HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Year End Top 20

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2013, 11:36 PM
  #76
KadoCH
Registered User
 
KadoCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 550
vCash: 500
Great list always appreciate the effort.

I'm a little higher on Beaulieu's upside I think he's our top prospect, but he does have some defensive warts so can definitely understand the reservations.

Huge Hudon fan here having seen him play against the Moose a few times and a couple other Q games and at the Summit Series in Halifax in the Summer. Looked as good as any one out there for Canada or Russia in the summer and the kind of guy you don't have to watch for he just stands out making smart/creative/dangerous offensive plays it seems like every shift.

Really think the size won't be an issue if he bulks up and keeps working on his skating. Here's hoping.

KadoCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:08 AM
  #77
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,394
vCash: 500
Not sure why Thrower would even be in the Top 10 with how he's played this year. Not entirely sold on Bennett either. Maybe I'm being a little harsh.

I believe Nygren should be ahead of guys like Didier and MacMillan as well, he's had an outstanding year.

Leblanc is still one of the Habs best pro prospects, no reason he shouldn't be ahead of Hudon, Bozon and Bennett. Without injury he proved fairly well that he has a future in the NHL. Something those players have yet to do.

Beaulieu probably has the highest upside of that top 5 group, if that counts for anything.

Not sure what the hype is with Hudon. I realize the Canadiens had an undersized rookie be successful with the club this year but... I didn't feel Hudon's season was that great, 71 pts in 56 games. I honestly would like to be convinced otherwise but I don't see him as the next Desharnais or Gallagher. Hopefully with a good year next year it'll be possible.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:26 AM
  #78
montreal
Time to Get Down
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Hungary
Posts: 23,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KadoCH View Post
Great list always appreciate the effort.

I'm a little higher on Beaulieu's upside I think he's our top prospect, but he does have some defensive warts so can definitely understand the reservations.

Huge Hudon fan here having seen him play against the Moose a few times and a couple other Q games and at the Summit Series in Halifax in the Summer. Looked as good as any one out there for Canada or Russia in the summer and the kind of guy you don't have to watch for he just stands out making smart/creative/dangerous offensive plays it seems like every shift.

Really think the size won't be an issue if he bulks up and keeps working on his skating. Here's hoping.
thanks. I was higher on Beaulieu but watching him night in and night out with the Dogs I've grown a little more concerned over the defensive holes he has. That said he's a top prospect because of his natural skills mixed with solid physical abilities for a 20 year old. Take last nights game as an example, Beaulieu scores one and sets up the game winner but it was his poor pinch that led to the goal that tied it 2-2. I'm not sure fans/coaching staff are going to be too happy if those errors pile up and become costly if we continue to be a team that every point counts to remain at top. So with the stakes raised, it will be interesting to see what they do going forward. I was actually glad to see him sent down as I thought he was out of position on several occassions and feared what would happen if he cost us a vital game.

For me I'd like to see the Habs work closely with him and not rush him to the NHL, as I would say it's a safe bet that he's an NHL regular in the next few years since he can do so much, but I don't know what impact his defensive issues will have in the long run. He's certainly one of our top prospects because he can take over a game and he has a lot of tools to work with, but imo there's going to have to be a better balance between the impressive offensive zone play vs the not so impressive defensive play.

That said it's only his first full season as a pro and the skill is certainly there which is always good to see. I'd like to see him get more games with the Habs next year but still spend much of the season in Hamilton unless injuries hit the back end hard.

I never saw Hudon play before this season and I must say I wasn't expecting too much from him but have since been impressed every time i watch him play as he is so creative with the puck and just seems to have "it" in terms of what to do in the offensive zone. He's smart and skilled but also seems to work hard and doesn't seem to mind getting his nose dirty by going to the prime scoring areas with the puck (which is huge imo). I just hope to see him improve a lot with the lower body strength, if he could work on his core like Desharnais has then I love his chances of being not only a solid NHLer but perhaps a high scoring one which let's face it, getting another solid NHLer alone from another 5th round pick would be good enough when you think of how hard it is for any 5th round pick to even make a dent in the NHL. Will be very interesting to see how it goes for him over the next couple years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Not sure why Thrower would even be in the Top 10 with how he's played this year. Not entirely sold on Bennett either. Maybe I'm being a little harsh.

