idiots throwing paper planes on the field from the 500's (once one did it you get the copycat idiots), a bunch of underage rich kids drinking and then getting belligerent and one guy falling over trying to walk up the stairs, some idiot in a Oliver jersey heckling Butterfield all night (for some reason). So, pretty typical game.

It is what I saw on the TTC afterwards that threw me off lol.

Old
04-05-2013, 11:29 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

sounds like the crowd that couldnt get into opening night

Old
04-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Was a good atmosphere but it got very hostile by the 5th inning with the drunk kids picking fights with everyone thinking because they are in a group of 6-8 that it makes them bad *****.

Old
04-05-2013, 11:44 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman19 View Post
Was a good atmosphere but it got very hostile by the 5th inning with the drunk kids picking fights with everyone thinking because they are in a group of 6-8 that it makes them bad *****.
you gotta love the drunk group tough guys

Old
04-06-2013, 12:44 AM
HappyGilmourr

Quote:
It was a great atmosphere and I don't mind the tough guy act, if your stupid enough to wear a Boston jersey and hat in our section then damn right your gonna get an ear full... my section was great, Crowd was awesome. The game was great too, both teams left runners on base all game... Bonifacio's 2 errors really hurt the jays. Lind is still being Lind and Rasmus still sucks but he will be fine when he goes back down in the lineup. I hate lind with a passion though get him off this team. I'll probably go to the game tomorrow too.

Old
04-06-2013, 01:17 AM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

Still early but the bats have been inconsistent... And the errors keep coming. I have faith in this line-up except for Lind. Same old habits. GO BLUE JAYS!

Old
04-06-2013, 01:38 AM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

was at the game and it was great. we had the wave go around 3 times (backwards tho) saw a couple fights left field foul pole but i was 500s so i couldn't really see. it was packed and i don't mind the tough guy act, tbh i wouldn't mind toronto fans making a name for itself with the new sports teams we have (leafs and jays looking promising) being hostile and good for the home team, i could tell you reyes and company loved playing today.

Old
04-06-2013, 03:30 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Man, the atmosphere at the game was pretty great. It was just really awesome seeing everybody boo the **** out of Farrell at every chance they got. I don't know how loud it was on TV but it was pretty loud at the Stadium. A lots of booing on the Red Sox players too which I don't mind, because, whatever, screw the Red Sox. People were also throwing paper airplanes and bunch of them. I don't know if this has become a thing or something at the game or just random thing that picked up but people just kept throwing them for whatever reason. It was kinda funny seeing the staff people trying to figure out who is throwing them.

Fun game to be at. Usually, the games I go to, Jays end up being blowout so the change was nice. Jose Reyes is also the ****ing man. He was a beast tonight, the move he did early on at 3rd base where he got bit off the bag and enough to distract Middlebrooks was great. Also, I called his homerun. He came up and I said "I have a feeling he is going to hit a homerun" out loud and boom, he smacked one next pitch. I couldn't believe it myself. It was also pretty funny when I saw Melky ground into a force out and he thought the inning was over for a sec and proceeded to walk off the field (I don't know if it showed up on TV) but the 1st base coach pulled him back like "what the hell are you doing bro?". There was that one Adam Lind at-bat which I honestly thought was a homerun but became a routine flyout. Damn you Lind for getting my hopes up.

Bonifacio was a disaster. I think he had 4 strikeouts but it seemed like he went up there with swing and a miss, swing and a miss, swing and a miss in like every at-bat. The errors were laughable too on routine plays. This is why I wanted Izturis at 2B. Defense up the middle is important.

Cecil was also really awesome, and seemed to sit 93-94 most of the time and I think he struck out each out. Also, eat it haters. Jeffress coming in and giving up a HR on the 2nd pitch just took everything out of the crowd. A lot of the people started leaving right after that. Safe to say, he's blown his chance and will be the odd man out once Lawrie is ready to come back.

Old
04-06-2013, 07:38 AM
gtforepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKule View Post
It's only been 4 games. I'll say the same after 10 games too.

Come ***** to me when we hit 30 and are still hovering around .500.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
Those teams won the WS in those years.

The bottom line is this: every team in the MLB is going to have a stretch where they win 1 of 4 or 2 of 6. It's just way more magnified when it is happening at the begining of the season. When you're sitting at 45-25, losing 3 of 4 is not that magnified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
I do hate that we lost this one. Hopefully, we can take the series win though.

Good god some people can't be happy or even patient for a week. AA needs to make trades blah blah blah. He's made enough of them this off season. How about we get a little into the season before we start to panic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stakesishigh View Post
I'm not too worried but it does suck to be losing.

Hopefully the pressure doesn't get to them for too long.
It's a long season, and you gotta trust it.

Old
04-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Kadri 4 Hart

For people at the game, could you hear that one heckler screaming the entire game? Guy didn't stop lol

Bonifacio had one of the worst games I've seen, 4 k's and 3 errors.

Old
04-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadri 4 Hart View Post
For people at the game, could you hear that one heckler screaming the entire game? Guy didn't stop lol

Bonifacio had one of the worst games I've seen, 4 k's and 3 errors.
You would have to be close to the microphone to hear him whoever it was.

Old
04-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
It was a great atmosphere and I don't mind the tough guy act, if your stupid enough to wear a Boston jersey and hat in our section then damn right your gonna get an ear full... my section was great, Crowd was awesome. The game was great too, both teams left runners on base all game... Bonifacio's 2 errors really hurt the jays. Lind is still being Lind and Rasmus still sucks but he will be fine when he goes back down in the lineup. I hate lind with a passion though get him off this team. I'll probably go to the game tomorrow too.
They weren't doing it to people in Sox gear. They kept yelling and swearing when they had a bunch of kids sitting near them, the mother asked if they could please watch the language and to not yell it, they then started telling her to go **** herself and calling her the "C" word, so a bunch of people got upset and started backing her up. Whenever security came over they didn't make a peep but whenever they left they would start swearing at everyone who was telling them to calm down. Someone went and got a cop and he sat there for the last 3 innings which was basically shut them up for the rest of the game.

Old
04-06-2013, 10:10 AM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
lol where were you?

I was in 532 and beside some people blowing bubbles (seriously, who brings bubble blowers to a baseball game in a domed stadium in April?) it was actually pretty tame.

That was obviously going to be the drunkest crowd of the year though so it can't be much of a surprise...

Old
04-06-2013, 10:21 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Worth noting;
• Current Blue Jays have combined for a .340/.398/.519 line against Lackey in 171 plate appearances. Melky Cabrera is 12-for-33 (.364), Rajai Davis 10-for-26 (.385) and Adam Lind 14-for-26 (.538).

SOURCE: BlueJays.com

Old
04-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Worth noting;
Current Blue Jays have combined for a .340/.398/.519 line against Lackey in 171 plate appearances. Melky Cabrera is 12-for-33 (.364), Rajai Davis 10-for-26 (.385) and Adam Lind 14-for-26 (.538).

SOURCE: BlueJays.com
Lackey is just a batting practice pitcher. If the Jays don't light him up today then I don't know what to say. Hoping for a nice beat down, and not a 10-8 game. I want a convincing victory.

Old
04-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Blue Jays-Official ‏@BlueJays 5m
Today's @BlueJays lineup:
Reyes-SS
Davis-RF
Cabrera-LF
Encarnacion-1b
Lind-DH
Arencibia-C
DeRosa-3b
Rasmus-CF
Bonifacio-2b
Happ-P

Blue Jays-Official ‏@BlueJays 1m
Gibby on Bautista - He still didn't feel quite right this morning. It's a long season, no point putting him in a situation to reaggravate it

Old
04-06-2013, 11:26 AM
EastCoastSensFan

Happ really needs to have a good game and go at least 7 today. pen is working way to many innings and the defensive failings are increasing all of our pitchers pitch counts need a clean efficient game.

Old
04-06-2013, 11:26 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

bone at 2b again
wow

Old
04-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Shimso

Jeffress DFA;d and Bush called up

Hopefully Bautista's injury isn't enough to last longer than this series.

Old
04-06-2013, 11:35 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
was at the game and it was great. we had the wave go around 3 times (backwards tho) saw a couple fights left field foul pole but i was 500s so i couldn't really see. it was packed and i don't mind the tough guy act, tbh i wouldn't mind toronto fans making a name for itself with the new sports teams we have (leafs and jays looking promising) being hostile and good for the home team, i could tell you reyes and company loved playing today.
So you like fans ruining the experience of those around them by being aggressive and fighting around kids and families? Genius

Old
04-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

vCash: 50
Quote:
bone at 2b again
wow
Need to throw him right back into it.

Closed Thread