HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The defence without Emelin

Old
04-07-2013, 12:10 AM

vCash: 500
Won't be Kaberle as he is in the same situation as Gomez. If we play him and he gets hurt, he counts against the cap next year and that is a disaster o not gonna happen. St.Denis was good last year so give him a shot. Diaz must be lose or they would have traded for another dman....I hope.

1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 12:17 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Call up Beaulieu. He didn't really deserve getting sent down in the first place.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 12:24 AM
Mrb1p

Markov-Gorges(I'd try this out... I think Emelin and Gorges are really similar. One is faster and the other one is stronger and more physical.) Speed would help Markov, IMO.

Tinordi-Subban for a few games. (If Suter can pull it out with Brodin... Why not P.K.?)

Drewi-BouBou

If the first pairing doesnt not work.

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Drewiski(Similar to Emelin again, just a bit worse and less physical and not as gifted offensively.)
Beaulieu-Bouillon

We need speed on our back end to cover for the old farts (L)

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:07 AM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 4m
Nathan Beaulieu could be call up today after Alexei Emelin injury. #canadiens #RDS

So looks like the management trust Drewiskey, they will likely bump him up one pairing and put Beaulieu on the #6 spot until Diaz returns (Considering they are the same type of Dman, more offensive orrientated)

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:14 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 4m
Nathan Beaulieu could be call up today after Alexei Emelin injury. #canadiens #RDS

So looks like the management trust Drewiskey, they will likely bump him up one pairing and put Beaulieu on the #6 spot until Diaz returns (Considering they are the same type of Dman, more offensive orrientated)
Yup, I'd imagine;

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Drewiske
Bouillon-Beaulieu

I wonder if Weber will just go back to Switzerland next year. No way he re-ups with us not to get a chance.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:22 AM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Yup, I'd imagine;

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Drewiske
Bouillon-Beaulieu

I wonder if Weber will just go back to Switzerland next year. No way he re-ups with us not to get a chance.
Renaud was talking about the Habs pondering on sending him down to Hamilton with the "Fitness"(I don't remember the exact term) arguement for a couple of games, so he won't have to got through waivers

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:27 AM
headliner

It's obvious that our D has taken a tremendous "hit" with the loss of Emelin. Our D provided the threat and promise of clean, hard-hitting, keep-your-head-up hockey for three-quarters of the game: Subban 24+ minutes, Emelin 20+ minutes.

Now, we're down to Subban....and, once again, it's a marshmallow world back there for most of the game.

Really going to notice it in the playoffs.

headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:34 AM
la25ecoupe

Weber still not ready for game time?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I don't doubt he will be a physical NHL d-man in time. The 2 videos That posted tonight of his hits are insane. But he wasn't during the call-up, that's a fact.

You have to be careful with the call-ups until the AHL season ends on the 21st. We already used 1 of the 4 post-deadline on Dumont and he hasn't played.
Didn't they remove the limit in the new CBA?

Last edited by Treb: 04-14-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:39 AM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
we need some hits back there, I would call up Tinordi

Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Gorges
Bouillon-Drewiske

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:15 AM
headliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahabsfanfromtoronto View Post

Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Gorges
Bouillon-Drewiske
From reports I've read, Tinordi has been working on that aspect of his game...and has been tougher and meaner since he was sent down.

But is it enough to bolster us for a decent playoff run? At least one in which we keep opposing forwards honest?

Too much to expect/demand, if we're realistic. But I'm betting he gets called up for that reason.

headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahabsfanfromtoronto View Post

Tinordi-Subban

Markov-Gorges
Bouillon-Drewiske
When I see this pairing, I think of the goal where Crosby toyed with Tinordi. If Tinordi plays with Subban, he will have to play against the opposition's Alfredsson, Nash or Tavares. As much as the Habs dominate possession while Subban is on the ice, Tinordi will still have to deal with one on one situations against elite forwards. I don't think it's fair to put the kid in that position yet. I'd put him with Drewiske or Cube, and be hyper vigilant about putting the pair on the ice in relatively safe situations.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:54 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

The defense without Emelin? It sucks.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Markov-Subban
Gorges-Diaz
Bouillon-Tinordi

Do it already.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
The defense without Emelin? It sucks.
Defense hasn't played bad tonight. Holtby is making the big saves(and getting post help) and Price isn't.

14 shots in 40 mnutes is not exactly sucky defense.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Defense hasn't played bad tonight. Holtby is making the big saves(and getting post help) and Price isn't.

Caps have about four times that in missed shots and the Habs have blocked that many shots as well. Caps protect Holtby well, that's the big difference. If a rebound goes off it's always a cap stick on it first in both zones. We're playing with negative urgency.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:07 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:

Quality of shots allowed is way too high. Can't let OV or any decent player snipe it from the slot.

Also, Holtby has nothing to do with our defense. Even if it was 5-4 Habs, D isn't playing good enough.

And yes, Price hasn't been exactly stellar.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
call up beaulieu and tinordi. its not like they cost the team wins cause theyre not winning anyway.

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:11 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Caps have about four times that in missed shots and the Habs have blocked that many shots as well. Caps protect Holtby well, that's the big difference. If a rebound goes off it's always a cap stick on it first in both zones. We're playing with negative urgency.
The Caps haven't protected that well, 2 have gone off the posts that could have been goals and we have had guys alone in front of him on 3-4 occasions, Plekanec had nobody within 15 feet of him but Holtby poke checked him. One scramble he stopped 3 shots back to back.

Old
04-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

You're playing against the Habs. This is the mindset... There's no Emelin. You don't think twice about criss-crossing in the high slot or bowling down the wing... There's no price to pay. It's a joke.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:26 PM
FeelsLike93

Please tell me this. Why can't we call up BOTH Pateryn and Tinordi and sit two guys? This team needs toughness and the two rookies couldn't possibly do worse than the garbage defense were icing lately. You can't play with a small soft defense in the playoffs because you won't go very far

Markov-Diaz
Tinordi-Subban
Gorges-Pateryn

I understand goaltending is a issue too partly but imo the goaltending won't fix itself unless the defense does first

FeelsLike93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:42 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
Please tell me this. Why can't we call up BOTH Pateryn and Tinordi and sit two guys? This team needs toughness and the two rookies couldn't possibly do worse than the garbage defense were icing lately. You can't play with a small soft defense in the playoffs because you won't go very far

Markov-Diaz
Tinordi-Subban
Gorges-Pateryn

I understand goaltending is a issue too partly but imo the goaltending won't fix itself unless the defense does first
Blaming the defense when your goalie has a sub .800 save % is as moronic as it gets. The Caps will be lucky to hit 25 shots tonight yet the habs defense is garbage...brilliant!

Old
04-20-2013, 08:46 PM
FeelsLike93

Quote:
Blaming the defense when your goalie has a sub .800 save % is as moronic as it gets. The Caps will be lucky to hit 25 shots tonight yet the habs defense is garbage...brilliant!
Hockey's not all about goaltending there's intangibles and the small things involved. When ur defenseman gets outmuscled in the corner, loses the battle then the puck ends up on the opposing players stick infront of the net and they score how is that a goaltending problem? By the way that happened twice tonight. Some people need to get there heads out of their ***** that think hockey is all about goaltending.

Do you know why Price looked good early in the season? Cause our defense was stingy it won puck battles and the puck came out of our own end quicker. Now it's staying longer because of turnovers and teams getting 2nd and 3rd scoring chances.

FeelsLike93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:56 PM
axman88

I think it's time to call up Tinordi and tell him to show his mean style of the game.....they need a big presence on the back-end!

axman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
Hockey's not all about goaltending there's intangibles and the small things involved. When ur defenseman gets outmuscled in the corner, loses the battle then the puck ends up on the opposing players stick infront of the net and they score how is that a goaltending problem? By the way that happened twice tonight. Some people need to get there heads out of their ***** that think hockey is all about goaltending.

Do you know why Price looked good early in the season? Cause our defense was stingy it won puck battles and the puck came out of our own end quicker. Now it's staying longer because of turnovers and teams getting 2nd and 3rd scoring chances.
********!

Price looked good early because pucks were not going through him, he wasn't giving up goals like the two Ovechkin ones. 1st one a weak wrister from a bad angle, 2nd one from further out.

Which of the goals scored tonight was a 2nd or 3rd chance? I can't recall any of the goals being on rebounds, I think they were all 1st shots on that particular sequence.

There are a pile of NHL teams with worst defenses than ours and their goalies don't have .800 save percentages.