HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Metro channel

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

vCash: 500
Awards:
Metro channel

I just got Direct TV and now I will be forced to go to a bar to watch the game tonight because the game is on Metro channel and it's available through cable only. One thing I don't understand if you get Center Ice how come you still can't get the game, why can't you get the Pittsburgh feed?

This sucks!!!

Old
12-27-2003, 11:31 AM
Brodeur

You can't get the game because they assume you have it already on cable. For some reason, Center Ice assumes I get Ducks games in San Diego, but I don't.....not that I'm really complaining about never seeing any Ducks hockey.

Old
12-27-2003, 11:37 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
You can't get the game because they assume you have it already on cable. For some reason, Center Ice assumes I get Ducks games in San Diego, but I don't.....not that I'm really complaining about never seeing any Ducks hockey.
So your telling me that Direct TV doesn't even bother to check if we get the games, they just assume? I'd imagine people have complained and gotten no where, who am I exactly dealing with this satailite company
a-holes? By the way after I got Direct TV I heard a rumor that the hockey packages will be available to cable in the future.

Old
12-27-2003, 12:12 PM
18Sarge

Send a message via ICQ to 18Sarge
Lou is God, where do you live. I have never had a problem with Center ice and Metro. Either they actually give you the metro feed or the other teams feed. But i dont live in NJ.

Also the thing about cable companies offering Center Ice. Many do already in areas that hockey is popular. Normally tough you need digital to get it.

Old
12-27-2003, 12:15 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Sarge
Lou is God, where do you live. I have never had a problem with Center ice and Metro. Either they actually give you the metro feed or the other teams feed. But i dont live in NJ.

Also the thing about cable companies offering Center Ice. Many do already in areas that hockey is popular. Normally tough you need digital to get it.
Yep I live in NJ, and it's a problem, if you have Direct TV and it's on Metro it's time to get the radio out.

Old
12-27-2003, 01:23 PM
MikeF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
? By the way after I got Direct TV I heard a rumor that the hockey packages will be available to cable in the future.
I get Center Ice through Time Warner Digital cable.

Old
12-27-2003, 10:08 PM
NJDevs430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
I just got Direct TV and now I will be forced to go to a bar to watch the game tonight because the game is on Metro channel and it's available through cable only. One thing I don't understand if you get Center Ice how come you still can't get the game, why can't you get the Pittsburgh feed?

This sucks!!! :rant:
Where in NJ do you live? Do you get Devils games that are not on Metro on Center Ice or FSNY?
Cablevision really owns a monopoly in this respect...if you don't have Cablevision and live in NJ and want to see Metro games...you're screwed.
I'm at my folks place over the holidays, and was not able to see the game.
<)-:{

Old
12-28-2003, 06:56 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs430
Where in NJ do you live? Do you get Devils games that are not on Metro on Center Ice or FSNY?
Cablevision really owns a monopoly in this respect...if you don't have Cablevision and live in NJ and want to see Metro games...you're screwed.
I'm at my folks place over the holidays, and was not able to see the game.
<)-:{
Sayreville. I had Cablevision (sucks) before I got Direct TV, and getting the games on Metro was no problem. I still haven't ordered Center Ice (soon will) but from what I understand it still wouldn't solve my problems when the games are put on Metro. And that point you bring up is another reason why it's so stupid to put the games on Metro, even if you have cable it's no guarantee you'll see them unless you have Cablevision (sucks).

Closed Thread