HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Tough loss 5-3

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2013, 03:35 PM
diceman934

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
Kessel should have been at the hash marks on the boards not circling away from there because his spider sense told him the pinching D may have hit him .
Every winger from Atom and up understand this concept....you make your self available for a breakout pass....by going to the wall and opening up to make your self available....not curl to the middle and remove the D mans only option.

If this was C Mac or Orr, Bozak etc, these individuals would rip them, and I would agree, but not Kessel, he can do no wrong. He was at his best last night, you could see the fear.

Like I said in my original post in this thread. For all the Younger posters on this site a new drinking game...every time Kessel skates behind the oppositions net for no reason you take a drink.....you would be hammered by mid second period. Never mind adding not stopping when he should.

Old
04-05-2013, 03:36 PM
MoeMoney

Yeah you know what it does leave a bad taste in my mouth that two goons injured Lupul and gave him a concussion and they both also came together to score a goal. HOWEVER, he did not drop Orr with two punches and you're clearly a troll calling Orr a goon while praising Rosehill, your agenda is obvious. That wasn't a real tilt and even if he lost, which he didn't, Orr has won more than his fair share this year so it's not a big deal. The fact that Lupul is out is the most depressing thought for many fans right now, you coming in here and posting this thread is trolling trying to rub it in, someone should give you a few infractions so you can't start anymore threads.

Old
04-05-2013, 03:38 PM
MoeMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo2626 View Post
I know he scored against us last night, but McLaren has as many goals this season as Rosehill does in his entire career (a whopping 3.) McLaren's also 2 inches taller, 20 pounds heavier and a tier above in the fighting world. Plus he laughed in Josh Gorge's face.
McLaren is the HW Champion in the NHL.

Old
04-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Eb
TML

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMoney View Post
I never thought about that.

Orr is still 1A or 1B though.

Old
04-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Mike1

Carlyle's usage of Grabovski is just awful. Putting him with Komarov/McClement/Orr is just a idiotic waste of this player & his abilities.

The Leafs might be winning under this guy but I'm not a huge fan....some of the things he decides to do is just awful.

Old
04-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Koolboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1 View Post
Carlyle's usage of Grabovski is just awful. Putting him with Komarov/McClement/Orr is just a idiotic waste of this player & his abilities.

The Leafs might be winning under this guy but I'm not a huge fan....some of the things he decides to do is just awful.
This
his coaching has been good but if it wasn't for Kadri he would have been where Wison was last year

Old
04-05-2013, 03:59 PM
MoeMoney

Quote:

Have to agree, it just seems like Carlye really doesn't like Grabo, what do you expect him to do playing 4th line minutes with Orr and McLaren? Not playing him in a 20 man shoot-out was one thing, this is another. Not impressed with how we're using the 5.5million dollar man, he's being put in the doghouse on a nightly basis.

Old
04-05-2013, 04:02 PM
MoeMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
I never thought about that.

Orr is still 1A or 1B though.
Probably

Orr and McLaren on the 4th line with McClement is perfect for the playoffs. Orr knows how to fight, but if there was one guy I want to see going up against the other teams number 1 fighter it's definitely McLaren.

Old
04-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Trigger96

he never deserved 5.5 to begin with....
they should at least try him on the wing..

Old
04-05-2013, 04:30 PM
diceman934

Quote:
Have to agree, it just seems like Carlye really doesn't like Grabo, what do you expect him to do playing 4th line minutes with Orr and McLaren? Not playing him in a 20 man shoot-out was one thing, this is another. Not impressed with how we're using the 5.5million dollar man, he's being put in the doghouse on a nightly basis.
Carlyle is doing what he has to do.....he is playing players in positions that he would not play them in if he had options.

WE have as centers

Bozak
Kadri
Garbo
McClement

Those are his options, he knows he needs another center that can play in the top 6 but he does not have that so he has to use the players he has. Kadri was too inexperienced at the start of the year and had many of the same line mates that Grabo has had all year.....the difference is that Kadri has produced and Grabo has not.

