HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

NYI at Caps. 7PM. 4.4.2013: Playoffs?!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2013, 10:36 AM
  #601
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca
 
AlexBrovechkin8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Old Town, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,752
vCash: 500
Joel Wards double minor against the Rags. We win that series without that penalty.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:38 AM
  #602
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 View Post
Joel Wards double minor against the Rags. We win that series without that penalty.
Heck, we win the series if Beagle wins the faceoff afterwards.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:43 AM
  #603
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,219
vCash: 500
Caps Board = sadomasicism disorder

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:54 AM
  #604
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 View Post
Joel Wards double minor against the Rags. We win that series without that penalty.
Yes, but that was a legit, if unfortunate, call. That was not getting screwed by the refs.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:46 AM
  #605
calicapsfan
Moderator
NFA
 
calicapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berserkly
Country: United States
Posts: 11,782
vCash: 500
I hate you all.

calicapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:03 PM
  #606
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke
 
PuckBuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,887
vCash: 500
I think Petr Nedved's 4OT goal should be on here somewhere. That broke the series and I think that Caps team could have gone as far as in '97.

I'd hate to lend credence to the idea that all Caps hfboards posters are semi-closeted sadists, but I ran into a half-hour of that 1996 ECQF Game 4 on youtube. Watching dead-puck-era playoff hockey after a steady diet of new-NHL regular season hockey is mind-blowing.. OMG! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!! THESE ARE ALL PENALTIES!!! EVERYTHING'S A ****ING PENALTY!!

PuckBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:21 PM
  #607
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBuddy View Post
I think Petr Nedved's 4OT goal should be on here somewhere. That broke the series and I think that Caps team could have gone as far as in '97.

I'd hate to lend credence to the idea that all Caps hfboards posters are semi-closeted sadists, but I ran into a half-hour of that 1996 ECQF Game 4 on youtube. Watching dead-puck-era playoff hockey after a steady diet of new-NHL regular season hockey is mind-blowing.. OMG! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!! THESE ARE ALL PENALTIES!!! EVERYTHING'S A ****ING PENALTY!!
Hear that. I just got the Caps 10 greatest game DVD and watched a few of those older games and it was exactly as you say. Night and day difference

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:29 PM
  #608
calicapsfan
Moderator
NFA
 
calicapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berserkly
Country: United States
Posts: 11,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Hear that. I just got the Caps 10 greatest game DVD and watched a few of those older games and it was exactly as you say. Night and day difference
Which Ovie games are on there? Mtl 4-goal and Pitt hat trick my guesses.

calicapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:54 PM
  #609
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry
 
stanleycaps98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chocolate City
Posts: 4,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by g00n View Post
Please. Stop. This is too painful.
Really.

I was at the Nedved game, watched the replay many times - still no idea where that puck went in. It just did.

stanleycaps98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 06:21 PM
  #610
usiel
Registered User
 
usiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Klendathu
Posts: 10,755
vCash: 1480
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleycaps98 View Post
Really.

I was at the Nedved game, watched the replay many times - still no idea where that puck went in. It just did.
Me too. Was at that game and was sitting 15 rows or so from behind Kolzig. Perfect shot. Probably was a puck width or so window to get past Kolzig.

__________________
True Story™®©
usiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.