HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

GDT: NJ Devils Vs. NY Islanders @ 7:30 pm EST - 12/26

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-26-2003, 09:34 PM
  #51
Unthinkable
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
That's defintely a avatar keeper for you. Remember that pass he made to Lagenbrunner in game five of the scfs, he was lying on the ice and he was able to pass it back to him for a goal. That's what you got to love about him, he'll do whatever it takes to win.
I do remember that. It was totally Steve Yzerman like.

 
Old
12-27-2003, 09:55 AM
  #52
NJDevs430
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,901
vCash: 500
Does anyone else here think that Rafalski blew his responsibility to take the pass away on the game-winner in OT?
}:-(>
Does anyone else here think that maybe it should not have come down to that? Maybe if they'd played through the first thirty minutes the way the played the last thirty minutes as well, they would have had two points?
Maybe it's just me...
Rasmussen played well...far from the game that earned him the nickname Assmuffin. Still, I thought Skrlac should've got the start...maybe over Marshall?
How long until Langenbrunner comes back?
Hale cannot fight...but at least he took on someone his own size and approximate fighting skills level, and injected life into the team. Asham did him a favor by dropping the gloves.
At least we gained a point on Philly, and the Devils were able to come back from three goals down (though they should not have been three goals down if they impose their will on this game).
Pittsburgh scored three goals against Ottawa (though they gave up three as well). Devils had better be careful to guard against a letdown.
Let's see what the Isles can do against Toronto.
Odds on Kidd starting in goal for the Leafs?

NJDevs430 is offline  
Old
12-27-2003, 10:00 AM
  #53
PEli*
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: abroad
Posts: 8,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubina_Fan
He could do so much . . .
He has done so much. The guy has been to three SCFs in four years and has a couple of rings to show for it. I'd hope that he treasures the rings more than some gaudy stats that will make him another few million per.

PEli* is offline  
Old
12-27-2003, 10:08 AM
  #54
Unthinkable
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:


New Jersey Devils' Patrik Elias, of the Czech Republic, slides the puck past New York Islanders goaltender Garth Snow, left, for a goal during the second period Friday night, Dec. 26, 2003, in East Rutherford, N.J.
(AP Photo/Bill Kostroun)

 
Old
12-27-2003, 10:15 AM
  #55
Unthinkable
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs430
Does anyone else here think that Rafalski blew his responsibility to take the pass away on the game-winner in OT?
}:-(>
Does anyone else here think that maybe it should not have come down to that? Maybe if they'd played through the first thirty minutes the way the played the last thirty minutes as well, they would have had two points?
Maybe it's just me...
Its not just you. They scored three unanswered goals and then screwed the pooch in OT. The Islanders are playing the Devils just as hard as the Flyers and Penguins have. Peca has told the media its time for his team to mature and not use Yashin's injury as a crutch.

Quote:
Rasmussen played well...far from the game that earned him the nickname Assmuffin. Still, I thought Skrlac should've got the start...maybe over Marshall?
How long until Langenbrunner comes back?
Hale cannot fight...but at least he took on someone his own size and approximate fighting skills level, and injected life into the team. Asham did him a favor by dropping the gloves.
At least we gained a point on Philly, and the Devils were able to come back from three goals down (though they should not have been three goals down if they impose their will on this game).
Pittsburgh scored three goals against Ottawa (though they gave up three as well). Devils had better be careful to guard against a letdown.
Let's see what the Isles can do against Toronto.
Odds on Kidd starting in goal for the Leafs?
Rasmussen looks nothing like the player I saw play last season. Nothing at all. Burns has done a good job getting consistent efforts out of him so far. Even when he's not scoring or figuring in goals, he's generally doing good things for the team. I think Langenbrunner is supposed to be back first or second week in January. I was glad to see Hale finally lose it.

 
Old
12-27-2003, 10:40 AM
  #56
Missionhockey
Registered User
 
Missionhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,578
vCash: 500
How did he do in the fight? I only saw the 3 period (thank god)

Missionhockey is offline  
Old
12-27-2003, 01:36 PM
  #57
Unthinkable
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionHockey
How did he do in the fight? I only saw the 3 period (thank god)
Doc and Chico were correct in pointing out that the blood flow on Asham's face wasn't from a landed punch by Hale. The safe bet was that it happened on the hit which proceeded the fight. Hale mostly tried to tie him up. He threw a few, but I don't think any of them really hit. He seemed to fair better then Marshall would have done though. He didn't get hammered thankfully. Maybe it will be just the catalyst he needs.

 
Old
12-27-2003, 08:58 PM
  #58
King of Stankonia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: aka Kubina_Fan Blues fan in Ontario loving Calgary
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
Uhmm we've won three cups in nine years, how can you say we don't have a centre of seriuos talent. Neidermeyer, Brodeur, Rafalski, Madden, Lagenbrunner, Gomez, Stevens, Brylin, Gionta.........I don't know about you but I think that these boys can play.
I meant "a centre" as in the position. I was also referring to offensive talent. I was not trying to knock the Devils at all. In fact, I'd still be a Leafs fan today if it weren't for trading away a 1st round pick for Tom Kurvers (The Nieds pick).

King of Stankonia is offline  
Old
12-27-2003, 09:00 PM
  #59
King of Stankonia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: aka Kubina_Fan Blues fan in Ontario loving Calgary
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEli
He has done so much. The guy has been to three SCFs in four years and has a couple of rings to show for it. I'd hope that he treasures the rings more than some gaudy stats that will make him another few million per.
Again, I meant offensively. I'm sure all of you guys are tired of people saying that the Devils and the trap system are ruining hockey, but Elias could be racking up 90 points per on a team like saaaaaay, any other team. You guys are blessed to have someone like Elias play for you.

King of Stankonia is offline  
Old
12-28-2003, 04:31 AM
  #60
PEli*
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: abroad
Posts: 8,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubina_Fan
Again, I meant offensively. I'm sure all of you guys are tired of people saying that the Devils and the trap system are ruining hockey, but Elias could be racking up 90 points per on a team like saaaaaay, any other team. You guys are blessed to have someone like Elias play for you.
Yes, and my point is that Elias probably doesn't care about racking up 90 points. If he did care, he'd have staged a hold out before last season and would have been dealt to some sinking ship in the WC.

I think we're happy to have Patty in Jersey. Sometimes Devil fans take his talent for granted but he's on pace to score a nice pile of points this year and I wouldn't want to see him play anywhere else.

PEli* is offline  
Old
12-28-2003, 05:44 AM
  #61
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 19,971
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubina_Fan
I meant "a centre" as in the position. I was also referring to offensive talent. I was not trying to knock the Devils at all. In fact, I'd still be a Leafs fan today if it weren't for trading away a 1st round pick for Tom Kurvers (The Nieds pick).
I still say to this day the Leafs GM Floyd Smith had to be drunk as hell the day he made that trade, the '91 draft was deep with talent (Neider, Lindros, Kovalev, Naslund, Forsberg). To trade a #1 pick away when you knew what kind of draft was coming up for a decent offensive dman has got to be one of the stupidest moves of the 1990's.

Ronnie Bass is offline  
Old
12-28-2003, 07:07 AM
  #62
Missionhockey
Registered User
 
Missionhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEli
Yes, and my point is that Elias probably doesn't care about racking up 90 points. If he did care, he'd have staged a hold out before last season and would have been dealt to some sinking ship in the WC.
Actually I think he does care. If he didn't he wouldn't have said that he is a point per game player, but he cares more about winning than he does about stats.

Missionhockey is offline  
Old
12-28-2003, 09:26 AM
  #63
Kvashinator12
Registered User
 
Kvashinator12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 7,018
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs430
?
Hale cannot fight...but at least he took on someone his own size and approximate fighting skills level, and injected life into the team. Asham did him a favor by dropping the gloves.

Let's see what the Isles can do against Toronto.
Odds on Kidd starting in goal for the Leafs?
Well as for Asham, he is a very good fighter in the middleweight division. He tagged Hale a few times.

As for the leafs we got Belfour and beat him.

Kvashinator12 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.