If we had a true 1st line center, Grabo gets moved, as we keep Kadri over him and he is not a 3rd line center.

Grabo is not getting 4th line minutes at all...he is on the second PP unit and was getting more ice time then most of the forwards until recently as Kadri is starting to get more minutes....rightfully so. As for his salary, we over paid him and his results have shown this. He produced nothing with the same linemates as he had in previous years.

A funny thing happened to C Mac he was moved as punishment for his contributions from the second line to the 3rd line with Kadri and he started to produce.....then Kulie was moved to play with Kadri and he started to produce. Frattin was producing playing with Kadri and nothing since being placed with Grabo....

Do I like all of Carlyle's decisions....nope but he is not misusing Grabo in any way.

Old
04-05-2013, 04:31 PM
hotpaws

vCash: 50
Quote:

Quote:
RC isn't perfect but I have no idea who people think Grabo should be playing with . Grabo is puck dominate and has limited vision and sense for the game . He works his ass off but doesn't accomplish much and doesn't use his line mates . Kadri has cemented his spot and since Grabo won't work well with PK that only leaves the 3rd line .

If you look at some of the wingers he's had this year none of them have benefited by playing with him . Both Frattin and Kul's offensive production have been crap but they produced well when playing with Kads .

Old
04-05-2013, 04:40 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
RC isn't perfect but I have no idea who people think Grabo should be playing with . Grabo is puck dominate and has limited vision and sense for the game . He works his ass off but doesn't accomplish much and doesn't use his line mates . Kadri has cemented his spot and since Grabo won't work well with PK that only leaves the 3rd line .

If you look at some of the wingers he's had this year none of them have benefited by playing with him . Both Frattin and Kul's offensive production have been crap but they produced well when playing with Kads .
I agree with you on every point made. This is also the reason I believe grabovski is either traded or bought out in the summer. The leafs will resign Bozak and go forward at center with Bozak,Kadri and McClement next year as the 1-2-3 centers.

Old
04-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Sundinology
The Holiest Mackinaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Finally someone on this board is making some sense

Old
04-05-2013, 06:47 PM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post
We're a tough team, sure.
TBH, I couldn't give a crap about being a "tough team". If anything last night proved that having guys like Orr and McLaren in the lineup do very little to prevent your star players from getting rocked. So Lupul, arguably the best forward on the team, gets smashed by two guys at the same time while two behemoths are on the bench prevented nothing. The damage was done even if Orr beats on Hartnell or Rosehill....big deal. Not sure why Carlyle loves to play those tough guys so much. I dont get it. Of course many of you will respond with the standard Don Cherry answers, with players playing taller and all that rhetoric. Skill wins hockey games. The only revenge for that Lupul sandwich was for the Leafs to respond by beating the Flyers who are fighting for their playoff lives. But they didn't and the Flyers are very much alive and Lupul, the hottest player in the NHL will miss how many games?

Last edited by hockeyfanz: 04-05-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old
04-05-2013, 06:51 PM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
Probably

Orr and McLaren on the 4th line with McClement is perfect for the playoffs. Orr knows how to fight, but if there was one guy I want to see going up against the other teams number 1 fighter it's definitely McLaren.
This is such a fail for playoffs. Gawd...have you seen playoff hockey that wasnt played in the 70's? After the first round there are virtually no fights. The sideshow goonsquad sits.

Old
04-06-2013, 10:24 AM
MapleLeafGardens*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
This is such a fail for playoffs. Gawd...have you seen playoff hockey that wasnt played in the 70's? After the first round there are virtually no fights. The sideshow goonsquad sits.
Agreed epic fail of a poster...LOL...Orr & Fraser will both be in the press box if the Leafs make the playoffs he clearly knows nothing about what he is talking about shame his mother lets him post off her internet connection to make a fool of himself here.

Old
04-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Let's move on to the next game. GDT is up.