HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

NYR-Car: Godqvist is the greatest Ranger ever edition

View Poll Results: 3 stars of the game
Asham 6 2.94%
Boyle 7 3.43%
Brassard 7 3.43%
Callahan 25 12.25%
Clowe 8 3.92%
Del Zotto 15 7.35%
Eminger 3 1.47%
Girardi 6 2.94%
Hagelin 2 0.98%
McDonagh 4 1.96%
Moore 3 1.47%
Nash 97 47.55%
Powe 4 1.96%
Pyatt 2 0.98%
Richards 12 5.88%
Stepan 73 35.78%
Stralman 5 2.45%
Zuccarello 46 22.55%
Lundqvist 190 93.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-07-2013, 01:49 AM
lbrowne

vCash: 500
I like the cut of this team's jib.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:55 AM
egelband

the rangers tend to do very well against teams like the hurricanes. that is, teams that play straight-up hockey as opposed to the chippy, snarly, dirty-tricks, teams like the pens, bruins, and flyers.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:02 AM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
the rangers tend to do very well against teams like the hurricanes. that is, teams that play straight-up hockey as opposed to the chippy, snarly, dirty-tricks, teams like the pens, bruins, and flyers.
We do well against those teams though... Not as much with Pittsburgh but we pretty much own Philly and always play good against Boston.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:41 AM
gravey9

We need to fix that fourth line though. Pyatt has got to sit. Could we insert Miller or Kreider back into the 3rd line and move Boyle down to the fourth line with Powe and Asham?

gravey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:58 AM
alexb

Zuke was on fire last night. Torts must be blind since he sits zuke some shifts.
Now that boyle scored that "insane" goal last night he will get even more PP and icetime....

alexb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:19 AM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravey9 View Post
We need to fix that fourth line though. Pyatt has got to sit. Could we insert Miller or Kreider back into the 3rd line and move Boyle down to the fourth line with Powe and Asham?
It's not a line issue. It's a team issue. No Miller, no Kreider. There's this attached value to players' pedigree. Kreider > Pyatt, Miller > Pyatt but every ingredient in a lovely NYR cake is integral. Kreider's like chocolate and Miller is like sugar. Pyatt and Boyle are the butter and and flour to the recipe. Remove it and the structure will fall apart. Clowe is our eggs, Dorse will be too. We were lacking eggs.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:22 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
Hmm, I find it hard to say that it's the best performance of his career, because he did let one by, and he has quite a few excellent shutouts in his career
I can see where you're coming from but I couldn't tell you the last game he made THAT many quality saves in one game. 2-3 in a game? Sure. This game? Seemed like double digits in that category.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:26 AM
Greg02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I can see where you're coming from but I couldn't tell you the last game he made THAT many quality saves in one game. 2-3 in a game? Sure. This game? Seemed like double digits in that category.
The Vancouver shutout.

Greg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:31 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
The Vancouver shutout.
Stand corrected.

Might I add: Vancouver shutout, x2.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:45 AM
TigerJack

Hagelin now with a pointless 6 game streak.....

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:46 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Also, I find it extremely humorous that people are coming of of the woodwork to hate on Boyle tonight.

Not his best game, no doubt. But when the Rangers win 4-1 and your first move is to get your rocks off to bashing Boyle...you may want to just relax & reexamine.
You imply as if he doesn't play like hot garbage every game. He's the main reason for Lundqvist losing the shutout, Took stupid penalties,He constantly does stupid plays like instead of a oddman rush against PIT he takes one of his MANY classic slapshots that hit the boards behind the net and wide. The only thing he's good for is a block here and there for some PKing. Miller can take his job at will if he didn't injure his wrist.

Just because i'm happy the team won overall, Doesn't mean i should be happy with this clown's contribution to the team as a whole.

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:54 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
It's not a line issue. It's a team issue. No Miller, no Kreider. There's this attached value to players' pedigree. Kreider > Pyatt, Miller > Pyatt but every ingredient in a lovely NYR cake is integral. Kreider's like chocolate and Miller is like sugar. Pyatt and Boyle are the butter and and flour to the recipe. Remove it and the structure will fall apart. Clowe is our eggs, Dorse will be too. We were lacking eggs.
What did I just read? How do similes about cooking justify Pyatt's presence in the lineup? Pyatt adds no value to this team. None. He can't score, kill penalties, skate, or defend. He has one point in his last 30 games and recorded that one on February 26. He should be benched. Boyle should move down to the fourth line. Kreider should play with Brassard and Hagelin.

Zil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:54 AM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
You imply as if he doesn't play like hot garbage every game. He's the main reason for Lundqvist losing the shutout, Took stupid penalties,He constantly does stupid plays like instead of a oddman rush against PIT he takes one of his MANY classic slapshots that hit the boards behind the net and wide. The only thing he's good for is a block here and there for some PKing. Miller can take his job at will if he didn't injure his wrist.

Just because i'm happy the team won overall, Doesn't mean i should be happy with this clown's contribution to the team as a whole.
Andddd 8 hours after the game ended, we're back to Boyle flaming

Old
04-07-2013, 05:00 AM
Placid

Quote:
hehe, love the metaphor

Placid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:05 AM
Placid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
Hagelin now with a pointless 6 game streak.....
ahh, not to worry. The team suddenly has 3 lines who can score (something of a novelty for the Rangers, at least lately), so the points will be spread around a tad more (also depending on what mad science Torts cooks up in terms of "on the fly" line combinations of course). He'll get points before long, im sure

Placid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:09 AM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
What did I just read? How do similes about cooking justify Pyatt's presence in the lineup? Pyatt adds no value to this team. None. He can't score, kill penalties, skate, or defend. He has one point in his last 30 games and recorded that one on February 26. He should be benched. Boyle should move down to the fourth line. Kreider should play with Brassard and Hagelin.
Pyatt is a place holder. He doesn't do much but Kreider isn't ready to play Torts game. Under a different system and a different coach that gives rookies more flexibility, he can blossom in the NHL over time. Kreider needs AHL shaping. Miller does too IMO despite being closer than Kreider. Pyatt is a place holder, a role player who doesn't add much. He's just there for structure. A bit of size, a bit of puck retrieval, a bit of **** disturbing and poking at pucks here and there, a bit of net front and not much else. There are plenty of players that don't add much on paper, physically or in the locker room. You sign them and hope they're impact bottom 6 players and if they don't work out, they're still serviceable players. Wait until their contract is up and get on with it. No need to bench players for not contributing in one area or another. Pyatt is the definition of a serviceable player who doesn't add much but eats up some minutes, float around net front and add some size for the sake of looking big.

That's what the recipe thing is. Just like that extra tablespoon of flour in a cake. Doesn't do much taste or texture wise or appearance wise. It just adds to the necessary structure of the cake.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:35 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Hmmm... I don't think they got benched so much as Torts kept running out the guys he trusted defensively. When Sam interviewed him after the game and asked what the difference in the PP was, the two players he called out as making a difference were Zuccs and Brass.
No 5 man unit played well defensively the entire game...so I'm puzzled why Torts picked a few guys not to play...includes Moore as well.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:45 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRCSKA View Post
I don't think I was watching the same game as you guys. I didn't see Boyle do anything blatantly awful. He got more playing time because we need to rest our guys going into the playoffs. He will get 3rd line minutes come playoff time. Boyle and Brass have really good chemistry. Unfortunately, a lot of you are blinded with hatred towards the guy to see that he's been involved in some great screens in front of the net since Brass came over. He's not awful. He's a grinder that plays defense and scores the occasional dirty goal. He doesn't dictate his own playing time.
With Boyle's fellow whipping boy Gabby and Bickel gone, Boyle now owns the entire hater spotlight, as has been repeated numerous times the coach decides how much TOI he gets...when a team gives up 49 shots it's not one guy. He took a bad penalty but according to the GDT thread last nigt he takes a bad penalty every game, but he has only 12 minors in 34 games but why let facts get in the way.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoreira1981 View Post
3 stars of the game:
1. Hen
2. rik Lund
3. qvist

Any questions?
None. You answered them all.

Well done.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 08:12 AM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Brian Boyle is in a negative blackhole here on HFNYR.

Initially credited with 1G3A and gets 0 credit.
G and A taken away after the game, he deserved to have that happen.
Oh yeah, why did this happen?

The box score from the Penguins game says he had 1 goal 3 assists still, but somehow in the season stats it clearly was only giving him credit for 2 assists.

Can someone explain that?

mschmidt64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
Oh yeah, why did this happen?

The box score from the Penguins game says he had 1 goal 3 assists still, but somehow in the season stats it clearly was only giving him credit for 2 assists.

Can someone explain that?
They probably just don't update the boxscores after publishing them.

And let's be reality, 1G 2A out of his "4 points" were just the puck glancing or bouncing off of him. He got to keep 1, which is probably 1 more than he really deserves. Nice assist on the Moore goal though.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 08:25 AM
dethomas07

boyle works hard.. never understand the hate or making fun.. his game has been on a higher level since a few games before the trade and obv since.. great teammate and perfect for this team.. since miller or kreider arent ready for that step and doresett isnt ready hes ok for the 3rd line..

that 3rd sucked tho! to many penalties, we lost momentum and it hurt us.. thnak god it didnt kill us..

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 08:31 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
The Vancouver shutout.
And the Dallas 52 save effort.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 08:36 AM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
We do well against those teams though... Not as much with Pittsburgh but we pretty much own Philly and always play good against Boston.
yeah, definitely right about philly. i find the boston matches very nerve-wracking and tough, though. the rangers have come through a few times, but boston tends to win the physical battles. good point though. that said, i still think the rangers have an easier time with the 'straight-up' teams like carolina and tampa, as a general rule.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 08:37 AM
DrewN

What lining up Boyle with Brassard (especially) and Hagelin does is highlight how offensively challenged he is. Put him where he belongs on the 4th line and PK and he's perceived as a solid player again.

DrewN is offline   Reply With Quote