HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

John Tavares carrying the Islanders to daylight

Old
04-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Oleg4Prez

vCash: 500
John Tavares carrying the Islanders to daylight

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nhl...?sct=uk_t11_a2

Not sure if I saw it posted yet.

Oleg4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 03:53 PM
StrongIslanders90

"Last year I had the opportunity to play with Crosby and Malkin, and he's right up there with those guys if not even more skilled."

Colin Mcdonald...

IDK if I would put him with them 2 yet but he certainly is special

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 04:20 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Yeah, he is carrying something alright. he is carrying two deadbeats on his shoulders. They collect points while he does all the work.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Poliz24

Great article. Thanks for posting. It says he lives on LI, anyone have a clue if its in Nassau?

Poliz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 06:33 PM
CREW99AW

I love that he is happy being an Islander, living on the Island and leading the team to success.

One of my all-time favorite articles was one in the Toronto Sun, right after he signed his 6 yr extension. I think the writer was Cox. It sounds like he wanted to cry over Tavares answers, when Tavares was explaining why he signed an extension with the team. The Toronto media had spent the previous several months, explaining how he'd be signing an offersheet and fleeing LI.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 06:55 PM
DanNYI2191

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I love that he is happy being an Islander, living on the Island and leading the team to success.

One of my all-time favorite articles was one in the Toronto Sun, right after he signed his 6 yr extension. I think the writer was Cox. It sounds like he wanted to cry over Tavares answers, when Tavares was explaining why he signed an extension with the team. The Toronto media had spent the previous several months, explaining how he'd be signing an offersheet and fleeing LI.
Cox is a toolbag. The guy has talked about Tavares wanting out of LI before Tavares started playing hockey

But in all seriousness, I remember reading an article from Cox about Tavares wanting to play in Toronto maybe a week after we drafted him.

DanNYI2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 07:45 PM
2ndGenIslander
Potvin's Cups

I don't think this article is particularly fair to the rest of the team. Yes he is producing and a large piece of the puzzle but so many different players on the team have stepped up their game this year and have been playing well.

2ndGenIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 07:55 PM
JTforPres2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndGenIslander View Post
I don't think this article is particularly fair to the rest of the team. Yes he is producing and a large piece of the puzzle but so many different players on the team have stepped up their game this year and have been playing well.
Agreed, but it's nice that JT's finally getting recognition. I'm very sick of people saying he WILL be a superstar or WILL be elite. He clearly is both and it's quite evident from any fan that watches every game how good he truly is.

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:42 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTforPres2012 View Post
Agreed, but it's nice that JT's finally getting recognition. I'm very sick of people saying he WILL be a superstar or WILL be elite. He clearly is both and it's quite evident from any fan that watches every game how good he truly is.
It seems like it is only us though. Some of the comments on the main board about JT not being elite or capable of leading the team to greatness can make your head spin. That's one of the reasons why I would like to see him with at least one worthy forward, because IMO, the points will flow like water, much more than with Moulson, or any of the other half measures they have paired him with to date.

If they end up missing the playoffs by a point or two I will be a bit sad the season didn't just fall apart, because MacKinnon would have been a scary forward to pair with John and worth more than coming shy of the playoffs.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:00 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
It seems like it is only us though. Some of the comments on the main board about JT not being elite or capable of leading the team to greatness can make your head spin. That's one of the reasons why I would like to see him with at least one worthy forward, because IMO, the points will flow like water, much more than with Moulson, or any of the other half measures they have paired him with to date.

If they end up missing the playoffs by a point or two I will be a bit sad the season didn't just fall apart, because MacKinnon would have been a scary forward to pair with John and worth more than coming shy of the playoffs.
Mario Lemieux missed the playoffs his first four years. Stamkos will miss the playoffs, again, this year. It takes a team. That's where the main board is a disaster, preys on reactive in-the-moment nonsense based on the day's highlights and slick shoot out moves...little logic there.

Tavares is a star, the hockey world knows this. And he's getting better and better.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 01:44 AM
IslesNorway

Good to see the Islanders getting some recognition in a major sports publication for a change. I love the quote by CMac where he goes "I just kind of stand around and nobody knows what I'm doing there"

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:24 AM
John TavArt Ross

He has been great, but..... I think a lot of credit is owed to the other guys stepping up. He's had a number of clutch goals/plays, but he also has a fair share of empty betters and pp goals. No disrespect. I love the guy.. (User name). Like everyone has said, it's about time we are being noticed

John TavArt Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Bexlyspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by John TavArt Ross View Post
He has been great, but..... I think a lot of credit is owed to the other guys stepping up. He's had a number of clutch goals/plays, but he also has a fair share of empty betters and pp goals. No disrespect. I love the guy.. (User name). Like everyone has said, it's about time we are being noticed
well the team only recently started pulling their weight, earlier n the season it was tavares that was winning games for us and carrying the majority of the load every night so the praise is well deserved no if and or buts, take tavares off this team and we would be in last by a healthy margin. he kept us afloat wile other guys floated so why shouldn't he get the credit?

Bexlyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:10 PM
John TavArt Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexlyspeed View Post
well the team only recently started pulling their weight, earlier n the season it was tavares that was winning games for us and carrying the majority of the load every night so the praise is well deserved no if and or buts, take tavares off this team and we would be in last by a healthy margin. he kept us afloat wile other guys floated so why shouldn't he get the credit?
He should get credit, I agreed.

John TavArt Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:41 PM
JTforPres2012

Jesse Spector was at the game tonight, if you read his article then some twitter comments he made, here's another man not giving JT the credit he deserves...

Old
04-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Quote:
Jesse Spector was at the game tonight, if you read his article then some twitter comments he made, here's another man not giving JT the credit he deserves...
Got a link to his crap?

04-07-2013, 02:11 PM
macleod50

Quote:
Yet he's pushing for the Isles to make the playoffs.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...assau-coliseum

Quote:
One sign of the Islanders' progress is that they pulled out a victory on a night when Tavares, held without a shot attempt until the third period, was largely inconspicuous, and his usual running mate, Matt Moulson, sat out with the flu, ending a streak of 284 consecutive games played.
Nothing wrong with that quote. JT has been MIA the last few games. He expects more from Tavares at this point in the season, and I think a lot of fans do as well.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:20 PM
JTforPres2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
Yet he's pushing for the Isles to make the playoffs.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...assau-coliseum

Nothing wrong with that quote. JT has been MIA the last few games. He expects more from Tavares at this point in the season, and I think a lot of fans do as well.
I have no problem with his quotes from the game regarding JT's but on his personal twitter he wrote regarding JT and I quote, "Hes never bad. Just have expectations of seeing a more dynamic game at this point in his career."

I just don't think he's giving JT the credit of pulling an organization from absolute obscurity to a possible playoff position. If Duchene replaced JT, the Isles would still be in the cellar, yet I don't think he really recognizes it.

Old
04-07-2013, 06:45 PM
macleod50

Quote:
I have no problem with his quotes from the game regarding JT's but on his personal twitter he wrote regarding JT and I quote, "Hes never bad. Just have expectations of seeing a more dynamic game at this point in his career."

I just don't think he's giving JT the credit of pulling an organization from absolute obscurity to a possible playoff position. If Duchene replaced JT, the Isles would still be in the cellar, yet I don't think he really recognizes it.
Yes I saw the Twitter comments as well. They were just as innocuous as the quotes in the article. There's nothing here to take offense to.

He also wrote
Quote:
@SDoreson Toews, Stamkos, Tavares all right there.
in response to

Quote:
@jessespector @NYIslanders JT is arguably the best under 25 player in the NHL. Agree?

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:33 PM
JTforPres2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
Yes I saw the Twitter comments as well. They were just as innocuous as the quotes in the article. There's nothing here to take offense to.

He also wrote in response to
Very true. Thanks for the clarification!