I believe Nygren should be ahead of guys like Didier and MacMillan as well, he's had an outstanding year.

Leblanc is still one of the Habs best pro prospects, no reason he shouldn't be ahead of Hudon, Bozon and Bennett. Without injury he proved fairly well that he has a future in the NHL. Something those players have yet to do.

Beaulieu probably has the highest upside of that top 5 group, if that counts for anything.

Not sure what the hype is with Hudon. I realize the Canadiens had an undersized rookie be successful with the club this year but... I didn't feel Hudon's season was that great, 71 pts in 56 games. I honestly would like to be convinced otherwise but I don't see him as the next Desharnais or Gallagher. Hopefully with a good year next year it'll be possible.
Do you watch a lot of NCAA games? AHL games? How many Blades games did you happen to catch? What was it about Thrower that stood out to you? What do you think of Bennett's game?

For me in the games I saw of Thrower, I had concerns over his decision making in his own end at times but in the offensive zone he seems to know what to do and he brings a good mix of offensive skill to go with grit/physical play. He had a down year for sure but he was great the previous year and i'm counting on him having a good transition to the pro game next season. If Timmins saw something in him to draft Thrower that high, and he did rack up the points in his draft year, perhaps we should give him more time to see what he can do. Personally I like what i've seen enough to be excited about him being a pro for the Habs, although I must admit I don't put a lot of stock into CHL play good or bad as I get a better feel for them once they are in the AHL where I watch them night after night so we'll see as i could easily be wrong here.

I think Bennett is one of our more underrated prospects, although I do have my own concerns as his lack of size/strength/physical game may hamper him at the pro level. That said he's got outstanding mobility, moves so well and he's smart so he picks his spots well. He's also a very good puck mover but even better puck rusher as he uses his speed/mobility to get up ice in a hurry. He's made big strides in his defensive play although the lack of strength is where he's going to likely need to be put with someone big and strong ala Tinordi or somone like that. But until he turns pro it's anyones guess as to what he can do for us, I think he has top pairing upside as he can do most things well to very well but we'll have to see how it goes.

Nygren did have a breakout year for sure, he's older and I just don't know him that well so for me it's better to take caution as I have concerns over his defensive game and how he will do on the smaller ice. Didier I really like a lot, must admit it as i've seen him a number of times and while his upside likely isn't that high and his chances of being an impact NHLer may not be that good but he's a big boy already and at 19 he's likely not done fillling out. He moves really well for a big guy, he seems to enjoy throwing his weight around, have seen him throw some big hits. He also excells on the PK and blocking shots. I think he's someone that over time the Habs could really use. MacMillan has improved each year by a decent amount, he's got great speed/skating but also plays hard at both ends of the ice. Very good playmaker as well but shifty too. I do have big concerns about his lack of size/lower body strength as he is easily pushed off the puck but the Habs can take it slow with him and hopefully he improves physically over the next 3-4 years.

Leblanc I had to move down because he's looked so bad to me. I am not a stat guy, I watch as many games as possible year after year. I have been a big supporter of Leblanc as many around here should be able to confirm as I find he's played well enough at every level but this year he looks like a shell of himself as he's just not doing the things he did last year in Hamilton. I understand the injury issue and hopefully he can bounce back next year as I fully expect him to, but I must admit I have gotten much more concerned over his lack of lower body strength, skating, lack of top notch speed, overall strength issues that I did feel the need to drop him a few spots. If he rebounds next year and disspells my concerns then I will be more then happy to move him back up towards the top which is where I had him at the start of the year.

