HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 UFA targets for Buffalo?

Old
04-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot85 View Post
Weren't their reports last year that Anaheim wanted Myers for Ryan? What would you trade for him?
I don't recall any reports of expected return beyond LeBrun mentioning when the rumor mill was active about Ryan that the Ducks wanted a high-end prospect and young NHL forward. Most were wondering, given Anaheim's need for a 2nd line center at the time, if that meant Ennis....and of course doubts Regier would have been willing to give him up after the late-season hot streak Ennis had.

Anyway, if I were GM and Murray offered me Ryan, I'd make anyone on the roster or organizational depth chart available, including Myers. Ryan's a proven scorer, with size, speed and still only 25. He'd definitely be a crucial core piece for any rebuild IMO.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 11:08 AM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
Screw the UFA market. i want to see Regier throw a couple offer sheets at some RFA's where there is some REAL talent to be had that is young. Speed this rebuild up as well. It may not work but the time has come to get aggressive.
Imagine offersheeting someone and missing out on McDavid. Nooooo thanks.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Irving Zisman
Really Bad Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot85 View Post
Weren't their reports last year that Anaheim wanted Myers for Ryan? What would you trade for him?

I think fans will be patient enough-we have been for the last several years.

Stafford does need to go, but he certainly has trade value. I hope Reiger didn't overvalue him.

I forgot about the amnesty clause. I would use on Leino next summer, not this coming one. I would like to see him with a full year (healthy) under a new coach.

I'm with you on Miller and Vanek. Miller should be moved, and I want to keep Vanek too, but you're right, he seems frustrated.
The actual rumor was when Darcy asked Anaheim for Getzlaf, the Ducks wanted Myers in return. Paul Hamilton first reported it, people initially thought it was just speculation, and then he came back and confirmed that it was actually Getzlaf's true asking price.

Irving Zisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Irving Zisman
Really Bad Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
I don't recall any reports of expected return beyond LeBrun mentioning when the rumor mill was active about Ryan that the Ducks wanted a high-end prospect and young NHL forward. Most were wondering, given Anaheim's need for a 2nd line center at the time, if that meant Ennis....and of course doubts Regier would have been willing to give him up after the late-season hot streak Ennis had.

Anyway, if I were GM and Murray offered me Ryan, I'd make anyone on the roster or organizational depth chart available, including Myers. Ryan's a proven scorer, with size, speed and still only 25. He'd definitely be a crucial core piece for any rebuild IMO.
I agree. I'd pay dearly to get him here- he's already a consistent and elite scorer, and still young enough to be a part of the new core going forward. I'd offer Stafford, Grigorenko, Adam and MIN's 1st with little hesitation, especially if we land another high-end center prospect (Barkov, Lindholm, Monahan) since it would negate the sting of losing Grigs.

Irving Zisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
There is really ****-all available in UFA this summer right now. Perhaps something opens up with buy-outs and non-tendered RFA's with the cap going down, but at this point, but outside of Gordon as a bottom 6 candidate, there isn't anyone interesting/helpful.

04-07-2013, 10:44 PM
drinking bleach irl
POST MORE RECKLESS

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
There is really ****-all available in UFA this summer right now. Perhaps something opens up with buy-outs and non-tendered RFA's with the cap going down, but at this point, but outside of Gordon as a bottom 6 candidate, there isn't anyone interesting/helpful.
dat Mark Streit

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Imlach a cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
dat Mark Streit
35 yr old defenseman are the best thing for a young rebuilding team. I heard old guys on their last contracts go to those teams for their last shot at finishing 9th.

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:01 AM
clumping platelets

With all those draft picks........does anyone believe Darcy (or replacement) would consider going the RFA offer sheet route. A number of quality RFA will be available

Bogosian

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:32 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
dat Mark Streit
That has been my target since the season began.

That he has had a subpar year helps us in that he may be had for a bit less than I thought coming in.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 04:13 AM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

Valtteri Filppula
David Clarkson
Nathan Horton
Fedotenko
Wiess
Penner
Scuderi/Whitney/Ference/Hainsey

Those are the guys I'd keep an eye on, if they are going for the right price sign 'em. I'm interested in Veterans with some leadership and/or ability. Taken from Capgeeks list so not sure how realistic some of these are.

RazielMoshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 04:42 AM
SlugLife978

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazielMoshman View Post
Valtteri Filppula
David Clarkson
Nathan Horton
Fedotenko
Wiess
Penner
Scuderi/Whitney/Ference/Hainsey

Those are the guys I'd keep an eye on, if they are going for the right price sign 'em. I'm interested in Veterans with some leadership and/or ability. Taken from Capgeeks list so not sure how realistic some of these are.
The bolded are who I would be open to signing. I would stay faaar away from Penner and Wiess, though.

SlugLife978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 07:42 AM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugLife978 View Post
The bolded are who I would be open to signing. I would stay faaar away from Penner and Wiess, though.
Wiess has put up solid numbers throughout his career and we are lacking a proven C behind Hodgson (Ennis, Grig, Girg, Larsson still have alot to prove).

Penner is a big former 30 goal scorer who only failed with LA. We could no doubt get him for less than Pardy is on. Not to mention the fact that we are more than a little short on wingers.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:33 PM
SabreBlood

David Clarkson would fit in very well with where this organization seems to be headed...ie; The Steve Ott era. Add in Clarkson to Kaleta, Ott, and Foligno (when he feels like playing like a Foligno) and you're looking at a very difficult group of forwards to play against. They all have a great mix of toughness, grit and skill.

I'll take Clarkson on this team all day.

If you can move Stafford for some youth/picks and bring in Clarkson, I think we'd be heading in the right direction.

SabreBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:07 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreBlood View Post
David Clarkson would fit in very well with where this organization seems to be headed...ie; The Steve Ott era. Add in Clarkson to Kaleta, Ott, and Foligno (when he feels like playing like a Foligno) and you're looking at a very difficult group of forwards to play against. They all have a great mix of toughness, grit and skill.

I'll take Clarkson on this team all day.

If you can move Stafford for some youth/picks and bring in Clarkson, I think we'd be heading in the right direction.
Agreed on Clarkson, but as has been pointed out, there will be a pretty high interest level from several teams, and his price will be very "over the top"...

Old
04-09-2013, 09:11 AM
SabreBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Agreed on Clarkson, but as has been pointed out, there will be a pretty high interest level from several teams, and his price will be very "over the top"...
I'd trade out Stafford's salary and sign Clarkson for the same amount...But really, no more than that. With the cap going down, I'm not convinced he'd get much more than Stafford's current salary. But I'll never underestimate the GM's in this league.

SabreBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

Looked through the UFA list to find some more under-the-radar guys. I like Bickell out of Chicago. He's a nice complementary piece. Also, Andy McDonald, although made of glass, could be an affordable and decent stopgap (1-2 years) until the younger centers mature. Also also, I had no idea Eric Fehr was only 27--seems like he's been in the league forever.

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:28 PM
SabresBills2012

Vanek, 2nd(2013) for Ryan and 1st(2013)

SabresBills2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

I'd love Nathan Horton for our bottom 6 .... but.. I have a feeling he's going to be offered top 6 money..well... no feeling about it.. He will be offered top 6 money.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBills2012 View Post

What does Anaheim accomplish with this?

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:00 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
What does Anaheim accomplish with this?
I'm trying to figure that out. A change in finisher, minus a first?

Old
04-11-2013, 04:10 AM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBills2012 View Post
You wouldn't get Vanek and a 2nd for Ryan straight up. This does nothing for their team. Let's see where they are after the playoffs and go from there.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
I'd love Nathan Horton for our bottom 6 .... but.. I have a feeling he's going to be offered top 6 money..well... no feeling about it.. He will be offered top 6 money.
He has an expressed hatred for Pat Kaleta. How much extra money is it going to take to put him into a Sabre roster? Is it worth it?

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:39 AM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
He has an expressed hatred for Pat Kaleta. How much extra money is it going to take to put him into a Sabre roster? Is it worth it?
So have most NHL players past and present. I wonder if it's been a breaker for any players. Don't think we'll ever know though to be honest, can't imagine it has been though. $ does talk 'n all.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
I like Filpulla a LOT, but I'm also sure teams will line up and overpay for him this summer - and with the cap coming down, I'd be even more wary of big contracts in Regier's place.
Yeah word Is that Filppula wants between $5.5m-$6.0m per year for at least 6 years he's not worth that kind of money.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Because he's a top six forward.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote