HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

CHI vs. NSH 4/6/2013 2:00PM CST Tanking hell, I'm submarining!

Old
04-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Predatorbill

vCash: 50
I agree with the bandwagon fans. Some of the jerseys looked brand new. Although I did see a Mikita one.

Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatorbill View Post
I agree with the bandwagon fans. Some of the jerseys looked brand new. Although I did see a Mikita one.
95% were Kane or Toews. I saw a Versteeg, a Buff, a Kopecky, and a few others.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:11 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post

4) If anyone is criticizing Weber for that empty net play, I just don't get it- do you really think he was being lazy on that play?? I do not- I am not sure exactly what happened- if he lost sight of the puck or what- but I don't think he just decided to be lazy on one of the most critical plays of the game.

Does anyone have video of this play? It's not on NHL.com's highlights and I can't find it anywhere. Didn't record the game last night. I was too busy noticing how beastly Horny was to notice what Weber was doing.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:22 AM
analogkid
Thread Killer

Ridiculous amount of Hawks fans there yesterday. I was helping hand out the foam fingers at the gate and most of the visitors were okay but there were some outright tools with them as well. I can honestly say I tried to give the finger to every Blackhawk fan I saw yesterday.

What got me was more than one guy wearing a Blackhawks jersey was also sporting a Preds STH lanyard...are these going to be the new Predwings?

Though they did bring a bunch of them (and they are a drinking crowd I might add) I am proud of those of us who showed up and shouted down any "Let's Go Hawks" chants with "Let's go Preds".

analogkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:23 AM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Just got back from the game (tough to make drive back to Bham after losses).

Just a few thoughts after reading through this game thread:

1) I guess its just me, but I don't have any problem with the team today. The first period was not very good, but I thought we picked up our effort and played about as well as we could considering who we were playing.

2) I am just wondering what people expect considering our circumstances right now?? I would really like to know. Look, I am as disappointed in this season as anyone else- it has SUCKED. It is beyond depressing knowing we are not going to be in the playoffs. But how can you fault the team's effort today- look at who we have out there, for crying out loud. Even with a full roster, we aren't half as talented as Chicago. But we are without so many key players- Wilson, Bourque, Gaustad. Erat is gone. Fisher and Hornqvist are playing hurt. With all of those issues, we played 125 minutes of hockey against the best hockey team in the world, and they have 3 goals, we have 2. I'd say that's a pretty good effort and as someone else pointed out, our guys have not quit even though many of their so-called "fans" on here have.

3) Once again, I just don't think this is our year- we have had so many things go against us you just have to laugh. We did a pretty darn good job limiting Kane, Toews, and Hossa, and their offense as a whole. But we made one huge mistake- the 2 on 1, and of course it winds up in the back of our net. That is kind of the story of our season- every mistake results in a goal it seems.

4) If anyone is criticizing Weber for that empty net play, I just don't get it- do you really think he was being lazy on that play?? I do not- I am not sure exactly what happened- if he lost sight of the puck or what- but I don't think he just decided to be lazy on one of the most critical plays of the game.

I know I'll get slammed for being too positive- but again, this season has sucked- no argument here on that. But I do believe that it has just been a weird season that has never felt right. We can't catch any breaks whatsoever and we have had so many injury issues that we pretty much haven't had anything close to a full roster all season. I just want to get this crappy, weird, never-felt-right season over and get ready for next year.

The rest of this year is going to be painful- no doubt. But I remain optimistic for next season when we will have (hopefully) a healthy roster. If the front office does what they have been promising, and add some pieces, and if Forsberg can make an impact sometime soon, I think we do have a lot to look forward to.......
The front office has been promising a lot come every offseason and next year we won't have any injuries and we just played the Stanley Cup Winner because the top team wins the Cup. Will Trotz return next season?

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:37 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Does anyone have video of this play? It's not on NHL.com's highlights and I can't find it anywhere. Didn't record the game last night. I was too busy noticing how beastly Horny was to notice what Weber was doing.
Watching at home yesterday the only thing I noticed was Weber didn't appear to know where the puck was. It was coming straight towards him and he almost had a blank look on his face. Once he realized where it was, it was too late. Great job by Hornqvist getting back though. I think that's where the other A needs to go if Legwand doesn't want it on a full time basis.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:45 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

So, are we having a new GDT?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 11:41 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
So, are we having a new GDT?
Dave got it.

04-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Pattypred

To the Hawks drunk creep who pushed me on the escalator going up after I politely asked the Hawks' fans (I was completed surrounded - dumb on my part, I know) to please respect our tradition of hands over the heart or singing our National Anthem.

The drunk turd said something like hell no, we'll do what we want and pushed me back.

If I hadn't been surrounded by all the Hawks' fans, I probably would have decked his ass. All I did was say, "That's really manly - shoving an elderly woman."

I did have a few Hawks fans apologize profusely about his and his friends behavior. I told them that I thanked them very much and appreciated they took the time to acknowledge what he did was wrong. I know every team has idiots but that was completely uncalled for.

Next time I will be ready. Actually next time, I will make sure I'm aware of who I'm next to.

Oh, and I'd say at least 90-95% were bandwagon fans.

Last edited by Pattypred: 04-07-2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Adding to comments
Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:01 PM
LarmerAmonteSeabrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
I looked HARD for any Hawks jersey that didn't have the name of a player from the 2010 Cup team on it...couldn't find a single one. Bandwagon fans, big time.
The name on the back of the sweater the fans are wearing is not a sign of if they are a bandwagon fan. It's common for fans to want to wear the sweater of a current (or recent) player. It doesn't mean they don't have a sweater of a player from a long time ago in their closet.

I've been a Hawks fan since I was 6 or 7 years old, so it's been 2 1/2 decades. I rarely wear the sweater of a non-current player to a game. I will have my rotation of Kane, Seabrook, and Sharp (although I have Havlat, Amonte, and Sullivan sweaters in my closet).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatorbill View Post
We had to go along with the Hawks tradition of singing the National Anthem. (IMO we were asked to sing because the Hawks would).
We do not sing the national anthem. We cheer during it.

LarmerAmonteSeabrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Squeeven

Please tell Rinne to get a win today, to let Toews get 3 assists all on the powerplay, while not letting Kane get a single point and oh for Toews to get at least 1 shorthanded point so that I can win this week in my yahoo fantasy league, thanks!

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:10 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerAmonteSeabrook View Post
The name on the back of the sweater the fans are wearing is not a sign of if they are a bandwagon fan. It's common for fans to want to wear the sweater of a current (or recent) player. It doesn't mean they don't have a sweater of a player from a long time ago in their closet.

I've been a Hawks fan since I was 6 or 7 years old, so it's been 2 1/2 decades. I rarely wear the sweater of a non-current player to a game. I will have my rotation of Kane, Seabrook, and Sharp (although I have Havlat, Amonte, and Sullivan sweaters in my closet).

We do not sing the national anthem. We cheer during it.
Yeah, we know. I don't care what you do in your barn, but sure wish y'all would shut the hell up in our barn. Believe it or not, we find behavior like that during the anthem to be very disrespectful.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:50 PM
LarmerAmonteSeabrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
Yeah, we know. I don't care what you do in your barn, but sure wish y'all would shut the hell up in our barn. Believe it or not, we find behavior like that during the anthem to be very disrespectful.
We've been doing it for almost 30 years now. It started in the '85 playoffs against the Edmonton Oilers as a way to try to get our team's blood pumping through their veins when they came to Chicago Stadium down 2-0. We have 2 vets from the armed forces honored each game, and every one of them that have been interviewed has stated that they love the cheering that goes on during the national anthem.

It sends shivers down one's spine...It climaxed during the 2010 Stanley Cup Final (I went to game 5, and the building was shaking)...You should come to Chicago and experience it here sometime!

LarmerAmonteSeabrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:49 PM
AEM6729

Quote:

That may be true. You should wear your old-school Hawks jerseys to away games at least...lets the other team's fans know that you're legit.

Kinda how when I see a Preds fan wearing a Krivokrasov/Dunham/Vokoun/etc jersey, I feel like I'm a kindred spirit with them. We've both been around since Year 1! I see at least a few random old-school jerseys every game. A couple weeks ago I saw a Houlder jersey and LOL'ed so hard I had to take a pic. Poor investment my friend!

Old
04-07-2013, 10:53 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
We've been doing it for almost 30 years now. It started in the '85 playoffs against the Edmonton Oilers as a way to try to get our team's blood pumping through their veins when they came to Chicago Stadium down 2-0. We have 2 vets from the armed forces honored each game, and every one of them that have been interviewed has stated that they love the cheering that goes on during the national anthem.

It sends shivers down one's spine...It climaxed during the 2010 Stanley Cup Final (I went to game 5, and the building was shaking)...You should come to Chicago and experience it here sometime!
I went to Chicago last year and I must say, it was pretty cool to hear everyone so pumped before the game even started...but I'm still not sure how I feel about it being during the Anthem.

That being said, when it comes to Hawks fans doing it in other people's barns, nobody cares what the history is or if your players or your fans or your veterans in Chicago like it. WE don't like it, it's our barn, so shut up. That's how the vast majority of Nashville fans feel, I think.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:02 PM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogkid View Post
What got me was more than one guy wearing a Blackhawks jersey was also sporting a Preds STH lanyard...are these going to be the new Predwings?

I had no idea that I was a bad Preds fan

Just to give you an idea of my story, when I was a kid before the Preds came to town. I was a Detroit Fan because my father worked for Ford. I am a Preds fan now and hate the red wings as much as the rest of you, but I can't help but be grateful for them getting me interested in Hockey all those years ago.

Go Preds Win or Lose, I'm always here.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 11:37 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
The front office has been promising a lot come every offseason and next year we won't have any injuries and we just played the Stanley Cup Winner because the top team wins the Cup. Will Trotz return next season?
The front office hasn't promised much really. When the ownership group first took over they said we would need to average a certain attendance to spend a certain amount. Spending around the league continued to increase across the board after that statement, and spending here followed trends.

We first started hearing about spending towards the cap last season. It doesn't always happen immediately unless you're handing out absurd contracts to worthless players.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 11:56 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:

and therein lies part of the rub - you're doing it to pump up your team, not honor our country, contrary to what some claim.

Personally, I love how the Canadians sing along with their anthem. Now that's pretty awesome!

Thanks for the offer to visit, but I think I'll pass. If the hooting and hollering during the anthem didn't piss me off enough, hearing chelsea dagger would probably make me want to gouge out my eardrums with a spork.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 04:57 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't remember seeing many hawks fans before 2010. Ever.

but it's cool they come here for a game now.

I will say, don't cheer during the anthem if I'm next to you, or neither of us will see the game.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 05:12 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Why oh why can't all of our players have even half the heart that Patric Hornqvist has? That play was unbelievable.

From a few years ago, but still relevant... (it is safe, they are saying puck not f...!)

I do have to say the Hawks fans behind me were ok. However, they had no idea who the Hawk players were except for "Kaner" and "Tazer" (all I heard all game was "oh that's kaner, get 'em kaner. And then with tazer.) and didn't even know until the second period that it was Emery in net. But the one guy was really impressed with "that preds goalie, man, he's great". But they never had anything bad to say about the Preds/Nashville and just really thought it was a great game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportserie View Post
...... But a lot of it also has to do with how amazingly the Hawks fans travel. They are everywhere.
Sure. I remember a few years ago when we would play the hawks here and there were maybe 10 Hawk fans in the entire arena. And 3 of them were wearing bags on their heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogkid View Post
Ridiculous amount of Hawks fans there yesterday. I was helping hand out the foam fingers at the gate and most of the visitors were okay but there were some outright tools with them as well. I can honestly say I tried to give the finger to every Blackhawk fan I saw yesterday.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:19 AM
deanwormer

Quote:

Well, I went to school in Chicago, and lived there before Nashville. Been to plenty of Bulls/Hawks/Cubs & Sox (yes, both - I'm a sports fan, not one of the teams) games, and as an American, who learned proper respect for our countries traditions, our flag, etc., it is EMBARRASSING to be in the midst of those who don't know, or care to show, proper respect in public for our nation. You're suggesting it's a "choice"; it's not - hats off, hand over heart, salute if you're in uniform, etc. Period.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 10:34 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

It really isn't that complicated. When in Rome, do as the Romans. In Nashville, we remain silent during the anthem until the end. Honestly, it bothers me when people cheer before the song is even over, but it also bothers me when the singer decided to do vocal acrobatics so what can you do?

Hawks fans should feel free to participate in their own traditions, if they are in their home arena. Yelling and screaming during the anthem when the vast majority of people are not doing that is just being an *******, and I bet almost all of the ones doing it know that.

(keep your political views of the anthem to yourself, or go to The Lounge and find the link to the Political board)

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote