HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

CHI vs. NSH 4/6/2013 2:00PM CST Tanking hell, I'm submarining!

Old
04-06-2013, 03:48 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Our biggest problem today is an all too common one this season ... failing to put a targeted shot on net at the end of a quality scoring chance. Spaling exemplified it during the second ... a good third of the net open, especially the upper corner, and he puts it too close to the center of the net where Emery could make the stop.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:54 PM
NorthAlPredfan

I've not been able to watch much today. I'm kind of surprised it's only 1-0.

NorthAlPredfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:58 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Our biggest problem today is an all too common one this season ... failing to put a targeted shot on net at the end of a quality scoring chance. Spaling exemplified it during the second ... a good third of the net open, especially the upper corner, and he puts it too close to the center of the net where Emery could make the stop.
we must be watching different games.

and spalings shot was deflected by a hawks defenseman. emery didnt have to do anything. good play/luck by the dman

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:10 PM
NorthAlPredfan

If hockey was a "here you can have it back" competition we'd be champions. Double minor and not even a shot on net. Pathetic.

Old
04-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
0 shots on a double minor...

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
we must be watching different games.

and spalings shot was deflected by a hawks defenseman. emery didnt have to do anything. good play/luck by the dman

Far from the only scoring chance Spals had where he didn't capitalize ... if it was deflected or not is hard to tell from the ONLY angle shown of the play. We're definitely watching different games if you're not seeing multiple scoring chances where we didn't capitalize.

Old
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Quote:
Spaling's shot was going in and was tipped by Leddy's stick

EDIT: Didn't see NoNeck's response above

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Sportserie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
At the game...hawk fans outnumber us at least 3 to 1 right now, probably worse. This is disgusting.
If it's any consolation... the Wild pack the arena like crazy. It doesn't matter when the Wild play the Hawks, there are a lot of Hawks fans at Xcel. Granted, some of that has to do with how close St. Paul and Chicago are, and some Chicago natives live in the Twin Cities. So there's that. But a lot of it also has to do with how amazingly the Hawks fans travel. They are everywhere.

Sportserie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:17 PM
glenngineer

Great stick block by Leddy. Crisp was going off about it but it was a great play by Leddy.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:23 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Just want to point out, Weber crushed Leddy and Carcillo in the 3rd...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:23 PM
NorthAlPredfan

Come on one point! I'll take that!

Old
04-06-2013, 04:27 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

That might be the post-season. We simply cannot convert on quality chances. How many times this season have we watched our guys shoot wide of an open net? Or high? Or miraculously put it into a goalie?

The one positive is that the players haven't given up as so many of the posters here have.

Old
04-06-2013, 04:28 PM
glenngineer

Most physical I've seen Weber play in a while.

Don't deserve a point when you get a 4 min PP and don't get a shot on net.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:31 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

That PP missed Erat

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Top 6 Spaling

The good: 56-11-27, 8, 64, 35
The bad: 6, 7, 12, 75
The ugly: too many Chicago fans.

Give hornqvist the C over weber. That empty net play showed exactly what's wrong with this team. Our star player and captain lazily watches as the puck goes by. Thank god Hornqvist is willing to work his ass off to make that play. If everyone on this team had Hornqvists heart, we would never lose.

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 04-06-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:08 PM
braindead

If Hornqvist can instill that in Forsberg, he will be the Foppa people go to the hall of fame to see a display about and they will laugh about how another Foppa made it to the hall first.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:35 PM
NorthAlPredfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
The good: 56-11-27, 8, 64, 35
The bad: 6, 7, 12, 75
The ugly: too many Chicago fans.

Give hornqvist the C over weber. That empty net play showed exactly what's wrong with this team. Our star player and captain lazily watches as the puck goes by. Thank god Hornqvist is willing to work his ass off to make that play. If everyone on this team had Hornqvists heart, we would never lose.
You know I was about to totally go off when I first watched that and before I posted I rewound the video and yes Weber was a little slow but I think he got thrown off because it looked like he was expecting the puck and the Chicago player chipped it and ran off with it. Hornqvist was able to get there quicker because he's already heading the right way. Just how I saw that one play. Now I missed a good chunk of the game so I can't say how his play was throughout the rest of the game. He did seem a bit aggressive though earlier in the period. I was thinking we were going to see another Zetterburg moment.

Old
04-06-2013, 06:30 PM
hockey diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
I don't think it means what you do. Gave to Preds fans means didn't sell them to Blackhawks fans.
Thank you AdmiralsFan. That is what I meant.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:59 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Party View Post
I tried to buy tix to this game from my rep weeks ago but it was sold out. Winning does wonders for a fan base. Some of those jersey's look brand new. They brought their glass bangers as well.

I looked HARD for any Hawks jersey that didn't have the name of a player from the 2010 Cup team on it...couldn't find a single one. Bandwagon fans, big time.

Quote:
That might be the post-season. We simply cannot convert on quality chances. How many times this season have we watched our guys shoot wide of an open net? Or high? Or miraculously put it into a goalie?

The one positive is that the players haven't given up as so many of the posters here have.
I think the post-season was the loss to CLB. If we can't beat a team that we're fighting against for our playoff lives...ugh.

It is so frustrating to see us work hard enough to generate a quality scoring chance, and then simply not have the talent to put it in the net. You know if it had been us on that 2-on-1 instead of the Hawks, our guy would've missed the net. SO. FRUSTRATING.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Legionnaire11

I don't remember the last time a GDT was so small. Maybe everyone was out enjoying the weather?

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:11 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlPredfan View Post
You know I was about to totally go off when I first watched that and before I posted I rewound the video and yes Weber was a little slow but I think he got thrown off because it looked like he was expecting the puck and the Chicago player chipped it and ran off with it. Hornqvist was able to get there quicker because he's already heading the right way. Just how I saw that one play. Now I missed a good chunk of the game so I can't say how his play was throughout the rest of the game. He did seem a bit aggressive though earlier in the period. I was thinking we were going to see another Zetterburg moment.
He was a bit aggressive earlier in the period because some Hawk (can't remember who) took him down in the corner while they were both going for the puck and it pissed him off. Lately Shea only releases the beast if another player pisses him off personally...like when he thought an opposing player high-sticked him a few weeks ago (even though it was really Erat) and he proceeded to obliterate two people. But he doesn't show the same mean streak if a game is going poorly in general; only if someone makes him personally angry. It's kind of annoying actually. He's so amazing when he's mad, but he rarely actually plays that way.

+1 to praising Horny for getting to that puck. What a beast. Most inspiring thing I saw all day.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Predsboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Most opposing fans I've seen in here-
Nah ... not even close ... Early years' Red Wings games were much more than today. I heard about 4000 - 5000 Hawks fans ...

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:18 PM
drwpreds

Just got back from the game (tough to make drive back to Bham after losses).

Just a few thoughts after reading through this game thread:

1) I guess its just me, but I don't have any problem with the team today. The first period was not very good, but I thought we picked up our effort and played about as well as we could considering who we were playing.

2) I am just wondering what people expect considering our circumstances right now?? I would really like to know. Look, I am as disappointed in this season as anyone else- it has SUCKED. It is beyond depressing knowing we are not going to be in the playoffs. But how can you fault the team's effort today- look at who we have out there, for crying out loud. Even with a full roster, we aren't half as talented as Chicago. But we are without so many key players- Wilson, Bourque, Gaustad. Erat is gone. Fisher and Hornqvist are playing hurt. With all of those issues, we played 125 minutes of hockey against the best hockey team in the world, and they have 3 goals, we have 2. I'd say that's a pretty good effort and as someone else pointed out, our guys have not quit even though many of their so-called "fans" on here have.

3) Once again, I just don't think this is our year- we have had so many things go against us you just have to laugh. We did a pretty darn good job limiting Kane, Toews, and Hossa, and their offense as a whole. But we made one huge mistake- the 2 on 1, and of course it winds up in the back of our net. That is kind of the story of our season- every mistake results in a goal it seems.

4) If anyone is criticizing Weber for that empty net play, I just don't get it- do you really think he was being lazy on that play?? I do not- I am not sure exactly what happened- if he lost sight of the puck or what- but I don't think he just decided to be lazy on one of the most critical plays of the game.

I know I'll get slammed for being too positive- but again, this season has sucked- no argument here on that. But I do believe that it has just been a weird season that has never felt right. We can't catch any breaks whatsoever and we have had so many injury issues that we pretty much haven't had anything close to a full roster all season. I just want to get this crappy, weird, never-felt-right season over and get ready for next year.

The rest of this year is going to be painful- no doubt. But I remain optimistic for next season when we will have (hopefully) a healthy roster. If the front office does what they have been promising, and add some pieces, and if Forsberg can make an impact sometime soon, I think we do have a lot to look forward to.......

Last edited by drwpreds: 04-06-2013 at 11:24 PM. Reason: add text
drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:22 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post
Nah ... not even close ... Early years' Red Wings games were much more than today. I heard about 4000 - 5000 Hawks fans ...
I can't speak to those early years, but I find it hard to believe that any game had "much more" than today. I guarantee it was more than 4,000. That would mean there were 13,000 Preds fans/4,000 Hawks. No way it was that few........

But, it doesn't really matter how many I guess- it was way too many and it was sickening and disgusting. But it was kind of a perfect storm- Hawks having a historic season/Saturday day game, making it easier for fans/us having a down year and pretty much out of the playoffs, etc, etc, etc.........

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:51 PM
Predatorbill

vCash: 0
Season ticket holder since day one, no question that there was more red there than at any time against Detroit.

We had to go along with the Hawks tradition of singing the National Anthem. (IMO we were asked to sing because the Hawks would)

Whenever Detroit was here we could always drown out Let's go Red Wings. Today the Let's go Hawks cheer was so loud we could not even compete.

Year long lack of effort by these players has led to this. We gave up home ice today. It was sad.

We were so out manned today. For the first 15 minutes, I sat there in awe of how big, fast and skilled the Hawks were.

On a bright note I thought the players gave a strong effort today. One of the better efforts this year. But, too little too late.

Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote