HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Russia

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 03:30 AM
Dynamo81

vCash: 500
Loktionov deserves a look in, or an experimentation in the Center role. Not saying Bil will select him but if Lokitionov does go on playing this way over the next 10 months he will be knocking hard on the door for the Olympics, Bil would probably regret not testing him out at the World Championships if this is the case.

A lot of you know I am a big fan of Loktionov's game, very happy to see him finally playing and doing well with the Devils.

Old
04-05-2013, 09:51 AM
MaxV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo81 View Post
Loktionov deserves a look in, or an experimentation in the Center role. Not saying Bil will select him but if Lokitionov does go on playing this way over the next 10 months he will be knocking hard on the door for the Olympics, Bil would probably regret not testing him out at the World Championships if this is the case.

A lot of you know I am a big fan of Loktionov's game, very happy to see him finally playing and doing well with the Devils.
I'm very encouraged by his development.

But he is still just SO AWFUL on the face-off circle. You can't have a Center who is 40% on face-offs on the NT, not unless he has Malkin's ability.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
In 184 NHL games over 3 seasons, he has produced a total of 22 goals and 34 assists. Burmistrov looked really promising as a junior, but so far, he has produced next to nothing at the senior level. Its fair to suggest that the weak Winnipeg offense has held him back to some degree, but national team quality players stand out by their performance even on weak teams. Its one thing to have negligible goal production, but when you're not even generating assists, its a wonder that your name still circulates among those speculating on national team roster.
That's a very good point. That bottom line speaks for itself. No scouting in the world is going to allow him to become a productive player either.

Russian NT just can't be made up of below average NHL players. And you throw on the fact that Burmistrov is young?? I would rather premium KHL players who are leaders on their teams and are producing.

Old
04-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
That's a very good point. That bottom line speaks for itself. No scouting in the world is going to allow him to become a productive player either.

Russian NT just can't be made up of below average NHL players. And you throw on the fact that Burmistrov is young?? I would rather premium KHL players who are leaders on their teams and are producing.
You want to give Loktionov a chance? He wasn't even a "below average NHL player" until his trade to NJ. Good thing you guys don't have a say in that.

Old
04-06-2013, 08:36 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
You want to give Loktionov a chance? He wasn't even a "below average NHL player" until his trade to NJ. Good thing you guys don't have a say in that.
Of course, like I said- IMO if Loktionov adds even more to his game he should be given a chance. He has a MUCH more active role with NJD than Burmi ever did with Winnipeg or Atlanta and he doesn't disappoint.

Also, Loktionov was an above average AHL player- another thing that Burmistrov couldn't do this season.

Old
04-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Yakushev72

Quote:

I totally agree.

Old
04-06-2013, 09:56 PM
Fantomas

Quote:
No panic. He just said it in an interview during the lockout asked about Kravchuk who was scouting the players in NA and was appointed the U-18 head coach during the lockout because there was nothing to scout in the NHL. Bill also stated that he'd think of two rosters with and without NHLers in case the NHL block the players from coming to the Olympics. You have to understand at which point in time he was saying what.

btw regarding how many players from NA Kravchuck called up for the Sochi camp for the U-18 WC he's still up to date with what's going on in NA.
Thanks for clarifying. A relief to hear.

Old
04-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Fantomas

Quote:
A chance to make the WC would be good. Beyond that, he would need numerous injuries to make the roster.

But stranger things have happened. If Loktionov makes monstrous strides and impresses at the WC, he should be considered. It's not likely, but not out of the realm of possibility.

I've watched this guy for several years now; he is very gifted and an intelligent player. Sometimes a change of scenery is what makes all the difference. I still don't see him in Sochi, but I'd keep an open mind.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:55 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Of course, like I said- IMO if Loktionov adds even more to his game he should be given a chance. He has a MUCH more active role with NJD than Burmi ever did with Winnipeg or Atlanta and he doesn't disappoint.

Also, Loktionov was an above average AHL player- another thing that Burmistrov couldn't do this season.
Let me see, when was the last time Burmistrov had linemates similar to Loktionov? I think I can't recall any.

Bottom line. You are just riding the bandwaggon for Lokti because he finally has got his chance with the right team. He wasn't exactly shining during his stints with the Kings.

Both players have similar skill, both deserve a chance.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:48 AM
Dares

Quote:
Let me see, when was the last time Burmistrov had linemates similar to Loktionov? I think I can't recall any.

Bottom line. You are just riding the bandwaggon for Lokti because he finally has got his chance with the right team. He wasn't exactly shining during his stints with the Kings.

Seriously whats wrong with this guy ??

Burmistrov play right now is not good enough to make the NT. You mentioned him getting an invite, thats ok, you can invite Putin, but making the team no way.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:52 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:

I just believe that Burmistrov has stalled because of the points I mentioned earlier, whether it's his team or not doens't really matter for team Russia. He needs to prove himself before he can meet the high standard of the WC team. He clearly has not done that.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
I just believe that Burmistrov has stalled because of the points I mentioned earlier, whether it's his team or not doens't really matter for team Russia. He needs to prove himself before he can meet the high standard of the WC team. He clearly has not done that.
It gets boring with you guys. You still don't believe in scouting. You still think a player has to put up points to be good. The reality is different. You have to be good to put up points, but it doesn't mean you will be able to if you are put in the wrong situation. I can't remember ppl mentioning Loktionov last year and he basically is the same player. With your logic Misha Anisin was right and had to be on the NT roster last year and Bill was an idiot not to pick him. After all Anisin was the playoff hero last year.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
It gets boring with you guys. You still don't believe in scouting. You still think a player has to put up points to be good. The reality is different. You have to be good to put up points, but it doesn't mean you will be able to if you are put in the wrong situation. I can't remember ppl mentioning Loktionov last year and he basically is the same player. With your logic Misha Anisin was right and had to be on the NT roster last year and Bill was an idiot not to pick him. After all Anisin was the playoff hero last year.
we will see what happens come the WC.

