HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR-Car: Godqvist is the greatest Ranger ever edition

View Poll Results: 3 stars of the game
Asham 6 2.94%
Boyle 7 3.43%
Brassard 7 3.43%
Callahan 25 12.25%
Clowe 8 3.92%
Del Zotto 15 7.35%
Eminger 3 1.47%
Girardi 6 2.94%
Hagelin 2 0.98%
McDonagh 4 1.96%
Moore 3 1.47%
Nash 97 47.55%
Powe 4 1.96%
Pyatt 2 0.98%
Richards 12 5.88%
Stepan 73 35.78%
Stralman 5 2.45%
Zuccarello 46 22.55%
Lundqvist 190 93.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-06-2013, 10:51 PM
In Disgust

vCash: 500
Lundqvist is the singular reason the rangers have continued to be relevant in the world of hockey. The man is a god amongst men.

In Disgust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:51 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyRanger View Post
* Godqvist
** The King
*** HEN-RIK!!!

HM: Lundy

I feel there should be a special rant tonight about the play of Brian Boyle. When he has position to use his size, he doesn't. When he has a spot to shoot, he flubs it. When he should pass, he dumps it in. When he should dump it in, he passes. He is careless with the puck. He is a detriment in the defensive zone. He is a turnover machine in the neutral zone. He is absolutely useless in the offensive zone. He is 100% to blame on the only goal the 'Canes scored tonight, for unfathomably trying to force a cross-ice pass through the neutral zone with his team up by 3 with 10 mins. remaining. The PP looks good, when he is either a. not out there or b. doesn't touch the puck.

There are two kids in the system that have shown they can come up here and play in Torts' system without being the detrimental black hole of offense that Brian Boyle is. As it is... he gets the most ice time of any player. Tort's... BENCH THIS GUY AND BRING SOMEONE IN HERE WHO CAN PLAY HOCKEY!!!
How about playing him the amount of minutes he should be playing? THis game wasn't Boyle's fault, Tortorella massively overplayed him for some dumb reason. A lot of players weren't really on tonight, Boyle's game was magnified because of the ridiculous amount of ice time he got.

He was good playing 3rd line minutes the last 3 or 4 games, but tonight was ridiculous. Torts needs to not mishandle his players like that, it'll cost us in the playoffs.

04-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Boyle strings some good games together and has an off night in a game where Hank kept it from being 35-3.

Yup, Boyle needs to be dropped in an active volcano.

04-06-2013, 10:54 PM
NYRCSKA*

I don't really understand the Boyle hate sometimes. With Boyle, you get what you get. He's a grinder who can win faceoffs, play the PK, and score the occasional dirty goal. He's the kind of player you want in a physical playoff series. A big presence in front of the net for when they slow the game down. He was in beast mode against Ottawa until the Neil hit. Boyle has also shown some really good chemistry with Brassard in just 3 games. IMO, Boyle and Brassard need to be kept together. Boyle doesn't get to decide how much ice time he gets. Maybe in a back to back situation, Torts wanted other guys to get more rest, so he put Boyle in more because he knows Boyle isn't a defensive liability.

NYRCSKA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:57 PM
tornmeniscus
Old School

Moar Moore.

If Torts won't trust Miller/Kreider, he's gonna take more convincing with a d-man.

He will get the minutes because he's got amazing wheels and recovery speed like McD and can punish on the back end.
I loved the play where he joined the rush, got a shot and still caught the Canes back at our blue line.

tornmeniscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Lundsanity30

Woo what a game. Son loved it. HANK was king! Full of blue shirt fans! Amazing performance all around but my 3 stars Hank, nash and cally. . Hm for Richards who continues to shine. . Loved it. Glad I took him

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRCSKA*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornmeniscus View Post
Moar Moore.

If Torts won't trust Miller/Kreider, he's gonna take more convincing with a d-man.

He will get the minutes because he's got amazing wheels and recovery speed like McD and can punish on the back end.
I loved the play where he joined the rush, got a shot and still caught the Canes back at our blue line.
I think this kid is going to be a stud. I saw him play for Kitchner a few times. Amazing speed, amazing shot, will sacrifice the body, decent positioning. Really he has to work on stick handling and passing.

Also, Kreider has been awful. He really should have stayed in Hartford all year. Miller needed to go back for some development as well.

Old
JohnC
#FreeSteve

All of our players on twitter are praising Hank. Great to see

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:00 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Moar Moore.

Gotta love his speed and his size, love the way he jumped into that one play

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:11 PM
rocky7
Merry Christmas

Just a fan of watching talented hockey here. Lundqvist as usual played awesome. That said, if Alex Semin had not been injured, the game may have been very close. Teams quickly figured out the Hurricanes and Muller has never been able to counter. The Hurricanes have a multitude of issues obviously but, there are only a handful of us who think Muller is a large part of the problems. Personally I don't like Torts at all, but he's a hell of a lot better coach than Muller will ever be in the NHL IMO.

rocky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

didnt see the game. heard zucc and brass got benched. can anyone confirm or deny this and was there a reason?

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:16 PM
mike14

Lundqvist was great, just an amazing game.

Yeah it got a bit worrying for a bit in the last, but the Rangers were a bit unlucky that they weren't up by a few more (brassard hitting the post, hags missing an empty net etc). To take 5 pts out of the last 3 games is very nice. 4 points away from 5th place (not sure there's enough games left to get it though)

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:18 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Boyle strings some good games together and has an off night in a game where Hank kept it from being 35-3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRCSKA View Post
I don't really understand the Boyle hate sometimes. With Boyle, you get what you get. He's a grinder who can win faceoffs, play the PK, and score the occasional dirty goal. He's the kind of player you want in a physical playoff series. A big presence in front of the net for when they slow the game down. He was in beast mode against Ottawa until the Neil hit. Boyle has also shown some really good chemistry with Brassard in just 3 games. IMO, Boyle and Brassard need to be kept together. Boyle doesn't get to decide how much ice time he gets. Maybe in a back to back situation, Torts wanted other guys to get more rest, so he put Boyle in more because he knows Boyle isn't a defensive liability.
Completely agreed. I am not a Boyle fan and I think, especially with the absolute glut of forward prospects we have coming up, he is a very logical choice for a draft day trade. (I also think his pedestrian offensive abilities have cost Brassard points.) But, since the deadline, he's been playing with great confidence and has been impacting games positively. I know he made a couple of bonehead plays tonight, but he also made some very good ones. Torts overplayed him, but I don't get all the hate.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:19 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
Lundqvist was great, just an amazing game.

Yeah it got a bit worrying for a bit in the last, but the Rangers were a bit unlucky that they weren't up by a few more (brassard hitting the post, hags missing an empty net etc). To take 5 pts out of the last 3 games is very nice. 4 points away from 5th place (not sure there's enough games left to get it though)
Beat Toronto twice next week and 6th place is easily attainable.

And that's the seed you really want. So you draw the Southeast Winner in Round 1, not Pittsburgh, Montreal or Boston.

mschmidt64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post

Didn't you know Boyle was the ONLY reason that Hank had to make so many crazy saves?

Hank played amazing. Time to sell high and trade Hank for a 1st and 2nd in this years draft. It's a deep draft you know.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Moar Moore.

That was fantastic. I want to see Torts play him more. (Or should I say MOAR?)

Old
04-06-2013, 11:21 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
didnt see the game. heard zucc and brass got benched. can anyone confirm or deny this and was there a reason?
Zooks played really well. He did not do a single thing to get benched. Boyle played a ton and Zooks not so much but I did not view it as Zooks being benched. Nash did not even play as much as Boyle.

NickyFotiu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

For those complaining about ice time, it's also abotu resting our players. I dunno exactly how much our top 6 guys played last night but they definitely had to be on the ice looking for the game tying goal. With a game on Monday and a flight into Toronto against a high energy team, resting our top players is a must.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Green Blob*

We deserved this win cause we deserved the 2 points last game and didnt get it.

LOVE this team without Gabby (Sorry Gabby, love you but we have played SO much better without you).

Glad Zucc got a big assist, he has played so well and deserves the point.

Keep it up boys!! 7 out of a possible 8 points last 4 games!

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

I love Gabby but maybe he was dunking Richards' head in the toilet after games. He's looked better.

Also, I love how he went from Derek Bed-pan to Demi-Lord over the coarse of 20 games. My dude.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
Zooks played really well. He did not do a single thing to get benched. Boyle played a ton and Zooks not so much but I did not view it as Zooks being benched. Nash did not even play as much as Boyle.
thanks. what about brass? and why so much boyle?

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:26 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Hmmm... I don't think they got benched so much as Torts kept running out the guys he trusted defensively. When Sam interviewed him after the game and asked what the difference in the PP was, the two players he called out as making a difference were Zuccs and Brass.

Old
04-06-2013, 11:26 PM
mschmidt64

Next two weeks are big for us.

There are a good handful of road games, but all the teams are very beatable.

We should be able to take Toronto. The Islanders on Long Island, that's practically a home game. Philadelphia we own. Then Florida and Buffalo, two bottom feeders.

4-1-1 in that stretch should be attainable if we're on our game. And if that happens, and two of the wins were over Toronto, we should be in 6th place when the smoke clears, heading into the final week.

Of course this team has underachieved so it wouldn't shock me to see us do worse than that. I'm just saying that it's very possible.

mschmidt64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:28 PM
NYRCSKA*

Quote:
thanks. what about brass? and why so much boyle?
Brass saw a lot of ice time, especially on the PP. I don't think Torts trusts him at the end of games yet when they are trying to close out a 2 goal lead. He isn't known for his defensive game

Old
04-06-2013, 11:35 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Hank beating out his game against Vancouver for best of his career?

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote