HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms and more (Apr 4. Charges against Nick Cousins are dropped)

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2013, 08:06 AM
RoDu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
That really doesn't explain why Murray's teams have gone in the ******* in each of his last two seasons, when Patterson did just fine with the exact same crew.
best before date xpired?

Old
04-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
That really doesn't explain why Murray's teams have gone in the ******* in each of his last two seasons, when Patterson did just fine with the exact same crew.
This is Murray's first year with the Phantoms and Patterson never got the team to the playoffs, so I am not sure why everyone thinks he did such a great job. The problem with the Phantoms is that there is no talent there.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:07 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
This is Murray's first year with the Phantoms and Patterson never got the team to the playoffs, so I am not sure why everyone thinks he did such a great job. The problem with the Phantoms is that there is no talent there.
Patterson also never had players like Schenn and Couturier on his team for a quarter of the season. Patterson had LESS talent and got closer to playoffs every season. Murray has done a horrible job down there. Glad to see his "defensive" system is really working.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:21 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Patterson also never had players like Schenn and Couturier on his team for a quarter of the season. Patterson had LESS talent and got closer to playoffs every season. Murray has done a horrible job down there. Glad to see his "defensive" system is really working.
that team is devoid of talent all throughout the lineup. scotty bowman couldnt make that team go. they have pretty much nothing. my bad they have wellwood lol. maybe or maybe not coaching is an issue but they have a very weak roster.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:31 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticket View Post
that team is devoid of talent all throughout the lineup. scotty bowman couldnt make that team go. they have pretty much nothing. my bad they have wellwood lol. maybe or maybe not coaching is an issue but they have a very weak roster.
One has to remember that this is the AHL. Other then a few AHL allstars, most teams dont have strong teams. Like the WB/S Penguins or CT Whalers, or even teams that are out of it but closer like the Albany Devils.

These teams arent stacked with players like some seem to think. Last season ADK barely missed playoffs with 5 points (They went 37-35-2). This season they are the 2nd worse team in the league. Alot with Murray being with the team is that he has been here before so they gave him a job. Patterson did a better job with pretty much the exact same players and missing Schenn & Couturier for 30 games.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:53 AM
jb**

Quote:
One has to remember that this is the AHL. Other then a few AHL allstars, most teams dont have strong teams. Like the WB/S Penguins or CT Whalers, or even teams that are out of it but closer like the Albany Devils.

These teams arent stacked with players like some seem to think. Last season ADK barely missed playoffs with 5 points (They went 37-35-2). This season they are the 2nd worse team in the league. Alot with Murray being with the team is that he has been here before so they gave him a job. Patterson did a better job with pretty much the exact same players and missing Schenn & Couturier for 30 games.
all that being sad this team is devoid of talent. they have marginal ahl guys. no doubt they gave hima job becuase of past ties. sometimes you cant look at the results in standings but is the defensive play of players getting better? i myself am not sure as havent seen as many games htis year as in the past.

they have how many legit nhl prospects on that team and even including guys called up.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:00 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticket View Post
all that being sad this team is devoid of talent. they have marginal ahl guys. no doubt they gave hima job becuase of past ties. sometimes you cant look at the results in standings but is the defensive play of players getting better? i myself am not sure as havent seen as many games htis year as in the past.

they have how many legit nhl prospects on that team and even including guys called up.
But how many do these other teams have also? Like seriously, take a look at these other teams. They have ECHL guys on their roster also. These other teams maybe have 1 guy who can play in the NHL (at like a top 9 role) and a few call-up guys...just like ADK. Maybe not at the moment with all the call-up guys called up, but these other farm teams arent swarmed with callup players like people think.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:35 AM
hockeyphan25

Quote:

exactly, and you would expect the team to get better with another year of experience.

Old
04-07-2013, 12:42 PM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

Quote:
But how many do these other teams have also? Like seriously, take a look at these other teams. They have ECHL guys on their roster also. These other teams maybe have 1 guy who can play in the NHL (at like a top 9 role) and a few call-up guys...just like ADK. Maybe not at the moment with all the call-up guys called up, but these other farm teams arent swarmed with callup players like people think.
This board has one of the worst "grass is greener on the other side" complexes I've ever seen lol.

Old
04-07-2013, 12:45 PM
FLYguy3911

I haven't watched a Phantoms game since the lockout ended, but when I did it was some of the worst hockey I've seen from a professional team. I'm not even talking about structure. They just don't have much skill. I vividly remember watching a game against Manchester and they were toying with the Phantoms. Their talent level was just a cut above.

I understand it's AHL hockey for a reason, but other teams roll out draft picks. The Phantoms roll out UDFA's.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:16 PM
FlyersFan61290

phantoms lost 5-4 in a SO last night to Rochester. Nobels scored his 12th of the yr. Other notables were Akeson and Wellwood who each added an assist. The only phantom with a multi-point game was Jon Sim who had 2 goals and an assist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Taylor Leier picked up an assist in tonight's 3-0 win for Portland. Portland leads the series 2-0.

Leier's got 3 goals and 4 assists through 8 playoff games so far.
I can't really figure him out. he made drastic improvements in his offensive game this past season, which is great but he's on a really stacked team (who i think is gonna win it all). he's still 19 so i imagine he'll be going back to juniors next yr and he'll finish a 20yo. in that case he should really dominate if he's ever gonna turn into a solid pro so i guess we'll just wait and see.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:53 PM
jabba2
Just say no to Clowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
I haven't watched a Phantoms game since the lockout ended, but when I did it was some of the worst hockey I've seen from a professional team. I'm not even talking about structure. They just don't have much skill. I vividly remember watching a game against Manchester and they were toying with the Phantoms. Their talent level was just a cut above.

I understand it's AHL hockey for a reason, but other teams roll out draft picks. The Phantoms roll out UDFA's.
Well they're 5-3-1 in their last 10, so there appears to have been some upgrade in their play. If McGinn had stayed there all year, its possible they would be near .500 right now.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:52 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I can't really figure him out. he made drastic improvements in his offensive game this past season, which is great but he's on a really stacked team (who i think is gonna win it all). he's still 19 so i imagine he'll be going back to juniors next yr and he'll finish a 20yo. in that case he should really dominate if he's ever gonna turn into a solid pro so i guess we'll just wait and see.
Like you alluded to he's playing on a very stacked team. He was nearly a PPG guy this playing with Oliver Bjorkstrand and Chase De Leo both of them should be going somewhere in the first 2 rounds for their draft years. All three of those guys along with Nicolas Petan should be the main guys for Portland next year with Jones, Rattie, Pouliot, and Leipsic leaving after this year. So we should be able to get a better read on him next year.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:56 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Stolarz picked up his first career playoff shutout in a 2-0 win today. He stopped 34 shots. London now leads the series 2-0.

Important to note Stolarz is out-dualing John Gibson so far this series. Gibson was a stud for USA during the WJC's and is one of the top goalies in the OHL.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 04-07-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old
04-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Roo Mad Bro
Morin & Hägg

Supposedly Stolarz made a highlight reel save on the PK. Glove save, full extension.

Some Rangers fans were saying the puck was in because his glove was partly inside the goal post, but it wasn't reviewed.

Should make youtube.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:12 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Supposedly Stolarz made a highlight reel save on the PK. Glove save, full extension.

Some Rangers fans were saying the puck was in because his glove was partly inside the goal post, but it wasn't reviewed.

Should make youtube.
They put highlights up on the OHL website but they've been slow with putting them up. They don't even have the highlights from the first game up yet. Which is weird because the usually update things on their website pretty quickly.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:24 PM
BleedOrange
Future Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Stolarz picked up his first career playoff shutout in a 2-0 win today. He stopped 34 shots. London now leads the series 2-0.

Important to note Stolarz is out-dualing John Gibson so far this series. Gibson was a stud for USA during the WJC's and is one of the top goalies in the OHL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post

Should make youtube.
Anthony Stolarz has been the 1st star in both games agianst John Gibson .

Old
04-07-2013, 03:26 PM
MP92

Nick Cousins is scheduled to make his AHL debut tonight.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:28 PM
BleedOrange
Future Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
Nick Cousins is scheduled to make his AHL debut tonight.

About time..

Old
04-07-2013, 03:28 PM
ahthorne

Stolarz looks goooood.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Whoops, way past 1000. New thread on the way.