Old
04-11-2013, 05:05 AM
russianhockey

List of Bilyaletdinovs candidates (Roster @ Camp):
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?p=63739817#post63739817

Old
04-19-2013, 03:44 AM
russianhockey

Bilyaletdinov invites 2 players from dynamo moscow to the camp:
Denis Kokarev & Sergei Soin.
Both will join the team on the 22. april.

That also means, that Alexander Yermomenko (MVP of the Gagarin Cup 2013) was excluded. https://twitter.com/RussHockeyNews

Old
04-19-2013, 05:54 AM
markz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockeyDOTde View Post
List of Bilyaletdinovs candidates (Roster @ Camp):
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?p=63739817#post63739817

Quote:
Bilyaletdinov invites 2 players from dynamo moscow to the camp:
Denis Kokarev & Sergei Soin.
Both will join the team on the 22. april.

That also means, that Alexander Yermomenko (MVP of the Gagarin Cup 2013) was excluded. https://twitter.com/RussHockeyNews
Thank You for posting What are the chances Svitov makes the Olympics (even as a reserve)? He's a huge guy with some amazing hands (Saw on Tv at the 2012 WC). And do you think Barulin is the Best "Big Ice" Goalie for Russia?

Old
04-19-2013, 07:20 AM
russianhockey

with pleasure!!!

its hard to say if svitov will make the olympics 2014. first of all he must make the WC 2013 squad. here, the chances are (very) good.

This 4 Centers should play the 4th stage @ EHT (starting in 1 week):
Shipyachyov, Tikhonov, Tereshchenko, Svitov.

If no Center from the nhl will join the team after that tourney, he should play @ this years WC.

if there will be any update - i will post it a.s.a.p.

Old
04-19-2013, 07:34 AM
markz*

Quote:
with pleasure!!!

its hard to say if svitov will make the olympics 2014. first of all he must make the WC 2013 squad. here, the chances are (very) good.

This 4 Centers should play the 4th stage @ EHT (starting in 1 week):
Shipyachyov, Tikhonov, Tereshchenko, Svitov.

If no Center from the nhl will join the team after that tourney, he should play @ this years WC.

if there will be any update - i will post it a.s.a.p.
Thank You for response buddy!!!

I watched the Channel One Cup in December also and thought Shipyachyov had some good chemistry Kovalchuk,

Tereshchenko has also been a pleasure to watch as well. I know he was a reserve for 2010 Olympics wish he would have played, do you think he might a good chance too for 2014?

Do you also think Bil' will start a "Big Ice" goalie from KHL for 2014? I love Varlamov but don't know if Barulin would be better - he was very good against Canada in 2011 WC game.' Why no Yermomenko?

Russia team looked so good in Channel One Cup! Watched all 3 games a few times.

Old
04-19-2013, 07:46 AM
SoundAndFury

Varlamov is better than Barulin. Period. Big ice, small ice, no ice at all - he's better. And he proved it during his stint in Loko during the lockout.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:21 AM
russianhockey

to get a spot @ the olympics tereshchenko needs a very good next season. the first three lines should be centered by Malkin, Datsyuk & Ansimov, what means Shipyachyov, Tikhonov, Tereshchenko, Svitov have 2 fight for the 4th spot. tough 2 say who is the best of them next season.

guys dont forget that bobrovsky is also a candidate for the upcoming tourney's, he plays sensational in the last weeks (months).

Varlamov / Bobrovsky should both be over Barulin / Koshechkin

Old
04-19-2013, 08:33 AM
Fulcrum

I also wouldn't forget Soin from Dinamo, he has been just outstanding all season long and just eats up his defensive assignments better than the slower Tereschenko

Last edited by Fulcrum: 04-19-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old
04-19-2013, 10:59 AM
russianhockey

still no news on Kuznetsov, looks like he will not made it this year.

Old
04-19-2013, 11:03 AM
SoundAndFury

I would have Svitov on the 4th line, Anisimov on the Datsyuk's wing and 3rd line spot is up for grabs. Soin? Why not, he's really underrated but he's one of the many on Dynamo roster.

Old
04-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
still no news on Kuznetsov, looks like he will not made it this year.
I think it would be a mistake not to invite him to at least the ET and see how it goes.

Old
04-20-2013, 07:26 AM
russianhockey

let's summarize what we got in the offense @ the moment:

RW: Radulov • Perezhogin------
C: Shipyachyov • Tereshchenko • Tikhonov • Svitov
LW: Mozyakin • Popov ------

Shirokov, Kokarev, Ketov, Varnakov,
Plotnikov, Averin, S. Kalinin, Petrov Kazionov (C), Soin (C)

will fight for the 4 remainder spots.

in about 3-4 days (when the roster for the kajotbet HG will be announced) we will know who made it.

EDIT: Defense
Nikulin, Medvedev, Belov, Biryukov
------------

Denisov, Ryasensky, Rylov, Korneyev, Alexandrov

Last edited by russianhockey: 04-20-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Closed Thread