HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Your Penguins Jerseys/Gear

Old
02-21-2013, 02:50 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Just a fast question for those of you who've gone to public signings with players before...

So I'm going to an in-store signing for Brooks Orpik and James Neal on March 8th at AJ Sports World in Vaughn. According to their price listings for both players it says "personalization and/or one inscriptions is included in the price."

What does that mean??? By personalization does that mean that the pucks I wanna get signed would say "To (my name)...from (either Orpik or Neal."

Or, by inscription, could i get Orpik to write "09 Cup Win" underneath his signature on the puck that I want to get from him??? Ditto for if I wanted Neal to inscribe "40 Goals 2012" underneath his signature. Could I?

Lemme know guys. This will be the first in-store signing that I've ever gone to so I'm not sure how inscriptions and personalizations work.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 03:49 PM
SomeDude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Just a fast question for those of you who've gone to public signings with players before...

So I'm going to an in-store signing for Brooks Orpik and James Neal on March 8th at AJ Sports World in Vaughn. According to their price listings for both players it says "personalization and/or one inscriptions is included in the price."

What does that mean??? By personalization does that mean that the pucks I wanna get signed would say "To (my name)...from (either Orpik or Neal."

Or, by inscription, could i get Orpik to write "09 Cup Win" underneath his signature on the puck that I want to get from him??? Ditto for if I wanted Neal to inscribe "40 Goals 2012" underneath his signature. Could I?

Lemme know guys. This will be the first in-store signing that I've ever gone to so I'm not sure how inscriptions and personalizations work.
Your understanding is correct. Usually places charge extra for that, or flat out refuse you to get anything other than the signature. In my experience, players are usually more personable and take more time to sign a clear autograph when you ask for a personalization because they know you're not going to turn around and sell it on eBay.

SomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:54 AM
OKCPensFan

I have been reading the these blogs for a long time but haven't contributed too much. I really love reading all the awesome collections you guys have. I am jealous of a lot of you!

I am personally an apparel collector more than anything. My favorites to collect are the Reebok Center Ice Collection hats, shirts and jackets. Currently I have 29 Reebok hats but I saw one the other night that has eluded me since last year and I can't find it anywhere. Matt Cooke was wearing it in a post game interview and MAF wears it on the bench when he isn't playing in the alts. It is the 2011 Draft Day cap with the alternate blue logo in a S/M. Anyone ever seen these in stores? I live in Oklahoma City so online retailers are usually the only places I can search. Any help you guys might have I would greatly appreciate! This is the white unicorn in my collection!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130330_144707.jpg‎ (72.4 KB, 16 views)

OKCPensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Pinguinla
SCF Game 7

Waiting for these to arrive in the UK, will order a jersey too when I can afford one.

Then one of these for my soft toy to wear:

Pinguinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Iron Fist
welcome home Stastny

My new favorite jersey.

Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:08 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoor living View Post
My new favorite jersey.

Is that yours in the picture??? Is that a knockoff??? I only am asking because the "A" on that looks ridiculously oversized IMO.

Old
04-07-2013, 05:54 AM
Fuzzy Bunny

I only have one Penguins jersey. I've always been so happy with it I've never bothered spending my $ on any of the new jerseys.

Not my jersey, but identical to this. No "C" as I actually had it special ordered with "Lemieux" a week or two before it leaked he was returning so I was very, very happy

I also had the 95-96 alternate w/ Jagr but I was only in Grade 3. I have obviously outgrown it and donated it.

I have a couple t-shirts, long sleeves that I have picked up either here in Canada or when I've been down to Pittsburgh. Also, back at my family home I have an autographed pennant from the 95-96 roster. Some other small stuff like a Crsoby bobble head and vanity plate I have as a cover for my dvd box. Nothing too grand.

Fuzzy Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:36 AM
Jacques G
Glassic

Blank Winter Classic Jersey
Crosby Toddler Size Jersey
Green Rugby-style Penguins shirt (St. Patrick's Day)
Green St. Patrick's Day fitted cap
Trucker-style cap
Black fitted cap
Winter hat that I sewed a Penguins patch onto

100% certain I'll be getting an Iginla name and # t-shirt in the near future

Jacques G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Sutter16

Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
I have a James Neal white and a Sid home jersey. I am surprised I am the only one so far with a Neal jersey.
Yeah I have an away Neal jersey too

Sutter16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Fleury Koho Home jersey from his first season.
Letang winter classic jersey from the first winter classic
Crosby Away Reebok Jersey
Framed Autographed Crosby Home Jersey
Framed autographed Fleury game 7 save to win the cup.
Iginla Player T-shirt

Traded players-
Tangradi #26 home jersey
*Whitney player T-shirt*
Sykora player T-shirt

*will be made into a Beau Bennet T.

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Iron Fist
welcome home Stastny

Quote:
Is that yours in the picture??? Is that a knockoff??? I only am asking because the "A" on that looks ridiculously oversized IMO.
Yeah that's me with it on in the picture. No it's not a knockoff, I purchased it from icejerseys.com who do amazing work. I have about 7 jerseys from them and they do great work.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:16 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoor living View Post
Yeah that's me with it on in the picture. No it's not a knockoff, I purchased it from icejerseys.com who do amazing work. I have about 7 jerseys from them and they do great work.
Yeah Icejerseys are good for sure. Still the "A" on yours looks alot bigger than the one Geno wears on his jersey. I wonder why?? Or is it just bigger because of the picture?

Old
04-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Iron Fist
welcome home Stastny

Quote:
Yeah Icejerseys are good for sure. Still the "A" on yours looks alot bigger than the one Geno wears on his jersey. I wonder why?? Or is it just bigger because of the picture?
It does look bigger. It's not the picture because that's how it looks with the naked eye. But it is indeed bigger, not sure why though.

Old
04-07-2013, 06:35 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Wanted to post pictures of my framed and signed Mario with the Cup 16X20 picture again just because it's so ****ing sweet.

I can also repost pictures of my signed puck collection again for those who haven't seen it.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:45 PM
eagleeyes

I know this is a thread about Pens gear you own, but I was wondering if you are able to get player specific Official Reebok Edge Authentic's anywhere online? All I can seem to find is blank ones. And there don't seem to be many sites with them, and the NHL site doesn't have any... they only have the Premier. Am I better off just getting a Premier?

eagleeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 08:46 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post
I know this is a thread about Pens gear you own, but I was wondering if you are able to get player specific Official Reebok Edge Authentic's anywhere online? All I can seem to find is blank ones. And there don't seem to be many sites with them, and the NHL site doesn't have any... they only have the Premier. Am I better off just getting a Premier?
If I recall correctly, all RBK Edge jerseys are always sold blank.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:12 PM
eagleeyes

Quote:
If I recall correctly, all RBK Edge jerseys are always sold blank.
I saw that the NHL site sells Ducks edge jerseys with names

Old
04-07-2013, 09:24 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
I saw that the NHL site sells Ducks edge jerseys with names
Oh??? Well ShopNHL.com is probably the worst place you can go for jersey customization. They heat press the names and numbers on, the quality of which is garbage and looks like ****.

If you really want an Authentic (which personally I wouldn't suggest since they appear to be made in Indonesia now) just get one off of a place like Icejerseys where they sew everything on and the team fonts and whatnot are 100% accurate.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:34 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Oh??? Well ShopNHL.com is probably the worst place you can go for jersey customization. They heat press the names and numbers on, the quality of which is garbage and looks like ****.

If you really want an Authentic (which personally I wouldn't suggest since they appear to be made in Indonesia now) just get one off of a place like Icejerseys where they sew everything on and the team fonts and whatnot are 100% accurate.
I got my Phaneuf jersey from there with authentic stitching for $180. It's a good site.

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:03 PM
eagleeyes

Quote:

Looks like I'm getting mine from there. Thanks man.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:06 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Looks like I'm getting mine from there. Thanks man.
From where??? Icejerseys?

Old
04-07-2013, 11:24 PM
eagleeyes

Quote:
From where??? Icejerseys?
Yes sir.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:26 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

very old video but this shows what jerseys i currently have.

(yeah, i know, i have a ton of home jerseys... i'm planning on ordering an away jersey though lol)

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:10 AM
MovesLikeJagr

I have a Malkin all star jersey, Staal navy blue alternate, black Mario jersey, and some hats and pucks. I also have a practice jersey, my step dad bought it for me, it has our regular logo on it but its dark blue, and feels and looks a lot nicer than other practice jerseys in stores. Any info would be appreciated.

MovesLikeJagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Ozz

Just picked this up on ebay, a giant 6+ foot outdoor banner from the Cup win celebration. Not sure where I'm going to put it yet, it's too large to fit anywhere. I had to have it though. I wanted a lifesize Sid standup to add to the rest of my Penguins memorabilia shrine, but I couldn't find one and had to go larger than life.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote