HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR-Car: Godqvist is the greatest Ranger ever edition

View Poll Results: 3 stars of the game
Asham 6 2.94%
Boyle 7 3.43%
Brassard 7 3.43%
Callahan 25 12.25%
Clowe 8 3.92%
Del Zotto 15 7.35%
Eminger 3 1.47%
Girardi 6 2.94%
Hagelin 2 0.98%
McDonagh 4 1.96%
Moore 3 1.47%
Nash 97 47.55%
Powe 4 1.96%
Pyatt 2 0.98%
Richards 12 5.88%
Stepan 73 35.78%
Stralman 5 2.45%
Zuccarello 46 22.55%
Lundqvist 190 93.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-07-2013, 03:35 PM
McCullogh

vCash: 500
Why is Hank only at 93% in this poll?

McCullogh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:55 PM
BlessThisMess513

The only performances that I've seen better from Hank were last years Vancouver game, and some game in Boston last year as well.

BlessThisMess513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laces out Dan View Post
Comparing Richter to Lundqvist? Does that seriously happen? I don't even have Richter ahead of VBK, and as close as Richter and VBK were... they are both nowhere near Lundqvist.
Only get compared because Richter is the all time winning goalie for NYR and he delivered us a cup. Richter was amazing in 94, without him playing as well as he did, we never make it past the Devils, let alone win the cup. Richter was a true money goalie..the bigger the game, the better he played. Multiple Rangers from 94 (Messier, Leetch, Graves as well as Keenan) have said if they could pick any goalie to have in net for a game 7 with the cup on the line they all would pick Richter.

That's why people compare. Richter has his number retired, won us our 94 cup and is beloved.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:11 PM
nsvoyageurs

To me, Richter is number 1. He not only had 1994, but without him in 1997, there's no way the Rangers get to the conference final against the Flyers. Vanbiesbrouck had 1986, but after that, kind of meh...never got past second round as the starting goalie for the Rangers. He'd be in the top 10 of NYR goalies (that's not saying much), but outside of Richter, Giacomin, and Lundqvist, no one had a prolonged stretch of excellence.

nsvoyageurs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Poor Pyatt. He was the only player without a vote, so he got mine. Is he really that bad?

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Poor Pyatt. He was the only player without a vote, so he got mine. Is he really that bad?
i would rather have biron out there playing forward over pyatt

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:44 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Oh, and does anyone ***** on the ice more then Eric Staal?

Him and Lecavlier, they whine and freak out anytime they're hit.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Oh, and does anyone ***** on the ice more then Eric Staal?

Him and Lecavlier, they whine and freak out anytime they're hit.
Yes, his teammate Jeff Skinner for one.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCullogh View Post
Maybe because he's all the way at the bottom so people quickly saw three other players worthy?

04-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Pyatt is a place holder. He doesn't do much but Kreider isn't ready to play Torts game. Under a different system and a different coach that gives rookies more flexibility, he can blossom in the NHL over time. Kreider needs AHL shaping. Miller does too IMO despite being closer than Kreider. Pyatt is a place holder, a role player who doesn't add much. He's just there for structure. A bit of size, a bit of puck retrieval, a bit of **** disturbing and poking at pucks here and there, a bit of net front and not much else. There are plenty of players that don't add much on paper, physically or in the locker room. You sign them and hope they're impact bottom 6 players and if they don't work out, they're still serviceable players. Wait until their contract is up and get on with it. No need to bench players for not contributing in one area or another. Pyatt is the definition of a serviceable player who doesn't add much but eats up some minutes, float around net front and add some size for the sake of looking big.

That's what the recipe thing is. Just like that extra tablespoon of flour in a cake. Doesn't do much taste or texture wise or appearance wise. It just adds to the necessary structure of the cake.
Kreider is ready to play. The difference between his play in his first stint with us this season and his second stint when he got called back up is night and day. Torts' decision to bury him again was inexplicable. You could plug him in on the third line and he'd look good.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:51 PM
azaloum90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Kreider is ready to play. The difference between his play in his first stint with us this season and his second stint when he got called back up is night and day. Torts' decision to bury him again was inexplicable. You could plug him in on the third line and he'd look good.
If you noticed, he stated that Kreider is not ready to play Torts game... Thats a major difference

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
If you noticed, he stated that Kreider is not ready to play Torts game... Thats a major difference
I really don't see it. The defensive responsibilities on a wing player are not that great. The Ranger's don't have a bunch of Selke caliber defensive forwards in their bottom six. He would be pushing Boyle down to the fourth line, which would push Pyatt out of the lineup. Pyatt's the guy whose lack of foot speed often gets them trapped in their own zone for inopportune stretches.

Boyle could still get extra defensive minutes late in the game if that's what Torts chose to do, but Kreider would be a much better option in front of the net on the powerplay than Boyle and the third line might actually do some damage even strength.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
i would rather have biron out there playing forward over pyatt
Looking forward to Dorsett

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCullogh View Post
I am one of the guys who didn't vote for Lundqvist, because he already had enough votes (I assumed and was right). My votes went to Zuccarello, Nash and Brassard. To me, 3 guys who are instrumental for the way we play offensively. That is evenly important than the goaltending.

04-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman View Post
I am one of the guys who didn't vote for Lundqvist, because he already had enough votes (I assumed and was right). My votes went to Zuccarello, Nash and Brassard. To me, 3 guys who are instrumental for the way we play offensively. That is evenly important than the goaltending.
We lose this game 6-3 without Hank.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Yes, his teammate Jeff Skinner for one.
Almost got 2 minutes in the box because of it haha. Referee was tired of his *****ing and moaning and gave him a last warning. Skinner is as bad as Crybaby, Evander "I don't want to play the racism card but it's because I'm black" Kane and Brad Marchand. John Tavares and Steven Stamkos are in a league of there own when you look at quality and personality.

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
We lose this game 6-3 without Hank.
I know, but I just felt like rewarding the guys who delivered up front and made our PP look good.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
I know, but I just felt like rewarding the guys who delivered up front and made our PP look good.
They played well too, but without Hank, their goals mean nothing in this game. I'm just glad that we found a way to win, but it was really ugly.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
They played well too, but without Hank, their goals mean nothing in this game. I'm just glad that we found a way to win, but it was really ugly.
It was a 2nd of back-to-back road games. I'll take any win. Henrik was awesome but despite not having a lot of energy left (we lost in OT against the Pens in Pittsburgh, 21 hours before the puck drop in Raleigh) the forwards created enough to score 3 goals.

I just didn't feel another vote for Henrik would make a difference. Without our forwards, we would have lost 1-0

Old
04-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
It was a 2nd of back-to-back road games. I'll take any win. Henrik was awesome but despite not having a lot of energy left (we lost in OT against the Pens in Pittsburgh, 21 hours before the puck drop in Raleigh) the forwards created enough to score 3 goals.

I just didn't feel another vote for Henrik would make a difference. Without our forwards, we would have lost 1-0
Yeah, plus it was an emotional game in Pittsburg too. Can't get too mad at the team, as long as they play better in Toronto.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:58 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayStorm View Post
No doubt the greatest goalie in the history of the Rangers. All he needs is a cup now. It would be cool to win the cup without getting a shutout.
Hes the best ive ever seen period. Yes, Hasek, Roy, Richter...

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
Yeah, plus it was an emotional game in Pittsburg too. Can't get too mad at the team, as long as they play better in Toronto.
I am pretty confident they will. Things just look different with the new guys.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Sathers Cigar View Post
Only get compared because Richter is the all time winning goalie for NYR and he delivered us a cup. Richter was amazing in 94, without him playing as well as he did, we never make it past the Devils, let alone win the cup. Richter was a true money goalie..the bigger the game, the better he played. Multiple Rangers from 94 (Messier, Leetch, Graves as well as Keenan) have said if they could pick any goalie to have in net for a game 7 with the cup on the line they all would pick Richter.

That's why people compare. Richter has his number retired, won us our 94 cup and is beloved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsvoyageurs View Post
To me, Richter is number 1. He not only had 1994, but without him in 1997, there's no way the Rangers get to the conference final against the Flyers. Vanbiesbrouck had 1986, but after that, kind of meh...never got past second round as the starting goalie for the Rangers. He'd be in the top 10 of NYR goalies (that's not saying much), but outside of Richter, Giacomin, and Lundqvist, no one had a prolonged stretch of excellence.

Even though Lundquist is going to shatter Richter's all time wins record I still have Richter number one because of his playoff preformances & Stanley cup ring.

One thing that Richter & Giacomin have in common to a certain extent is that they both played on really bad teams for most of their NYR career. Lundquist for the most part has had very good teams in front of him.

Also Richter & Giacomin did not have the benefit of not playing to a tie. Richter had 73 ties in his career.Divide them by 2 & assume 50% of those ties are wins & the other are loses Richter has 338 wins & 294 loses.

Eddie had 96 ties, same scanerio split them down the middle he would have 337 wins & 254 losses & Eddie played in 56 less games. Wow, as I write this you could make a solid argument for Giacomin being NYR's all time greatest goalie, but he doesn't have the cup & in my mind that will always make Richter number 1.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
Lundquist for the most part has had very good teams in front of him.
Is this real life?

Jonimaus is offline   Reply With Quote