HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban's play since coming back Part 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-07-2013, 03:04 PM
  #926
crystal ball
Registered User
 
crystal ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Ireland
Posts: 562
vCash: 500
I think the thing we sometimes forget is Subban's agent. Don Meehan was never going to let his client sign a cheap, long-term deal. He knew very well there was an excellent chance Subban would play himself into the 5-6 million (or higher) range. Beyond Subban getting short-changed if that happened, Meehan himself stood to lose a bunch of cash.

I suspect his first choice would have been a long-term deal at 5 million plus. When Bergevin wouldn't go for that for cap reasons or because he still considered Subban a project, Meehan might have asked for big money on a shorter deal. I just don't see him settling for a significant hometown discount long term, when there was a very good chance he and his client could cash in significantly in a couple of years.

crystal ball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:19 PM
  #927
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
lemme guess, Friedman read/saw all the articles and "quoted" them...


that's one difference between me and you, I wont pick up the numbers that fits my arguments better. No one knows, and I wont pretend I know more than anyone else on the matter.
Yes, because that's what Friedman does. Reads an article and repeats it. It's not like he has contacts in the NHL or anything.

So in a nutshell, you're not even disagreeing with my theory if you say that you really have no idea of what was negotiated. Anything is possible right?
Yet you insist on trying to make it seem as if I'm wrong. Pretty comical.

Can't you think for yourself? What makes the most sense to you? If you don't have an opinion and rather hide behind ignorance then great, but save me the high and mighty speech. If you don't have an opinion on the matter, you shouldn't discuss it.

So just tell me how much you think he wanted. Don't run and hide from this question. Gimme numbers.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:27 PM
  #928
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Yes, because that's what Friedman does. Reads an article and repeats it. It's not like he has contacts in the NHL or anything.

So in a nutshell, you're not even disagreeing with my theory if you say that you really have no idea of what was negotiated. Anything is possible right?
Yet you insist on trying to make it seem as if I'm wrong. Pretty comical.

Can't you think for yourself? What makes the most sense to you? If you don't have an opinion and rather hide behind ignorance then great, but save me the high and mighty speech. If you don't have an opinion on the matter, you shouldn't discuss it.

So just tell me how much you think he wanted. Don't run and hide from this question. Gimme numbers.
So, what you're saying is you brought up Friedman for no reason since, like you said yourself, he just repeated what he read in articles ?

wrong, learn how to read.


You know what, you should really drop the attitude, cause really for someone who think so highly of himself, your posts are unimpressive.


17, 44, 52.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:38 PM
  #929
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
One thing about the minutes is that it's not like he can't handle them there have been plenty of games where he's been 25-27 minutes. But the ice time our D's get has been odd all season. Last game Drewiske had more TOI than Markov. Anyways if Emelin misses the next couple weeks PK will probably be playing over 25 and should put that issue to rest.
Yes, he can handle them. But those who are voting on the award will look for reasons not to vote for the leader... it's their job to take an 'apples to apples' look at players and PK hasn't logged the kind of icetime you'd expect from a Norris winner.

It was unnecessary, I hated the decision to do this and now it will be used against him in the voting. We all watch PK every night and know what he can do but others who may not see him as much will look at this as a mark against him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
With the Emelin injury and MT using his call up Ds sparingly, PK will finish the year averaging 25 min a game.
It's silly that he wasn't averaging 25 mins a game at the start of the year. And it sadly could wind up costing him the award because that's the only way he doesn't win it now.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:39 PM
  #930
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
So, what you're saying is you brought up Friedman for no reason since, like you said yourself, he just repeated what he read in articles ?

wrong, learn how to read.


You know what, you should really drop the attitude, cause really for someone who think so highly of himself, your posts are unimpressive.


17, 44, 52.
No. Him repeating articles was sarcastic, hence the ''it's not like he has contacts in the NHL or something'' comment.

Attitude? Your posts are pretty much just ''no I'm not, you are''. You fail to answer to anything really. You discredit sources for no apparent reason. You question the words of even the player in question. All of this to end up saying ''I don't know what happens''. Not so surprisingly, you fail to answer one simple question because you know that you'll look like a moron once you do since you'll have to acknowledge that what I've been saying could indeed be true.

Impressive contribution I must say.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:41 PM
  #931
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Attitude? Your posts are pretty much just ''no I'm not, you are''. You fail to answer to anything really. You discredit sources for no apparent reason. You question the words of even the player in question. All of this to end up saying ''I don't know what happens''. Not so surprisingly, you fail to answer one simple question because you know that you'll look like a moron once you do.

Impressive contribution I must say.

Either share your thought on what you think PK wanted, otherwise gtfo.
For some "odd" reasons, I'm not at all surprised by the language used in your post.

Not surprised either that you edited your post.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:42 PM
  #932
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
For some "odd" reasons, I'm not at all surprised by the language used in your post.
For some ''odd'' reason, I'm not at all surprised by you still not answering a simple question.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:45 PM
  #933
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,473
vCash: 500
One can only hope next year he slows down a little, for the sake of our cap space

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:45 PM
  #934
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
For some ''odd'' reason, I'm not at all surprised by you still not answering a simple question.
Well, I can act the way you do and pretend I know i all, would that make you feel better ?

speaking of numbers, maybe you can share with us, what were the exact numbers discussed during negos ?

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:46 PM
  #935
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
For some ''odd'' reason, I'm not at all surprised by you still not answering a simple question.
A ECWHSWI classic - evading the question at hand.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:47 PM
  #936
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
A ECWHSWI classic - evading the question at hand.
maybe you should try awnsering, since you know... right ?

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:49 PM
  #937
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
maybe you should try awnsering, since you know... right ?
I think PK wanted a longterm contract at 4.5m-5.0m per year.

Your turn.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:50 PM
  #938
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
I think PK wanted a longterm contract at 4.5m-5.0m per year.

Your turn.
what do you mean you THINK ?? are you saying you don't know ??

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:51 PM
  #939
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 17,748
vCash: 50
Subban plays 28 mins a game in the playoffs, so I'm good with him playing less now.

He will win the Norris, but if he doesn't it's not the end of the world. I want the cup, not a Norris!

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:52 PM
  #940
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
what do you mean you THINK ?? are you saying you don't know ??
That was the question. "Either share your thought on what you think PK wanted, otherwise gtfo."

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:54 PM
  #941
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
That was the question. "Either share your thought on what you think PK wanted, otherwise gtfo."
looks like you just picked K E numbers, lazy ?

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:54 PM
  #942
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
maybe you should try awnsering, since you know... right ?
Dude, you're the one arguing against my ''theory'' that what makes the most sense is that PK wanted a longer term deal at about 4.5M. I base this off some speculations and also facts. Now, apparently that is just way too pretentious for you to accept.
I mean, the audacity that I have to come up with this idea is just crazy. Not that you think I'm even wrong because you say that we don't know anything, therefore can't really deny any theory.

Now, instead of actually responding with what you believe makes the most sense (God forbid people actually discussed things on a discussion board, I know, it's nuts) because that's all we're trying to discuss here, what makes the most sense, you simply evade questions and try to ridicule the poster. Awesome job.

To make it all funnier, you say that you just don't know what was discussed behind the scenes, so you prefer not to comment. However, you have no issues trying to tell others how wrong they are despite not knowing anything yourself.

Your posts are pathetic man. If you don't want to discuss anything, then don't enter into the discussion.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:55 PM
  #943
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
looks like you just picked K E numbers, lazy ?
Another classic ECWHSWI question evasion.

And no, these are my numbers. Maybe they're repeated throughout this thread because they actually make sense.

When will you finally answer the question?

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:11 PM
  #944
habdynasty
Registered User
 
habdynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
Pk is perfect!!! love it

habdynasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:13 PM
  #945
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,574
vCash: 500
Why would PK accept 2.85M/year is he wanted Doughty money, 7.0M/year? Even when you look at his actual salary next season, 4.0M, it's still more than 40% less than that rumoured salary (which wasn't reported by the reliable sources).

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:13 PM
  #946
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Dude, you're the one arguing against my ''theory'' that what makes the most sense is that PK wanted a longer term deal at about 4.5M. I base this off some speculations and also facts. Now, apparently that is just way too pretentious for you to accept.
I mean, the audacity that I have to make to come up with this idea is just crazy.

Now, instead of actually responding with what you believe makes the most sense (God forbid people actually discussed things on a discussion board, I know, it's nuts), you simply evade questions and try to ridicule the poster. Awesome job.

To make it all funnier, you say that you just don't know what was discussed behind the scenes, so you prefer not to comment. However, you have no issues trying to tell others how wrong they are despite not knowing anything yourself.

Your posts are pathetic man. If you don't want to discuss anything, then don't enter into the discussion.
Before I post anything, do I need to add "per year" after every friggin number or you have enough brain to get it ?


M.B. agree to pay 3.75 Mil on the second year of his short contract. Yet it makes sense for M.B to agree to this but refuse to pay him 4.5. long term ?

reality is, pretty much every top 4 D (not going to argue about him being 1st, 2nd or 4th, we can all agree he's at least a good 20 min/game D - therefore a top 4 D at least / and I'm not talking about leeches) in the league who can give you more or less 40 pts, wich he did in his first two seasons, are making 4.5 Mil OR MORE...

meaning, that even if P.K. didnt progress at all, he would have been worth the 4.5 Mil...

So, of all the rumors (Doughty's money, 5.5 Mil, 5.0 Mil etc) you think the one that makes more sense is the one saying M.B. refused a long term deal of 4.5 Mil, a difference of less than a Mil compared to his 2nd year ?

Of course I'm going to think this line of thinking is ******** since there's only two possibilities really.
1. P.K. was asking for more than 4.5
2. M.B. wanted to make sure Subban remains a Habs for way longer
(as in 2 years on bridge contract + another 6/8 years is longer than 6 years right off bat)

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:15 PM
  #947
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Another classic ECWHSWI question evasion.

And no, these are my numbers. Maybe they're repeated throughout this thread because they actually make sense.

When will you finally answer the question?
maybe you shouldnt whine about other people not awnsering questions if the best you can do is repeat what others are saying, you know...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:32 PM
  #948
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Before I post anything, do I need to add "per year" after every friggin number or you have enough brain to get it ?


M.B. agree to pay 3.75 Mil on the second year of his short contract. Yet it makes sense for M.B to agree to this but refuse to pay him 4.5. long term ?

reality is, pretty much every top 4 D (not going to argue about him being 1st, 2nd or 4th, we can all agree he's at least a good 20 min/game D - therefore a top 4 D at least / and I'm not talking about leeches) in the league who can give you more or less 40 pts, wich he did in his first two seasons, are making 4.5 Mil OR MORE...

meaning, that even if P.K. didnt progress at all, he would have been worth the 4.5 Mil...

So, of all the rumors (Doughty's money, 5.5 Mil, 5.0 Mil etc) you think the one that makes more sense is the one saying M.B. refused a long term deal of 4.5 Mil, a difference of less than a Mil compared to his 2nd year ?

Of course I'm going to think this line of thinking is ******** since there's only two possibilities really.
1. P.K. was asking for more than 4.5
2. M.B. wanted to make sure Subban remains a Habs for way longer
(as in 2 years on bridge contract + another 6/8 years is longer than 6 years right off bat)
Well there you go, was it really that hard to write such a post?

However, I disagree that just because MB is paying him 3.75M that he would have agreed to pay him around 1M more over 6 years. MB said he wanted to see some things from PK, so I think that the yearly salary wasn't much where they disagreed on. I don't think Bergevin was telling PK I don't want to pay you 750K more, I think the disagreement was over the duration. From what he said, it's clear that he was not ready to commit long term right away to PK.

The difference in our views is you will look at that and, I'm guessing, assume PK wanted a lot more cash. I could definitely understand this view. However, as I mentioned, Perno said the yearly dollars wasn't much of an issue, that it was more about the length. So from that, I assume PK wasn't asking for the moon after all.

It also doesn't make sense for him to agree to such a cheap deal if he indeed was asking for the moon. If he was that greedy he would have held out longer until Bergevin raised the dollars, or probably either ask for a trade or sign an offer sheet.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:36 PM
  #949
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Well there you go, was it really that hard to write such a post?

However, I disagree that just because MB is paying him 3.75M that he would have agreed to pay him around 1M more over 6 years. MB said he wanted to see some things from PK, so I think that the yearly salary wasn't much where they disagreed on. I don't think Bergevin was telling PK I don't want to pay you 750K more, I think the disagreement was over the duration. From what he said, it's clear that he was not ready to commit long term right away to PK.

The difference in our views is you will look at that and, I'm guessing, assume PK wanted a lot more cash. I could definitely understand this view. However, as I mentioned, Perno said the yearly dollars wasn't much of an issue, that it was more about the length. So from that, I assume PK wasn't asking for the moon after all.

It also doesn't make sense for him to agree to such a cheap deal if he indeed was asking for the moon. If he was that greedy he would have held out longer until Bergevin raised the dollars, or probably either ask for a trade or sign an offer sheet.
Thought you had what it takes to fill in the blanks, sorry, wont make that mistake again.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:46 PM
  #950
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Thought you had what it takes to fill in the blanks, sorry, wont make that mistake again.
I guess writing a normal post really was that hard for you after all.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.