HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs sign Prospect Danny Kristo 2 year deal: Will Report to Hamilton

Old
04-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
LOL Really? 13th overall/CENTER in 2009... Any guess where he played his minutes as? It was not center and to this day is not. Trade the kid already is all I am saying. We stooged him and Lefbreve(sp) has no clue
I know this is a Kristo Thread I just hate it when people don't know where a player was drafted. Louis was Drafted 18th overall.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling Kristo will be a solid call-up during the playoffs. He seems to have the personality to be a difference maker. Players who have a little bit of cockiness like Subban and Patches always seem to step up when it's needed most. I see a little bit of that in Beaulieu and Kristo.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Habs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Moves very fluently with the puck. Not afraid to pull high risk moves, but he also has good vision on the ice and makes a move to open up space for his teammates. He should help their powerplay tremendously.

Archambault had nice flashes as well.

The two together really spiced up the Dogs and injected some excitement to the team.
Nice!! Are there any more Dogs games on TV this season? And any word on when Colburg will play? (injured?)

Too busy to keep up lately.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:57 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
I know this is a Kristo Thread I just hate it when people don't know where a player was drafted. Louis was Drafted 18th overall.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling Kristo will be a solid call-up during the playoffs. He seems to have the personality to be a difference maker. Players who have a little bit of cockiness like Subban and Patches always seem to step up when it's needed most. I see a little bit of that in Beaulieu and Kristo.
Can you elaborate on this? I've seen very little about Kristo's personality. Or are you just making it up?

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Habs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Can you elaborate on this? I've seen very little about Kristo's personality. Or are you just making it up?
Probably referring to his ability to out drink his college buddies and get lost, showless, in the snow?!

Just messin'... actually pretty excited to see what Kristo brings to the table. We haven't had so much promise in our forward prospects in a long time. (Including Chucky and Gally!)

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:25 AM
pine*

Quote:
Coming up big in big games.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
articles I've read about him, Interviews and highlights. I remember an interview on TSN 690 the morning after USA won the world junior championship... He had a very honest interview and what I gathered from it was that he had the same kind of personality that Beaulieu seems to have.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:38 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post

no problem with being corrected?

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Coming up big in big games.

Greatest victory song ever. US is obviously not my country nor my hockey team...but geez do I like hearing it nonetheless. And while Kristo isn't the greatest singer...he clearly beat Trouba in his interpretation.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Tyson

