HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is it a good sign that the new Team clicked so fast?

Old
04-07-2013, 05:43 PM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

vCash: 500
Is it a good sign that the new Team clicked so fast?

Since the aquisitions, we undeniably look changed and are downright filthy to play against.

The team clicked immediately and we're 2-0-1, with a goal differential of 11-3! (4 if you count the shootout!)

Am I exagerating? It seems somewhat unusual. I think is a very good sign.

NYRFANMANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:45 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Personally, I think too many people are crediting how good we look to the trades and not to something we should be- Brad Richards.

The trades are working out right now, yes. Clowe is a force all the time and Brassard has looked good (though I wasn't too impressed with him against CAR.) However, Brad Richards is suddenly playing VERY GOOD hockey. Like, borderline great at times. Right now he's looking like he did last season, and I personally think that's why our offense seems more potent all of a sudden.

It also helps that for two of the three games since all the trades, Hank put up two of his best games of the season in a row.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:53 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Personally, I think too many people are crediting how good we look to the trades and not to something we should be- Brad Richards.

The trades are working out right now, yes. Clowe is a force all the time and Brassard has looked good (though I wasn't too impressed with him against CAR.) However, Brad Richards is suddenly playing VERY GOOD hockey. Like, borderline great at times. Right now he's looking like he did last season, and I personally think that's why our offense seems more potent all of a sudden.

It also helps that for two of the three games since all the trades, Hank put up two of his best games of the season in a row.
Agreed. Richards has made one or two absolutely miraculous passes each game for the last handful. That's exactly what NYR needs from him. Also, yeah, Hank seems to be back to last year's level after hovering just below it until recently.

It does seem odd that Richards seemed to come to life and Hank seemed to switch to god-mode right after the trade though.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:56 PM
TheRightWay

No, it's a bad sign.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 823
No, it's a bad sign. Edit - Damn

But Richards and the PP has been behind it all. Also, the great passing by Brassard and MZA.

04-07-2013, 05:58 PM
JoeBoo

Getting hot at the right time. Last 10 games in 19 days, with 6 of them away. I hope they can keep the momentum going.

JoeBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
The only thing that's fast is the assumption that they are clicking.

04-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Vidic15

It's not just one thing or one players that has caused the turnaround. They're actually moving their feet creating space for themselves and teammates in the offensive zone. Passing is much better and with more creativity. When coming back, they are standing the opposite team up at the blueline. Remember back in the beginning of the season our D would constantly backup and let opposing players skate right into the zone in good shooting position. Forecheck is much better and tenacious. It really is a complete 180. You have to believe there was something in moving Gaborik that sparked this team. We may never know the truth, though.

Vidic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:01 PM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
The only thing that's fast is the assumption that they are clicking.
No assumption...they are definitely clicking lol. Will it last? That is the question.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Green Blob*

Not sure if its them clicking or its them just getting their confidence back. The big trade I think woke a lot of players up when they saw Gaborik shipped out.

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
No assumption...they are definitely clicking lol. Will it last? That is the question.
It's been 3 games and they looked awful yesterday. I'm happy that they look better but I'll stay modest until we string together more wins.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:07 PM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
It's been 3 games and they looked awful yesterday. I'm happy that they look better but I'll stay modest until we string together more wins.
Is awful really the word you would use? I think they looked good especially offensively, they got out to an early lead and let up pretty bad. D zone coverage was all over the place, that is for sure. Staying modest about it is the way to go, I am trying to keep my hopes down as well. Let's just hope they can keep the PP and PK going and keep creating scoring chances.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Is awful really the word you would use? I think they looked good especially offensively, they got out to an early lead and let up pretty bad. D zone coverage was all over the place, that is for sure. Staying modest about it is the way to go, I am trying to keep my hopes down as well. Let's just hope they can keep the PP and PK going and keep creating scoring chances.
I wasn't too convinced. They had solid spurts but Hank has (once again) been the only constant over the last month.

I will say that they certainly look to have more camaraderie if that makes any sense and more cohesive. Guys like Clowe certainly put a spine back in them.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:13 PM
NickyFotiu

People are often overlooking we played a very strong offensive game vs the Jets before the trade. Richards has looked good since put together with Zooks.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:14 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
The team was clearly too gassed to play defense last night but the offense has been solid, especially the power play. Surprisingly.

KingWantsCup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Leetch66

Makes a difference when you subtract somebody that was just picking up a check and mailing in an effort most games an replace him with someone with creativity on the PP and can make everybody play a bit bigger [Clowe] . The extra D also helped...Hamrlik/Gilroy = Poison . But maybe really over looked was having AA back in the lineup along side Powe . Those 2 guys have given us solid shifts in the last few games .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:26 PM
tornmeniscus
Old School

I am so high on the new lineup

tornmeniscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Clowe, Moore, Brassard, and eventually Dorsett rekindling memories of Noonan, Matteau, Anderson...etc

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Brad Richards is starting to look like Brad Richards and Henrik Lundqvist has re-activated god mode. Those are the two biggest reasons we're 3-0-1 (2-0-1 since the trade).

I think the Gaborik trade gave everyone a collective kick in the ass, especially for Richards. In that Pitt game he was skating noticeably harder and better and making very nice passes and very smart and creative plays. As we've all said all along, the Rangers hopes hinge on Brad Richards finding his game. He's played 4 good games in a row...is it a coincidence that we're winning? Zucc has looked good, Clowe and Brassard are definitely good pieces and help and Moore is a good 6d right now. But Richards playing like Richards is the most important part (Hank notwithstanding).

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:36 PM
JayQueensNY88*

It's only 3 games and the trades lit a fire under everyone's ass got there adrenaline going ,like I said ,it's only 3 games. Lets see how it goes with a new season.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Kershaw

It's only been 3 games, I'm certainly not sold yet, especially with the embarrassing display on ES vs. the Hurricanes.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:40 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornmeniscus View Post
I am so high on the new lineup
Dude I'm def digging it as well. Once Pyatt is gone and Zucc(idk why he was even brought over) is gone and Asham is gone then ill be even more stoked

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
Dude I'm def digging it as well. Once Pyatt is gone and Zucc(idk why he was even brought over) is gone and Asham is gone then ill be even more stoked
Gotta disagree with you about Zucc, 2 words come to mind catalyst and spark

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Pizza

??????? only in the Rangersphere.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:48 PM
tornmeniscus
Old School