HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Completely OT (Some Obscene Number)

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2013, 12:38 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
The Season 3 finale of AMC’s zombie drama “The Walking Dead” unearthed 12.4 million viewers Sunday night, putting to rest for all eternity further argument about the show’s revolving door of showrunners wrecking the franchise.

Personally I LOVED how they left it with The Governor. So many expected him to get killed off. I always felt he was too good a character to kill off so easily and I'm glad they left it open ended.

I just googled reviews for the last episode and they're all generally positive. In my circle of friends, nobody had a problem with the finale.

Old
04-02-2013, 12:58 PM
hb11xchamps

I thought the last episode was great. This half of season 3 was fairly boring to me. Too much dialogue in most of the episodes. I thought the finale and the last episode where Merle dies were two of the best during this half of season 3

Old
04-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Carlzner

I've been getting a lot more bored of Walking Dead for the last while... and on top of that I think the writing has really gone down.

I'll probably still watch it for the discussion with friends and stuff.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:15 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
I thought the one original that got killed of was pretty lame considering this character was a fan whipping dog. Finale was decent but not as good as the farm getting overrun by that zombie peloton in S2.

04-02-2013, 11:47 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra View Post
I wonder how things would have worked out had Housley and Coffey flipped careers.....if Housley played with 99/66/88 in their primes and with the Red Wings during their rise in the 90's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Very similar players. Coffey might've had a better shot—I can't remember for sure. Larry Murphy was good too but not as good as Coffey and Housley.
I dunno but on the subject of Coffey, I'm getting jaw surgery next year. It's the same surgery Coffey had the year the Oilers won the Cup, and the same surgeon. Wish me luck!

Old
04-03-2013, 07:13 AM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

vCash: 50
I forgot about the last 4 new Walking Dead episodes. I don't seem into as I was in the second half of season 2, that's been high point of series from what I've seen so far.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/319429100106297345

Quote:
DC y u so cold

Old
04-04-2013, 01:08 AM
msrulo

had a dispute btw caps fans here. But I sent an apology. don't want threads full of hate on this site.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:14 AM
msrulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
The Season 3 finale of AMC’s zombie drama “The Walking Dead” unearthed 12.4 million viewers Sunday night, putting to rest for all eternity further argument about the show’s revolving door of showrunners wrecking the franchise.

Personally I LOVED how they left it with The Governor. So many expected him to get killed off. I always felt he was too good a character to kill off so easily and I'm glad they left it open ended.

I just googled reviews for the last episode and they're all generally positive. In my circle of friends, nobody had a problem with the finale.
Andrea was the best actor though... I like episodes that leave questions in your head. That one didn't do much except maybe ask about their food supply with the whole lot coming in. It's expected for the governor to seek revenge. But I still wonder what next season is about... Hopefully they find a cure to this mad disease

Old
04-04-2013, 01:32 AM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrulo View Post
Andrea was the best actor though... I like episodes that leave questions in your head. That one didn't do much except maybe ask about their food supply with the whole lot coming in. It's expected for the governor to seek revenge. But I still wonder what next season is about... Hopefully they find a cure to this mad disease
She might have been but she was completely setup to be hated by the writers of the show. Especially with fans of the comic knowing the Governor's true nature. Sort of felt late to have Andrea have such an idealistic nature considering she wanted to off herself in S1.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:34 AM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Top of the Lake series on the Sundance channel I find very good....and I'm dvr'ing this on non-HD...can't remember the last time I've done that. Upcoming Rectify show premise on the same channel also seems good just based on the trailers.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:41 AM
msrulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
She might have been but she was completely setup to be hated by the writers of the show. Especially with fans of the comic knowing the Governor's true nature. Sort of felt late to have Andrea have such an idealistic nature considering she wanted to off herself in S1.
True, I never read the comics but I watch the show. Would of been non-expected to see the governor like that.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Cush
-inator

Vikings has been renewed

Old
04-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
Vikings has been renewed
Awesome! Strangely enough awaiting for Vikings tonight more then GOT.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:32 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

The Streak is alive.....21-0....

Old
04-08-2013, 05:30 PM
BTCG

So... where in the holy heck is The American's going? Lost a lot of respect for the FBI agent, shooting the (what is really a clerk) guy in the head from behind. Hope he goes out that way, too.

Didn't care for the FBI agent that died from the belly wound: guy was an a-hole Playing him up to be some kind of hero smells fron high-heaven. Hard to believe all of these women are calling him to hook up. Yeah.... surrrre.... all these exotic beauties want to jump yer bones, but you want some plain-Jane secretary with a big nose as your first line.

Oh well.

Old
04-08-2013, 05:31 PM
BTCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
Awesome! Strangely enough awaiting for Vikings tonight more then GOT.
Love them Vikings!

Old
04-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCG View Post
Love them Vikings!
Didn't watch any hockey last night, caught up on Americans and GOT. Americans was great, really like Emmerich's character (Beeman). Also, feel bad for the kids... at some point they will have to face some ugly/harsh reality.

GOT on the other hand isn't blowing my squirt up this season, too many subplots, things take a bit too long to unfold, need a notebook to keep track of names and relations... hope it picks up, supposedly 3rd book is the best of the series...

And yeah Vikings are just bad ass.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Well, it's actually above 70 degrees here. It was so cold my hands dried up and split into cuts because of the cold.

It shouldn't be that cold in DC.

Old
04-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
GOT on the other hand isn't blowing my squirt up this season, too many subplots, things take a bit too long to unfold, need a notebook to keep track of names and relations... hope it picks up, supposedly 3rd book is the best of the series...
Give it a few episodes. It'll pick up.

Old
04-09-2013, 02:35 PM
msrulo

I didn't like the last episode of Vikings. Too much emphasis on a 1 vs 1 battle. I preferred the raid episodes.

Old
04-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Well, it's actually above 70 degrees here. It was so cold my hands dried up and split into cuts because of the cold.

It shouldn't be that cold in DC.
Love it. Got to wear a short sleeve shirt and shorts to school today, and likely for the rest of the week.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Chokingdogs

Question for the technophiles/computer media savvy peeps.....

I'm trying to find the easiest, cleanest, relatively inexpensive-ist....way to X-fer shows from my cable box's DVR, to a computer, so I can burn them to DVDs.

**** disclaimer ****

this is in NO WAY a means to attempt to circumvent any copywrite laws, or for me to bootleg any material for sale/profit. this is nothing for than an attempt at a digital age betamaxing of shows i like for my personal viewing pleasure later on.

i have a scumcast SciAtl 8300 HD box, it has 2 six pin firewire ports ( both "appear" to be dead/inactive ) as well as a SATA port for hooking up an external HD to increase the capacity.

near as i can tell, i CAN hook up an external HD ( up to 1 TB and a western digital specific model ), and it will store video. the rub is, the box formats the drive, so if i try to hook the drive to my computer, whatever is on there wont be readable due to the different format style.

i hooked up my mini-dv camcorder to the firewire ports, but nothing was output, so that was a dead end. ideally i'd like to record to my camcorder, then use its digital out to the computer for storage/DVD burning.

is there any kind of a video/audio capture device/thingy that i can hook up to say the component or S-video out that in turn has a mini 4 pin firewire out?

or, is there a way to use an external HD but have the format be compatible with a computer?

i've gotten desperate at this point, and broke out my 10 year old S-vhs to start recording things off the box's internal HD.

Old
04-10-2013, 05:16 PM
kicksavedave
yeahright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokingdogs View Post
Question for the technophiles/computer media savvy peeps.....

I'm trying to find the easiest, cleanest, relatively inexpensive-ist....way to X-fer shows from my cable box's DVR, to a computer, so I can burn them to DVDs.

**** disclaimer ****

this is in NO WAY a means to attempt to circumvent any copywrite laws, or for me to bootleg any material for sale/profit. this is nothing for than an attempt at a digital age betamaxing of shows i like for my personal viewing pleasure later on.

i have a scumcast SciAtl 8300 HD box, it has 2 six pin firewire ports ( both "appear" to be dead/inactive ) as well as a SATA port for hooking up an external HD to increase the capacity.

near as i can tell, i CAN hook up an external HD ( up to 1 TB and a western digital specific model ), and it will store video. the rub is, the box formats the drive, so if i try to hook the drive to my computer, whatever is on there wont be readable due to the different format style.

i hooked up my mini-dv camcorder to the firewire ports, but nothing was output, so that was a dead end. ideally i'd like to record to my camcorder, then use its digital out to the computer for storage/DVD burning.

is there any kind of a video/audio capture device/thingy that i can hook up to say the component or S-video out that in turn has a mini 4 pin firewire out?

or, is there a way to use an external HD but have the format be compatible with a computer?

i've gotten desperate at this point, and broke out my 10 year old S-vhs to start recording things off the box's internal HD.
Easiest way: Get your self a DVD Recorder like this one. Its just a DVD player that also records onto DVD-R or DVD-RW discs. It records whatever you send to it, so you output from your cable box to the DVD player and (after a format) press record and whatever you are watching gets burned directly to the blank -R or -RW disc. Cost about $100, lots of models to choose from, but its a one step process. You can record from live shows or from DVR'd shows, it doesn't care, whatever your cable box is outputting, you can record. You will probably need to output from the cable box using HDMI or even Component and AV cables, not the Firewire.

You could get more expensive ones that save to an internal HD and record in HD, but you said you wanted a cheaper solution.

Last edited by kicksavedave: 04-10-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old
04-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Cush
-inator

Our ac crapped out last year during one of the heatwaves, less than a year later and the new one craps out. At least its cooling down, would rather it happen now than in the middle of summer

Closed Thread