HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 4-1

Old
04-06-2013, 06:53 PM
nki

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post
Did you guys know that the human brain is capable of remembering every single thought ever processed? For real man, that's insane...

I hear Curtis Lazar is a decent prospect? Is he gritty?
Lazar and Ryan Hartman are two gritty guys who can play, mid first round picks probably.

nki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 06:54 PM
BarDownBobo

Quote:
Did you guys know that the human brain is capable of remembering every single thought ever processed? For real man, that's insane...

I hear Curtis Lazar is a decent prospect? Is he gritty?
I hope Edm can get a second first rounder to pick him. He'd be the perfect guy to replace Horcoff in 2-3 seasons.

BarDownBobo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
What sort of record are we looking at the rest of the way if we want to get in?
Detroit right now is on pace for 54 points
We need 8-2 to get to 55.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
8-1-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Looks like atleast 7 wins
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Best case scenario, we can only lose two more games, I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
we need minimum 7 wins, 8 likely, 9 is 99%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Detroit right now is on pace for 54 points
We need 8-2 to get to 55.
No problem. Just grab another 5 game win streak and we're good.

04-06-2013, 06:56 PM
YesYesYall

I can't wait to for this team to get a few big forwards who can play a la David Backes.

YesYesYall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Well that was thoroughly depressing.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I can handle losses when the effort and compete level is there but losses like today's and Thursdays? Not fun to watch. At all. Men VS scared little boys out there.

Tencer is already crowing about massive strides being made this season. Way to be premature. The team has a tonne of tough games to end the season and could very well fall back into the bottom three. Easily.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Copperhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesYesYall View Post
I can't wait to for this team to get a few big forwards who can play a la David Backes.
Dwight King is a big forward who can play. David Backes is a little more than that

Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:00 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

Here here, this should help..

Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.
Zig Ziglar

If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything. I'm positive that a doer makes mistakes.

John Wooden

Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push. A smile. A world of optimism and hope. A 'you can do it' when things are tough.
Richard M. DeVos

No matter what you're going through, there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it may seem hard to get to it but you can do it and just keep working towards it and you'll find the positive side of things.
Demi Lovato

It takes but one positive thought when given a chance to survive and thrive to overpower an entire army of negative thoughts.
Robert H. Schuller

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination.
Ralph Marston

Like success, failure is many things to many people. With Positive Mental Attitude, failure is a learning experience, a rung on the ladder, a plateau at which to get your thoughts in order and prepare to try again.
W. Clement Stone

I believe in Karma. If the good is sown, the good is collected. When positive things are made, that returns well.
Yannick Noah

If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges.
Pat Riley

Positive anything is better than negative nothing.
Elbert Hubbard

In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision.
Dalai Lama

People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?
Nhat Hanh

SEE???

I do like Krueger as a coach and this isn't a shot at him by any means, all it is is positive quotes for you all to enjoy on this wonderful saturday afternoon!
I hope people here read them cuz I sure as hell didn't.

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
1)Tambo doesn't have the cojones to buy-out Smyth

2)Smyth believes that he still has what it takes to play in the NHL.
I think Tambo does, given his job is likely on the line next year. He should approach Smyth with the buyout, giving him the option to retire first and save face. Then we'll see what means more to Smyth, 1.5 mil or his pride. Given how some of his contract negotiations have gone, I think some will be surprised by the result.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:02 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I can handle losses when the effort and compete level is there but losses like today's and Thursdays? Not fun to watch. At all. Men VS scared little boys out there.

Tencer is already crowing about massive strides being made this season. Way to be premature. The team has a tonne of tough games to end the season and could very well fall back into the bottom three. Easily.
Bottom 5 maybe but the avs flames and panthers have the bottom three locked up

GreatKeith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Copperhead

Quote:

Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.
Zig Ziglar

If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything. I'm positive that a doer makes mistakes.

John Wooden

Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push. A smile. A world of optimism and hope. A 'you can do it' when things are tough.
Richard M. DeVos

No matter what you're going through, there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it may seem hard to get to it but you can do it and just keep working towards it and you'll find the positive side of things.
Demi Lovato

It takes but one positive thought when given a chance to survive and thrive to overpower an entire army of negative thoughts.
Robert H. Schuller

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination.
Ralph Marston

Like success, failure is many things to many people. With Positive Mental Attitude, failure is a learning experience, a rung on the ladder, a plateau at which to get your thoughts in order and prepare to try again.
W. Clement Stone

I believe in Karma. If the good is sown, the good is collected. When positive things are made, that returns well.
Yannick Noah

If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges.
Pat Riley

Elbert Hubbard

Dalai Lama

People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?
Nhat Hanh

SEE???

I do like Krueger as a coach and this isn't a shot at him by any means, all it is is positive quotes for you all to enjoy on this wonderful saturday afternoon!
That's the part I'm worried about

Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:05 PM
The Bored Man
Tier 2 Fan

Quote:

Zig Ziglar

John Wooden

Richard M. DeVos

Demi Lovato

Robert H. Schuller

Ralph Marston

W. Clement Stone

Yannick Noah

Pat Riley

Elbert Hubbard

Dalai Lama

Nhat Hanh

SEE???

We won't be back at the draft lottery table again
Steve Tambellini

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:06 PM
ExOilerFan

vCash: 1499
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post
We won't be back at the draft lottery table again
Steve Tambellini.
But we can still win the lottery

ExOilerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:11 PM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

I'll still watch and hope until they are mathematically eliminated (and even then I'll probably still watch)... but these last two are tough to take.

Nothing versus the Nucks and then basically nothing most of the game here versus the Kings.

Crappy deal from the refs at times but they were clear losers in each game when the chips are all on the line. The PP isn't getting it done well enough and in general the players just are not stepping up like they should be.

These are tough games and they look inferior even though they have the talent and they have shown they can compete with these teams as recently as earlier this year.

Contending teams are simply ratcheting up the intensity as they get closer to the playoffs and the Oilers can't match it.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:12 PM
oilphan

We've lost every game Smithson has been in the line up. They gonna send him down to play with Eager and Hordi? He would probably clear waivers. Meanwhile Jokinen looking great last night.

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:15 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
We've lost every game Smithson has been in the line up. They gonna send him down to play with Eager and Hordi? He would probably clear waivers. Meanwhile Jokinen looking great last night.
At first I thought you were joking, but now I'm not sure.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Yes, just what the team needs more of - small, soft, skilled wingers who produce middling offense in sheltered roles.

He really was the missing piece!

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:19 PM
calvinguy

Sad part is that we didn't lose from lack of effort. Our team makeup is just not good enough.

Against teams with terrible defense we can run all over them. But teams with good defense completely shutdown our offence.

calvinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:20 PM
CupofOil

Not upset at all, not sure why some of you are.
This outcome was entirely predictable just like the Canucks game. The Oilers quite simply aren't equipped to compete against legit playoff teams when they are on their game and are playing at their pace especially on the road.

I think the winning streak warped expectations around here to unreasonable levels. Playoffs was always a huge longshot. It was predictable that the team would take a dip once the schedule toughened up. Such is life for a young, incomplete team with underwhelming veterans. Tambellini has his work cut out for him this offseason. Hopefully, he watches these types of games and realizes that a lot of changes need to be made and in particular, that bottom 6 and the defensive top pairing.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:20 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Looking at the overall standings, 3 teams in the bottom 5 are from the southeast and 2 are from the northwest

Old
04-06-2013, 07:25 PM
oilphan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
At first I thought you were joking, but now I'm not sure.
First two sentences were a joke. Third, only half joking. The fourth was not. I watched the game last night and he was not a soft floater like some people say. We could really use a guy like that...especially being that he was free. I would have grabbed him sat 94 in a second.

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:25 PM
ExOilerFan

vCash: 1499
6 games in the last 9 days of the season.
Wow that's terrible

ExOilerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:27 PM
sid49
#FreeGaza

vCash: 50
This year the Oilers will finish 11th and they'll call it "HUGE" steps. By this time next year I can guarantee well be debating who to take with our lottery pick. Realignment is made to **** us. Yakupov is great btw, love how he throws the body. Kids can learn something from him.

sid49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:28 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
First two sentences were a joke. Third, only half joking. The fourth was not. I watched the game last night and he was not a soft floater like some people say. We could really use a guy like that...especially being that he was free. I would have grabbed him sat 94 in a second.
Looking good on the penguins is so easy pascal dupuis can do it