WOW! What a great AHL game. The powerful Texas Stars with several AHL veterans against the youngest AHL team that has actually become younger with the addition of Archambault, Hudon and Kristo.
Dogs were losing with 6 minutes left 1-0 when Patrick Holland tied it up. With 24.5 seconds left Charles Hudon, all 18 years of him scored the winner. Kristo was very discreet, I would rank his performance behind both Hudon and Archambault. Kristo IMO (amateur opinion) is no where ready for the NHL. WOW! What a great AHL game. The powerful Texas Stars with several AHL veterans against the youngest AHL team that has actually become younger with the addition of Archambault, Hudon and Kristo.
Dogs were losing with 6 minutes left 1-0 when Patrick Holland tied it up. With 24.5 seconds left Charles Hudon, all 18 years of him scored the winner.
Kristo was very discreet, I would rank his performance behind both Hudon and Archambault. Kristo IMO (amateur opinion) is no where ready for the NHL.
Archambault impressed me with his skill set and knack for battling in the dirty areas, he laid a nice hit on a big DMan, I came away pretty impressed with him.
Hudon really impressed me, he needs to grow quite a bit but he scores the game winner in the last minute and easily can compete at this level right now. Habs have a decision to make on Archambault, wether to offer him a contract or now, for my money he needs signed. He is very skilled and he reminds me of a Brad Marchand type.
Danny K is nowhere ready for the NHL IMO.
Holland, nice skill set, impressed me more than Leblanc who has regressed it seems. Bournival, great skater, great third line center potential, excellent on the PK.
Quailer is buried between Stortini and Hagel who both won some good fights.
On D I have to say this...Tinordi is a man among boys in the AHL. Dogs don't have a captain, instead they have three assistants, one of which is Tinordi. Make no mistake he is the leader of that team. He had two devastating open ice hits, one which had Francis Wathier start a fight with Jarred. Wathier is 6'4 and he got is arse handed to him. Tinordi needs a bit more weight but if Emelin is down, Tinordi is the guy that is needed to fill in.
Beaulieu was the best, most agile skater on either team, assisted on the tying goal, played a solid game. You can see his confidence by the way he plays. Very impressive young player!
Pateryn was quietly effective.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:14 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
WOW! What a great AHL game. The powerful Texas Stars with several AHL veterans against the youngest AHL team that has actually become younger with the addition of Archambault, Hudon and Kristo.
Dogs were losing with 6 minutes left 1-0 when Patrick Holland tied it up. With 24.5 seconds left Charles Hudon, all 18 years of him scored the winner. Kristo was very discreet, I would rank his performance behind both Hudon and Archambault. Kristo IMO (amateur opinion) is no where ready for the NHL. WOW! What a great AHL game. The powerful Texas Stars with several AHL veterans against the youngest AHL team that has actually become younger with the addition of Archambault, Hudon and Kristo.
Dogs were losing with 6 minutes left 1-0 when Patrick Holland tied it up. With 24.5 seconds left Charles Hudon, all 18 years of him scored the winner.
Kristo was very discreet, I would rank his performance behind both Hudon and Archambault. Kristo IMO (amateur opinion) is no where ready for the NHL.
Archambault impressed me with his skill set and knack for battling in the dirty areas, he laid a nice hit on a big DMan, I came away pretty impressed with him.
Hudon really impressed me, he needs to grow quite a bit but he scores the game winner in the last minute and easily can compete at this level right now. Habs have a decision to make on Archambault, wether to offer him a contract or now, for my money he needs signed. He is very skilled and he reminds me of a Brad Marchand type.
Holland, nice skill set, impressed me more than Leblanc who has regressed it seems. Bournival, great skater, great third line center potential, excellent on the PK.
On D I have to say this...Tinordi is a man among boys in the AHL. Dogs don't have a captain, instead they have three assistants, one of which is Tinordi. Make no mistake he is the leader of that team. He had two devastating open ice hits, one which had Francis Wathier start a fight with Jarred. Wathier is 6'4 and he got is arse handed to him. Tinordi needs a bit more weight but if Emelin is down, Tinordi is the guy that is needed to fill in.
Beaulieu was the best, most agile skater on either team, assisted on the tying goal, played a solid game. You can see his confidence by the way he plays. Very impressive young player!
Hey Syl!

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:05 AM
Bacchus1

So what do people who have watched him think of his potential to join the Habs during the playoffs? From the score sheets, which aren't always that telling, it seems that he may need some seasoning in the AHL, and that finishing off with the Bulldogs would be best for his development.

Bacchus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:14 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus1 View Post
So what do people who have watched him think of his potential to join the Habs during the playoffs? From the score sheets, which aren't always that telling, it seems that he may need some seasoning in the AHL, and that finishing off with the Bulldogs would be best for his development.
Read the thread.

I'll give you a clue though, the most recent person who watched him play said he is no where near close to NHL ready at least 3 times in his post.

His stats tell a different story though.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 08:30 AM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Thanks for the report. Sorry to hear Kristo is not close. Hudon could be a diamond in the rough though. I was thinking on calling up Tinordi also as he replaces Elemin's size

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Hey Syl!
What is up sir?

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 11:56 AM
gillings

Quote:
Wow, I would say a rookie judgement.. His first ahl game?

New system, new players, new life, new location, Just got done school, Was playing with "uni" players. Let him make his transition and get comfortable and then judge.. Oh and that probably won't happen this year with how many games left, But you never know..

Oh and alex galchenyuk wasn't READY to be NHL player this year.. It's just he has the attitude, skill set and it was short season why he is playing here and that he is our future number 1-2 centre.

gillings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 06:12 PM
groovejuice

Espoirs (@Habsfuture) tweeted at 4:50 PM on Fri, Apr 12, 2013:

RT @Nate_Dogg34: Congrats to @UNDMHockey's Danny Kristo on scoring double the amount of goals as the 2013 Hobey Baker winner

(https://twitter.com/Habsfuture/statu...44231016255488)

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote