Old
04-07-2013, 12:04 AM
SpitfireIX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinBruins View Post
The Bergeron Marchand Seguin line was our only consistent line

You cant play Peverley with Caron and Pandolfo and expect him to put up points

This guy has hit the nail on the head. The Bruins success in the past has come from being a very deep team with 3 lines that can score and 1 that is a very strong 4th line. Now, especially with Bergeron out we have 1 line which is currently the Krejci line and a bunch of spare parts.

Ever since Ryder left we have been struggling to find a 2nd line scorer to play on our 3rd line for the right price. With Kelly out Peverly is now forced to play with 2 4th line players and as a result we now have two 4th lines. Julien compounded the problem by moving Seguin back to wing and kicking Jagr down to play with Campbell and Paille. With a healthy Bergy and Kelly Jagr would fill the Ryder role but unfortunatley both guys are hurt for the time being.

Julien needs to keep Seguin at center, his natural position, so that the second line can be a threat giving us at least two capable lines until Bergy and Kelly return.

Also people are banking way to much on Jagr here. He is good but is far from the Jagr of days gone by. He can be a very good replacement for Michael Ryder but to ask him to play with Paille and Campbell and produce is asking too much.

Old
04-07-2013, 12:24 AM
biggles8

Not scoring and not hitting . This team was built to beat you up and grind you down . You can't always score but you can ALWAYS hustle and hit ! When they're playing that simple game everything else seems to open up .
No excuse for not finishing your checks.

Old
04-07-2013, 12:28 AM
masterquan14

i dont believe the bergy and kelly argument,cause bergy has only been gone 2 games and they really been sucking for a month now.missing kelly of course hurts,but thats a tip of the iceberg.I still believe looch needs to get away from horton,i mean just cause this topic is being posted now and horton has been decent the last 4 games doesnt mean he hasnt sucked the rest of the season besides a game here and there.Since the schedule got really hectic lets face it the dmen haved really layed one most nights.Zee is burnt out,so is the kid dougie hes not used to this pace,ferrence has been pretty terrible most nights the last month,and now with injuries and and the likes of johnson and bart filling in....yikes,bart was beyond terrible tonight,dunno fustrating to watch,hope they get healthy and perform alot better than this......

Old
04-07-2013, 12:54 AM
NMF

First post in a while, but after watching this team the past few weeks I had to come in here and put my thoughts to paper. The problem with this team is the coaching. Let me first state that I think Claude is a good coach, but he has worn out his welcome. Claude is the type of coach that comes in and gives a team structure. He demands them to play a good defensive game and I firmly believe that he won us a cup because of his structure and demands of a defensively responsible game. That along with the once in a lifetime performance by Thomas was the reason we hoisted the holy grail of hockey in 2011

However, it has worn out its welcome. Claude's biggest flaw as a coach, is that he fails to make proper adjustments and instead he relies on what he knows. As of right now, the top two defensive centers on this team are both hurt and this makes it hard to play a defensively responsible game. Throw in the fact that the defensive corps is not playing to the caliber that we have become accustomed to seeing and it is hard to win the 2-1, 3-2 games that Claude expects this team to win.

As constructed this team is offensively inept. And yet Claude finds a way to make us even less potent. A huge part of this is in the final two minutes when Sugar Shawn, Pandawful, and Campbell are on the ice. Are you trying to tie the game up or just keep it within one? Then Seguin isn't even out there for the six on four? Its maddening. His line combinations are beyond frustrating and systems are not allowing our best offensive players a chance to produce. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense and right now is the time to let the boys loose. Tonight we played a team that is fast and skilled. The best way to combat this is to get on them hard and don't allow them to achieve speed out of their zone. Instead of playing a hard forecheck to create turnovers we send one man in and allow the Canadiens to make one pass and come out with speed. They use that speed through the neutral zone and come in hard on our D men that are pretty slow and this creates the turnovers that everyone is complaining about. We also complaint that we never get on the Power Play. Just once in the last two games in fact. The reason is because we do not play offensively at all. When you bottle a team up in their d zone and get them running around is when you create penalties. Instead of doing this our team is to concerned about being on the d side of the puck so that they do not get caught. When the puck is on our sticks you attack when it its on their stick is when you worry about defensive positioning.

Now for the lines. Horton and Lucic need to figure it out. Lucic is a third liner making 6 million a year. I know that is not Claudes call but rather PC. PC made a bad signing and heres why. Lucic is only good when he is moving north and south and taking the body. He hasn't done that effectively since the washington game. He is a turnover machine and directly contributes to several prime scoring chances a game. For a big man he is extremely soft on the puck and has zero finish on the offensive side of things. He should be on the third line. Horton has been finding the net lately and thats about it. The guy has lost all confidence in his game and can't handle the puck anymore. Its actually pretty sad to see. He just isn't the same player anymore. DK needs Jagr and Marchand. Bergeron might be out for a while and a line of Maarchand DK and Jagr would be dynamite. The line of Marchand Seguin Jagr was broken up because they were a defensive liability, so put DK in the middle and you have a defensively responsible center, who is also gifted on the offensive end of things. Jags will give time, space, and finish. Marchand will give the line speed and finish. If you ask me that line will get it done in all three zones.

I think the Seguin experiment at center is over. The kid is a wing in this league and there is nothing wrong with that. This team needs offense and its tough to have offense when your most offensive player is stuck down low having to worry every shift that Claude won't be happy with his defensive play. Although Peverley has been less than stellar this year, as of right now with Bergy out of the lineup stick Pevs between Lucic and Seguin. Lucic and Seguin have had chemistry in the past and I believe that Lucic will open up space for both Pevs and Segs. When Bergy comes back slide him back into center.

The third line should be the Paille Kelly Horton. Kelly and the Paille can be defensively responsible and maybe this takes some heat off of Horton on the production side. Like I said earlier he certainly is not playing like himself, so maybe not having to play against the top d paring from the opposition will let him get some confidence back. I don't care that he has scored some goals over the last bit, his overall game has been terrible. Not to mention he could probably have 10 goals over the past five games if he would just bear down. Kelly coming back will be huge. The third line should be a shutdown line and can be with Kelly and Paille. This will allow the first two lines to play more offensively.

Fourth line should be Thorty Soupy Dogman. This line should play 8- 10 min a night and give energy that is it.

Claude needs to change or this team will limp into the playoffs and whimper out of the first round. Although our record is good this season it is misleading. On many nights we have relied on superb goaltending to keep us close in games and have managed to eek out a W. The Philosophy has to change. We need to attack and stop sitting back. When it comes time to play Pittsburgh or Montreal in the playoffs we are going to have to fight fire with fire and as of right now we can't. IF the philosophy doesn't change a first round exit is inevitable.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:24 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
It'll be night and day once Bergeron and Kelly are back.
I'm not convinced of that, even when they were here this season, the bruins were barely squeaking bye. The biggest issue all season has been the 3rd line and even when Kelly was here that was a problem, in fact there was a strong case for Kelly being one if the main issues with that line.

Last edited by The Dangley One: 04-07-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Old
04-07-2013, 01:31 AM
NSBruinFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMF View Post
First post in a while, but after watching this team the past few weeks I had to come in here and put my thoughts to paper. The problem with this team is the coaching. Let me first state that I think Claude is a good coach, but he has worn out his welcome. Claude is the type of coach that comes in and gives a team structure. He demands them to play a good defensive game and I firmly believe that he won us a cup because of his structure and demands of a defensively responsible game. That along with the once in a lifetime performance by Thomas was the reason we hoisted the holy grail of hockey in 2011

However, it has worn out its welcome. Claude's biggest flaw as a coach, is that he fails to make proper adjustments and instead he relies on what he knows. As of right now, the top two defensive centers on this team are both hurt and this makes it hard to play a defensively responsible game. Throw in the fact that the defensive corps is not playing to the caliber that we have become accustomed to seeing and it is hard to win the 2-1, 3-2 games that Claude expects this team to win.

As constructed this team is offensively inept. And yet Claude finds a way to make us even less potent. A huge part of this is in the final two minutes when Sugar Shawn, Pandawful, and Campbell are on the ice. Are you trying to tie the game up or just keep it within one? Then Seguin isn't even out there for the six on four? Its maddening. His line combinations are beyond frustrating and systems are not allowing our best offensive players a chance to produce. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense and right now is the time to let the boys loose. Tonight we played a team that is fast and skilled. The best way to combat this is to get on them hard and don't allow them to achieve speed out of their zone. Instead of playing a hard forecheck to create turnovers we send one man in and allow the Canadiens to make one pass and come out with speed. They use that speed through the neutral zone and come in hard on our D men that are pretty slow and this creates the turnovers that everyone is complaining about. We also complaint that we never get on the Power Play. Just once in the last two games in fact. The reason is because we do not play offensively at all. When you bottle a team up in their d zone and get them running around is when you create penalties. Instead of doing this our team is to concerned about being on the d side of the puck so that they do not get caught. When the puck is on our sticks you attack when it its on their stick is when you worry about defensive positioning.

Now for the lines. Horton and Lucic need to figure it out. Lucic is a third liner making 6 million a year. I know that is not Claudes call but rather PC. PC made a bad signing and heres why. Lucic is only good when he is moving north and south and taking the body. He hasn't done that effectively since the washington game. He is a turnover machine and directly contributes to several prime scoring chances a game. For a big man he is extremely soft on the puck and has zero finish on the offensive side of things. He should be on the third line. Horton has been finding the net lately and thats about it. The guy has lost all confidence in his game and can't handle the puck anymore. Its actually pretty sad to see. He just isn't the same player anymore. DK needs Jagr and Marchand. Bergeron might be out for a while and a line of Maarchand DK and Jagr would be dynamite. The line of Marchand Seguin Jagr was broken up because they were a defensive liability, so put DK in the middle and you have a defensively responsible center, who is also gifted on the offensive end of things. Jags will give time, space, and finish. Marchand will give the line speed and finish. If you ask me that line will get it done in all three zones.

I think the Seguin experiment at center is over. The kid is a wing in this league and there is nothing wrong with that. This team needs offense and its tough to have offense when your most offensive player is stuck down low having to worry every shift that Claude won't be happy with his defensive play. Although Peverley has been less than stellar this year, as of right now with Bergy out of the lineup stick Pevs between Lucic and Seguin. Lucic and Seguin have had chemistry in the past and I believe that Lucic will open up space for both Pevs and Segs. When Bergy comes back slide him back into center.

The third line should be the Paille Kelly Horton. Kelly and the Paille can be defensively responsible and maybe this takes some heat off of Horton on the production side. Like I said earlier he certainly is not playing like himself, so maybe not having to play against the top d paring from the opposition will let him get some confidence back. I don't care that he has scored some goals over the last bit, his overall game has been terrible. Not to mention he could probably have 10 goals over the past five games if he would just bear down. Kelly coming back will be huge. The third line should be a shutdown line and can be with Kelly and Paille. This will allow the first two lines to play more offensively.

Fourth line should be Thorty Soupy Dogman. This line should play 8- 10 min a night and give energy that is it.

Claude needs to change or this team will limp into the playoffs and whimper out of the first round. Although our record is good this season it is misleading. On many nights we have relied on superb goaltending to keep us close in games and have managed to eek out a W. The Philosophy has to change. We need to attack and stop sitting back. When it comes time to play Pittsburgh or Montreal in the playoffs we are going to have to fight fire with fire and as of right now we can't. IF the philosophy doesn't change a first round exit is inevitable.
Great post! I agree with everything you have stated.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:51 AM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMF View Post

DK needs Jagr and Marchand. Bergeron might be out for a while and a line of Maarchand DK and Jagr would be dynamite. The line of Marchand Seguin Jagr was broken up because they were a defensive liability, so put DK in the middle and you have a defensively responsible center, who is also gifted on the offensive end of things. Jags will give time, space, and finish. Marchand will give the line speed and finish. If you ask me that line will get it done in all three zones.

Really good post. I'm not quite as hard on Lucic as you are, but I agree with the rest --especially Julien.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:57 AM
NMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Really good post. I'm not quite as hard on Lucic as you are, but I agree with the rest --especially Julien.
Yea I think that I am hard on Lucic, but it is because when your paid like he is I feel you need to produce.I do realize that his game is physically demanding and can be taxing especially during a condensed season. But, i believe there is more that hasn't been there since the 2010-2011 regular season. I think he was his best when he wasn't a guy that was expected to produce, but rather create havoc. I think we need to get a high end talent in the future for DK (ahem Seguin) and let loch wear down there dmen on the third line with more defensively responsible players on his line to make up for his turnovers.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:29 AM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinBruins View Post
Horton and Lucic take alot of games off

The Bergeron Marchand Seguin line was our only consistent line

You cant play Peverley with Caron and Pandolfo and expect him to put up points

Our defense isnt that great when have to try to hide Bartkowski with Seidenberg or Boychuck

If we can go into the playoffs with something like this I'm happy

Marchand Bergeron Seguin
Lucic Krejci Jagr
Soderberg Peverley Horton
Paille Kelly Campbell
Thornton
Caron

Chara Boychuck
Seidenberg Hamilton
Ference McQuaid
Johnson
Bartkowksi
I've been supportive of Peverley all year, I like the guy a lot as a player but he was ABSOLUTE horse **** tonight. Worst game I have ever seen him play in a Bruin uniform.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:59 AM
corpfan1

Really the team needs a wakeup call game.

They either need to get blown out like 7-1 OR they need a game where the score doesn't matter and all hell breaks loose (ala the 8-5 MTL game where everyone dropped their gloves).

The lines really need a shake now too. There are some guys on this team who just aren't going 100%. Marchand is a perfect example. He is rarely a "pest" anymore and isn't skating. He is playing like his rookie year where he disappears for 5-10 games at a time.

Paille is playing well. I would like to see him with Marchand.

Here are the lines I would like to see:

Lucic - Krejci - Jagr
Caron - Seguin - Horton
Marchand - Peverley - Paille
Thornton - Campbell - Daugavins

Pandolfo - had enough already

We are starting to see how much we really do miss Kelly.

We obviously miss Bergeron a ton - but need him 99% for the playoffs.

Hopefully Redden is the kinds of guy who can inspire in the dressing room and hopefully McQuaid can come back ASAP.

One this team is healthy...I would like to see:

Seguin - Krejci - Jagr
Marchand - Bergeron - Horton
Lucic - Kelly - Peverley
Paille - Campbell - Soderberg

w/ Caron and Thornton ready to fill in

Old
04-07-2013, 05:26 AM
RaybCamn

This is all coaching, they are not responding to CJ anymore. Last night with less than a 2min in the game, our 4th line was on the ice. Its not the first time either, the players are not responding to the coach. Its like they are caged up into a system that no longer works for them. It is really no fun to watch

Old
04-07-2013, 05:52 AM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Nvm

Last edited by SpokedLightning: 04-07-2013 at 05:57 AM.
Old
04-07-2013, 05:53 AM
Killerbeez
HFBoards Sponsor

Horton is afraid of contact still (with good reason). He pulls up on big hits where when he was on (nasty nate) he would run over people. He isn't much better than an AHLer when he won't initiate contact. There isn't a line on this team right now that he wouldn't hurt us on. The whole team looks tired, but he looks scared on top of that.

Old
04-07-2013, 06:03 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileusa View Post
I have thought about goalie issues, injured players, Thornton getting clocked, attitude, effort, desire, contracts, coaches, low scoring, etc...

But what is(are) the REAL reason(s)??

I have been a fan for 30 years all in Mobile, Alabama
and have never felt like I have this year. It's frustrating
30 years ?

And this Bruins team has you frustrated more than any other?

I've been a fan since 1967 and have used all my toes and fingers counting Bruins teams more frustrating and harder to figure out than this years version

Old
04-07-2013, 06:19 AM
JOKER 192
Just Nuke It

Like many Bruins fans I like a team that plays a physical game. This year however is an exception. Many here are on Lucic's back because he's toned it down considerably on that aspect of his game. In a condensed season like this one , and in the Bruins case even more so because most of their game have been put to later in the season, we simply can't expect Lucic ,or anyone else for that matter, to be going through walls night after night. It simply can't be done ,way to taxing. So with that element out of our game it removes an important part of what we do best.

Lack of production from the third line has made it easy to play against us because you only need cover two lines knowing they have nothing else. It's harder to play against a three line attach than a two line attack. The third line's output scares no one .When they were producing the other lines were producing more as well.

We are actually lucky to be where we are, how many games have we won this year when we were clearly not the better team? Sometimes I've asked myself if it's our stradegy to do the minimum and save our energy for when it really counts but I'm afraid this is probably just wishful thinking.

Defense is showing it's age both Chara and Sides have not been the same players they used to be. Dougie has been good this year, probably better than most expected but he's young and still has much to improve on. With both Boychuck and Quaider out for a good part of the season these guys have been over taxed in what is already an overtaxing season. Maybe this is why we see the fourth line even when it's late in the game and we are behind.

Claude needs to stop being so old school and try new things, on most teams when things are not happening we usually shake up the lines, Claude 's lines seem to be set in stone and only injury to a player can change things. No one has to worry about losing his spot not even Pandawful, Which takes away any power a coach has over his players to produce ,The "what have you done for me lately" policy needs to be invoked.

When a full roster is in place and with the addition of Jagr and hopefully Soderberg I think we can expect more from this team. I'm not throwing in the towel yet, I think the Bruins will get back to their style of hockey when it really counts. If they don't it will be a short playoff this year.

Old
04-07-2013, 06:30 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
They lack depth at forward and the defense is really starting to age. The D has to get younger, Hamilton is a start but they need a good young defensive d...
Really the only important piece looking his age is Chara. Guy looks spent every game. Ference is a non factor now. They need better dmen than Bartkowski and Ference.

Old
04-07-2013, 06:44 AM
bigcat188

Yes..Yes..but we have prospects down on the farm.
Prospects are just that,cant keep them under your pillow,use them or move them, to late know.

Old
04-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 100
Injured players...and not just the ones who are not on the ice.

04-07-2013, 07:05 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER 192 View Post
Like many Bruins fans I like a team that plays a physical game. This year however is an exception. Many here are on Lucic's back because he's toned it down considerably on that aspect of his game. In a condensed season like this one , and in the Bruins case even more so because most of their game have been put to later in the season, we simply can't expect Lucic ,or anyone else for that matter, to be going through walls night after night. It simply can't be done ,way to taxing. So with that element out of our game it removes an important part of what we do best.

Lack of production from the third line has made it easy to play against us because you only need cover two lines knowing they have nothing else. It's harder to play against a three line attach than a two line attack. The third line's output scares no one .When they were producing the other lines were producing more as well.

We are actually lucky to be where we are, how many games have we won this year when we were clearly not the better team? Sometimes I've asked myself if it's our stradegy to do the minimum and save our energy for when it really counts but I'm afraid this is probably just wishful thinking.

Defense is showing it's age both Chara and Sides have not been the same players they used to be. Dougie has been good this year, probably better than most expected but he's young and still has much to improve on. With both Boychuck and Quaider out for a good part of the season these guys have been over taxed in what is already an overtaxing season. Maybe this is why we see the fourth line even when it's late in the game and we are behind.

Claude needs to stop being so old school and try new things, on most teams when things are not happening we usually shake up the lines, Claude 's lines seem to be set in stone and only injury to a player can change things. No one has to worry about losing his spot not even Pandawful, Which takes away any power a coach has over his players to produce ,The "what have you done for me lately" policy needs to be invoked.

When a full roster is in place and with the addition of Jagr and hopefully Soderberg I think we can expect more from this team. I'm not throwing in the towel yet, I think the Bruins will get back to their style of hockey when it really counts. If they don't it will be a short playoff this year.
Seidenberg is only 31 years old. How is that old?

Old
04-07-2013, 07:08 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
I agree to a point. But there are guys like Lucic and Horton not giving you consistent EFFORT.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

As constructed this team is offensively inept.

Then, it fall on Chiarelli. It's pointless to make Julien responsable for the mess upfront. Fact is: we don't have a finisher and whatever the way you will mix the lines, you're not going to get more goals. You might generate more chances but when you look at the decision making of our forwards, well...

Lucic a turnover machine?

Of course and it's not even close. Your take on Chiarelli's mistakes is spot on. He was so afraid of losing Lucic that he overpaid him in his 2nd contract. Then , we all knew that it would turn ugly and that's exactly what will happen. Looking at how Lucic look disinterested at times make you wonder on how much a guy Bergeron should earn. I'm hearing all the time that Lucic has a unique skills set and everything but i think it's Bergeron who has the unique skills set and certainly the leadership and the work ethic who make him an invaluable player. I thrown the idea, days ago, about a potential Lucic buyout and people were all over me saying that Lucic would kill us and eveything but... it's my understanding that Lucic, whatever the team, will remain a turnover machine and will float for a couple of games as he does here. If we're about to change the dynamic upfront, everything should be on the table.

I think the Seguin experiment at center is over.

For now. Problem for Seguin: he has to replace Bergeron. There's no way, i mean no way that he could do that. Heck, i would say that 99% of the centerman of this league can't. Learning the position require time and you have to do it in a non-pressure situation. Seguin was put in a DOA situation, IMHO.

The third line should be the Paille Kelly Horton.

Nope. You have to leave Peverly on the 3rd line because he's bringing very few to the table and clearly, he's a defensive liability this year. I really wish that Chiarelli will find a taker for his contract because we can't have both Kelly/Peverly for a combine 6.2 per if we really want to change the setup of this upfront. Paille on the 4th line because he has ZERO finish. We tried the Paille experiement over and over but it doesn't produce results so...

On many nights we have relied on superb goaltending to keep us close in games.

I would say 99% of the time, the team rely on Rask/AK to cover their miscues. Way too much pressure on them. Each and every mistake is costly but rarely their fault. More then anything, we need more "defensive" accountability from some players (Peverly, anyone? ). For the past month, too many blown defensive coverage; bad clearing attemp and 1 vs 1 battle loss in our own end.

Last edited by Latrappe: 04-07-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Old
04-07-2013, 07:18 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
As constructed this team is offensively inept.

Then, it fall on Chiarelli. It's pointless to make Julien responsable for the mess upfront. Fact is: we don't have a finisher and whatever the way you will mix the lines, you're not going to get more goals. You might generate more chances but when you look at the decision making of our forwards, well...

Lucic a turnover machine?

Of course and it's not even close. Your take on Chiarelli's mistakes is spot on. He was so afraid of losing Lucic that he overpaid him in his 2nd contract. Then , we all knew that it would turn ugly and that's exactly what will happen. Looking at how Lucic look disinterested at times make you wonder on how much a guy Bergeron should earn. I'm earning all the time that Lucic has a unique skills set and everything but i think it's Bergeron who has the unique skills set and certainly the leadership and the work ethic who make him an invaluable player. I thrown the idea, days ago, about a potential Lucic buyout and people were all over me saying that Lucic would kill us and eveything but... it's my understanding that Lucic, whatever the team, will remain a turnover machine and will float for a couple of games a he does here. If we're about to change the dynamic upfront, everything should be on the table.

I think the Seguin experiment at center is over.

For now. Problem for Seguin: he has to replace Bergeron. There's no way, i mean no way that he could do that. Heck, i would say that 99% of the centerman of this league can't. Learning the position require time and you have to do it in a non-pressure situation. Seguin was put in a DOA situation, IMHO.

The third line should be the Paille Kelly Horton.

Nope. You have to leave Peverly on the 3rd line because he's bringing very few to the table and clearly a defensive liability this year. I really wish that Chiarelli will find a taker for his contract because we can't have both Kelly/Peverly for a combine 6.2 per if we really want to change the setup of this upfront. Paille on the 4th line because he has ZERO finish. We tried the Paille experiement over and over but it doesn't produce results so...

On many nights we have relied on superb goaltending to keep us close in games.

I would say 99% of the time, the team rely on Rask/AK to cover their miscues. Way too much pressure on them. Each and every mistake is costly but rarely their fault. More then anything, we need more "defensive" accountability from some players (Peverly, anyone? ). For the past month, too many blown defensive coverage; bad clearing attemp and 1 vs 1 battle loss in our own end.
I would trade Lucic way before buying him out. I'm sure there are several teams who would overpay for him. Ship him to Calgary for their first round pick.

Seriously, if this guy ends the year like this and plays like he did in last years PO he needs to be traded.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:26 AM
bruinsfan001

There not bearing down on their opportunities and putting the puck in the back of the net. You can't win games if you don't score goals. One goal a game isn't going to cut it. After they score a goal they should be striving to score five more and bury teams, they have the talent to do it. Thats what gave them success during the 2010-2011 season.

Old
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
Who are you thinking? Marchand? Boychuck?

Old
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

All these bad regular season showing will be long gone when Bettman gives the Cup to Chara late June.

Closed Thread