HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [29-41-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2013, 11:15 AM
niftymove

vCash: 500
Quote:
He is like 6'7", filling out to 24-245lbs won't hurt his skating much. It would if he was 6'2" but not 6'7".
again: Tinordi is 6.5 3/4 has he said himself in last summer habs combine. You may rate him at 6.6 if you like.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:18 AM
niftymove

At this combine, last summer, there was a video of Tinordi showing his upper body mass: only myscles, not an ounce of fat.

I hardly believe he can add 30 pounds. 10-15 must be his max, given his frame.

Old
04-07-2013, 12:18 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Was another fun game to watch, although i missed some action flipping back and forth with the Habs game. Glad to see Hudon get the winner, he had a good game all night long, not bad for the youngest player in the entire AHL (per dogs play by play).

I also liked Kristo's line as they had a lot of speed and created a few things out there. I know that this is at least the 3rd time this season that Hamilton while in 30th in the league beat the 1st placed team. Too bad they didn't play the #1 team more often.

Another good game from Tokarski as well, I really don't understand the logic with playing Mayer over him but we'll see who gets tonights start as I don't get why play Mayer at all since he's leaving and I assume Tokarski will be the Dogs starter next season.

Tinordi with a big night, Bealieu another night of good and bad as he was in on the 1st goal but got caught watching the goal against.

Old
04-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

So with that Beaulie called-up, we have to come to the conclusion that....Fred St-Denis won't be a Bulldog next year. I really thought he'd be called up after having seen the young kids. St-Denis has been surpassed by everybody or so it seems, so there's no point of him coming back.

Another really young defensive squad next year as some young kids are coming and you lose your only vet. I sure hope we'd fine some room for some rookies in Wheeling. And go get 1 or 2 vets in the back end. We need to win next year. Or at least, win more.

Old
04-07-2013, 12:31 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
So with that Beaulie called-up, we have to come to the conclusion that....Fred St-Denis won't be a Bulldog next year. I really thought he'd be called up after having seen the young kids. St-Denis has been surpassed by everybody or so it seems, so there's no point of him coming back.

Another really young defensive squad next year as some young kids are coming and you lose your only vet. I sure hope we'd fine some room for some rookies in Wheeling. And go get 1 or 2 vets in the back end. We need to win next year. Or at least, win more.
He hasn't looked the same as last year but I am surprised he didn't get called up at some point so I guess he is gone in the off-season. Hopefully they can get a vet or two on the backend next year. Maybe something like,

Beaulieu Pateryn
Tinordi Thrower/Dietz
vet Dietz/Thrower
Stejskal

Old
04-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

I think the Drewiskie signing was the end for St-Denis' chances on the Habs.

Old
04-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
He hasn't looked the same as last year but I am surprised he didn't get called up at some point so I guess he is gone in the off-season. Hopefully they can get a vet or two on the backend next year. Maybe something like,

Beaulieu Pateryn
Tinordi Thrower/Dietz
vet Dietz/Thrower
Stejskal
Thrower will go back to the WHL, no ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I think the Drewiskie signing was the end for St-Denis' chances on the Habs.
Acquisition I believe you mean.

Old
04-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Acquisition I believe you mean.
Yes, I do.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:07 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
He is an overager next season, I wouldn't be so sure of his return.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:30 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post

Beaulieu Pateryn
Tinordi Thrower/Dietz
vet Dietz/Thrower
Stejskal
Where is Ellis?

1 of Tinordi or Beaulieu will start the season in Montreal for sure... I would guess Tinordi

Beaulieu-Pateryn
Dietz-Ellis
Vet-Thrower

Old
04-07-2013, 02:22 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Where is Ellis?

1 of Tinordi or Beaulieu will start the season in Montreal for sure... I would guess Tinordi

Beaulieu-Pateryn
Dietz-Ellis
Vet-Thrower
With the Bouillon signing and the Drewiski trade, I doubt one of Beaulieu or Tinordi starts in MTL.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
With the Bouillon signing and the Drewiski trade, I doubt one of Beaulieu or Tinordi starts in MTL.
Drewiske is a UFA, FYI...

There definitely should be a spot left open for a kid on our D next fall.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:34 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Drewiske is a UFA, FYI...

There definitely should be a spot left open for a kid on our D next fall.
What I meant was that they think Drewiski deserve to be re-signed and have a regular spot.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:49 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

I just noticed Nokelainen has been playing for the Dogs for a while.

I'm surprised he hasn't been up with the Habs the whole time? I was certain he was out due to injury.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I just noticed Nokelainen has been playing for the Dogs for a while.

I'm surprised he hasn't been up with the Habs the whole time? I was certain he was out due to injury.
He was. When he became healthy he was sent down.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

Mayer starting again.

Does Lefebvre even know this guy is not going to be in the plans next year?

Sounds like Vail will sit again. Just exasperating.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:48 PM
KadoCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
What I meant was that they think Drewiski deserve to be re-signed and have a regular spot.
For 800k/900k he'd be a good #7 for sure compared to Kaberle or Weber he brings stability and Beaulieu can be called up if a guy like Diaz/Markov/Subban misses some time next year.

Let Tinordi/Ellis/Beaulieu/Pateryn get big minutes for the Dogs next year.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:48 PM
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.

vCash: 187
Don't get why Vail is sitting. It makes no sense that Lefebvre want to follow the "Do not change a winning line-up" considering he barely makes any significant changes when losing (from what I've seen during the lockout).

Old
04-07-2013, 04:50 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

I can't comment on Lefebvre but come on guys, do we really want some of our top young prospects playing without Stortini or Hagel in the lineup?

Maybe Vail will cycle in after a few games with another rookie just to let him see a few games from up on high.

Lefebvre is getting the benefit of the doubt from me since all of our call ups have been great. To me that's the most important thing.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

You could sit Quailer, who has not done much this year. Or an Archambault. Vail seemed to be playing well.

Highlights from Friday night:

theahl.com robbed Bournival of an assist on that 4th goal, it was given to Tenute and it's still the case as of now. I also recall Bournival not getting credited for an assist during 1 of the TV games (it went to Gallagher when he wasn't even in on the play).

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 04-07-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old
04-07-2013, 05:26 PM
finman8

Seriously what the h is going on..tokarski,s been unreal..Mayers leavin...give me a reason...

Old
04-07-2013, 05:50 PM
That

Tinordi lined up two people in the first period. He got the just missed both of them unfortunately and got a penalty for the second one.

He's been really physical the past two games. I don't think I've ever seen him this aggressive in terms of laying open ice checks.

Old
04-07-2013, 06:12 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I wouldn't think so, we'll see how it goes for him at the Memorial Cup and then they can take another look at him during the development camp, but I would think he'll be signed at some point before next season gets under way and plays at the pro level (AHL/ECHL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Where is Ellis?

Beaulieu-Pateryn
Dietz-Ellis
Vet-Thrower
Forgot him, not sure 1 of Tinordi/Beaulieu are regulars, of course a great camp could do it but I'd rather they take their time and not rush them. Both should see more games with the Habs next year but I wouldn't mind seeing both get time in the AHL as well.

Old
04-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I'm all for giving Lefebvre the benefit of the doubt. Again, we have enough brain trust in our management so they'd analyse Lefebvre really carefully...but geez....I don't get what he's doing right now. We're out of playoffs. It's not like you actually suddenly give a crap about the Dogs fans and play to win 'cause you actually rarely did win. So you play the kids to give them experience. That's the point. And even in nets....put freakin Chouinard in. I guess we'll still invited him to development camp, but just see how he looks during a game. And then the Vail thing....and even what happened with Avtsin as much a liability he was in his overall game. I'd love to know what it's in our management minds right now. But sitting Vail as much as he's doing makes no sense whatsoever.

Old
04-07-2013, 06:43 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Tinordi lined up two people in the first period. He got the just missed both of them unfortunately and got a penalty for the second one.

He's been really physical the past two games. I don't think I've ever seen him this aggressive in terms of laying open ice checks.
Gotta imagine he wanted that callup really bad and is slightly motivated that Nate got it instead.

Closed Thread