HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Rosters: Re-arrange the chairs on this sinking ship

Old
04-07-2013, 11:58 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
what are we gaining by moving one top six 30 goal scorer for a top six 35 goal scorer? is 5 goals worth a first rounder and a top prospect? no.

if you try and make a move around bobby ryan, a first, a top d prospect and a bottom six is enough.

as far as Sbisa goes, he was the main D piece coming from Philly to Anaheim in the Pronger trade. He is a very very good defensive dman

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 12:08 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Maybe I'm just not as high on Hornqvist as everyone else. Yes, he goes to the dirty areas, but he doesn't make his teammates better IMO. His teammates have to make him better. Ryan can create things on his own, and he also makes his linemates better.

Again, it can be worked with, but we're going to have to send back pieces that help Anaheim if we're going to take Bobby Ryan. They need at least one top six forward (especially if Selanne retires) and SK isn't going to cut it by himself.

I halfway expect them to try to move Hiller. If that happens I don't see them moving Ryan at all.

04-07-2013, 12:10 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Just for ***** and giggles, though, what if we're able to swing a deal for Ryan without giving up our 1st, and then we can draft Lindholm?

Ryan - Lindholm/Wilson - Forsberg would be a sick top line.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

I'm not crazy about Ribeiro. Streit I would love though; great puck moving defenseman, would be a nice addition to the PP. He's also a legitimate 2nd pairing+ defenseman; move Bartley down with Ellis/Gill and trade Blum.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:06 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
I'm not crazy about Ribeiro. Streit I would love though; great puck moving defenseman, would be a nice addition to the PP. He's also a legitimate 2nd pairing+ defenseman; move Bartley down with Ellis/Gill and trade Blum.
Ditto on Streit lefty, can compliment Klein and Nash would have 2 Swiss dmen so we can call them the Swiss Guard.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:46 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Maybe I'm just not as high on Hornqvist as everyone else. Yes, he goes to the dirty areas, but he doesn't make his teammates better IMO. His teammates have to make him better. Ryan can create things on his own, and he also makes his linemates better.

Again, it can be worked with, but we're going to have to send back pieces that help Anaheim if we're going to take Bobby Ryan. They need at least one top six forward (especially if Selanne retires) and SK isn't going to cut it by himself.

I halfway expect them to try to move Hiller. If that happens I don't see them moving Ryan at all.
I'm with you on horny.

He doesn't make the players around him better. He can't really skate with or control the puck. Not a great passer. Not a great skater. Just a tremendous worker and plays with heart.

And I think he is tradable no doubt. I'm not as high on him as the majority of ppl

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:49 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Hornqvist is ridiculously overrated by preds fans.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:50 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
what are we gaining by moving one top six 30 goal scorer for a top six 35 goal scorer? is 5 goals worth a first rounder and a top prospect? no.

if you try and make a move around bobby ryan, a first, a top d prospect and a bottom six is enough.

as far as Sbisa goes, he was the main D piece coming from Philly to Anaheim in the Pronger trade. He is a very very good defensive dman
1st + Blum + Smith = Bobby Ryan?

Because I would do that in a millisecond.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
1st + Blum + Smith = Bobby Ryan?

Because I would do that in a millisecond.
It all depends on where our 1st is. We could very easily end up picking a player better than Bobby Ryan if we continue the suckage. Keep in mind that with the new lottery system, there is a chance that every non-playoff team could get the #1 overall. Let's hold off until we know where we're picking.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
We have no one else like him. He is a character guy that works his ass off and plays like he wants to win every single shift. He isn't that talented, but he still is the kind of guy I'd like to hang on to if at all possible.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Iron Duke

Guys, really, Anaheim has no incentive to give up Ryan, and while they are a "budget team," their payroll is easily manageable going forward with Selanne and Koivu's salary coming off the books by the time Ryan will need a raise. Bob Murray has said several times that they have enough payroll to fit all 3 of them long term (sound familiar?). It's just not going to happen.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
We have no one else like him. He is a character guy that works his ass off and plays like he wants to win every single shift. He isn't that talented, but he still is the kind of guy I'd like to hang on to if at all possible.
Guys that will score 20-30 a season playing the type of game he does are keepers. He makes the PP better by being a pain in the ass in front of the net, draws penalties doing the same, and works his ass off to get garbage goals. Slightly overrated by us? Perhaps. Doesn't mean he isn't a very valuable player to have.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:23 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I guess we can try to go after Gagner, but I was looking for more bold moves.

Malkin?

Old
04-07-2013, 03:24 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Also, I wasn't condoning getting rid of Hornqvist without replacing him. If we were to ever trade for a player of Ryan's caliber we are sending Hornqvist ++ back, or Josi/Wilson or even Forsberg now will be involved.

Personally, I'd much rather have Ryan on the PP than Hornqvist.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:52 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I guess we can try to go after Gagner, but I was looking for more bold moves.

Malkin?
You joke but I could see a situation where he walks in and says 'I want to be paid more than Crosby' He IS a UFA next yr.

Do I see it happening? No. But could it? Yes.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:25 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
You joke but I could see a situation where he walks in and says 'I want to be paid more than Crosby' He IS a UFA next yr.

Do I see it happening? No. But could it? Yes.
My brother and I have been casually discussing the possibility of going after Malkin next summer. It would be incredible, which is why it won't happen for Nashville

Old
04-07-2013, 04:56 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I know and I do like him, but he'll never score 30 goals in a preds uni again.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 09:56 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Realistically, I do not see us trading for a top 4 Dman. I think we're letting Josi grow into a first pair guy and we're gonna' see what else we got in the pipeline to play with Klein.

As the roster exists today, which of those elite FAs should be attracted here? We have to find "our Gaborik", who looks at this as a team with the right pieces in place ready to move up again. I think we have the bodies that we could make that impression, but I'm not sure that ices the best Preds team next year.

It means Wilson as 1C, rather than on a line centered by Leggy with Beck on the other side. Leggy takes a lotta' grief, but he's darned solid and we can be respectable with him as top C. But - means we're back to Fish as 2C, etc, and that's not gonna' send the "we're moving up" message we need to find our Gaborik.

So, if it's me - I chat with coach Trotz and Wilson is the 1C. Also, one of Fish or Leggy is moving to a wing, because Smith is our 3C. We simply have to find out if either of those guys is gonna' make it as a C if we want to attract a dynamic scoring type; cause if they aren't Cs, that's what we're gonna' have to go get.

Blum and SK are my trade-bait - upped to Ellis if the deal is right. We keep one of Clune/Yip, one of Hali/Spals.
How's that shake-out:

Beck/Wilson/Bourque
Fish/Leggy/ trade from SK/Blum
Horny/Smith/ 1of Spals/Hali
1of Yip/Clune /Goose/Butler (keeping place warm for Budish or Watson) Mueller as 13th F; if we don't wanna' sign him you sign both Spals/Hali.

Not sure that's a PO team - strong play from Peks and some growth from Josi and Ellis might get us there. But, we'll know if Wilson can play C or needs to be an F, we'll find out if Smith can play or not on the timetable we need, we'll have ready-made spots for Budish/Watson/Flip when they're ready without stupid NTC contracts, etc. in our way. Trotz still gets to play with his 3 balanced lines, but they're better (or we crash and burn).

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 04:56 PM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
I know and I do like him, but he'll never score 30 goals in a preds uni again.
If Trotz stays with his system of "only greasy goals", without Horns the Preds will score a total of 20 goals all of next season.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 05:12 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I guess if we lose Hornqvist without any sort of return then yes, our offense will suffer, but if you package him for a true top line player then I don't see the issue. Beck and Bourque can't go to the net?

Old
04-08-2013, 05:23 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
If Trotz stays with his system of "only greasy goals", without Horns the Preds will score a total of 20 goals all of next season.
Righttt....

Hornqvist has what 4 goals this year? I know he has been hurt some out a "30" goal scorer should have a lot more than 4 in the amount of games he has played.

Wilson, Beck, and Bourque will probably get more goals than him
If they are healthy.

Hornqvist only scores on deflections or tap ins. His shot sucks. And the last 2 years he has been a lot more inconsistent.

Old
04-08-2013, 06:56 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Hornqvist has great hands in close, saying he cannot reproduce his 30 goal, he had 27 last year despite missing 6 games is just wrong.

Is he having an off year? Yes, but the team overall is having an off year.

I do however think Bourque and Beck are more overall better offensive players but not many in the league are better at tips and redirects as Hornqvist, he'll rebound, and 30 goals is not out of the question.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 07:20 PM
thecloser

I feel pretty confident saying Forsberg is going to play next year. It'll be interesting when we can get Pontus Aberg over as well. (#1 and #2 in pts in Leksand league)

Also, just my thoughts, why don't we try to go after Pascal Dupuis if he's not re-signed by the end of the year. Dude has like 19goals this season.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:22 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
I feel pretty confident saying Forsberg is going to play next year. It'll be interesting when we can get Pontus Aberg over as well. (#1 and #2 in pts in Leksand league)

Also, just my thoughts, why don't we try to go after Pascal Dupuis if he's not re-signed by the end of the year. Dude has like 19goals this season.
By product of playing on a line with Crosby.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:54 PM
thecloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
By product of playing on a line with Crosby.
touche

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote