Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2013, 02:52 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section103 View Post
Thanks.

How does that work with current imports on the team? Decision time at camp?

i.e. Can you carry more than 2 imports until then?
You can if one of those 2 picks is a 1st rd NHL pick,otherwise decisions have

to be made before dont remember that part of the rule

Old
04-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
Belle Tire F Ryan Moore was selected 35th overall by the Windsor Spitfires. Moore had signed a tender with Youngstown of the USHL. The tender process is pretty new, so I'm not sure exactly how iron-clad it is. If Moore can get out of it, and he signs with Windsor after May 6th, that's a double whammy for Youngstown of losing Moore, and losing the first round Future's pick they gave up in exchange for using a tender.
He sounds like he was playing the NCAA card to call his spot here in Windsor. So I expect him to sign with the Spits before May 6th so Youngstown doesn't lose their first round Futures pick.

Old
04-06-2013, 02:58 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
He sounds like he was playing the NCAA card to call his spot here in Windsor. So I expect him to sign with the Spits before May 6th so Youngstown doesn't lose their first round Futures pick.
More then 1 person had him rated top 15 had he played in Ontario,if so not a bad pick
when u dont have a 1st rder and get one anyways

Old
04-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
More then 1 person had him rated top 15 had he played in Ontario,if so not a bad pick
when u dont have a 1st rder and get one anyways
Sure, but two would be better than one. I assume he'll eat up that spare gold education package. I hope he's not as small as he's listed at either - 5'8" 150lbs is really small for the league. He did play against older players though, so that should help in his transition.

I still figure Spits would have used one of their third rounders on him if Bushnell didn't get snagged two picks earlier. We don't have much size up front at all.

Old
04-06-2013, 03:19 PM
izzys

too bad we didnt get noah everything i have been told about him, great leader , team player and a guy you want on your team

Old
04-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
too bad we didnt get noah everything i have been told about him, great leader , team player and a guy you want on your team
Sounds like Sarnia leapfrogged us with a late trade to make sure they got him. Sarnia gave up two thirds (2013, 2014) and a 5th (2013) in order to get #33 from Kitchener. We gave up a second and a third next year for #35 a couple days earlier.

Old
04-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Spitsfan67*

What a ******* idiot, he goes out and drafts a Yankee with the first pick, when is the guy going to learn? Please tell me... This kid is almost a lock to turn down the spits and play college...I've had enough of the terable franchise they never learn, NEVER,,, just keep drafting Americans and will keep going in circles Warren, Keep Er up and you'll keep losing STH.

Old
04-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
What a ******* idiot, he goes out and drafts a Yankee with the first pick, when is the guy going to learn? Please tell me... This kid is almost a lock to turn down the spits and play college...I've had enough of the terable franchise they never learn, NEVER,,, just keep drafting Americans and will keep going in circles Warren, Keep Er up and you'll keep losing STH.
I feel very confident in assuming that this kid told Rychel he'll report. Now if I like that is another story altogether because we have had enough entitlement issues here already.

Now he could burn Warren like Riley Barber did - flat out lied and said he'd come here and then his mother had second thoughts.

Old
04-06-2013, 05:11 PM
big papa

Looks like WR is loading up at Center and defence for this draft another center in the 13th round Anton Trublin 5'10 161 from toronto marlborols

Old
04-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Keystone Light

Quote:
If you don't like my post's the mind your own ****ing business OK... I never asked for your opinion you either like it or you don't I could care less.This is an open fourm I can say my opinion whenever the hell I feel like it and if you don't agree so be it and I haven't agreed with some of your post and others but I don't come out and say " stop posting" , if you don't like **** off period, I could care a lot less.
Well, at least we're all keeping our composure!

Old
04-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystone Light View Post
Well, at least we're all keeping our composure!
IDC everyone has an opinion and not everyone has the same one, if you don't like mine so be it but you don't have the right to tell me to stop posting..

Old
04-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Keystone Light

Quote:
IDC everyone has an opinion and not everyone has the same one, if you don't like mine so be it but you don't have the right to tell me to stop posting..
I didn't tell you to stop posting. In fact, that rant was the funniest part of my Saturday so far! Continue posting, please.

Moving on...

Legend, any inside track on potential moves? Spits are presumably going to move some of their veteran d-men. If anyone is going to know anything, it's gonna be you!

I'm definitely curious to see which direction they are going in after taking two defencemen so early when everyone was expecting them to load up on forwards.

Also very surprised that they took another USNDTP kid when they could have taken someone that will compete for a roster spot.

Old
04-06-2013, 06:14 PM
hockeylegend11

Spits 15 picks included 9 forwards,4 D-men and 2 goalies,I would have gone 9,5 and 1
did not see a need to draft 2 tenders,disappointed they did not select forward Mark
Manchurek a 17 year old,would like to have seen more size drafted however we shall
see how things turn out not going to judge everything just yet

Old
04-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Keystone Light

Quote:
Spits 15 picks included 9 forwards,4 D-men and 2 goalies,I would have gone 9,5 and 1
did not see a need to draft 2 tenders,disappointed they did not select forward Mark
Manchurek a 17 year old,would like to have seen more size drafted however we shall
see how things turn out not going to judge everything just yet
Will they invite Manchurek to camp? Would they have the inside track on getting him as a FA due to being close to home as well as Windsor having a roster with several holes to fill at forward?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but with Johnson's legal troubles and Marchese's concussion problems, am I correct that the Spits currently only have 3 or 4 guys that could play in their top six? Rychel, Ho-Sang, Vail and Giftopoulos? And many consider Gift to be a 3rd liner. That leaves Verbeek, Studnicka, Graham and Bilcke for the bottom six.

With only eight forwards (assuming no Marchese and Johnson), something has to be in the works to move some defensive depth for forward help.

Old
04-06-2013, 07:17 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Will they invite Manchurek to camp? Would they have the inside track on getting him as a FA due to being close to home as well as Windsor having a roster with several holes to fill at forward?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but with Johnson's legal troubles and Marchese's concussion problems, am I correct that the Spits currently only have 3 or 4 guys that could play in their top six? Rychel, Ho-Sang, Vail and Giftopoulos? And many consider Gift to be a 3rd liner. That leaves Verbeek, Studnicka, Graham and Bilcke for the bottom six.

With only eight forwards (assuming no Marchese and Johnson), something has to be in the works to move some defensive depth for forward help.
My guess is that Manchurek will wind up in Oshawa where his triplet brother Joe is
expected to make the team,a team which will be hit hit hard by graduation
As for the Spits forward situation I expect Marchese to be in the lineup at training camp,your questions re Johnson and others are valid,as I expect the spits to address
some of those questions thru the Euro draft,trades,free agents and inside organizational additions vis-a vis American signings etc
Dont be surprised if Austen Brassard and Carter Sandlak are brought in for O/A purposes,as well as the possible acquistion of Erie"s Steven Harper in exchange for
a young Dman,think Grahame Brown or Adam Bateman
Possible players moved would be in my mind Johnson,Studnicka,Pavelka and Bowen

Old
04-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Spitsfan67*

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/04...-in-ohl-draft/

See this is what happens when you draft Americans, you play the waiting game and see if he chooses Windsor and if he doesn't he wasted a huge pick that needed to pay off, instead of drafting a Canadian who would report? does it make any sense or am I missing something? Does Rychel have memory loss? He doesn't remember all the Americans that don't want to play in the Ohl BUT he keeps drafting them?

Old
04-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Section103

Quote:
I didn't tell you to stop posting. In fact, that rant was the funniest part of my Saturday so far! Continue posting, please.
After a couple of beers I tend to touch on that side of the spectrum, but this guy is there all the time

Old
04-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Ottomatic

Or he's committed to Windsor but played the NCAA game so needs to pretend to be undecided for a couple of weeks before being "convinced" to come here with a gold education package.

I will add that if Ryan Moore doesn't come over that Warren Rychel should be relieved of his GM duties completely.

Last edited by Ottomatic: 04-06-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old
04-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/04...-in-ohl-draft/

See this is what happens when you draft Americans, you play the waiting game and see if he chooses Windsor and if he doesn't he wasted a huge pick that needed to pay off, instead of drafting a Canadian who would report? does it make any sense or am I missing something? Does Rychel have memory loss? He doesn't remember all the Americans that don't want to play in the Ohl BUT he keeps drafting them?
QUOTE=Ottomatic;63460095]Or he's committed to Windsor but played the NCAA game so needs to pretend to be undecided for a couple of weeks before being "convinced" to come here with a gold education package.

I will add that if Ryan Moore doesn't come over that Warren Rychel should be relieved of his GM duties completely.[/QUOTE]

Ryan Moore plays for Belle Tire. One of Windsors top scouts runs the Belle Tire Program, with a specific focus on the U16 program. Ill let you guys do the math

Old
04-06-2013, 10:19 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
QUOTE=Ottomatic;63460095]Or he's committed to Windsor but played the NCAA game so needs to pretend to be undecided for a couple of weeks before being "convinced" to come here with a gold education package.

I will add that if Ryan Moore doesn't come over that Warren Rychel should be relieved of his GM duties completely.
Ryan Moore plays for Belle Tire. One of Windsors top scouts runs the Belle Tire Program, with a specific focus on the U16 program. Ill let you guys do the math [/QUOTE]

The scout u speak of says today was his last draft working for the Spits

Old
04-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Ryan Moore plays for Belle Tire. One of Windsors top scouts runs the Belle Tire Program, with a specific focus on the U16 program. Ill let you guys do the math
The scout u speak of says today was his last draft working for the Spits[/QUOTE]

Thats a big loss if so, always liked Rob.

Old
04-06-2013, 10:42 PM
Ottomatic

Spits losing more scouts - cost cutting? Or maybe his Belle Tire gig sees it as a conflict of interest to steer kids away from USHL/NCAA?

Which four picks are with the Spits next year? Moore, Luchuk, one of the two early defencemen and Goalie Johnston?

Old
04-06-2013, 10:50 PM
coachfluffy

[QUOTE=Ottomatic;63475599]Spits losing more scouts - cost cutting? Or maybe his Belle Tire gig sees it as a conflict of interest to steer kids away from USHL/NCAA?QUOTE]

Or maybe just one more person tired of dealing with arragance? I can imagine how frustrating it might be to deal with someone as headstrong as WR>

Old
04-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Spits losing more scouts - cost cutting? Or maybe his Belle Tire gig sees it as a conflict of interest to steer kids away from USHL/NCAA?

Which four picks are with the Spits next year? Moore, Luchuk, one of the two early defencemen and Goalie Johnston?
Hes been doing it for years, doubt it. Regardless, the Moore pick up was strategic, they weren't targeting Bushnell

Old
04-06-2013, 11:48 PM
Ottomatic

When you say it's strategic - as in blocking somebody else from getting him? Bushnell seems like he would have been a great fit here - Spits are really lacking size, especially up front.

Closed Thread