HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Update 2012-2013 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2013, 01:19 AM
KAPOW
has no rispeck

vCash: 500
driedger 28 saves in a 4-2 win

Old
04-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
Just wondering what happened to our HF writer? Seems like its been forever since we've had our list done or a recap of the 2008 draft lookback. Not like the articles were good or anything, but at least it was something to read while on break from the rounds.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Ceci vs. Noesen tonight.

Old
04-05-2013, 02:29 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

This is amusing regarding Conacher:
- immediately becomes Ottawa's top scorer
- Ottawa is still without their three top scorers from last yr Spezza, Karlsson & Michalek
- is on a line with the other two who have a shot at rookie of the yr Jacob & Mika
- could be the smallest player in the NHL who gets traded for the tallest goalie in the NHL

The all rookie line
- Conacher - Zibanejad - Silfverberg

And Ottawa still has:
- Puempel - Noesen - Stone coming

Old
04-05-2013, 05:30 PM
H2O

Don't forget Prince Aragorn, he's not that small!

Old
04-05-2013, 05:39 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
Conacher wasnt even the smallest player on his previous team....

and I think Gerbe takes the cake...hes like 5"4'

Old
04-05-2013, 07:32 PM
mianjo

Puempel 1 London 2 after 1

Old
04-05-2013, 09:12 PM
mianjo

Ceci -3
Noesen = 0 points

Old
04-05-2013, 09:16 PM
starling

Brassard pulled and lost.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

For those who want to see Driedger in action, he's playing on Sportsnet One right now against Red Deer.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:25 PM
kdb527

Noesen may not have showed up on the score sheet but he was outstanding and dangerous all night.

Old
04-06-2013, 05:48 PM
bert

Can ceci play defense?

Old
04-06-2013, 06:50 PM
starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Can ceci play defense?
He is killing penalties and is on the ice in the final minute protecting the lead. So I guess he is not that bad.

Old
04-06-2013, 08:40 PM
mcnorth

So does anyone think Borocop is going to make it? Kid has worked his butt off to get this far but he was one of the call-ups who really looked out of place this season and his play in the AHL has been kinda meh this season. Has he just maxed out?

Old
04-06-2013, 08:44 PM
One Turris God
Gersei Chongar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnorth View Post
So does anyone think Borocop is going to make it? Kid has worked his butt off to get this far but he was one of the call-ups who really looked out of place this season and his play in the AHL has been kinda meh this season. Has he just maxed out?
He could be playing in the NHL right now, but due to our situation he isn't. As much as I would hate to do it because of hometown and whatnot, I think it's only fair that we trade him. He is pretty far down on the defensive depth list and I don't think he will get a fair shot at playing for the Sens with the way our defense looks.

Old
04-06-2013, 09:20 PM
leftwinglocker

Quote:
Have to wonder if you've actually seen any Bingo games. Just finishing his 2nd year pro. +23, plays against every team's best players, plays about 30 mins a game, anchors one of the AHL's best PK units (often kills the entire 2 mins), toughest guy on the ice. One of the team's top 2 or 3 skaters. Just as productive offensively as Wiercioch and Gryba were in their 2nd year pro (and gets ver little pp time) great skater and downright scary to play against (you guys could probably have used his toughness last night in Buffalo). He definitely won't get a shot because of the number of left handlers on your team and the contracts that Lundin and Benoit have. Would love to see him in Philly. Clarkson alumn know what kind of warrior he is - something that doesn't seem to be appreciated in Ottawa.

Old
04-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
Quote:
He's got a ton of character and plays with a huge mean streak. Boro was an AHL allstar in his first year, and has more skill than people give him credit for. I think he'll carve out a decent career as a bottom pairing defenseman.

He had 26 hits in 6 games in his short stint with the big club, that's 355 hits over a full season, which would be the most hits from a defenseman in one season ever. If he continues to develop he'll horrible to play against.

Old
04-06-2013, 10:24 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost in the Shell View Post
Just wondering what happened to our HF writer? Seems like its been forever since we've had our list done or a recap of the 2008 draft lookback. Not like the articles were good or anything, but at least it was something to read while on break from the rounds.
no clue. Sens have had a bad run with HF writers as long as i can remember.
someone convince bobby kelly from silverseven to take the job. That kid knows what's up.

04-07-2013, 12:44 AM
mcnorth

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Boro fan. Lots of guys, including me, had him making the team before Wiercioch and Gryba and now that those guys have made the jump and look like they might stay, and Boro was up and very ordinary and then went back down and though he's been good - it's the same good in Bingo he's always been. (I've watched parts of a half dozen or so Bingo games on the streams here - but for sure don't claim to be an expert on our guys down there) I know he was physical when he was here but I didn't think he was that great in that he looked uncomfortable and seemed to have a hard time with the pace. He also seemed small and struggled along the boards more than I expected. But I'm glad to hear so many still think he's getting better and he will play in the NHL. Thanks for the responses.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:23 AM
KAPOW
has no rispeck

brassard bounced back with 30 saves in a 4-2 win. kinda like the first series, got eaten alive in game 1 but bounced back solidly.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:43 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
He's got a ton of character and plays with a huge mean streak. Boro was an AHL allstar in his first year, and has more skill than people give him credit for. I think he'll carve out a decent career as a bottom pairing defenseman.

He had 26 hits in 6 games in his short stint with the big club, that's 355 hits over a full season, which would be the most hits from a defenseman in one season ever. If he continues to develop he'll horrible to play against.
Unless he learns to play the right side he'll have to wait for injuries or Phillips to retire before getting a shot in Ottawa.

I like the kid but he's bottom pair material and there's no way he's displacing Methot, Cowen or Phillips.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:07 AM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
Unless he learns to play the right side he'll have to wait for injuries or Phillips to retire before getting a shot in Ottawa.

I like the kid but he's bottom pair material and there's no way he's displacing Methot, Cowen or Phillips.
Wouldn't surprise me if Phillips is out of the NHL or our 7th defenseman in a year or two. Big Rig is 35 and his style of play doesn't normally accompany longevity.

If Boro continues to develop, he'll be a pretty decent replacement.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:41 AM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if Phillips is out of the NHL or our 7th defenseman in a year or two. Big Rig is 35 and his style of play doesn't normally accompany longevity.

If Boro continues to develop, he'll be a pretty decent replacement.
What type of style is that? In his last 11 seasons he didn't even missed a total of 20 games.

He is not really physical, he's getting slower each year. He will be out of the NHL because his time is up and Sens will have better defenseman to replace him after this last contract - nothing to do with the style of play.

If he wants he will have a job with the Sens. He had a great career as a shutdown D. It's just funny that with McLean, he's enjoying his best offensive career so far.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:14 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Boro has almost as much of a future here as Wiercioch did a year ago. As we've seen, all it takes is opportunity. Despite the injury bug hitting this team like a 18 wheeler, we've been fairly fortunate with defensive injuries in terms of numbers. Only Cowen and Karlsson have been long term. It's really not uncommon for a team to be without 3 or 4 of their regular D men at any given time. Its a taxing position and depth is so damn important.

Boro might have to wait longer than he may like but ultimately it'll help him work on weak areas of his game. Until then he has to bide his time and prove he can be a long term option for this team when his chance comes like it did for Gryba and Wiercioch.

His style of play is desirable. If we don't find a spot for him, I'm positive someone else will be interested in giving him that opportunity. He's probably at least worth the 5th that was used to draft him and we're not goning to even consider that route until he's waiver eligibility kicks in.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:29 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I think Boroweicki will be in the mix next yr in Ottawa. I assume that Gonchar, Benoit & Lundin could all be gone & that will certainly help his chances. Phillips will be in the last yr of his contract & I assume on his way out as well. If he doesn't become the 7th D next season in Ottawa, I assume he will be among the first callups on defence along with Ceci & maybe Sdao.

However, if Murray were to sign another good defencemen during UFA season this summer which some predict could have some good players available, then he could get pushed down the depth chart again. He does have a combination of some skill with some nastiness that teams like including Ottawa.

Closed Thread