HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

vCash: 500
Thomas lost control of his stick when he fell down and they called it "throwing the stick"...

I've never seen that called when it wasn't on a breakaway, and I've never seen it called when there's strong evidence for it not being intentional. It would be like if a baseball player lost grip on the barrell of the bad and it flew into the opposing dugout, and the umpire tossing that player for "intentionally firing bat into other player".

Old
03-29-2013, 11:21 PM
Bob Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
Thomas lost control of his stick when he fell down and they called it "throwing the stick"...

I've never seen that called when it wasn't on a breakaway, and I've never seen it called when there's strong evidence for it not being intentional. It would be like if a baseball player lost grip on the barrell of the bad and it flew into the opposing dugout, and the umpire tossing that player for "intentionally firing bat into other player".
I haven't seen a replay yet, but it looked pretty clear to me that Thomson threw his stick. I'm a Kitchener fan.

Old
03-30-2013, 07:22 AM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barker View Post
I haven't seen a replay yet, but it looked pretty clear to me that Thomson threw his stick. I'm a Kitchener fan.
He was diving to knock off the pass and he lost control of the stick. Usually when a player throws a stick they throw a stick pretty clearly, more than a few feet away.

Old
03-30-2013, 08:31 AM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
He was diving to knock off the pass and he lost control of the stick. Usually when a player throws a stick they throw a stick pretty clearly, more than a few feet away.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Bob Barker

Quote:
I'm just offering another perspective. I was at the game, so I didn't get the benefit of replay. I could very well be wrong.

I'm not trying to call you out, but to me, it looked like he fell and then tossed his stick. It's a moot point anyways; Kitchener won, so we can say it was a poor call.

Old
03-30-2013, 01:51 PM
bobber

That was the best game in the series for the Rangers. Some of the best teams in the league are going to disappear before the west has completed their half of the play offs. Side note Frankie P. stole a series. What a guy.

Old
04-01-2013, 09:56 AM
bobber

With Gibby in net its hard to make a prediction. The under dog Rangers could take this in six or seven if a few of the journeymen pop in some timely goals. Knights will try their best like the Storm to take Gibby out and hammer Murph. Never worked the last series hopefully it doesn't this one. Go Rangers!

Old
04-01-2013, 05:06 PM
ORYX

Quote:
I'm just offering another perspective. I was at the game, so I didn't get the benefit of replay. I could very well be wrong.

I'm not trying to call you out, but to me, it looked like he fell and then tossed his stick. It's a moot point anyways; Kitchener won, so we can say it was a poor call.
For what its worth, I agree. I was sitting first row behind the rangers bench, had a very clear view of the play. He went down to block a shot, the player side stepped his attempt, and he swung his arm and stick at the puck, letting go of the stick as he did. If you have seen the tape ball at the end of his stick (Literally a half inch bulge at the top, all the way around) you would be amazed at how he didnt HOLD onto the stick.

I didnt think it would get a penalty shot, but those are the rules, throw your stick, penalty shot.

Old
04-05-2013, 06:28 PM
SolidusAKA

Hey guys, Im going to game 4 in KIT and it is my first time going. Can anyone tell me how level G section 20 is? Im not sure if that's a stupid question, but im curious. The seating chart online oddly doesnt have levels or sections.

Old
04-05-2013, 08:37 PM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusAKA View Post
Hey guys, Im going to game 4 in KIT and it is my first time going. Can anyone tell me how level G section 20 is? Im not sure if that's a stupid question, but im curious. The seating chart online oddly doesnt have levels or sections.
sounds like you are in section 20 row G and than seat number....?you are in the visitors end for 1st and 3rd. there really are not any bad seats in the house. in the seating chart look for section 20 on the other side from the restaurant.

Old
04-05-2013, 09:30 PM
bobber

Hopefully the Rangers learn from not showing up in the first and use it in the next game. It only gets tougher with every loss.

Old
04-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Kitchener took so many Americans. Hopefully they can get most of them to report.

Speaking of which, hopefully MacInnis comes.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:46 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Kitchener took so many Americans. Hopefully they can get most of them to report.

Speaking of which, hopefully MacInnis comes.
I think 3 of them already have said they were playing for the US National Team next year. Highend players but would have liked to see a few more OHL bound players coming. But I guess we will see more of the story once rookie camp comes next month.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Shades of last season. London gets outplayed for significant amounts of time but they get a few lucky goals.

Plymouth is going to destroy them if they don't pick up their play.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Snippit

Quote:
Shades of last season. London gets outplayed for significant amounts of time but they get a few lucky goals.

Plymouth is going to destroy them if they don't pick up their play.

Who says we're going to play Plymouth? Who says that Kitchener is out of this series? Not sure how Kitchener outplayed London in the series last season. London was simply better in 3 of the games, and it was an outstanding comeback in Game 2.

Kitchener was the better team in the first half of today's game, and played a lot better than on Friday. That said, it's always refreshing to know your team can find ways to win. Stolarz has been right there with Gibson, as well. Would hardly call the London goals "lucky".

If we do meet Plymouth, it should be a good series. I'll be surprised if we get "destroyed".

Old
04-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
Who says we're going to play Plymouth? Who says that Kitchener is out of this series? Not sure how Kitchener outplayed London in the series last season. London was simply better in 3 of the games, and it was an outstanding comeback in Game 2.

Kitchener was the better team in the first half of today's game, and played a lot better than on Friday. That said, it's always refreshing to know your team can find ways to win. Stolarz has been right there with Gibson, as well. Would hardly call the London goals "lucky".

If we do meet Plymouth, it should be a good series. I'll be surprised if we get "destroyed".
Says Plymouth, who I can't see losing to Owen Sound. Last playoffs, London and Kitchener were equal, could have gone either way and all four games it went London. It's going the exact same way this year. London hasn't been any better than Kitchener (Beyond the first period on Friday) this series.

In fact, I'd say Kitchener was easily the better team this game. Kitchener dominated most of the game, they actually scored on Stolarz but didn't notice it go in so they didn't ask for a review (On the replay, Stolarz mit was in the net, behind the line). In the third period, London had half as many scoring chances as Kitchener but scored on two of theres.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Rubbers29

4 game sweep = Not equal, not sure if its different in Kitchener, but where I come from you actually have to win a game bofore saying you're just as good as the other team, when you get swept you're at least 4 goals worse! The score of todays game was 2-0 you can talk about the save being over the line all you want, I have never seen a save called a goal under review that was in the goalies glove, it's a very hard call to over turn because you cannot not be assured the ref did not plan on blowing the play dead before the puck fully crossed the line, its happened to every team, it sucks, you still needed 2 more to win, London lost 4-1 all over time games against the eventual Memorial cup champion Windsor Spitfires a few years back, I havent met a London fan that says we are basically champs too because we took them to overtime every game, we lost plain and simple just like the Rangers last year and the first two games this year

Old
04-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Snippit

Quote:
Says Plymouth, who I can't see losing to Owen Sound. Last playoffs, London and Kitchener were equal, could have gone either way and all four games it went London. It's going the exact same way this year. London hasn't been any better than Kitchener (Beyond the first period on Friday) this series.

In fact, I'd say Kitchener was easily the better team this game. Kitchener dominated most of the game, they actually scored on Stolarz but didn't notice it go in so they didn't ask for a review (On the replay, Stolarz mit was in the net, behind the line). In the third period, London had half as many scoring chances as Kitchener but scored on two of theres.
After 6 straight playoff wins for the Knights.. you would think they would be doing something that the Rangers aren't doing. I suppose it's all luck though

Old
04-07-2013, 05:42 PM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:

The same Plymouth team that just lost at home to OS

Yes the Rangers are clearly the better team, our bad....stupid 6-0 stats.

The biggest issue on the horizon might the questions asked if Sudbury remain alive same length of time as Kitch....or dre I say it, longer. Since the unloaded all those assets to Sudbury it says here things could get awkward for Spott. If they manage to wipe London out though things would be forgiven.

Old
04-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Rubbers29

A post game quote from Matt Puempel
"It’s done with,” Puempel said. “Never get it (that shot) back in my life. I don’t even know what goal you’re talking about. When it’s in the glove, it’s kind of inconclusive. If I bury that without a question, it’s a goal and we’re not standing here second-guessing it.
You saw it, it was a pretty good save.”

Old
04-07-2013, 07:45 PM
bobber

Look on Josh Brown's blog. Its a goal. His glove is behind the post with the puck in it. I have no qualms saying the Knights are the better team. They are playing the bottom seed after all. Nothing to brag about. Rangers have been a mid pack team all year and right near the bottom in goals scored. In saying that they out played the Knights for the most part in this game as verified by their own fans on the other board. The fact is they have better scoring and depth. Hard to beat that anytime.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:28 PM
mikester

like I said before no power play no go far in the playoffs, dredfull power play today and most of the season

Old
04-07-2013, 08:55 PM
bobber

Our top forwards are good players but not aggressive players. To win this time of year you have to be willing to go to the dirty areas and pay the price. Stolarz is a big goalie. They have to get in his face more. You won't score on him unless you screen him or get him moving. Soft D doesn't help either. Don't make it a love fest at home. Make it a battle.

Last edited by bobber: 04-08-2013 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old
04-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
The same Plymouth team that just lost at home to OS

Yes the Rangers are clearly the better team, our bad....stupid 6-0 stats.

The biggest issue on the horizon might the questions asked if Sudbury remain alive same length of time as Kitch....or dre I say it, longer. Since the unloaded all those assets to Sudbury it says here things could get awkward for Spott. If they manage to wipe London out though things would be forgiven.
Do you know how to read? I said it could have gone either way.

Sudbury plays in a far weaker eastern conference. Not sure what you're tring to claim with that comment.

And just because Plymouth lost to Owen Sound doesn't mean they're a worse team.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:39 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbers29 View Post
4 game sweep = Not equal, not sure if its different in Kitchener, but where I come from you actually have to win a game bofore saying you're just as good as the other team, when you get swept you're at least 4 goals worse! The score of todays game was 2-0 you can talk about the save being over the line all you want, I have never seen a save called a goal under review that was in the goalies glove, it's a very hard call to over turn because you cannot not be assured the ref did not plan on blowing the play dead before the puck fully crossed the line, its happened to every team, it sucks, you still needed 2 more to win, London lost 4-1 all over time games against the eventual Memorial cup champion Windsor Spitfires a few years back, I havent met a London fan that says we are basically champs too because we took them to overtime every game, we lost plain and simple just like the Rangers last year and the first two games this year
Don't know why that poster brings up last year. A 4 game sweep doesn't help his/her point either. But this poster also says that Jamie Benn is better than Patrick Kane.

Re this series: two pretty entertaining games. Rangers look pretty good for the most part and could be leading this series as it stands now. It's hard for both teams to get good shots. Should be a good game tomorrow.

Closed Thread