Hudon just flat out impresses me when I watch him, I really think he's going to be a good NHLer if he can overcome the lack of lower body strength and the injuries don't continue. He doesnt really play like DD or Gallagher, and at this stage it's too early in his development to really say for sure what kind of impact he can have at the pro level but for me I think that over the next couple years, things are going to look very good for Hudon if he can overcome the size/strength/injury issues.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:23 AM
  #79
NLHabsFan
Registered User
 
NLHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,267
vCash: 500
Love reading your lists and descriptions Montreal, appreciate your time and effort. I've been a big fan of Bennet since he was drafted. Thought he had a lot of potential, but was definitely a long term project. Figured he would need all 4 years in college (so would like to see him go back) and some AHL experience. But I find him strong in every aspect of the game. Smart player, great skater, good with the puck and without. My concern was always his size. He will need to improve his lower body strength to make an impact at the pro level. I believe his skating ability will keep him from getting punished physically though. Nice to hear he may be getting the C next season in the NCAA too. Thought he really stepped up as a leader there.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:22 PM
  #80
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
thanks. I was higher on Beaulieu but watching him night in and night out with the Dogs I've grown a little more concerned over the defensive holes he has. That said he's a top prospect because of his natural skills mixed with solid physical abilities for a 20 year old. Take last nights game as an example, Beaulieu scores one and sets up the game winner but it was his poor pinch that led to the goal that tied it 2-2. I'm not sure fans/coaching staff are going to be too happy if those errors pile up and become costly if we continue to be a team that every point counts to remain at top. So with the stakes raised, it will be interesting to see what they do going forward. I was actually glad to see him sent down as I thought he was out of position on several occassions and feared what would happen if he cost us a vital game.

For me I'd like to see the Habs work closely with him and not rush him to the NHL, as I would say it's a safe bet that he's an NHL regular in the next few years since he can do so much, but I don't know what impact his defensive issues will have in the long run. He's certainly one of our top prospects because he can take over a game and he has a lot of tools to work with, but imo there's going to have to be a better balance between the impressive offensive zone play vs the not so impressive defensive play.

That said it's only his first full season as a pro and the skill is certainly there which is always good to see. I'd like to see him get more games with the Habs next year but still spend much of the season in Hamilton unless injuries hit the back end hard.

I never saw Hudon play before this season and I must say I wasn't expecting too much from him but have since been impressed every time i watch him play as he is so creative with the puck and just seems to have "it" in terms of what to do in the offensive zone. He's smart and skilled but also seems to work hard and doesn't seem to mind getting his nose dirty by going to the prime scoring areas with the puck (which is huge imo). I just hope to see him improve a lot with the lower body strength, if he could work on his core like Desharnais has then I love his chances of being not only a solid NHLer but perhaps a high scoring one which let's face it, getting another solid NHLer alone from another 5th round pick would be good enough when you think of how hard it is for any 5th round pick to even make a dent in the NHL. Will be very interesting to see how it goes for him over the next couple years.



Do you watch a lot of NCAA games? AHL games? How many Blades games did you happen to catch? What was it about Thrower that stood out to you? What do you think of Bennett's game?

For me in the games I saw of Thrower, I had concerns over his decision making in his own end at times but in the offensive zone he seems to know what to do and he brings a good mix of offensive skill to go with grit/physical play. He had a down year for sure but he was great the previous year and i'm counting on him having a good transition to the pro game next season. If Timmins saw something in him to draft Thrower that high, and he did rack up the points in his draft year, perhaps we should give him more time to see what he can do. Personally I like what i've seen enough to be excited about him being a pro for the Habs, although I must admit I don't put a lot of stock into CHL play good or bad as I get a better feel for them once they are in the AHL where I watch them night after night so we'll see as i could easily be wrong here.

I think Bennett is one of our more underrated prospects, although I do have my own concerns as his lack of size/strength/physical game may hamper him at the pro level. That said he's got outstanding mobility, moves so well and he's smart so he picks his spots well. He's also a very good puck mover but even better puck rusher as he uses his speed/mobility to get up ice in a hurry. He's made big strides in his defensive play although the lack of strength is where he's going to likely need to be put with someone big and strong ala Tinordi or somone like that. But until he turns pro it's anyones guess as to what he can do for us, I think he has top pairing upside as he can do most things well to very well but we'll have to see how it goes.

Nygren did have a breakout year for sure, he's older and I just don't know him that well so for me it's better to take caution as I have concerns over his defensive game and how he will do on the smaller ice. Didier I really like a lot, must admit it as i've seen him a number of times and while his upside likely isn't that high and his chances of being an impact NHLer may not be that good but he's a big boy already and at 19 he's likely not done fillling out. He moves really well for a big guy, he seems to enjoy throwing his weight around, have seen him throw some big hits. He also excells on the PK and blocking shots. I think he's someone that over time the Habs could really use. MacMillan has improved each year by a decent amount, he's got great speed/skating but also plays hard at both ends of the ice. Very good playmaker as well but shifty too. I do have big concerns about his lack of size/lower body strength as he is easily pushed off the puck but the Habs can take it slow with him and hopefully he improves physically over the next 3-4 years.

Leblanc I had to move down because he's looked so bad to me. I am not a stat guy, I watch as many games as possible year after year. I have been a big supporter of Leblanc as many around here should be able to confirm as I find he's played well enough at every level but this year he looks like a shell of himself as he's just not doing the things he did last year in Hamilton. I understand the injury issue and hopefully he can bounce back next year as I fully expect him to, but I must admit I have gotten much more concerned over his lack of lower body strength, skating, lack of top notch speed, overall strength issues that I did feel the need to drop him a few spots. If he rebounds next year and disspells my concerns then I will be more then happy to move him back up towards the top which is where I had him at the start of the year.

Hudon just flat out impresses me when I watch him, I really think he's going to be a good NHLer if he can overcome the lack of lower body strength and the injuries don't continue. He doesnt really play like DD or Gallagher, and at this stage it's too early in his development to really say for sure what kind of impact he can have at the pro level but for me I think that over the next couple years, things are going to look very good for Hudon if he can overcome the size/strength/injury issues.
I think that is the best reply I've seen to a post, be it mine or otherwise since I started stalking HFBoards. Having lived in Saskatoon for most of this year I caught about half of the Blades games in person, several streamed Bulldogs games and only watched one streamed game with Bennett against Bowling Green, which after looking about seems to have been a poor indication of his skill level. Hudon I tracked mostly up until his injury at the WJC, kind of lost interest after that. So, obviously my sample size isn't quite what yours is. I will admit to not being a big fan of NCAA players. But I'll do my best to reply to your eloquent and well informed reply

Thrower:
-Seems to coast a lot when he isn't near the puck
-Makes too many poor decisions, seems to try and force plays. Makes the short term decision and not always the right one.
-Too focused on choosing between offensive and defensive responsibilities instead of just playing the game
-Don't feel he has the offensive skill to be a go-to guy in the pros and it doesn't seem he has the defensive awareness to make him a go-to guy in that regard

The biggest thing for me was that night after night he stood out negatively in the defensive zone and didn't deliver where it counted in the offensive zone (Especially being compared to Dietz). He's got a lot of tools to work with and who doesn't love the edge he usually plays with? I think he has the potential to be an NHL player but I would not feel comfortable ranking him above Louis Leblanc, a guy who proved that he was pro-ready before his injury. Having talked to a couple of guys closer to the team, I haven't heard the greatest things about him or his character, but I would argue these were pretty biased opinions, more about the coach than anything else. (Not that I presume to know the team, just went to a house party where some rumours were being thrown around)

I kept track of Nygren and Collberg pretty well all year through game recaps and a couple of live streams. I think you'd be very impressed with how well Nygren distributes and how well he controls the game. Very patient and very intelligent with and without the puck. I didn't feel his defensive ability really added or took away that much from his overall game. Not a liability, not a stalwart, just someone that can get the job done. Could be an Emelelin-like surprise in a couple years if and when he decides to come over.

Having only seen the one game of Bennett's, pretty sure he got injured in the game as well, and knowing how much you must have seen him, I can't say definitively how I feel about him. Your reasoning behind the ranking has been the best prospect write-up I've seen on him. Based on the one game I saw him play, I just don't feel he has the physical ability to get to the next level. Great skater but, I was very displeased with his defensive game and didn't feel his offensive potential was enough to make him a really good bet to play as a pro. Made mistakes and seemed shaky.

100% agree with you on Beaulieu, very excited to see how he turns out re: his defence. Will either end up being a great two-way player or a MA Bergeron/Kaberle hybrid. (that's a rough comparison)

Now you've got me excited about Hudon, intrigued with Bennett, and a little down about Leblanc (though I still think he'll be a solid NHL player)

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:44 PM
  #81
CaptainIginla
The king is back
 
CaptainIginla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Why do I not have the same amount of love for Kristo? What am I missing about this kid? Honestly why rank him higher than Leblanc at this point?
Overrated

CaptainIginla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 01:29 PM
  #82
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 806
vCash: 500
It's great to get an objective opinion on the progress of our prospects.
I really appreciate the amount of work that must go into this.

However I'm curious about Beaulieu. For "Montreal", or anyone who
watches him a lot this year. IIRC when he played in the Q, he was said
to have issues with his back-skating, and maybe pivots. Am I recalling
this correctly, and has he improved in this area? Or is it still a concern?

Habaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 02:36 PM
  #83
Westcoasthabsfan
Registered User
 
Westcoasthabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In Pandoras Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,218
vCash: 500
I enjoyed the read, with the upcoming draft hope to add a few more pieces to the puzzle

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:55 PM
  #84
Mats86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,706
vCash: 500
Close but you made a few errors. No problem I re-did them for you.

Top 20

1. Nathan Beaulieu - Has the wheels, can handle the puck. If he puts it all together could be homerun.
2. Danny Kristo - Certainly comes with the hype. Gonna get a chance to see if it is warranted with a few games pro.
3. Sebastian Collberg - Goal scoring Swede, something like Kristo we'll have a better feel for him after a few games in Hamilton.
4. Jarred Tinordi - Big, good wheels but have feeling he'll be 4-5 d-man tops.
5. Charles Hudon - Another 5th round steal by Timmins. Oozes hockey smarts.
6. Louis Leblanc - Had a bad year but still first round pick who played most of year with injury.
7. Darren Dietz - Another 5th round pick steal. See how he adjusts to pro game.
8. Gabriel Dumont - Good on faceoffs, solid defensive, decent wheels. Was impressive a few games in NHL. Has a future with Montreal.
9. Dustin Tokarski - Impressive after trade. 1.79 ggv and .942 s%
10. MichaŽl Bournival - Like to get a look at him with the big club.
11. Tim Bozon
12. Morgan Ellis
13. Mac Bennett
14. Dalton Thrower
15. Brady Vail
16. Magnus Nygren
17. Mark MacMillan
18 . Greg Pateryn
19. Patrick Holland
20. Josiah Didier

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 06:28 PM
  #85
montreal
Time to Get Down
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Hungary
Posts: 23,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
Love reading your lists and descriptions Montreal, appreciate your time and effort. I've been a big fan of Bennet since he was drafted. Thought he had a lot of potential, but was definitely a long term project. Figured he would need all 4 years in college (so would like to see him go back) and some AHL experience. But I find him strong in every aspect of the game. Smart player, great skater, good with the puck and without. My concern was always his size. He will need to improve his lower body strength to make an impact at the pro level. I believe his skating ability will keep him from getting punished physically though. Nice to hear he may be getting the C next season in the NCAA too. Thought he really stepped up as a leader there.
Thanks always good to hear. Assuming Bennett goes back to Michigan, hopefully he can add a little more mass/strength by the time the 2015 training camp gets under way. Should be very interesting to see how he adjusts to the AHL as he's got a lot of tools to work with. His coach talked about he was the leader on the defense this year before the injury so i'm not surprised to hear he's the C next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I think that is the best reply I've seen to a post, be it mine or otherwise since I started stalking HFBoards. Having lived in Saskatoon for most of this year I caught about half of the Blades games in person, several streamed Bulldogs games and only watched one streamed game with Bennett against Bowling Green, which after looking about seems to have been a poor indication of his skill level. Hudon I tracked mostly up until his injury at the WJC, kind of lost interest after that. So, obviously my sample size isn't quite what yours is. I will admit to not being a big fan of NCAA players. But I'll do my best to reply to your eloquent and well informed reply

Thrower:
-Seems to coast a lot when he isn't near the puck
-Makes too many poor decisions, seems to try and force plays. Makes the short term decision and not always the right one.
-Too focused on choosing between offensive and defensive responsibilities instead of just playing the game
-Don't feel he has the offensive skill to be a go-to guy in the pros and it doesn't seem he has the defensive awareness to make him a go-to guy in that regard

The biggest thing for me was that night after night he stood out negatively in the defensive zone and didn't deliver where it counted in the offensive zone (Especially being compared to Dietz). He's got a lot of tools to work with and who doesn't love the edge he usually plays with? I think he has the potential to be an NHL player but I would not feel comfortable ranking him above Louis Leblanc, a guy who proved that he was pro-ready before his injury. Having talked to a couple of guys closer to the team, I haven't heard the greatest things about him or his character, but I would argue these were pretty biased opinions, more about the coach than anything else. (Not that I presume to know the team, just went to a house party where some rumours were being thrown around)

I kept track of Nygren and Collberg pretty well all year through game recaps and a couple of live streams. I think you'd be very impressed with how well Nygren distributes and how well he controls the game. Very patient and very intelligent with and without the puck. I didn't feel his defensive ability really added or took away that much from his overall game. Not a liability, not a stalwart, just someone that can get the job done. Could be an Emelelin-like surprise in a couple years if and when he decides to come over.

Having only seen the one game of Bennett's, pretty sure he got injured in the game as well, and knowing how much you must have seen him, I can't say definitively how I feel about him. Your reasoning behind the ranking has been the best prospect write-up I've seen on him. Based on the one game I saw him play, I just don't feel he has the physical ability to get to the next level. Great skater but, I was very displeased with his defensive game and didn't feel his offensive potential was enough to make him a really good bet to play as a pro. Made mistakes and seemed shaky.

100% agree with you on Beaulieu, very excited to see how he turns out re: his defence. Will either end up being a great two-way player or a MA Bergeron/Kaberle hybrid. (that's a rough comparison)

Now you've got me excited about Hudon, intrigued with Bennett, and a little down about Leblanc (though I still think he'll be a solid NHL player)
On Thrower I agree with the poor decisions which is a legit concern. I think that with his shot and grit it should be enough to make him end up a solid NHLer down the road but I also don't have a great feel for him yet and won't till he's in the AHL. Since you have seen him more then I, I'll keep your points in mind next time I see him play (M Cup), so thanks for the info.

I know a lot of people around here weren't very happy with his play this year but in many of the games i saw he wasn't that bad and usually did something of note in the offensive zone. I did notice repeat poor decisions with the puck in his own end so I can see that's going to need improvement but I have to wonder if something isn't wrong with the system he was in as the Blades looked flat out terrible in the playoffs and for a team that's hosting the Memorial Cup I thought they would be much more prepared instead they looked completely lost.

Since Nygren's season is over im hoping they can get him signed and to Hamilton for the last few games. Would like to get a look at him since he likely will be back in the SEL next season.

Bennett I think will be fine since he's got the wheels, smarts and skills to be a solid players. Usually he's pretty solid in his own end but his lack of strength can get him into trouble and he will have the odd turnover here and there. His offensive game is based on being able to move the puck quickly or rush it up ice quickly so he loves to jump into the play which is also going to haunt him from time to time. We'll see how the lack of size effects him in the AHL this time next year im guessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
Overrated
Perhaps, i'm guessing you have watched him a lot at North Dakota?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
It's great to get an objective opinion on the progress of our prospects.
I really appreciate the amount of work that must go into this.

However I'm curious about Beaulieu. For "Montreal", or anyone who
watches him a lot this year. IIRC when he played in the Q, he was said
to have issues with his back-skating, and maybe pivots. Am I recalling
this correctly, and has he improved in this area? Or is it still a concern?
Thanks. Yes he still has issues with pivots but for the most part his skating is fine. I'd actually like to see him improve a good bit with lower body strength as he has the frame to be a lot more powerfull as he starts to fill out more over the next few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
I enjoyed the read, with the upcoming draft hope to add a few more pieces to the puzzle
thanks, the draft should get us several more pieces since we should be well positioned assuming no picks are traded on draft day. Should be very exciting to see what Timmins and his staff can scoop up with those extra picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Close but you made a few errors. No problem I re-did them for you.
How kind of you, i'm glad there's an expert in the house.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.