HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs win 2-1 despite Chara diving

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2013, 09:47 AM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
Went to the B's PGT and some of them can't handle the loss so they are on denial and rely on the fact they beat us 2 years ago on their way to the cup.

I knew they would bring this up until we beat them back in a playoffs series, or a cup win.
They take a loss to us, the same way we do take a loss to the Leafs...not easy to deal with...they tend to use the wheel of excuses more than us...

Old
04-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Lucic -- not whining

I just wanted to point out that I was surprised by Lucic's post-game interview (was on TSN website last night). He said the types of things that we don't often hear from the Bruins after these games. I don't particularly like Lucic or the Bruins' general team personality, but I figure it's worth mentioning his stand-up interview as a fair counterpoint to the whining we normally hear.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Drive425

Did Julien play Wheel of Excuses?

Old
04-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse View Post
Emelin's injury looks like an MCL tear minimum.....possibly the dreaded triad injury. He got kneed kind of in the thigh though and I'd like to wish it was just a charlie horse....but looking at it, I think the MCL was involved as a minimum.
I say: charlie horse! no, deep bruise!!

Old
04-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souffle View Post
I just wanted to point out that I was surprised by Lucic's post-game interview (was on TSN website last night). He said the types of things that we don't often hear from the Bruins after these games. I don't particularly like Lucic or the Bruins' general team personality, but I figure it's worth mentioning his stand-up interview as a fair counterpoint to the whining we normally hear.
They did an interview with Lucic on CBC. He gave the habs credit and didn't make any excuses. People may not like his on ice antics, but imo he's great off the ice. Furthermore, if he was on our team everyone would love.

The Bruins fans (from what I saw) aren't putting this up bad ice, or anything. They're laying the blame on the team and coaching. I'm sure the fans will eventually get tired of the team's whining every time they lose to the habs.

The refs could be bad. Though, the refs suck for every team at some point. Blaming the ice... That's just desperately grabbing for straws.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
You guys are ridiculous

I HATE Chara and the Bruins.. but Eller CLEARLY grabbed onto his Jersey/Pants. Plain and simple holding call and an idiotic penalty by Eller.
The laws of physics disagree with you, and your theory. Get real.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Frankenheimer

I've always liked Lucic. Kind of a lone wolf out there.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Frankenheimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Are you saying Eller didn't hold the jersey? A guy doesn't need to fall for it to be a penalty.

In any case, glad it ended like that. No excuses for the Bs.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
Are you saying Eller didn't hold the jersey? A guy doesn't need to fall for it to be a penalty.
He did hold his jersey a tiny bit, but yeah, a guy doesn't need to fall like that for it to be a penalty, I agree, the embellishment wasn't necessary on Chara's part.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Lucic is prone to stupid plays and dangerous plays, but he has never been a whiner. He's not in the same league as guys like Marchand, Krejci, Ference and Boychuk who use him for cover on the ice.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Doc McKenna

I think emelin could be out a while. Its not the knee on leg that was the problem. Watch how his foot goes into the boards and his knee buckles. Could be markov like in seriousness.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:08 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
He did hold his jersey a tiny bit, but yeah, a guy doesn't need to fall like that for it to be a penalty, I agree, the embellishment wasn't necessary on Chara's part.
Apparently it was, because as soon as he embellished he got the call. Very stupid play by Eller, who was having a great game and even a fantastic shift up till that point. Luckily it didn't hurt us though.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Frankenheimer

Emelin looked like a dog chasing a car on that play. He needs to learn his limits.

Or do what Ghallager does, hit those big m--- when they're stationary.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
He's right to a certain point though. Embellishment by Chara or not , you cannot grab the jersey of an opponent to slow him down like that. Technically it's a textbook penalty but it doesn't always get called.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:11 AM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
Did Julien play Wheel of Excuses?
No, but Krejci picked up the slack for his head coach - "****** ice"

Old
04-07-2013, 11:25 AM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
He's right to a certain point though. Embellishment by Chara or not , you cannot grab the jersey of an opponent to slow him down like that. Technically it's a textbook penalty but it doesn't always get called.
It was a penalty no question... where the problem lies is not even with the dive... even though I hate diving... it's with the fact that the Bruins claim they don't.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
The laws of physics disagree with me? Have you ever skated before?

They're both moving fast, they're both big, Chara was trying to turn on a dime while Eller had a pretty good grip and tug on the back of his pants. Doesn't matter how tall you are or how much you weigh.. in that situation, that is gunna throw your balance off.

Pretty sure he was lifting his foot to turn as the tug happened too.

I'm not the enemy here. I hate Chara. Most hated player in the league. I hate the Bruins. I know it's funny that they dive after complaining about diving so much, but IMO that wasn't nearly as bad as a dive as people are making it out to be.

Old
04-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Drive425

Quote:
The laws of physics disagree with me? Have you ever skated before?

They're both moving fast, they're both big, Chara was trying to turn on a dime while Eller had a pretty good grip and tug on the back of his pants. Doesn't matter how tall you are or how much you weigh.. in that situation, that is gunna throw your balance off.

Pretty sure he was lifting his foot to turn as the tug happened too.

I'm not the enemy here. I hate Chara. Most hated player in the league. I hate the Bruins. I know it's funny that they dive after complaining about diving so much, but IMO that wasn't nearly as bad as a dive as people are making it out to be.
Should've been 2 minutes each. Eller for interference and Chara for embellishment.

Old
04-07-2013, 12:03 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Come on. I totally agree that Eller should have been called. But it's clear as day as Chara embellished. And the guy is brillant 'cause he knew that since the Bruins didn't get a penalty all night, AND the fact that it was giving the Habs a scoring chance, that the referee had NO other choice but to give the Habs for a penalty. But Chara should have gotten one as well. Habs have been called for diving and embellishing for something WAY LESS than that. Geez, even some in the Bruins board called it....That's says it all.

Old
04-07-2013, 12:25 PM
bib
#believe

Any update on the wheel of excuses?

What will David Cry-chi and his gang of sore losers come up with next?

Old
04-07-2013, 12:25 PM
SB164

Quote:
I don't think I remember Lucic ever whining to the media like Marchand or Cryci. I met the guy a few years ago before a Habs game, he's surprisingly friendly. Told him to ease up on Komisarek, he just kind of chuckled.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Frankenheimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
It was a penalty no question... where the problem lies is not even with the dive... even though I hate diving... it's with the fact that the Bruins claim they don't.
If you read their GDT, and take that for what its worth, they mostly called it a dive.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Noob616

Quote:
He sounds like a member of the Mensa society compared to the rest of the Bruins.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Lucic is actually quite polite and respectful off-ice.

Even when talking about Emelin injury, he didn't say anything bad, just stating it happens when 2 strong guys collide.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Krnage

Closed Thread