HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels Discussion II

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 11:36 PM
ElKingsFan92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Looks like the Dodgers can spend as much money as they want, but they still suck.
Sounds great.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:48 PM
bobafettish*

shouldn't have taken boston's trash.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:53 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
shouldn't have taken boston's trash.
Boston's trash is 3 of the few pieces that are playing well.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:04 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Only Crawford is. Gonzalez has done jack **** so far, and Beckett sucked today. Gave up a homerun to fatty and homerun to the spaz.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:11 AM
no name

Quote:
Only Crawford is. Gonzalez has done jack **** so far, and Beckett sucked today. Gave up a homerun to fatty and homerun to the spaz.
Beckett pitched just fine. He can't help that an all glove, no bat second baseman throws away a gimme out. That cost a run and then having Pagan on base put added pressure (2 pitch outs, 5 throws to first base and an additional 19 pitches) on Beckett and Ellis. Pagan was laughing at how much pressure he put on the Dodgers. Panda pulled a high and on the outside corner pitch for a home run.

Hits or not Gonzales is still getting on base. he also has a couple blistered warning track outs.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Schumaker is all glove and no bat? Since when? He was brought in because he can hit righties and Ellis can't.

And if you consider what Beckett and Gonzalez have done so far as satisfactory, you have incredibly low standards for a $230 million payroll. Gonzalez is 1 for 9 with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts. That's crap. I'll give that Beckett didn't exactly suck, but 2 homeruns is 2 homeruns. He was mediocre at best.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:23 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Luis Cruz looking like a fluke from last year.

Quote:
Beckett actually pitched well. He got caught by a couple of pitches. He certainly pitched better than Ryu did last night even though the box scores won't show it.

At least there's a much needed day off tomorrow.

Last edited by Vamos Rafa: 04-04-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Old
04-04-2013, 12:34 AM
no name

Quote:
Schumaker is all glove and no bat? Since when? He was brought in because he can hit righties and Ellis can't.

And if you consider what Beckett and Gonzalez have done so far as satisfactory, you have incredibly low standards for a $230 million payroll. Gonzalez is 1 for 9 with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts. That's crap. I'll give that Beckett didn't exactly suck, but 2 homeruns is 2 homeruns. He was mediocre at best.
I was trying to be purposely sensational about Skip because his bat sucks and if he's giving away runs he's worthless. Gonzalez is doing better than anyone on the team not named Crawford. Hence my point in the my original post.

We're not talking about a 230 million dollar payroll. We are talking about the Boston aquisitions.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:40 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
I was trying to be purposely sensational about Skip because his bat sucks and if he's giving away runs he's worthless. Gonzalez is doing better than anyone on the team not named Crawford. Hence my point in the my original post.

We're not talking about a 230 million dollar payroll. We are talking about the Boston aquisitions.
You said:

Quote:
Hence implying you were comparing them with the rest of the team. Crawford is the only non-pitcher that's doing anything. Gonzalez has done nothing so far and, let's be honest, has been a major disappointment minus his first at bat as a Dodger last year. Including last year, he looks nothing like the player that haunted the Dodgers for years. His power has deserted him, and he's striking out a higher clip and walking a lower clip than he did just a few years ago.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Looks like the Dodgers can spend as much money as they want, but they still suck.
It's still early, but yeah, I was kinda worried about that. Shades of signing Kevin Brown and handing out terrible contracts to the likes of Darren Dreifort. But no salary cap in baseball so what does it matter I guess?

Old
04-04-2013, 12:52 AM
no name

Quote:
You said:

Hence implying you were comparing them with the rest of the team. Crawford is the only non-pitcher that's doing anything. Gonzalez has done nothing so far and, let's be honest, has been a major disappointment minus his first at bat as a Dodger last year. Including last year, he looks nothing like the player that haunted the Dodgers for years. His power has deserted him, and he's striking out a higher clip and walking a lower clip than he did just a few years ago.
If that's the case than you should be talking about a 140 million dollar payroll because a chunk of it is tied to pitchers and batters that we have not seen. Gonzalez is just fine. He's not going to be a 40 HR guy again. The shoulder sapped that. He'll be a valuable player who will hit 25 HR's bat .290 along with driving in 100 RBI's.

According to Forbes, that trade is what spearheaded the huge money in TV rights. Forbes estimated they would be worth what NY got. That was probably a bad estimate but Kasten has gone on record saying that the star power and attention the Boston trade brought in was a business splash that they had purposely pursued to up the TV rights value. It's not all what you see right now.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:03 AM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 1840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
It's still early, but yeah, I was kinda worried about that. Shades of signing Kevin Brown and handing out terrible contracts to the likes of Darren Dreifort. But no salary cap in baseball so what does it matter I guess?
Yeah, I agree. It's just not the same when there isn't a salary cap.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:23 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Biggest concern is leaving all the guys on base and not getting hits with players on base. 2-24 with guys on base or something.

That won't win many games, but I think the Dodgers will be fine and fix that problem. Just played the Champs, and went 1-2 in the series. Very early in the season.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:51 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Biggest concern is leaving all the guys on base and not getting hits with players on base. 2-24 with guys on base or something.

That won't win many games, but I think the Dodgers will be fine and fix that problem. Just played the Champs, and went 1-2 in the series. Very early in the season.

Kinda reminds me of the Kings in their losses. Too many men LOB is akin to outshooting and outpossessing without putting the puck in the net.

It sucks that we kept letting a washed-up former CY winner off the hook!

Old
04-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Dodgers now 5 of 39 with runners in scoring position.

Leading 1-0 with Kershaw on the mound.

Old
04-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Cruz and Kemp are killing this team offensively.

Old
04-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Kershaw gave up a lead off single and has now retired 14 straight.

Amazing pitcher.

Old
04-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
Cruz and Kemp are killing this team offensively.
Cruz was on a 6-week hot streak last year. 29-year-old career minor leaguers don't just suddenly figure it out. I'd be amazed if the Dodgers aren't shopping heavily for the third baseman later this season.

Old
04-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
Cruz was on a 6-week hot streak last year. 29-year-old career minor leaguers don't just suddenly figure it out. I'd be amazed if the Dodgers aren't shopping heavily for the third baseman later this season.
It doesn't have to be a third baseman. We can get a short stop that wouldn't cost as much as a power-hitting third baseman. But I still have some hope for Dee Gordon. His patience at the plate showed improvements in spring training. But yeah, Cruz has crashed back down to earth HARD.

Old
04-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Dawdler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Dodgers now 5 of 39 with runners in scoring position.

Leading 1-0 with Kershaw on the mound.
6 of 42 now still 1-0

Old
04-06-2013, 10:49 PM
no name

Quote:
Our 3b and SS position is now 0-34 combined with zero walks. 11 times they walked up with RISP and one time Cruz hit a sac fly. That's simply unbelievable. between that and Kemp still getting back to form it's amazing the Dodgers are winning.

Last edited by no name: 04-06-2013 at 11:03 PM. Reason: 0-36 now
Old
04-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Too bad, Kershaw can't bail out the pathetic offense every game like Quick did last year for the Kings.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:55 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
Too bad, Kershaw can't bail out the pathetic offense every game like Quick did last year for the Kings.
If L.A. is going to trade Harang and cash to Colorado, why not get one of their third basemen instead of a light-hitting backup catcher?

Rockies have a handful of MLB-ready 3B. And they will need to make room for Nolan Arenado at some point this season. Preferably Chris Nelson, but even Jordan Pacheco would work.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
If L.A. is going to trade Harang and cash to Colorado, why not get one of their third basemen instead of a light-hitting backup catcher?

Rockies have a handful of MLB-ready 3B. And they will need to make room for Nolan Arenado at some point this season. Preferably Chris Nelson, but even Jordan Pacheco would work.
Would would the Rockies give any of that up for Harang? This was purely a cash move, as the Rockies DFA'd Harang immediately after the trade and are looking to trade him themselves. Harang has negative value because he's a terrible pitcher.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:04 AM
no name

Quote:
Would would the Rockies give any of that up for Harang? This was purely a cash move, as the Rockies DFA'd Harang immediately after the trade and are looking to trade him themselves. Harang has negative value because he's a terrible pitcher.
Man, you are so sensational. His career numbers are above league average and he has 4 workable pitches. Colletti could have traded him a long time ago but he said he wanted injuries to work themselves out. Now he ended up with three pitchers who were angry and needing to be traded in season. The Rockies will get a B level prospect for him. The league will not be colluding against them.

Closed Thread