HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Subban's play since coming back Part 2

Old
04-07-2013, 04:48 PM
CrAzYNiNe

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Yes, he can handle them. But those who are voting on the award will look for reasons not to vote for the leader... it's their job to take an 'apples to apples' look at players and PK hasn't logged the kind of icetime you'd expect from a Norris winner.

It was unnecessary, I hated the decision to do this and now it will be used against him in the voting. We all watch PK every night and know what he can do but others who may not see him as much will look at this as a mark against him.

It's silly that he wasn't averaging 25 mins a game at the start of the year. And it sadly could wind up costing him the award because that's the only way he doesn't win it now.
With Karlsson winning without playing much PK time, I don't feel that Subban will lose out due to a minute of TOI. Either way, winning or not, he has already had a tremendous season.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
With Karlsson winning without playing much PK time, I don't feel that Subban will lose out due to a minute of TOI. Either way, winning or not, he has already had a tremendous season.
Karlsson has such a big lead over the 2nd Dman for pts though. I think that was the biggest factor.

I'm hoping the TOI argument won't be a factor though. PK is being used as our #1 Dman, and him and Markov are getting big minutes. It would be dumb to use PK for 28min like they do in Minny with Suter. They don't have much of a choice there. Brodin is a great but he's a 19yo rookie, Spurgeon is young as well, then they have Gilbert. I mean, they don't have a Markov or Gorges.

Lidstrom won in Detroit averaging 23min a game in his last Norris win. In terms of avg TOI, he was 28th in the NHL. To be fair though, that was the last time and he's had a reputation established already. The first time he won it he was averaging 28-29min a game.

If PK keeps up his point pace though, I have a hard time understanding how you can choose anybody over him really.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:24 PM
JustAHabFan

Suter is the direct competitor with Subban for the Norris. Two things are in Subban's favor:

1) It still not clear if Minny make the playoff. If they do not, I just don't see how they award the Norris to Sutter.

2) Subban has 4 pts lead and a +13 (+/-) lead on Suter. If this lead keep trending up for Subban, it will be tough to justify the Norris trophy to Suter.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Suter is the direct competitor with Subban for the Norris. Two things are in Subban's favor:

1) It still not clear if Minny make the playoff. If they do not, I just don't see how they award the Norris to Sutter.

2) Subban has 4 pts lead and a +13 (+/-) lead on Suter. If this lead keep trending up for Subban, it will be tough to justify the Norris trophy to Suter.
Plus Subban signed a team friendly contract and is a team guy. Suter abandoned his friends to sign to the highest bidder!

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post

Its more in favor of subban than you think, when they showed those stats about D leaders in points :

you had subban at the top of the list (which lol, could probably be ENOUGH by itself), and then Suter with 3 goals, Letang with 3 goals, and the 4th guy with 5 goals, ....while subban has 10 , TEN , and it stands out

the voters look at these things, all of them, they can see how many goals he has, how many goals he has on the powerplay, overall points, overall play, killing penalties

Its Subbans to lose at this point. not to mention the fact his team is in 2nd place in the eastern conference, in large part THANKs to him

Its subbans to lose, and it feels good, theres no way around it, the guys a superstar, and hes OURS, finally.

The only thing ill be slightly disapointed about when and if subban does win, is i wish he had gone toe to toe against the REAL threat : karlsson, that would of been a tighter vote then what i think this ones going to be without karsslon in the mix.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post

The only thing ill be slightly disapointed about when and if subban does win, is i wish he had gone toe to toe against the REAL threat : karlsson, that would of been a tighter vote then what i think this ones going to be without karsslon in the mix.
Next year

Old
04-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Next year
hehe hell yeah

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:10 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Why would PK accept 2.85M/year is he wanted Doughty money, 7.0M/year? Even when you look at his actual salary next season, 4.0M, it's still more than 40% less than that rumoured salary (which wasn't reported by the reliable sources).
Exactly

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Exactly
So what are you saying? He wanted a short term deal at a cheap price?

Old
04-08-2013, 11:37 PM
SB164

That's nice

Eric Engels ‏@EricEngels 6 Apr

Big Karl Subban awestruck seeing Markov post-game. Says he's a huge fan of 79 + that he's real proud of the way the team plays

SB164 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
That's nice

Eric Engels ‏@EricEngels 6 Apr

Big Karl Subban awestruck seeing Markov post-game. Says he's a huge fan of 79 + that he's real proud of the way the team plays
I bet there were a lot of mixed emotions for Big Karl when Malcolm got drafted by the B's.

Old
04-08-2013, 11:47 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I bet there were a lot of mixed emotions for Big Karl when Malcolm got drafted by the B's.
At the end of the day, I'm certain Big Karl is a father first and a hockey fan second. I'm sure he was proud

SB164 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:05 AM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
At the end of the day, I'm certain Big Karl is a father first and a hockey fan second. I'm sure he was proud
Oh for sure, but any real MTL fan at some point would have said to themself "oh 30 teams, it had to be Boston"

Old
04-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Oh for sure, but any real MTL fan at some point would have said to themself "oh 30 teams, it had to be Boston"
I'll bet he's probably thought "I hope Jordan doesn't get snatched by Buffalo or Toronto".

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:25 AM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
I'll bet he's probably thought "I hope Jordan doesn't get snatched by Buffalo or Toronto".
I'd Jordan to have the ability to play in Hamilton for a couple years so he can be close to home!