HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General OT Thread #28: Hoppy's Luck Guides Our Puck

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-07-2013, 01:09 AM
  #201
W75
Wegistewed Usew
 
W75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,494
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
IN A WORLD...
*flash of planet earth*
...where everybody can trace their origins to one moderator...
*show a gopher coming out of a hole*
...sentience spreads like a virus...
*montage of people opening their eyes*
...and users must fight...
*montage of people fighting each other*
...FOR THE SANITY OF THEIR BRIDES
*Small clip of two beautiful women stressed out*
COMING THIS MAY
*People driving crazily through traffic*
THE MOTION PICTURE EVENT OF THE SUMMER
*Wedding cakes are being carried by big burly men strapped with weapons and gear*
STARRING MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY as VASHANESH
*"Alright alright alright, let's get this show on the road!"
AND TOM CRUISE as ENGEBRETSON
*"Show me the reception!"
ONE WILD WEDDING
*Fireworks and explosions*


Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Man you took that way too seriously
Gopher, don't try to bluff and distract us (yourself). All of us (you) knows what we (you) are dealing with here. We're (You're) getting married with ourselves (yourself)...

W75 is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 01:21 AM
  #202
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,471
vCash: 50
Stop it you're scaring us!

Avder is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 01:23 AM
  #203
Haite
x
 
Haite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 2465
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
IN A WORLD...
*flash of planet earth*
...where everybody can trace their origins to one moderator...
*show a gopher coming out of a hole*
...sentience spreads like a virus...
*montage of people opening their eyes*
...and users must fight...
*montage of people fighting each other*
...FOR THE SANITY OF THEIR BRIDES
*Small clip of two beautiful women stressed out*
COMING THIS MAY
*People driving crazily through traffic*
THE MOTION PICTURE EVENT OF THE SUMMER
*Wedding cakes are being carried by big burly men strapped with weapons and gear*
STARRING MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY as VASHANESH
*"Alright alright alright, let's get this show on the road!"
AND TOM CRUISE as ENGEBRETSON
*"Show me the reception!"
ONE WILD WEDDING
*Fireworks and explosions*
A film adaptation before the book has been published? Snappy.

Haite is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 01:26 AM
  #204
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner
 
Blizzard6411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,493
vCash: 500
Seen it

Blizzard6411 is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 07:37 AM
  #205
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
IN A WORLD...
*flash of planet earth*
...where everybody can trace their origins to one moderator...
*show a gopher coming out of a hole*
...sentience spreads like a virus...
*montage of people opening their eyes*
...and users must fight...
*montage of people fighting each other*
...FOR THE SANITY OF THEIR BRIDES
*Small clip of two beautiful women stressed out*
COMING THIS MAY
*People driving crazily through traffic*
THE MOTION PICTURE EVENT OF THE SUMMER
*Wedding cakes are being carried by big burly men strapped with weapons and gear*
STARRING MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY as VASHANESH
*"Alright alright alright, let's get this show on the road!"
AND TOM CRUISE as ENGEBRETSON
*"Show me the reception!"
ONE WILD WEDDING
*Fireworks and explosions*
The generic movie trailer? Not bad. Not bad at all. Although I would've left people opening their eyes to the end, to raise further questions.

__________________
"Flat out until you see God, count to three, then brake!" - Kevin Schwantz
Puhis is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 07:48 AM
  #206
Engebretson
Another GopherClone
 
Engebretson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
IN A WORLD...
*flash of planet earth*
...where everybody can trace their origins to one moderator...
*show a gopher coming out of a hole*
...sentience spreads like a virus...
*montage of people opening their eyes*
...and users must fight...
*montage of people fighting each other*
...FOR THE SANITY OF THEIR BRIDES
*Small clip of two beautiful women stressed out*
COMING THIS MAY
*People driving crazily through traffic*
THE MOTION PICTURE EVENT OF THE SUMMER
*Wedding cakes are being carried by big burly men strapped with weapons and gear*
STARRING MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY as VASHANESH
*"Alright alright alright, let's get this show on the road!"
AND TOM CRUISE as ENGEBRETSON
*"Show me the reception!"
ONE WILD WEDDING
*Fireworks and explosions*
I would watch that movie.

The only thing I would change is my casting; I'm 6'3 and Tom Cruise is like 5'4. Other than that, you've got a summer blockbuster on your hands.

Engebretson is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 09:33 AM
  #207
FUBAR McDangles
Registered User
 
FUBAR McDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,780
vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
I would watch that movie.

The only thing I would change is my casting; I'm 6'3 and Tom Cruise is like 5'4. Other than that, you've got a summer blockbuster on your hands.
The first trailer was released prematurely when the film was still in early production stages. Tom Cruise requested portable heaters and was denied, so he dropped out of the film. Matthew McConaughey also dropped out because he said he was "Too old for this". This production has been a disaster.

Theatrical trailer #2, attached to the Pixar film "Planes":

plays in the background
Wide shot of a Church with bells ringing

(Bridesmaid's voice)"Are you ready?"

show ANNA KENDRICK in her white wedding dress

"I...just don't know..."

show two guys in an empty morning bar

(Best man's voice)"Are you ready?"

CHRIS HEMSWORTH: "I think so."

Police fly by in the background and both guys watch them go in wonder

Camera goes by a wonderful wedding cake and an outdoor gazebo chapel thing

(show ASHLEY GREENE in her wedding dress with a cake knife in hand)

"WHY ARE THE FLOWERS BLUE, VASH? THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE TEAL!"

Two groomsmen in full Stormtrooper gear arrive with blasters raised

JAKE GYLLENHAAL: "It'll all work out, don't worry."

ASHLEY GREEN continues to rage with a huge knife

camera pans out to a hill overlooking the outdoor catastrophe, where a lone figure in all black stands with a black cane with a silver Gopher's head as the handle.

MORGAN FREEMAN: "It's all going according to plan."

THIS MAY

Police chase flying through downtown St. Paul

IN 3D

ANNA KENDRICK, in her wedding dress, hangs out the car window firing an Uzi at the trailing police

CHRIS HEMSWORTH as ENGEBRETSON and ANNA KENDRICK as Mrs. ENGEBRETSON

ASHLEY GREEN is cornered with a can of aerosol and a lighter, blasting a huge flame as the Stormtroopers try to get near

JAKE GYLLENHAAL as VASHANESH and ASHLEY GREEN as Mrs. VASHANESH

MORGAN FREEMAN laughs maniacly

ONE WILD WEDDING

FUBAR McDangles is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 09:45 AM
  #208
Engebretson
Another GopherClone
 
Engebretson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
The first trailer was released prematurely when the film was still in early production stages. Tom Cruise requested portable heaters and was denied, so he dropped out of the film. Matthew McConaughey also dropped out because he said he was "Too old for this". This production has been a disaster.

Theatrical trailer #2, attached to the Pixar film "Planes":

plays in the background
Wide shot of a Church with bells ringing

(Bridesmaid's voice)"Are you ready?"

show ANNA KENDRICK in her white wedding dress

"I...just don't know..."

show two guys in an empty morning bar

(Best man's voice)"Are you ready?"

CHRIS HEMSWORTH: "I think so."

Police fly by in the background and both guys watch them go in wonder

Camera goes by a wonderful wedding cake and an outdoor gazebo chapel thing

(show ASHLEY GREENE in her wedding dress with a cake knife in hand)

"WHY ARE THE FLOWERS BLUE, VASH? THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE TEAL!"

Two groomsmen in full Stormtrooper gear arrive with blasters raised

JAKE GYLLENHAAL: "It'll all work out, don't worry."

ASHLEY GREEN continues to rage with a huge knife

camera pans out to a hill overlooking the outdoor catastrophe, where a lone figure in all black stands with a black cane with a silver Gopher's head as the handle.

MORGAN FREEMAN: "It's all going according to plan."

THIS MAY

Police chase flying through downtown St. Paul

IN 3D

ANNA KENDRICK, in her wedding dress, hangs out the car window firing an Uzi at the trailing police

CHRIS HEMSWORTH as ENGEBRETSON and ANNA KENDRICK as Mrs. ENGEBRETSON

ASHLEY GREEN is cornered with a can of aerosol and a lighter, blasting a huge flame as the Stormtroopers try to get near

JAKE GYLLENHAAL as VASHANESH and ASHLEY GREEN as Mrs. VASHANESH

MORGAN FREEMAN laughs maniacly

ONE WILD WEDDING
I am Engebretson, and I approve of this amazing trailer.

Well done sir.

Engebretson is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 11:15 AM
  #209
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Morgan Freeman as GopherState? Shut up and take my money.

Puhis is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 11:37 AM
  #210
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,606
vCash: 500
Converted a $20 used Huffy into a balance bike for my son's 4th birthday:



Not bad if I can say so myself.

Jarick is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 11:44 AM
  #211
W75
Wegistewed Usew
 
W75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,494
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Morgan Freeman as GopherState? Shut up and take my money.
Heck yeah! I heard a rumor that the other mods are Christopher Walken, Gary Oldman and Alan Rickman??

W75 is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 11:48 AM
  #212
FUBAR McDangles
Registered User
 
FUBAR McDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,780
vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi75 View Post
Heck yeah! I heard a rumor that the other mods are Christopher Walken, Gary Oldman and Alan Rickman??
Nothing's confirmed yet, but the following are currently in talks or are close to signing contracts:

Jack Nicholson as Jarick
Hugo Weaving as Fel 96
Christopher Walken as This Providence.

Gary Oldman had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts, and Alan Rickman was never contacted.

And angry Hugh Jackman is set to cameo as ranting Avder.

FUBAR McDangles is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 12:00 PM
  #213
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,471
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Nothing's confirmed yet, but the following are currently in talks or are close to signing contracts:

Jack Nicholson as Jarick
Hugo Weaving as Fel 96
Christopher Walken as This Providence.

Gary Oldman had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts, and Alan Rickman was never contacted.

And angry Hugh Jackman is set to cameo as ranting Avder.
Awesome. I better win the fight scene.

Avder is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 12:09 PM
  #214
elnewby
We got em'!
 
elnewby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,379
vCash: 410
I think it's time for an avatar change, this one hasn't served us well over the last week.

elnewby is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 12:27 PM
  #215
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Nothing's confirmed yet, but the following are currently in talks or are close to signing contracts:

Jack Nicholson as Jarick
Hugo Weaving as Fel 96
Christopher Walken as This Providence.

Gary Oldman had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts, and Alan Rickman was never contacted.

And angry Hugh Jackman is set to cameo as ranting Avder.
Fel needs a French-Canadian actor. Justin Theroux from American Psycho perhaps?

Aki Kaurismäki is hired as a director (Finnish users will know exactly why), with Michael Bay as the stunt co-ordinator.

Puhis is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 12:52 PM
  #216
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 8,098
vCash: 500
Nick cage as SoH.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 12:58 PM
  #217
Haite
x
 
Haite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 2465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Fel needs a French-Canadian actor. Justin Theroux from American Psycho perhaps?
I'm thinking Russell Crowe. He might not be French-Canadian, but he certainly looks like one.

Haite is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 01:03 PM
  #218
BuddyMcCormick
Registered User
 
BuddyMcCormick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,901
vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
Nick cage as SoH.
Not nearly depressing enough.


Last edited by BuddyMcCormick: 04-07-2013 at 01:23 PM.
BuddyMcCormick is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 01:05 PM
  #219
Minnesota
Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 14,828
vCash: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Converted a $20 used Huffy into a balance bike for my son's 4th birthday:



Not bad if I can say so myself.
That thing looks awesome. Love the color scheme.

Minnesota is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 01:18 PM
  #220
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,471
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
Not nearly as depressing enough.
I think Cage would be great. He could pull off one of his terribly acted agony scenes as he explains how this wedding will cost us 5 Stanley Cups!

Avder is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 01:33 PM
  #221
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
I think Cage would be great. He could pull off one of his terribly acted agony scenes as he explains how this wedding will cost us 5 Stanley Cups!
Yeah, I had the same thought. It would be almost a perfect fit.

Various forum members either need to make a cameo or appear in the crowd, but who will represent them as actors? Robert Downey Jr. as rynryn?

Puhis is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 01:38 PM
  #222
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner
 
Blizzard6411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Nothing's confirmed yet, but the following are currently in talks or are close to signing contracts:

Jack Nicholson as Jarick
Hugo Weaving as Fel 96
Christopher Walken as This Providence.

Gary Oldman had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts, and Alan Rickman was never contacted.

And angry Hugh Jackman is set to cameo as ranting Avder.
Nobody rants better than Richard Dreyfus, is he available?

Blizzard6411 is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 02:23 PM
  #223
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,606
vCash: 500
Jason Alexander is the king of empty rants.

Jarick is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 02:25 PM
  #224
Engebretson
Another GopherClone
 
Engebretson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 50
If there is a playoff game on May 4th, this would make a perfect GDT theme.

Engebretson is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 08:04 PM
  #225
FUBAR McDangles
Registered User
 
FUBAR McDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,780
vCash: 710
The new Gabriel Iglesias special just started on Comedy Central. So good.


FUBAR McDangles is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Š2014 All Rights Reserved.