HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR/PIT 3/4 aint bad...

View Poll Results: POTG
Clowe me maybe 4 4.55%
Byron Boyler 1 1.14%
Ryan 1 move Callahan 0 0%
Split Save Henrik 18 20.45%
CalidubDelZotto 7 7.95%
McDonut 0 0%
Rick Nashty 17 19.32%
Bucky Beaver Richards 0 0%
Derek Stepen on Stepan 4 4.55%
Derek Gretzky Brassard 6 6.82%
Anton Stral.... I give up 1 1.14%
Dan Wide Girardi 0 0%
John ****ing Moore 2 2.27%
Steve Eminger? 0 0%
I am running out of options. 4 4.55%
Marc Staals Ghost 4 4.55%
Should we have won this game? 20 22.73%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Dupuis did get a penalty unless you're counting another charge? Don't remember the slash on Hagelin. Kunitz slashed Boyle in the side--right before Boyle took his penalty. He got Boyle in an exposed area and there's no way that was not deliberate--but it was a minor penalty. Cooke could have got a misconduct for going over towards our bench--at the very least the officials should have stopped that a lot sooner. IMO Murray didn't hit Boyle late he just hit him real hard.
Dupuis' could have been a major if it landed. He took a total run at MDZ.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR135 View Post
Isn't that only if you touch the puck before it touches a stick? Plus the way Sutter did it, with his had still fully on his stick, I don't know if any ref would've called it. My main point was them going on and on about how it should've been a goal because of a penalty, without realizing that the Penguins never got control of the puck so the play would've never been whistled down.

What's wrong about it? Isn't the penalty in the faceoff circle only called if you touch the puck with your glove before it touches a stick? Even so, Champ, my main point was that a penalty wouldn't be whistled down until the Penguins got control of the puck anyway.
I don't know, I think I remember times this year where a puck was moved illegally like that off a draw and it was blown pronto.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:27 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

vCash: 500
I don't think touching the puck on the faceoff is a delayed calls

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
I don't know, I think I remember times this year where a puck was moved illegally like that off a draw and it was blown pronto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
I don't think touching the puck on the faceoff is a delayed calls
Oh well **** me then. However, if you watch the replay Sutter didn't play the puck with his hand. They said he wanted to and it looked like he almost did but he hesitated which allowed Stepan to win the faceoff. So either way the whistle not being blown was the right call, my reasoning was just off lol

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:39 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Oh well **** me then. However, if you watch the replay Sutter didn't play the puck with his hand. They said he wanted to and it looked like he almost did but he hesitated which allowed Stepan to win the faceoff. So either way the whistle not being blown was the right call, my reasoning was just off lol
Doesn't even matter cuz in the end the moral of the story is, Pens tv crew sucks

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:48 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
I think it would be blacked out for us in NY because MSG had the broadcast.
Don't think that applies to replays

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaexAQD2Nvk

Boy, I was hoping Clowe would just jump in and start punching. Wise move though, we were down by 1 and had just earned a powerplay. Different circumstances I think he comes in and starts wailing away.

I love this guy already.
I've heard some amazing things from Pens announcers over the years. Stellar homer quality. I wish there were some better compilations on you tube.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I'm ****ing disgusted with Boyle. You can't get these kind of sick chances on a silver platter on not bank one in.
LOL you're "disgusted" about this? At least he was getting good scoring chances in the first place. Yeah it would be nice for him to score but a. MAF made some astounding saves and b. it's not like he's the most talented offensive player. If it was Nash or Richards then yeah, I'd be a little upset.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Cmox

So you guy think the Pens this season mentally rely on Sid the Kid too much? I've seen them win without him and Letang but now they just seem deflated.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 02:14 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanned On It View Post
LOL you're "disgusted" about this? At least he was getting good scoring chances in the first place. Yeah it would be nice for him to score but a. MAF made some astounding saves and b. it's not like he's the most talented offensive player. If it was Nash or Richards then yeah, I'd be a little upset.
but your 100% right..i love how hes playing.. i feel like he has his bash brow back with Clowe on the ice.. hes got swag back and playing so much more engaged.. how can someone be "disgusted" by his play.. bc he didn't score on that beauty of a save by MAF.. he stood on his head last night and if it wasnt for him it couldve easily have been 3-1..

relax this is the best we've see an entire TEAM play all year..not just individuals..

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

I think the chances Boyle have gotten lately would've been goals 2 seasons ago. He had a lot of roof shots back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I've heard some amazing things from Pens announcers over the years. Stellar homer quality. I wish there were some better compilations on you tube.
They are living in a whole other world. Spewing **** and brainwashing their viewers one after one.
Sam and Joe are honest and calls things as they are 99% of the time. They didn't even hesitate to call DZ's hit an elbow.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 02:40 PM
PTmbp13

If anyone knows, will the league take alook at little Matt "Seriously injured in the head" Cooke again. He is chopping goalies even when they have the puck. The ref see it, it looked like, but will they take a look at it afterwards?
Cooke is a little turd i like to meet in our beer league fer sure. He is a repat offender that told NHL he will stop that but, nah not really. He is plainly a coward!

The Zucc was sooo close with the shootout, 5hole and it would've gone in. Good luck tonight in Raleigh, beat ém!

PTmbp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Richter Scale

Quote:
Isn't that only if you touch the puck before it touches a stick? Plus the way Sutter did it, with his had still fully on his stick, I don't know if any ref would've called it. My main point was them going on and on about how it should've been a goal because of a penalty, without realizing that the Penguins never got control of the puck so the play would've never been whistled down.

What's wrong about it? Isn't the penalty in the faceoff circle only called if you touch the puck with your glove before it touches a stick? Even so, Champ, my main point was that a penalty wouldn't be whistled down until the Penguins got control of the puck anyway.
I agree - the Pitt announcers were god awful, and it was annoying that instead of really showing the goal replay, they were harping about the non-penalty; but you are just wrong here. You need to go read the rule book before you act (for a second time) like you know what you're talking about. Your first post was wrong, and what you're now claiming your "main point" was is wrong. So stop calling people 'champs' and acting like a badass who has a clue. Cuz you don't.

The new faceoff rules are as follows (Rule 76):

Quote:
76.4 Procedure - Centers:

Both players facing-off are prohibited from batting the puck with their hand in an attempt to win the face-off. Any attempt by either center to win the face-off by batting the puck with their hand shall result in a minor penalty. This penalty shall be announced as a "Minor Penalty for Delay of Game - Face-off Violation." Once the face-off is deemed complete (and winner of the face-off is clear), hand passes shall be enforced as per Rule 79."
1. It doesn't matter if the puck had hit a stick first, there was no clear winner of the faceoff at that point, so a handpass would have been a penalty. This penalty has already been called a few times this year despite the puck hitting a player's stick first because the faceoff had yet to be cleanly won.

2. Nor does your "main point" matter about possession of the puck. If Sutter touched the puck with his glove before the faceoff had been won by either party, the penalized team (Sutter is on the Pens) would have inherently touched the puck. The play would have been blown dead immediately if the ref thought it was penalty worthy.

This is not hard to understand. Stop embarassing yourself by calling someone trying to correct you a "champ" and talking down to him.

Here is a video of what they are trying to eliminate from the game with this rule: link.

--

All of that said, my guess is the reason it wasn't called is that Sutter didn't actually win the faceoff with this method. He may have touched the puck, but didn't use a batting motion, and obviously lost the faceoff. That, or the ref just missed it. Either way, the point is moot since Sutter didn't win the faceoff, and the Rangers got a goal - so be happy with the outcome. The Pens announcers were just being homers trying to find a reason why the goal shouldn't have counted. Get over it.

Last edited by Richter Scale: 04-06-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Richter Scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
Don't think that applies to replays
I think it does. MSG usually has replays anyway.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter Scale View Post
I agree - the Pitt announcers were god awful, and it was annoying that instead of really showing the goal replay, they were harping about the non-penalty; but you are just wrong here. You need to go read the rule book before you act (for a second time) like you know what you're talking about. Your first post was wrong, and what you're now claiming your "main point" was is wrong. So stop calling people 'champs' and acting like a badass who has a clue. Cuz you don't.

The new faceoff rules are as follows (Rule 76):

1. It doesn't matter if the puck had hit a stick first, there was no clear winner of the faceoff at that point, so a handpass would have been a penalty. This penalty has already been called a few times this year despite the puck hitting a player's stick first because the faceoff had yet to be cleanly won.

2. Nor does your "main point" matter about possession of the puck. If Sutter touched the puck with his glove before the faceoff had been won by either party, the penalized team (Sutter is on the Pens) would have inherently touched the puck. The play would have been blown dead immediately if the ref thought it was penalty worthy.

This is not hard to understand. Stop embarassing yourself by calling someone trying to correct you a "champ" and talking down to him.

Here is a video of what they are trying to eliminate from the game with this rule: link.

--

All of that said, my guess is the reason it wasn't called is that Sutter didn't actually win the faceoff with this method. He may have touched the puck, but didn't use a batting motion, and obviously lost the faceoff. That, or the ref just missed it. Either way, the point is moot since Sutter didn't win the faceoff, and the Rangers got a goal - so be happy with the outcome. The Pens announcers were just being homers trying to find a reason why the goal shouldn't have counted. Get over it.

What? I called the guy Champ back because he called me champ in his condescending post to begin with.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:39 AM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Tough to "punish" guys when you're down a goal in the third and taking a retaliatory penalty can mean losing the game.
i'm tired of this excuse. the rangers get pushed around and don't fight back because of the game situation. it just leads to more garbage.
sure, in any particular instance, it's the 'wise' thing to leave it to the refs. and that's fine, too. but, it has gone too far, the rangers need to play tougher and i would certainly give up a game here or there to really set the record straight. the first and last time in recent memory was rupp beating-down the guy on florida. i wish it werent so rare. and yelling and banging sticks on the ice and pushing the creep on his shoulder does not constitute deterrence.
an immediate, clean, smackdown does. it costs two extra minutes and sets a good precedent. i really don't care when they do it, they just have to do it. and start now.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:47 AM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Dupuis' could have been a major if it landed. He took a total run at MDZ.
yup. it's much worse than a reactionary elbow. this guy had plenty of time to make the decision to charge del zotto. in my opinion, it's the charging that is ruining the game. players are taking whole shifts on the defensive side of the puck skating in full stride around the ice looking for opponents with their heads down. it's not hockey. it's disrespectful and unprofessional. it's a simple attempt to make the highlight reel with no regard for a fellow player and the game itself. there are a number of players in the league who do this and they need to be stopped. somehow the pens have about five or six of them. i hate this more than i hate the bad, situational reffing.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:44 AM
Black Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
yup. it's much worse than a reactionary elbow. this guy had plenty of time to make the decision to charge del zotto. in my opinion, it's the charging that is ruining the game. players are taking whole shifts on the defensive side of the puck skating in full stride around the ice looking for opponents with their heads down. it's not hockey. it's disrespectful and unprofessional. it's a simple attempt to make the highlight reel with no regard for a fellow player and the game itself. there are a number of players in the league who do this and they need to be stopped. somehow the pens have about five or six of them. i hate this more than i hate the bad, situational reffing.
This is typical Penguins hockey. They'll get away with it this year because of the short season, but I expect next year some team will remind them that other teams can play dirty too. And then the Penguins will get a bootstomping like the one the Islanders gave them a few seasons back. Then Lemieux and Crosby will go on HNIC and cry like 4 year old twin baby girls and promise to leave hockey forever. In the meantime the Penguins players and coaches will be absolutely terrified, find Jesus and in a fugue of terror decide to play clean hockey again for a little while...

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:04 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
i'm tired of this excuse. the rangers get pushed around and don't fight back because of the game situation. it just leads to more garbage.
sure, in any particular instance, it's the 'wise' thing to leave it to the refs. and that's fine, too. but, it has gone too far, the rangers need to play tougher and i would certainly give up a game here or there to really set the record straight. the first and last time in recent memory was rupp beating-down the guy on florida. i wish it werent so rare. and yelling and banging sticks on the ice and pushing the creep on his shoulder does not constitute deterrence.
an immediate, clean, smackdown does. it costs two extra minutes and sets a good precedent. i really don't care when they do it, they just have to do it. and start now.
Sorry down 1-0 with under 10 to go when you're fighting for a playoff spot is not the time to make a statement. They put themselves in that position by their poor performance this season. You can afford to give up a game when you have solid playoff position.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote